CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A text is a text. There is IM's and facebook messaging etc but those are not texts. Of course there could be in error in that statement.

Could it have meant text.. as in he communicated through "text", as opposed to "verbally"? Do we know they for sure meant text message such as on a cell phone?

I don't mean to be disrespectful at all, just throwing out my thoughts as they come.

If it was not sent through the actual phone it will not show up on the cell phone records. Definitely not if sent through your providers website. I know because I've done it. I used to do it a lot when I was on the computer and too lazy to get up and go get my phone :) Plus I had limited text messaging and I could send and receive them there for free.

So maybe even though Elaine viewed the cell phone records, she may have been unaware that this message was ever sent from his phone number?? (if it was).

Hey all,
If Dylan is at McDonald's at 7:22 in Durango and his last outgoing communication on his "cell" was at 8:00 pm ish (according to his mom) and the drive from Durango to Vallecito is about 50 minutes - then he isn't home when he stops texting his friend - he is still in the car. Did he ever even get to the house? What bridges are about 38 minutes from the Mc Donalds enroute to Vallecito?

But LE doesn't specifically say cell communication. They specifically state electronic communication. That could be something besides the cell phone.

I also know you can log on to a computer and there are sites that will allow you to send a "text" message to someone. You would simply enter a cell number (Dylan's) and it appears to the receiver as a text. It is identified as being from the website, but as we see, LE isn't showing us the text if there is one, so it is a possibility.

You are correct, I use to do that when my kids would text. It was pretty funny because they thought I knew how to text and all the while I was doing it from a computer.

Dylan has friends other than R, both in Bayfield and Monument. They've been in news articles, videos, talked about on facebook, etc. One of them is most probable to me, but of course, Dylan knows many other people as well.

And you would hope they shared anything received from Dylan after his arrival in La Plata County.

Dylan has friends other than R, both in Bayfield and Monument. They've been in news articles, videos, talked about on facebook, etc. One of them is most probable to me, but of course, Dylan knows many other people as well.

So then why has nobody else ever said that Dylan sent a message to them ?

Dylan's friend have been active in the search and so IMO if Dylan had sent a message then it would of been revealed by now . After all R has spoken out and you would assume R's friends would also be Dylan's and it would of come up in conversation that Dylan had sent a message to one of them that evening MOo

He could have had it detailed Monday on his errand run!

He definitely would have had time. I sincerely hope if anyone in the area saw Mark getting his truck detailed on Monday morning/afternoon they would have spoken up to LE!

ETA: Well, he probably would have had time... Not only do I think LE verified MR's errands on Monday morning (I think they did say the errands were verified).. they probably also verified the timeline of such errands. For example, hopefully they would know if there were 30 or more minutes unaccounted for during this errand run.

Could it have meant text.. as in he communicated through "text", as opposed to "verbally"? Do we know they for sure meant text message such as on a cell phone?

I don't mean to be disrespectful at all, just throwing out my thoughts as they come.

A text can be sent using a computer and an ipod also. Not just the cell phone.

LPCSO investigators and agents from the FBI met recently to develop strategies and review results of tests of evidence by CBI. Additional interviews are also being conducted locally and outside the area. In several cases, law enforcement agencies not connected to the Task Force have assisted in searches and interviews in Colorado and other states.

This is also part of the News Release from La Plata Co. Sheriff Office

BBM

And you would hope they shared anything received from Dylan after his arrival in La Plata County.

With the police, yes, of course I hope so. I even think so. Of course, the police know who Dylan sent the message to even if the person didn't go to them.

If you mean the media, no. As long as people tell the police what they know, I'm happy.

Geez, you all are fast! I had to read 120 pages just to catch up and now I gotta go pretend to work again.

Interesting choice of words from LE and I think that was intended.

Dylan's friend have been active in the search and so IMO if Dylan had sent a message then it would of been revealed by now . After all R has spoken out and you would assume R's friends would also be Dylan's and it would of come up in conversation that Dylan had sent a message to one of them that evening MOo

Probably because he didnt!

A text can be sent using a computer and an ipod also. Not just the cell phone.

I think this is why it is worded this way:

Dylan’s last electronic device communication (texting)

As I stated a few pages back - it let's someone know that they (LE) are aware of this....

Don't you think they would have said, the last text Dylan sent from his phone was at.....if it was his phone

LE can play games TOO!!

I don't assume everyone rushes to the media to report every little thing they know about a case, particular if it involves a child witness.

Maybe I'm wrong, and everyone who knows anything does rush to the media. I just don't know.

I think this is why it is worded this way:

Dylan’s last electronic device communication (texting)

As I stated a few pages back - it let's someone know that they (LE) are aware of this....

Don't you think they would have said, the last text Dylan sent from his phone was at.....if it was his phone

LE can play games TOO!!

Yes, since they have mentioned communication to/from the cell phone specifically in the past I also believe that this choice of words was intentional. If they meant from his cell phone, I think they would have said cell phone.

With the police, yes, of course I hope so. I even think so. Of course, the police know who Dylan sent the message to even if the person didn't go to them.

If you mean the media, no. As long as people tell the police what they know, I'm happy.

Oh, yes....I also meant LE only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member