CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even think Phil, or Oprah, etc. would bring parents of missing kids onto their shows, unless there was drama and tension between family members, or suspicion on one or more of the parents.

I also have doubts about the usefulness, but I guess you have to try everything you can. I doubt very much that Dylan is anyplace where he could be seen by the public, whether alive or otherwise. As a teenage boy, vs. a child or perhaps even a girl, I doubt very much a kidnapper would risk taking him out and about.

More likely, it will just be more drama, IMO.

I would like ER to be able to ask MR the questions she has for him and to have him held accountable for answering them.

I'm late to the game here as I've had personal issues to attend to, but I just read MR's transcript. I hate to drag out the statement analysis stuff again, but what struck me most about the interview was the EXTRA information. The statements of what he did, and then the *because* - the why of it - explaining why he did every little thing. The statement analysis people see that as a red flag b/c people restating facts that are true don't feel the need to explain, justify, etc. It's people who are creating stories who need to give background to convince others that it's plausible, b/c it doesn't sound plausible to the person saying it.
When he started all that explaining it was around the movie Sunday night. He was pacing the floor. and all these umms, you knows, and all these explanations of what and why. That's a timeframe that needs to be clarified more.

The other thing was, when MB asked MR if he felt guilt, he said something like - especially when I think of him lying on the couch and I didn't try harder to wake him. That hit me b.c all along it's been a bit chilling to me when I hear how DR was "out like a light" on the couch in the AM. and that's the part MR feels guilt about. I just don't think DR was simply asleep on the couch that morning.

I think there's a lot in that interview to take note of, and thanks to whomever transcribed it. This is just what struck me initially.

First of all, they both in their interviews did a lot of "uh, um, you know....stuff. And I take it that Mark is giving so much detail now because everyone has been pestering him forever about talking and giving details, so he's doing what everyone has been asking, what everyone was gathered outside his house with signs for. All that's been said for the past 2 months is "Mark's not talking, Mark isn't answering questions, Mark isn't telling us what we want to know, what about this, what about that, what about the other?" So now he gives the answers to the questions everyone has had and he's giving too much information, he's trying to justify stuff, that's a sign of guilt. WHAT??? I'm sorry, I don't get it. I just don't get it.

BTW cheese thanks for all the twitter posts. :) again on the iPhone or else I would send you a "you rock" emoticon! I can't figure twitter out at all.

When MB double checked on the text at 9:37 being sent from Dylan's phone, she got the info by email from Bender -

Sherry ‏@SherryGrondin
@DylanRedwine @MelissaBlasius @SherryGrondin WHO confirmed. Where can that confirmation be found? Media article? Press release? Where?

Melissa Blasius ‏@MelissaBlasius
@SherryGrondin LPCSO Spokesman Dan Bender. Again, do you have info to say otherwise?

Sherry ‏@SherryGrondin
@MelissaBlasius Bender told you? Do you have that on video? Why no press release from LE stating same?

@SherryGrondin Since Mark's and Elaine's stories differed about test times during my interviews, I emailed Bender when I returned to Denver.

@ClarystaInSun @kyleclark @9news It was sent from his phone #dylanredwine
BBM

JMHO... MB does not understand what is being asked about the text.:twocents: I don't believe that Bender told her the 9:37pm text was from cell phone in that email. As she was stating that the information was from the LE press release, and her email was to question differing test times. Keep reading the tweets...
(BTW good questions being asked to MB, I just don't think she really knows. IYKWIM)

Sherry ‏@SherryGrondin
@MelissaBlasius I believe ER has records and has stated no text msgs after 8pm. I am asking if text came from other form of communication

@SherryGrondin ER? Whose Electronic Record?

Sherry ‏@SherryGrondin
@MelissaBlasius Elaine Redwine. Not trying to argue with you, just seeking confirmation. Why do ER's records show otherwise?

@SherryGrondin Oh! ER=Elaine Redwine. When I talked to her after LE released the 9:37 p.m. timeline, she didn't seem to disagree.

Sherry ‏@SherryGrondin
@MelissaBlasius Very strange. That is why many think it was an ipod text. LE didn't get those records until late in the investigation.

@SherryGrondin Which begs the question... whom did the last text go to?

Happy Birthday Dylan. I so hoped you would be home by now.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sounds like Bender send her some message about electronic device. Ask her to post what Bender e-mailed her exactly, without paraphrasing.

