CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the police seem to have made about zero amount of progress in this case so far, the best information amounts to about zero.

Yes, it's just about zero. We have very little information.

Last week I was looking through the FBI site where they have all the unsolved cases. It's shocking and sad that there are so many cases they've had for years where they have a sketch of a perpetrator, or a vehicle description, or even for some actual photographs - some very very clear straight on from the front - of perpetrators, and yet they can't find the perps, and they can't solve the cases, and they can't help the children who are being abused and exploited. And the FBI and all the agencies they have listed on there are our very best.

And if all those cases are unsolved, there are many more where they just have nothing, or very little, and nothing to tell them who the perp is or even what he might look like.

So if the police in Dylan's case have no picture from a store video of a vehicle or person, no description of a person they do a sketch from, no finger prints or DNA or anything else, then what can they do? It must be very hard for them, because I'm sure they want to solve this, and bring Dylan home. Most of them are people just like us with families and kids of their own.

Considering the police seem to have made about zero amount of progress in this case so far, the best information amounts to about zero.

Only they know if they've made any progress or not. I'm not going to throw them under the bus just because they're not willing to tell me what they're doing or what they know. I might feel differently if I was a member of the family, but I'm not.

I was poking around on the Durango PD site earlier (following the info given about the lead investigator as listed on the NAMUS pages for Dylan - thanks for the link TheCheese). Anyhow I was shocked at the number of RSOs listed for the general area, and yes I know they are just the ones we know about - the total number is potentially many more. I am skeptical about how they were all cleared so promptly - IMO there could also be a large pool of unknown offenders lurking in the area.

And yes it would be incredibly bad luck for such an offender to be driving by at just the right time to spot Dylan and offer him a ride - but that is just how these things happen. It's never good luck, it's the worst kind. Jessica Ridgeway was close to home at a busy time of the day for people getting to work/school - yet IIRC nobody reported seeing her at all once she left her own home, let alone saw her being scooped up by a monster. Her case is so fresh in my memory due to following it on WS, I'm surprised that the idea of Dylan getting into a car with someone who meant him harm has been discounted so readily.
:moo:

The thing with Jessica, IMO, is that she was walking to an elementary school, exactly a place where predators will wait and watch for children. So her being taken in that way fits a kind of sick profile, for me. Of course he would wait until no one was around.

Dylan, iMO, was not to be expected to be out and about as easy prey for anyone, if in fact he ever did leave the house. So that adds a layer of coincidence for me.

I am skeptical about how they were all cleared so promptly - IMO there could also be a large pool of unknown offenders lurking in the area. < respectfully snipped>

We (the public) can't even get "cleared " for them- only that they all have
"alibis". And there are 3 absconded. Don't even want to think about the ones from close counties.

The thing with Jessica, IMO, is that she was walking to an elementary school, exactly a place where predators will wait and watch for children. So her being taken in that way fits a kind of sick profile, for me. Of course he would wait until no one was around.

Dylan, iMO, was not to be expected to be out and about as easy prey for anyone, if in fact he ever did leave the house. So that adds a layer of coincidence for me.

And everyone knew and agreed that Jessica had left home and was walking to meet her friend.

But we do not know for sure if Dylan ever willingly left his house that morning, and if so, what time or where he was headed.

And everyone knew and agreed that Jessica had left home and was walking to meet her friend.

But we do not know for sure if Dylan ever willingly left his house that morning, and if so, what time or where he was headed.

In the beginning, not everybody agreed that she had left home. I can remember quite a few veiled, and some not so veiled, accusations in that case too.

In the beginning, not everybody agreed that she had left home. I can remember quite a few veiled, and some not so veiled, accusations in that case too.

She called her little friend to say she was on her way to meet him. That was in the morning when it was time for her to leave for school. She was up and dressed and ready to go, and in her own home with her mom and grandma. So I don't think there was a massive amount of suspicion that she was killed by her family on her way out of the door. NONE of the things that make some suspicious of MR were present in Jessica's case, imo.

ETA; and I admit that I was suspicious AT FIRST until I heard that she had called her friend that morning, and that someone had reported seeing her on the street leaving her home.

