CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a missing girl in my area a couple of weeks ago. They checked a pond (twice I believe) using sonar, divers, etc. and they didn't find anything. A local company offered their services to drain the pond and once it was drained they found the girls body. I have no clue how big this body of water is in Colorado because I haven't seen pictures of it but would that be a possibility? Since cadaver dogs picked up a scent there?

That lake is GIANT.

That lake is GIANT.

Here in Colorado (in Westminster) a man went missing on December 6 in an area with several ponds (none of them huge). They searched one of the larger ponds with sonar and didn't find anything. Well today they went out and searched the larger pond again, in one of the areas previously searched by sonar and they found a body. (Not confirmed yet that it is the missing man).

I would think if sonar and divers could miss a man's body in a pond, a big lake like Vallecito would be very very tricky.

We had a missing girl in my area a couple of weeks ago. They checked a pond (twice I believe) using sonar, divers, etc. and they didn't find anything. A local company offered their services to drain the pond and once it was drained they found the girls body. I have no clue how big this body of water is in Colorado because I haven't seen pictures of it but would that be a possibility? Since cadaver dogs picked up a scent there?

http://www.fishexplorer.com/co/lakedet.asp?lid=2143
topo map + pictures of ice fishing

The reservoir it creates, Vallecito Reservoir, has a water surface of 4.3 square miles and a maximum capacity of 125,400 acre-feet.
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vallecito_Dam[/ame]

Elevation: 7,665' above sea level

Someone saw that a local on the facebook page thinks Mark's vehicles were returned. Not sure if so and so thinks so is proof that they were returned.

This is what a reporter said to me in response to this question: "It seemed that all of Mark’s vehicles had been returned to him when I went up there."

So to me, it seems like they might have been, but it's still up in the air.

It often depends on the LEA in the case; if they are speaking out at least once in a while, the threads stay more active. But often, after a month or two, I tend to see people just dropping in to check. And then if there is ever news, everyone swarms back of course.

But since I am bad luck, most of "my" cases are those with little activity...:(

Still here, every day. Waiting for news and hoping that Durango Herald article stirs up some public scrutiny of MR. Don't know when and how I'll ever stop checking in. Long ago, Milly Dowler from the UK disappeared when I was over there on my honeymoon. I didn't stop checking the news for her until she was found 6 months later and now, ten years later, we're still speaking of her thanks to the hacking case. I don't want to be searching for Dylan in six months or talking of him in ten years. In ten years, he should be graduating from college or finishing a tour of duty in the military. Let's help bring Dylan home.

''"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.

Information he received from the boy's friends suggests that Dylan was hitchhiking when he disappeared, Redwine said.

"It sounds to me like he's not even in the area," he said. '''

Which is it MR ? Did he go fishing or is he not in the area ? He says why didnt' they look at the lake ? But on second thought he's probably long gone? Now here is another thing I've read umpteen times and didn't put the 2 together. How could he possible mean BOTH of those statements at the same time ?

So then my guess would be he is not in the lake and not long gone. I predict Dylan will be found within 20 miles of MR's home. It will be a place MR is familiar with. He was comfortable going there in the dark.

Honestly I think this was planned and McDonalds was the Last Supper for Dylan.

Never would I have believed what I just wrote but we saw the devil in Casey Anthony and I think we will see him again!

I posted to see if Ransom could verify the pictures of items that were shown to searchers/volunteers.

The volunteers were shown pictures of items similar to Dylan’s hat, backpack, shoes, cell phone and jacket

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/

BBM

I thought one of the news station mentioned a jacket or some of the things that were found...I remember a sock?

So it also seems they were looking for Dylan's cell phone...

Awww the cell phone. I bet it was thrown out the window minus the battery and that is what they are looking for.

I hope ER's cellphone gave them some information.

I haven't closed this thread now in a month, or shut down my computer. I probably should but it takes forever to come on again. I just refresh all the time.

Same here. And I have the thread up 24/7 on my phone also. I refresh at least on average every 10 minutes. Hoping to see news.

So then my guess would be he is not in the lake and not long gone. I predict Dylan will be found within 20 miles of MR's home. It will be a place MR is familiar with. He was comfortable going there in the dark.

Never would I have believed what I just wrote but we saw the devil in Casey Anthony and I think we will see him again!

I totally agree with this. Is there an emoticon for "what honeybun said"

I don't know how to bring over my post from the last thread so excuse the copy and paste

I had this niggling at the back of my mind for days.

If the scenario is supposed to be that somehow Dylan has fallen into the lake then where is his backpack and wouldn't he have been on or close to the shoreline? I can't see him fishing with it on and I can't see him fishing in in knee deep or more water.

IMO the Vallecito Lake is a red herring.

I'll add that if Dylan had been at the lake its not unreasonable IMO to think that something would be found, shoes, backpack etc but there was nothing found that we are aware of.

I have heard people saying that he MIGHT have fallen in and drowned because of his backpack being on. I can see that, but if so, where is his fishing pole?

I think they float, don't they?

I have heard people saying that he MIGHT have fallen in and drowned because of his backpack being on. I can see that, but if so, where is his fishing pole?

I think they float, don't they?

No, they don't float. Teaching little ones to cast AND hold on to the pole at the same time, is $omewhat of an expen$ive learning experience.

A poster so many threads back mentioned that when family does the killing, they hide the bodies better than when strangers are to blame. This worries me greatly. However, I believe if our suspect IS MR then he would be hiding a body, as you say, in a place he is familiar with and yes, comfortable getting to and from there in the dark.

It's a red herring, to you, because you don't think DR walked there since his belongings would have been found on shore.

How about ... "someone" put him in that lake with all of his belongings?

Still a red herring?

Interesting theory. Did Dylan go to the lake on his own, and then ran into a random killer there? Or did said killer take him to that lake?

One of the reasons I wonder about that is because the daytime is a really stupid time to fight with a teen and throw them into a lake. Reason being, you have NO IDEA how many people might be looking at the lake at the time. The lake is surrounded by potential witnesses---hunters, hikers, photographers, game wardens. And you cannot tell if there is someone at the other side of the lake watching you or not. It just does not seem like a good place to get rid of a body in the middle of the day. JMO

Interesting theory. Did Dylan go to the lake on his own, and then ran into a random killer there? Or did said killer take him to that lake?

One of the reasons I wonder about that is because the daytime is a really stupid time to fight with a teen and throw them into a lake. Reason being, you have NO IDEA how many people might be looking at the lake at the time. The lake is surrounded by potential witnesses---hunters, hikers, photographers, game wardens. And you cannot tell if there is someone at the other side of the lake watching you or not. It just does not seem like a good place to get rid of a body in the middle of the day. JMO

Sure but this would have been Sunday night, after dark.

No, they don't float. Teaching little ones to cast AND hold on to the pole at the same time, is $omewhat of an expen$ive learning experience.

My DH must have bought really cheap fishing poles because our kids poles did float, for awhile anyway. they used to drop them from the dinghy and we would have to try and scoop them up before they would float away. LOL

So it looks like his trucks were returned, even if it wasn't LE verified?? And it seems like it was awhile back. Boy, LE sure isn't talking to the press, are they?

Same here. And I have the thread up 24/7 on my phone also. I refresh at least on average every 10 minutes. Hoping to see news.

Ditto. Dylan is never far from my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members