I finally watched both interviews today. And what I got out of it was both agreed that Dylan wouldn't bother changing clothing and probably had on the same thing he was seen in in the airport video and the Wal Mart video.

I noticed that both think the other one has him and/or is hiding him. They both said the same thing about letting him go, releasing him and allowing him to come back to his family. God help Dylan if they are BOTH wrong. I guess it's easier for them to believe the other one took him then the alternative.

I thought both were sincere in what they said, both are hurting, in different ways, over the same incident. Mark had a lot more 'splainin to do since Dylan disappeared on his watch.

I felt so bad for both of them, they both seem to love their son very much and both think he's the greatest thing since Twinkies. I can't see either one of them harming him. IMO

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-details-dylan-redwines-last-known-activities

Sheriff releases details of Dylan Redwine's last known activities

Officials revealed Thursday that Dylan arrived at Durango-La Plata airport at 5:46 p.m. Nov. 18; at 7:05 p.m., he was seen at a Durango Walmart; at 7:22 p.m., he went to a Durango McDonald's; and his last text message was sent at 9:37 p.m. on Nov. 18. They hope the information will yield new information.

FDR referred to this article also on the twitter conversation.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-details-dylan-redwines-last-known-activities

Sheriff releases details of Dylan Redwine's last known activities

Officials revealed Thursday that Dylan arrived at Durango-La Plata airport at 5:46 p.m. Nov. 18; at 7:05 p.m., he was seen at a Durango Walmart; at 7:22 p.m., he went to a Durango McDonald's; and his last text message was sent at 9:37 p.m. on Nov. 18. They hope the information will yield new information.

FDR referred to this article also on the twitter conversation.

What we are trying to figure out is: which device was used to send the text message.

oh, that's what bugged me too. that seems like a pretty lackadaisical attitude to me coming from the parent of a missing child. offering respect to LE is one thing, and gratitude, but pushing them to try harder seems more the norm then sitting back and letting them do (or not do) what they should be doing.

MR is really laid back and nonchalant. he does not seem worried - about his son or about his guilt (if he has any). It's extremely odd. extremely odd. it's very confusing to me. He has to either know DR is safe, or know he's done something that no one will ever find out about.

oh - and the part about DR being there at MR's for such a short time. a week is not really that short. I guess if he spends 1/2 of it at friends' it's short. But 12 hours is certainly short. So only buying snacks to get through a day or two and not getting anything for T'day or the rest of the week is telling to me. I was worried that was the case and it does not bode well to me. b/c in the same breath he talks about how when you go to Durango, you make sure you get everything you need - you think about it - b.c you don't want to go back again the next day.

and the last thing: MR says he has absolutely every reason to believe DR was still wearing what he had on Sunday night. That's really quite certain.

BBM

I thought that was very odd. How can he be so sure? Dylan could have put anything on that morning. And if he was going to go and hitch an 18 mile ride, I'd think he'd wear long pants and a sweatshirt.

What makes me suspicious is his absolute certainty. Why is it so important to him to convince people of that?

If D is found wearing the same clothes he had on in the Wal Mart video, SOME of us might believe the incident happened Sunday night instead of Monday. I guess he wants to dispel that notion.

BBM

I thought that was very odd. How can he be so sure? Dylan could have put anything on that morning. And if he was going to go and hitch an 18 mile ride, I'd think he'd wear long pants and a sweatshirt.

What makes me suspicious is his absolute certainty. Why is it so important to him to convince people of that?

If D is found wearing the same clothes he had on in the Wal Mart video, SOME of us might believe the incident happened Sunday night instead of Monday. I guess he wants to dispel that notion.

But ER said the exact same thing about the cloths in her interview.

Trying to catch up but so many new pages just since yesterday! Did anyone have the link for the last interview. I can't find it on Google. tia

Would everyone please list the various discrepancies or concerns you have about MR, specifically between what he said during his first video and this last interview. Not anything "reported" in MSM, just a comparison between the two videos. TIA

If LE really released the bit about the last text in hopes of new information, that is depressing. Obviously the text itself was not much of a clue, IMO. But what new info could they hope to gain from the public, by releasing this? I can't figure it out. It just me wonder if this is the only new thing they have learned in 2.5 months.

