CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question concerning Facebook, I've noticed there's two Facebook links out there, The one the mods said we could briefly speak of, and there's a second that certain Family members have been Frequently updating with their postings.

I'm not going to name the second Facebook link because of the Mods rules, it just seems the second Facebook link has actual Family members posting, and I've noticed they are not very favorable about the FDMR Facebook page.

I just wanted to throw this out there.

There are three pages. The FMDR is ran by Elaine's friend. The other with his name in it was started by a person not related to family. Family used to post on there but don't so much anymore for specific reasons. The third is where a lot of family members speak out at. With that being said the FMDR is going to be the best source of info as far as searches and such.

JMO, IMO, and whatever else. :)

But would that really achieve anything? Surely whatever happened to Dylan happened within very small radius of his dad's house and/or the route to his friend's house - seeing as they are the 2 theories LE are going with. Anyone who potentially saw anything or has information regarding his disappearance will already know Dylan's name and face, due to the local publicity. As being a runaway has been ruled out, surely LE are saying that this case remains local?

Just my opinion, but I don't think that any publicity will change a thing in this case. Except maybe some good audience figures for Dr Phil, but that shouldn't really be a factor.
Here are some things it can achieve:
It can get to the truth of some matters. Dr. Phil may ask questions that the interviewers did not think of, and it might help jog MR's or someone else's memory about something.
It shows the entire Dr. Phil audience what Dylan looks like, so if anyone shows up in their area that looks like him, they can call the tip line (Shawn Hornbeck and Ben Ownsby-look them up on this site if you don't know).
Dr. Phil can often have a polygraph done on his show, if the participants are willing.
It can help everyone involved put grievances aside so they can all work together to get Dylan home, instead of being in different camps.

In addition, it brings what happened into other homes, so that they can learn from this and maybe not have a repeat elsewhere. Yes, go TALK with your teenagers and set up some rules so you know when you have to worry and where to go looking if they don't show up.

Because MR mentioned that it could also have been a video or game. Dylan's phone wasn't capable of video. That, and the iPod touch looks exactly like a smartphone.
Fair point. I didn't see where they said it was an iTouch. But there are some phones that are not "Smartphones" that can play games, FWIW.

I watched Dr Phil today, just to get an idea what his show was like...egads the peeps that were on there today

as far as the Redwines...hoping that maybe he can do some sort of the mediation thing

and, if Dylan was abducted, and out of the area...it gets his pic out there

Let's say hypothetically, Dylan was kidnapped by a stranger. Dylan was killed back on 11/19...but the stranger is from Phoenix. Someone watching the show who lives in the Phoenix area remembers their neighbor acting strangely around that date. Yeah, it's pretty far-fetched...but who knows? I don't think you would have to go that far from where Dylan went missing to find people who don't know about the case. Or maybe someone was in the area visiting family that week, but is from another state, so they weren't around for the local coverage.

The thing I keep thinking about is it was Thanksgiving week. Doesn't pretty much everyone act "unusual" that week? Strange times coming/going, not at work, traveling/aren't home even when they normally are, unfamiliar cars and people around, etc. Or if someone's hosting a big dinner, someone might see them shopping at stores they don't normally shop at, cleaning more than usual, stressed out... It just seems like all of that stuff might stand out any other time but would be normal that week.

The thing I keep thinking about is it was Thanksgiving week. Doesn't pretty much everyone act "unusual" that week? Strange times coming/going, not at work, traveling/aren't home even when they normally are, unfamiliar cars and people around, etc. Or if someone's hosting a big dinner, someone might see them shopping at stores they don't normally shop at, cleaning more than usual, stressed out... It just seems like all of that stuff might stand out any other time but would be normal that week.

Sorry to quote myself. :) Just trying to think of various possibilities. I guess it could be a benefit that it's a holiday week too. If someone was acting nervous and jittery and was normally friendly and social, or bailed out last minute or acted odd at Thanksgiving dinner, something like that, the holiday might help people remember the timing.

I wonder if those that truly dislike Dr Phil and think he's only going to promote drama, is only doing it for ratings etc are going to watch the show?

I would think the simple answer is just don't watch the show.

Those things might, but what about cousin Jerry who normally arrives on Thanksgiving but showed up two days early because he was traveling through Colorado on his way to Arizona from Utah? Yeah, that's a stretch, but you take what you can get when you've exhausted everything else you can think of.