So do I - IIRC their was a lot of discussion about mum in particular, and I don't recall that it was terribly veiled. Did she or didn't she see JR leave the house? Why didn't she answer her phone? Who deliberately leaves their phone downstairs? Why was JR walking to school alone anyway? Then after the family interview, the "hinky meters" went right into overdrive and her every word was pulled apart and analysed.

Back on topic anyway ...
I think it's a shame that because MR isn't able to prove what is IMO the unprovable, other very viable options may not receive the attention they could be due. It would be a great experiment to just leave MR out of the equation for a little while even, and see what else we can come up with. I know other ideas have been hashed out by some, but usually with some qualifying or negating comment involving MR tacked onto the end.

So somebody might have wrongly suspected some person in some other case-and that means, what, exactly? Nothing.
Should I start pointing out cases where somebody was rightly suspected? That would also mean nothing.
Each case is unique.

So somebody might have wrongly suspected some person in some other case-and that means, what, exactly? Nothing.
Should I start pointing out cases where somebody was rightly suspected? That would also mean nothing.
Each case is unique.

Posters reference other cases here all the time. I mentioned this one because it is very recent, in the same state, and involved a child being taken off the street without witnesses, and by a previously unknown offender - all of which have been discounted as being highly unlikely in Dylan's case IMO.

Q for the locals - what is this? It's up "Middle Mountain Road" from Vallecito:

http://binged.it/Uv2rav

I'm about as far from a local as you could get, but I meant to put in my two cents worth about this pic pages back.
It looks like an area used by people with 4WDs/all terrain vehicles/quad bikes might tear around to let off a bit of steam. There seem to be some eroded/worn down jumps off centre. At first I though of trail bikes, but then noticed the tracks all seem to be worn down in a 4 wheel pattern.
Not that I think it's related, but I have some vague recollection of someone quoted as being critical of MR for allowing Dylan to ride on some recreational vehicle unsupervised. Does anyone else remember that?

Back on topic anyway ...
I think it's a shame that because MR isn't able to prove what is IMO the unprovable, other very viable options may not receive the attention they could be due. It would be a great experiment to just leave MR out of the equation for a little while even, and see what else we can come up with. I know other ideas have been hashed out by some, but usually with some qualifying or negating comment involving MR tacked onto the end.

I like this idea...........throwing out MR and looking at facts....the facts to me show something happened to this boy that he could not communicate with his friends, etc. Even if you throw out that maybe he fell asleep early that night, I just don't believe he would not communicate with his friend when he texted him early that morning wondering where he was at. Just too much does not add up. What happened to his phone? Why didn't he communicate with anyone? If you tell me no internet or home phone was available, I might have a small tiny piece of me that would support the next day disappearance theory. If this is the case, please tell me so.

Ryan : (time 6:43 p.m. Nov. 18) Im in pagosa coming
Dylan Redwine: Cant come srry ill hang tommarow
Ryan: Ok
Ryan: (time 7:09 p.m. Nov. 18) Why
Dylan: idk
Ryan: (time 7:45 p.m. Nov. 18) Did your dad say no
Dylan: (time 8:01 p.m. Nov. 18) yea

If Dylan was constantly on his cell phone texting, he wouldn't have taken 16 minutes to respond. ER was exaggerating a little.

I don't think she was exaggerating at all, after all she is the one who monitors his usage and all we're seeing is one conversation with one person. Kids often have multiple conversations going on at once.

I don't think she was exaggerating at all, after all she is the one who monitors his usage and all we're seeing is one conversation with one person. Kids often have multiple conversations going on at once.

MR did say that Dylan was texting his friends about making arrangements for the next day BEFORE they left Durango to head home. Perhaps from 7:45 to 8:01 they were inside Walmart?

Ryan : (time 6:43 p.m. Nov. 18) Im in pagosa coming
Dylan Redwine: Cant come srry ill hang tommarow
Ryan: Ok
Ryan: (time 7:09 p.m. Nov. 18) Why
Dylan: idk
Ryan: (time 7:45 p.m. Nov. 18) Did your dad say no
Dylan: (time 8:01 p.m. Nov. 18) yea

If Dylan was constantly on his cell phone texting, he wouldn't have taken 16 minutes to respond. ER was exaggerating a little.

Maybe that 16 min is when they were inside walmart or mcds.

I wonder why they would even mention this unless it means something. Or they want someone to think it means something.

Idk...maybe they'll elaborate more in news reports this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member