First of all, they both in their interviews did a lot of "uh, um, you know....stuff. And I take it that Mark is giving so much detail now because everyone has been pestering him forever about talking and giving details, so he's doing what everyone has been asking, what everyone was gathered outside his house with signs for. All that's been said for the past 2 months is "Mark's not talking, Mark isn't answering questions, Mark isn't telling us what we want to know, what about this, what about that, what about the other?" So now he gives the answers to the questions everyone has had and he's giving too much information, he's trying to justify stuff, that's a sign of guilt. WHAT??? I'm sorry, I don't get it. I just don't get it.

In ALL of the early articles about Dylan's disappearance, it was reported that MR went out looking for Dylan after he found he was not home. And after searching for hours, he went and filed the Missing Person's report.

So it is a DIFFERENT story we hear now, not just added details, that he actually took a nap for a couple of hours, went to the first friends house, where nobody was home, before making the drive to Bayfield. JMO

Here is the press release regarding the 9:37pm text. It doesn't say cell phone, it just says "last electronic device communication." Which is why some of us wonder if it could have been from Dylan's IPOD.

BBM
Status Update
By Find Missing Dylan Redwine
News Release: Sheriff Office Continues Search for Dylan Redwine
Date: Thursday 1-24-12

La Plata County Sheriff’s Office and the Dylan Redwine Task Force is continuing its investigation into the disappearance of 13 year old Dylan Redwine. Dylan was reported missing by his father, Mark Redwine on November 19th, less than a day after arriving in La Plata County for a court ordered visitation.

LPCSO investigators from three different bureaus are following various tips that come in to the Task Force which consists of five local, state and federal law enforcement agencies . In the past few days, investigators have searched locations on snowshoes, under bridges, and other sites in three different areas in La Plata County and two other locations in Colorado.

LPCSO investigators and agents from the FBI met recently to develop strategies and review results of tests of evidence by CBI. Additional interviews are also being conducted locally and outside the area. In several cases, law enforcement agencies not connected to the Task Force have assisted in searches and interviews in Colorado and other states.

LPCSO Lt Ed Phippen, Task Force Leader said tips are promptly followed up on, regardless of reliability
including several from psychics and mediums. “We want to leave no stone unturned” he said.

An updated timeline for Dylan’s activities on Sunday November 18th has been released:

5:46PM Dylan arrived at Durango-La Plata airport.
7:05 PM Dylan at Durango Walmart
7:22 PM Dylan at Durango McDonalds
9:37PM Dylan’s last electronic device communication (texting)

The last person identified as having seen Dylan is his father, Mark Redwine.
Mr Redwine told investigators he saw Dylan at his Vallecito home early Monday morning, November 19th.

Rewards are offered for information related to Dylan’s whereabouts through Durango-La Plata Crime Stoppers
(970-247-1112), the FBI, and donations to a private fund. An updated Missing Person flyer was released a few days ago by Durango-La Plata Crime Stoppers. A copy is included in this news release as a separate attachment.
Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts is asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). There is a local tip line (970-382-7511) where tips can be left on an answering machine that is regularly checked by Investigators. Persons can call Durango-La Plata Crime Stoppers at 970-247-1112. Persons can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine

If LE really released the bit about the last text in hopes of new information, that is depressing. Obviously the text itself was not much of a clue, IMO. But what new info could they hope to gain from the public, by releasing this? I can't figure it out. It just me wonder if this is the only new thing they have learned in 2.5 months.

They appear to be stuck at this point, with no evidence of anything.
I have no idea why they released so little.

BBM

JMHO... MB does not understand what is being asked about the text.:twocents: I don't believe that Bender told her the 9:37pm text was from cell phone in that email. As she was stating that the information was from the LE press release, and her email was to question differing test times. Keep reading the tweets...
(BTW good questions being asked to MB, I just don't think she really knows. IYKWIM)

Sherry ‏@SherryGrondin
@MelissaBlasius I believe ER has records and has stated no text msgs after 8pm. I am asking if text came from other form of communication

@SherryGrondin ER? Whose Electronic Record?

Sherry ‏@SherryGrondin
@MelissaBlasius Elaine Redwine. Not trying to argue with you, just seeking confirmation. Why do ER's records show otherwise?

@SherryGrondin Oh! ER=Elaine Redwine. When I talked to her after LE released the 9:37 p.m. timeline, she didn't seem to disagree.

Sherry ‏@SherryGrondin
@MelissaBlasius Very strange. That is why many think it was an ipod text. LE didn't get those records until late in the investigation.

@SherryGrondin Which begs the question... whom did the last text go to?

C/BBM

she didn't seem to disagree.

well that's interesting

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics