CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall, the reason for not letting him go visit a friend was that it was too late to go.

Quite right! Dropping that boy off at 8 pm and letting him spend the night is just not acceptable behavior. It is much better to wake that boy up early and drop him off at 6:30 am before doing the 'errands'. :waitasec:

Blue = sarcasm, right? Saw that in another thread. lol

ETA: Sarcasm directed at MR, not you jjenny!

Quite right! Dropping that boy off at 8 pm and letting him spend the night is just not acceptable behavior. It is much better to wake that boy up early and drop him off at 6:30 am before doing the 'errands'. :waitasec:

Blue = sarcasm, right? Saw that in another thread. lol

ETA: Sarcasm directed at MR, not you jjenny!

The way I personally perceived it was MR told Dylan it was too late. Dylan then asks if he can go the following day. MR says that's fine, but he has errands to run and could take him afterwards. Dylan asks if he can go before the errands, and MR says he'd have to get up really early if he wanted to go before (maybe deterring him from really wanting to go that early). Dylan checks with R and that's how the early morning plans are made. As quoted above, I don't feel it was MR's idea to take him early the next morning. JMO

Maybe this will help:

BBM
None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent was available in the first days of the investigation. But the family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend.

“We have the clothes,” Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later.”

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702/-1/News01/Frustration-mounting--

It is my understanding that because Dylan had all of his clothing/everything with him when he disappeared, there was nothing that could carry his scent in the first days of the investigation. Furthermore, apparently the couch, pillow, blanket he reportedly slept on/used were not candidates for scenting for whatever reason. I believe there was also a statement in MSM that there were some articles of clothing left behind; however, apparently these, too, were not good candidates for scent.

I seem to remember reading somewhere, and will try to find a link, that MH was asked to bring some of Dylan's clothes to Vallecito, which seems to coincide with Bender stating that "we have the clothes". They had to have been clothes from his Colorado City home since Dylan had everything with him and it was stated they didn't have anything available for scent.

As far as the search, in the last thread I posted some links/information about the initial search of MR's home where they stated it wasn't a very thorough one - there were just looking to see if he was there and for his cellphone, and then some days later they re-searched MR's home with a warrant and did a more thorough search (i.e. took vehicles, Nerf football, sweatpants, etc.).

I have seen nothing in MSM about any search of ER/MH's home in CS. I would love to know if they did do that! If anyone knows, please share!

I want to disagree just a bit here. My impression was that there were items at MR's house. The problem was that the scent could not be verified as Dylan's. The problem arose, to my way of thinking, because there are no witnesses that saw MR and Dylan come home Sunday night. There was no way to PROVE that Dylan was actually in MR's house. So, the scent items that LE did have, were not reliable. They needed something that they could positively identify as Dylan's. So ER brought some things from home - where it could be proven that Dylan lived and had actually touched stuff.

LE had the same question many of us here have, "did Dylan actually make it to MR's house Sunday night?" Without a witness or some other evidence to prove he was there, any items of "Dylan's" were open for suspicion. LE needed to work past that to ensure the dogs were on the right track.

Hope that makes sense. I think it is important, because to me, it says that at that time, LE was not able to positively confirm that Dylan was at MR's house Sunday night.

Now that they have some forensics back, maybe they have answered this question. I sure wish they would tell us, because it makes a huge difference to the timeline and the possible events of that evening.

Salem

I still check in here often. So very sad still no Dylan and no information. Well that we are aware of :please:

I want to disagree just a bit here. My impression was that there were items at MR's house. The problem was that the scent could not be verified as Dylan's. The problem arose, to my way of thinking, because there are no witnesses that saw MR and Dylan come home Sunday night. There was no way to PROVE that Dylan was actually in MR's house. So, the scent items that LE did have, were not reliable. They needed something that they could positively identify as Dylan's. So ER brought some things from home - where it could be proven that Dylan lived and had actually touched stuff.

LE had the same question many of us here have, "did Dylan actually make it to MR's house Sunday night?" Without a witness or some other evidence to prove he was there, any items of "Dylan's" were open for suspicion. LE needed to work past that to ensure the dogs were on the right track.

Hope that makes sense. I think it is important, because to me, it says that at that time, LE was not able to positively confirm that Dylan was at MR's house Sunday night.

Now that they have some forensics back, maybe they have answered this question. I sure wish they would tell us, because it makes a huge difference to the timeline and the possible events of that evening.

