CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but I disagree. If leaving your 13 year old home while running errands is neglect, then that would mean I neglect my son. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Should he have made Dylan go with him? I mean seriously, here's a dad who is probably trying to repair his relationship with his son who probably hears nothing but negative things from his mother and brother about his dad. He may have had these appointments set when he thought Dylan would be there earlier. If he wasn't in town a lot due to work, then he probably had a limited amount of time to do these kinds of things. MOO

Dylan didnt have to hear negative things about his fahter from Mom or brother he witnessed first hand what dad was like. I agree that Dad was trying to repair his relationship with his son but i also believe he needed to do some repairs on himself first! I dont think this was in any way done to get back at mom nor in any way premeditated but I do think he got angry and lost his temper and bad things happend.
All JMO

When you really think about it, a man and woman with a missing son would come together to help find the son..We dont see that here....

I'm glad they reposted the detailed timeline and clarified a lot of details on facebook this morning.

There was never a bitter custody dispute with dad, the phone isn't and was never equipped with GPS and besides it's also missing, etc etc.

I don't know how to link to their multiple specific posts this morning, but here's the page one more time - https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine

I'm glad they reposted the detailed timeline and clarified a lot of details on facebook this morning.

There was never a bitter custody dispute with dad, the phone isn't and was never equipped with GPS and besides it's also missing, etc etc.

I don't know how to link to their multiple specific posts this morning, but here's the page one more time - https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine

Who posted the timeline I have not had a chance to look?
LE?

Do we knw who is posting all these things?

Seems to me like someone is trying to do damage controll.

Ill go read!

Perhaps, but what are they doing to put pressure on MR? We've heard NOTHING that would indicate they are focusing on him only. As many people that believe he is responsible in the area in which he lives, you'd think something would come out that indicates he's the single focus of their investigation. MOO

Some LE just do not reveal anything to the public about who their suspect is, or even if they have one or not. Some of them run a very tight investigation and don't want any interference, while other LE like to involve the public as much as they can. It all depends on who is running the investigation, and whether they think it needs to be laid out for the public, and the case itself. Every missing person's case has differences, they're not all alike, nor can they all be handled the same way. <Mod Snip>

It happened to Jaycee Dugard. Philip Garrido lived 2 1/2 hrs away from where he took here.

Happened to Carly Brucia too. The man just walked up beside her on a busy street, took her arm and led her to his vehicle. Less than a minute, and she was gone, only to be found dead later.

It may be rare but it happens. Often enough that parents and teachers and cops try to teach stranger danger to every child in this country.

In my window it was posted about 27 minutes ago - it just mentioned not believing everything posted in media, and also clarified there wasn't a great custody dispute over Dylan. It says that ER had to file a motion to move Dylan away from the area, and that Mark disputed that motion, but the court approved it and Dylan was spending his allotted time with his father. It also says ER had no reason to be fearful of sending Dylan to see his father.

In a separate admin post they state that they have sadly removed today's lovely post from ER due to the angry comments between posters that followed. This was posted about an hour ago.

Interesting.

O/T Sorry but As I am just sitting around waiting for my baby to make her way in to the world, I appreciate any suggestions of books (particularly if it can be related to the type of cases we follow here on WS) to read so thank you to you and Schmae! I am off to find this book.

I also eagerly await news that Dylan is coming home...

Anyway, back to lurking now :seeya:

Songs for the Missing by Stewart O'Nan. Chronicles the year after a teenage girl goes missing and the effect on the family, primarily her younger sister. Excellent and fairly realistic.

O/T Sorry but As I am just sitting around waiting for my baby to make her way in to the world, I appreciate any suggestions of books (particularly if it can be related to the type of cases we follow here on WS) to read so thank you to you and Schmae! I am off to find this book.

I also eagerly await news that Dylan is coming home...

Anyway, back to lurking now :seeya:

I read the Amazon reviews on that book, and they seem mostly negative. Too bad, because I always enjoy great new books.

Two that I've reallly liked a lot lately are "Gone Girl" and "The Book Thief" Gone Girl is a mystery, but the book thief is just a beautiful book about a young German girl during Hitler's reign.

Some ideas take a lot of *ifs* to get to, (but strange things have been known to happen before) but no one is calling the people who have the ideas ridiculous.

We need to keep in mind that even though we may disagree, we're all here for the same reason; a 13 year old boy is missing and needs to be found. We are all united in hoping for a safe return, and, barring that, at least he should be found.

We all come from different walks of life and all have very different out looks and that affects how we look at things.

I think because there is so little info to go that we all sometimes get a little frustrated in here :)

MOO

I read the Amazon reviews on that book, and they seem mostly negative. Too bad, because I always enjoy great new books.

Two that I've reallly liked a lot lately are "Gone Girl" and "The Book Thief" Gone Girl is a mystery, but the book thief is just a beautiful book about a young German girl during Hitler's reign.

It is a negative book. It's highly depressing. But I do think as far as trying to imagine what a parent might go through in a case like DR's, it is a very interesting read. I don't know about amazon book reviews, but if you can get it for a buck or two, give it a try. :)

It is a negative book. It's highly depressing. But I do think as far as trying to imagine what a parent might go through in a case like DR's, it is a very interesting read. I don't know about amazon book reviews, but if you can get it for a buck or two, give it a try. :)

Well, O'Nan is a meticulous writer and the story is pretty bleak. We did it in book club with mixed results. After most of the wildly fantastical kid is missing kid comes home ten years later type novels, I appreciated O'Nan's much different ending. Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl) is good but I prefer her earlier novels. In fact, while waiting for baby #2, I was rushing to finish Flynn's 'Sharp Objects'. Way good and creepy.

Feels like my hope is diminishing as days go by. Will this be another cold case :banghead: Could they still be waiting on forensics? Sigh.......

Feels like my hope is diminishing as days go by. Will this be another cold case :banghead: Could they still be waiting on forensics? Sigh.......

I really, really hope they are just waiting on a few last results or something because I can't stand thinking this case could go cold. Dylan was cruelly ripped away from a mother and big brother that clearly cherished him. It is time for him to be found and the evil person responsible for taking him needs to answer for his crimes.

Well I hope they're not waiting on a confession. 'Cause that's not happening. (imo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member