Trouble is, his parents have so much dirty laundry, it could end up deflecting attention away from Dylan.

I know what you mean. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I have a fear that they might barely even show his picture on the show if they get all caught up in the dirty laundry. Not saying the family would do that, but they could be steered in that direction.

I hope that MR/ER/CR all hold photos of him in case the show producers don't feature his picture enough. Preferably different photos so people can see how he looks in different outfits/situations/etc. Or better yet they could insist on a few very large (like poster sized) photos, to be displayed behind them throughout the show.

And who knows...maybe the Hispanic male will watch the show and come forward! Maybe he knows nothing about Dylan.

Here are some things it can achieve:

<respectfully snipped for space - I think your post will still be on the same page :) >

I agree these are all really great goals. I sure hope that is in fact the direction the show takes.

I seriously doubt it. You have Elaine, Cory and B all on one side, and MR on the other. Add to that, the possibility of a video interview with MH if he doesn't actually show up, and you have a free for all. I do not see how the focus is going to be on Dylan. Sure, the specifics of Dylan's disappearance will be presented, but that should take about 5 minutes. The whole rest of the show is going to be the "Let's beat up on Mark Redwine" Segment. That's how I see it going down. If I am wrong, I will be back to say you guys were right. But I doubt very seriously that I'll have to do that. I see the writing on the wall and it's not going to find Dylan. No way, no how. IMO.

And who knows...maybe the Hispanic male will watch the show and come forward! Maybe he knows nothing about Dylan.
Maybe not, if he is working and/or looking for rental places :waitasec: But maybe someone he knows will see it and mention it. After all, all I know about Dr. Phil I read on the internet because I don't have any kind of cable or satellite TV.

I just wanted to add real quick, I know it sounds like I'm anti Dr. Phil or think them appearing is a bad idea. I have seen him do some very helpful shows too, and I don't think it's a bad idea as long as it goes well and stays focused on Dylan. I definitely have my fears, but I won't really know how I feel about it until it airs and I see how it's done.

Because MR mentioned that it could also have been a video or game. Dylan's phone wasn't capable of video. That, and the iPod touch looks exactly like a smartphone.

That assumes MR is completely aware of all the capabilities of Dylan's cell phone.

For SARX or anyone: Press release from La Plata LE (only place La Plata LE will release a press release is: Pine River Times)

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1092
11/26/2012 By: Times staff report

Here is Monday night's release from the La Plata County Sheriff's office: A two-day search of Vallecito Lake ended late Monday afternoon after extensive sonar sweeps found nothing.
The search was part of an eight-day effort to locate 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, who has been missing since Monday Nov. 19.

Two La Plata County Search & Rescue K-9&#8217;s alerted in an area on the south end of the lake Saturday and again on Sunday. Seven scuba divers from the New Mexico State Police Search & Recovery Team
searched the south end of the lake Sunday afternoon without finding anything suspicious. Visibility under water was 7 to 9 feet. Water temperature was 38 degrees. On Monday three different boats, including one with New Mexico State Police divers on board, used four different sonar systems to scan the bottom of the south end of the lake from shore to shore, along the length of the dam and several hundred yards out into the lake from the dam. After seven hours of sonar grid searches, nothing out of the ordinary was found. Due to a complete clearing of the area of the dogs, as well as the surrounding area, no further searches of the lake bottom are planned unless new information is developed.

BBM; UBM

Here's info about my NM state police dive team (FWIW) and the helicopters from NM that aided in the search:
http://www.nmsp.dps.state.nm.us/index.php/search-dive-team-cont/

I know what you mean. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I have a fear that they might barely even show his picture on the show if they get all caught up in the dirty laundry. Not saying the family would do that, but they could be steered in that direction.

I hope that MR/ER/CR all hold photos of him in case the show producers don't feature his picture enough. Preferably different photos so people can see how he looks in different outfits/situations/etc. Or better yet they could insist on a few very large (like poster sized) photos, to be displayed behind them throughout the show.

I don't see why they wouldn't show his picture---many times. It has been said that one of the biggest things that "sells" a missing child case is picture/videos of the victim.

If a body is put in at one part of the lake, say the middle for example, and the current took the body to another part of the lake would there be a "trail" for the dogs to follow or would they just hit where the body ends up?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member