Salem
bbm: yes there were posts by Sarx that explain this (re: what items the scent dogs would need to best work in those conditions)

Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet, what do you mean? This article didn't address the scent item issue or any searches of the Monument home (although why search in Monument when he went missing from Vallecito). Wasn't she just talking about how hard it is to see Dylan's socks sitting in his bedroom and breaking into tears over seeing his little socks?

That's the way I took it to mean, too, DylansMom. I would imagine that would be hard for any mom of a missing child.

Originally Posted by MrsPC
here's the list of texts

At 5:40 p.m., Dylan tells his friend that his plane has landed, and Ryan asks him how the flight went.

“Weired my head went numb from all the vibrations,” Dylan replies.

Soon after, they begin making arrangements to see each other. The texts, provided by Ryan, are unedited.

<modsnip>

http://www.durangoherald.com/article...s01&source=RSS

Dylan was in Vallecito for a court-ordered Thanksgiving visit with his father, Mark Redwine, Bender said. Mark Redwine and Dylan&#8217;s mother, Elaine Redwine, divorced in 2007.

Ryan Nava, 13, a friend of Dylan&#8217;s said in a phone interview Saturday that Dylan was originally going to Bayfield to visit his friends Sunday night but then changed that to meet them at 6:30 a.m. Monday.

Ryan said he and his friends expected Dylan&#8217;s father to drive him into town from Vallecito, but Dylan never arrived.

Mark Redwine showed up later asking where Dylan was but the three friends didn&#8217;t know.

Ryan said he texted and called Dylan&#8217;s phone all day but didn&#8217;t get replies.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121124/NEWS01/121129756/Mystery-lingers-over-missing-teen

Last night I read where some posters were reviewing the case from the beginning. What has always bothered me was the change in plans of Dylan not being taken to his friend's house the evening he arrived.

However, I have never read anywhere why MR had changed the pre-planned arrangement of taking Dylan to his friend's house. Maybe I missed it, anyone? Has MR ever mentioned why he changed the plans? I might has missed it. I can see where Dylan would have been upset with the change, what young boy wouldn't have, most young children would rather be with their friends than..... Also it makes me wonder if MR had had 'certain plans'! jmo

I don't think I could accept and excuse of it is out of the way. Or that MR was overly anxious to spend time with Dylan, he had many days later to enjoy Dylan's company. Anyone who knows kids, knows how important their friends are to them. One usually imo would want to please their guest, and especially MR once being re-unitied with a son, knowing he would have many more days to be with Dylan. jmo Dylan stated, idk Originally Posted by MrsPC
here's the list of texts

I don't think those were agreed plans between Dylan and his dad, just Dylan and friends' plans. Or it may be that Dylan just wanted to get a jump start on seeing his friends and asked to be dropped off that night, but Mark didn't want to do that. Maybe he just wanted a little time with his son before he took off to visit friends, since he was only going to be there a few days. But my thinking is, he could have been blindsided with these 'plans' of Dylan's, that he had not previously agreed to.
I could be wrong, but that's how I understood it, anyway.

Salem

I agree. It's just common sense that they would need clothes or shoes that had ONLY Dylan's scent, not items that could have other people's scent, or things that would have been freshly laundered before packing. The clothing that was said to have been left on the couch, Dylan may have pulled them out looking for something... the cell phone charger, maybe. I would think Mark would have been able to tell if they were the same clothes he was wearing the evening he arrived, or also whether he took a shower and changed clothes.

As for being able to prove he was there, how on earth are they going to compare the scent on the clothes brought from home, to whatever might have had his scent on it from his dad's? Dogs can't talk, so how would they alert the handler that one scent, from the clothes his mother brought, is identical to another scent, say the blanket and pillows at Dad's house? Can the forensics lab do that? I really don't know, I guess we will find out someday, hopefully.

I dont think Friends were in Dads plans that week. JMO

And it was my understanding that Dylan wasn't going to spend the night at his friend's house, but just visit. The plane coming in an hour late changed those plans. And as TxLady said, we don't know if those plans were between Dylan and R, or if Mark was even consulted.

Since the plane was an hour late, Mark said it was too late to visit. And then considering we know now that R wasn't even home but spending the night at his Nandos, it was not planned for Dylan to spend Sunday night at R's. JMO

And it was my understanding that Dylan wasn't going to spend the night at his friend's house, but just visit. The plane coming in an hour late changed those plans. And as TxLady said, we don't know if those plans were between Dylan and R, or if Mark was even consulted.

Since the plane was an hour late, Mark said it was too late to visit. And then considering we know now that R wasn't even home but spending the night at his Nandos, it was not planned for Dylan to spend Sunday night at R's. JMO

What did you base this understanding on? MR never said either way, but I presume it would only make sense if Dylan went to visit his friend in the evening, he would stay overnight.

Didn't Dylan tell his friend concerning the change of plans idk? I don't buy the too late.

He then responded that his father told him no. He probably didn't want to explain the reasons to his friend, since his father was there.
MR is the one who claims he told Dylan it was "too late" to go visit a friend.

"Dylan had asked his father whether he could go to his friends' that evening after they had shopped at Walmart and eaten at a McDonald's in Durango and before the 45-minute drive to Mark's home north of Vallecito Lake. Mark said he told his son it was too late. So Dylan texted friends in Bayfield, his father said, and made arrangements to meet them the next morning."

Read more: With Dylan Redwine missing for almost two weeks, dad clings to hope - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder#ixzz2ISXdneCo
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

He then responded that his father told him no. He probably didn't want to explain the reasons to his friend, since his father was there.
MR is the one who claims he told Dylan it was "too late" to go visit a friend.

"Dylan had asked his father whether he could go to his friends' that evening after they had shopped at Walmart and eaten at a McDonald's in Durango and before the 45-minute drive to Mark's home north of Vallecito Lake. Mark said he told his son it was too late. So Dylan texted friends in Bayfield, his father said, and made arrangements to meet them the next morning."

Read more: With Dylan Redwine missing for almost two weeks, dad clings to hope - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder#ixzz2ISXdneCo
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

BBM Would that mean McDonald's or Walmart's parking lot then? If so why not just say that??? ETA (It makes me wonder if that was a grilling point with LE for some reason) That's awful quick to be done shopping & eating between 6:43 & 7:09. It would also put them getting to the house at 7:28 to 7:54.

Ryan Nava: (time 6:43 p.m. Nov. 18) Im in pagosa coming

Dylan Redwine: Cant come srry ill hang tommarow

Ryan: Ok

Ryan: (time 7:09 p.m. Nov. 18) Why

R was spending the night at his Grandma's on Sunday night. On Monday he sent a text to Dylan saying 'come to nando's'. I think nando is a friend and short for Fernando.

What did you base this understanding on? MR never said either way, but I presume it would only make sense if Dylan went to visit his friend in the evening, he would stay overnight.

Right..in fact I thought Dylan was supposed to spend Mon and Tues with the friend and come back home on Wednesday and on Wed MR and DR had plans with MR's brother and then would spend Thursday / Thanksgiving at the house alone. Why would I think this ?

And no, there is no way I can find a link for this so I hope I didn't imagine it. Just to be safe, does anyone remember this ?

Right..in fact I thought Dylan was supposed to spend Mon and Tues with the friend and come back home on Wednesday and on Wed MR and DR had plans with MR's brother and then would spend Thursday / Thanksgiving at the house alone. Why would I think this ?

And no, there is no way I can find a link for this so I hope I didn't imagine it. Just to be safe, does anyone remember this ?

I think that was said by MR in the interview where he is in the video store. I know that he said that, but I am not sure which interview it was.

I do remember MR saying Dylan and he discussed him spending a few days with the friends. It is my understanding that MR's brother lived several hours away and MR said they were possibly going to drive to his house for Thanksgiving. I don't remember anything about them spending time with the brother on Wednesday. This is based on my memory which to be honest is not always reliable :)

Early on in this case I assumed that Dylan was suppose to spend the night at R's house that night. When I was asked by a mod to link it, I discovered there was no such thing, that there never was a plan for Dylan to stay the night that night, just to go visit, then go home with his father. I also noticed at that time there was never any plans for Dylan to stay the night anywhere, just to spend the days with his friends around Thanksgiving with his father.

The next day, while his father ran an errand, he disappeared after setting off to meet friends in the secluded vacation spot high in the mountains near Durango.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Colorado-authorities-search-fathers-home.html

Why was this reported? The article seems to be unbiased, and was written 10 days after Dylan's disappearance. Did any photos/videos of the route to MR's house handed in to the police following their request show something telling?

Could be an error, but I know that we sometimes read truths about cases in our country that are printed in foreign news articles .... truths that have been temporarily suppressed in our own country for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member