CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't recall if this has been a topic of discussion before, but per weatherunderground it rained in Bayfield Nov 10th, just 8 days prior to Dylan's arrival. And living in a rural area, vehicles tend to get dirtier than in the city, especially if MR was driving long distances.

But in viewing video of MR's vehicles being towed they appeared squeaky clean/shiny.

just wondering if he washed his vehicle/s after Dylan disappeared and before they were impounded or ?
How is rain eight days before Dylan went missing going to mean that MR washed he's vehicle after the fact? By saying rural area do you mean driving on dirt roads and that would contribute to getting his vehicle dirty? Do you have a link to this video? I'd like to see how "squeaky clean/shiny" it appeared.

How is rain eight days before Dylan went missing going to mean that MR washed he's vehicle after the fact? By saying rural area do you mean driving on dirt roads and that would contribute to getting his vehicle dirty? Do you have a link to this video? I'd like to see how "squeaky clean/shiny" it appeared.

Also, all the roads from Vallecito to Durango are paved IIRC.

And rain usually makes cars dirty. You know the old expression about how it always rains after you get your car washed. If rain made cars clean, every car in Seattle would be sparkling :)

Also, all the roads from Vallecito to Durango are paved IIRC.

And rain usually makes cars dirty. You know the old expression about how it always rains after you get your car washed. If rain made cars clean, every car in Seattle would be sparkling :)

I agree. I'm just trying to figure out the timing of the rain to when the car got washed. How do you know when someone gets around to doing it?

Some posters were commenting on the great plans in place in the US to find missing children earlier; and yet very often LE does not conduct a thorough search of the last place the child was said to be for a week or longer. This, I will never understand, even more so with young children. There is no reason, except of course for money, not to do this while a physical search is being arranged. And if not done at once, the point is basically lost. iMO

I agree. I'm just trying to figure out the timing of the rain to when the car got washed. How do you know when someone gets around to doing it?

I see a lot of people doing it after it rains. Here in Seattle, if we get a sun spell during our "winter", the car washes are packed.

Some posters were commenting on the great plans in place in the US to find missing children earlier; and yet very often LE does not conduct a thorough search of the last place the child was said to be for a week or longer. This, I will never understand, even more so with young children. There is no reason, except of course for money, not to do this while a physical search is being arranged. And if not done at once, the point is basically lost. iMO

This cannot be stressed enough.

Yes, it's going to be a waste of time, money and resources 99% of the time, but if it saves the lives of precious children and/or catches those who would do them harm (even if after the fact) then it seems worth it to me.

We cannot assume these children are runaways...we have to assume the worse, and thank God when it's not.

I think it's important to consider that Dylan may have simply fallen asleep to account for him being done texting on Sunday evening. He'd been up till 4am that morning, then spent hours travelling. It makes sense he'd fall asleep.

Since the police say he was last seen 7:30am Monday (per NAMUS), I don't feel a need to account for the lack of texts Sunday night. I am concerned that he didn't text R Monday morning, but not overly so, because R wasn't concerned, and because I'm picking up this theme from people who know Dylan and his reported actions (not texting first etc) that he's a free spirit.

My concern is that he wasn't home at 11:30am and wasn't with any of the friends. That narrows my 'time of concern' to sometime between maybe 8:30am and 11am. 11am because if he was hitchhiking at that time, Mark probably would have seen him on the road to the house as he drove home.

The person who claims to have seen him on Monday morning at 7:30 AM is MR.

The only person who claims to have seen him on Monday morning at 7:30 AM is MR.

IMO That's as you would expect when he had arrived in the evening and spent the night with his own father. Who else would have seen him overnight?

LE is basing time last seen solely on the word of MR at this point, as far as we know. They have to give some timeframe out. But they also asked for witnesses for Sunday night. So we do not know if they believe him and are waiting to see what can be proved.

Also, LE has given Dylan's total lack of communication as a primary reason for naming this case a crime. That tells me was active on his phone, social media, etc. IMO. I do feel that his not being in touch with anyone after Sunday night is important and i do believe his mother when she said the phone was not used after 8pm. I in no way believe he would have gone without making contact, or leaving a note, unless he was angry at his father perhaps, AND his phone was broken.

If we ever find out what happened and the phone is not meaningful, fine. Until then, I believe it is.

Yes, and the police believe him. See Dylan's NAMUS entry.

Even assuming police actually believe him, have they found Dylan yet? When they do, I will believe they actually know something.

Yes, and the police believe him. See Dylan's NAMUS entry.

We can't infer that they believe him from that. We can infer that they are reporting what was reported to them. (as right now they can't prove it either way)

Nobody else, clearly.

Maybe I should have asked who anyone else would expect to be able to verify that Dylan was there overnight. Spending the first night in town at home with dad is such a normal sounding event, I just can't think of anyone else who could be handily available to confirm it as fact. IMO most of us wouldn't think we had to check in with some 3rd party just in case we needed an alibi later.

I saw a change in what police were saying. First, and for several weeks, they said for example in the initial posters that Dylan was reported as being missing from home that Monday, and last seen publicly Sunday night. Then they searched Mark's house. Then they started saying for example on the most recent Crimestoppers posters and on NAMUS that Dylan was last seen Monday morning, went missing from his home Monday morning.

I'm going with what the police are saying. It's the best information I have right now. I respect everyone else's right to go with whatever works best for them.

We can't infer that they believe him from that. We can infer that they are reporting what was reported to them. (as right now they can't prove it either way)

Well of course we can. We can each do this whatever way works best for us.

I saw a change in what police were saying. First, and for several weeks, they said for example in the initial posters that Dylan was reported as being missing from home that Monday, and last seen publicly Sunday night. Then they searched Mark's house. Then they started saying for example on the most recent Crimestoppers posters and on NAMUS that Dylan was last seen Monday morning, went missing from his home Monday morning.

I'm going with what the police are saying. It's the best information I have right now. I respect everyone else's right to go with whatever works best for them.

Considering the police seem to have made about zero amount of progress in this case so far, the best information amounts to about zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313