CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of guys out there who don't give a second thought about what to have for dinner or where to go or what to do on Thanksgiving. Whether they are a single Dad or not. I don't know why this is, just that it is so. It is certainly not how I would ever handle Thanksgiving or any other holiday, especially if loved ones were coming over. But I just watched my brother who is a teacher with a Master's Degree from GWU do it to his kids. Needless to say, the kids weren't happy about it, but somehow they knew it would be that way. My sister offered to provide a Thanksgiving meal from Wegmann's but he declined. The term "narcissist" probably fits him. Another term that comes to mind is "passive agressive" and ultimately, just plain old bitter about his divorce. He has *wonderful* children, they are children that any parents would be so proud of -- but why can't my brother create a positive environment for them when they come to visit?

Re: people overusing the phrase "you know" -- I once had a dear friend who said it all the time -- she was originally from Tennessee -- very smart lady, but "you know" must have been part of her vernacular.

There are plenty of guys out there who don't give a second thought about what to have for dinner or where to go or what to do on Thanksgiving. Whether they are a single Dad or not. I don't know why this is, just that it is so. It is certainly not how I would ever handle Thanksgiving or any other holiday, especially if loved ones were coming over. But I just watched my brother who is a teacher with a Master's Degree from GWU do it to his kids. Needless to say, the kids weren't happy about it, but somehow they knew it would be that way. My sister offered to provide a Thanksgiving meal from Wegmann's but he declined. The term "narcissist" probably fits him. Another term that comes to mind is "passive agressive" and ultimately, just plain old bitter about his divorce. He has *wonderful* children, they are children that any parents would be so proud of -- but why can't my brother create a positive environment for them when they come to visit?

Re: people overusing the phrase "you know" -- I once had a dear friend who said it all the time -- she was originally from Tennessee -- very smart lady, but "you know" must have been part of her vernacular.

If that was the ONLY problem surrounding Dylan's disappearance, I do believe more folks would be forgiving and understanding. Unfortunately, it is not.

Since Dylan's flight was cancelled on Saturday, why not shop and have snacks ready for when he arrived on Sunday or called and talked about Thanksgiving plans?

I don't understand why MR didn't ask Dylan what snacks he wanted before he came. Were they texting in the weeks before the visit? I have a 13 year old boy and I know teens don't talk on the phone as much as they text.
That's another question: how much communication was there between the two of them when Dylan was not visiting MR?

It would make sense to text during the week before the visit to make plans for what they were going to do and to plan food in the house. BTW, 13 year old boys consume a lot of food!!!

I have also thought about the fact that Dylan did not want to go to a restaurant and sit down to a meal with MR. Did they go through the Mickey D drive-thru because Dylan did not want to go inside and sit with MR to eat?

It seems that Dylan was avoiding spending time with Dad and wanted to get away to his friends as soon as he could. Not just because he wanted to spend time with his friends, but to avoid being with Dad.
This must have been hurtful for MR.

IMO MOO

Has the house ever been searched and if so when and by whom? TIA.

Yes. TEN DAYS after the disappearance, LE got a warrant and did a very thorough search. They impounded his two trucks as well. And they took some electronics and a few items.

But nothing came of it apparently. Dylan had been there in September, so I don't think they can tell when he was there last.

ETA: They also did a cursory walk through on the day he went missing. But it was very limited, just to do a visual check that he was not there and to look for his cell.

He lost child support from ER on sept 21 when she got primary custody.

How do we know this? I think I missed this part of the discussion. Is there a link somewhere?

Thanks,

Salem

Salem,
It was asked and responded to by AZG. See below.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8873952&postcount=426"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #36[/ame]

Yes. TEN DAYS after the disappearance, LE got a warrant and did a very thorough search. They impounded his two trucks as well. And they took some electronics and a few items.

But nothing came of it apparently. Dylan had been there in September, so I don't think they can tell when he was there last.

ETA: They also did a cursory walk through on the day he went missing. But it was very limited, just to do a visual check that he was not there and to look for his cell.

So, it is possible that they took dogs in to the house, and may have even checked the vehicles and it was just never made public then?

If that was the ONLY problem surrounding Dylan's disappearance, I do believe more folks would be forgiving and understanding. Unfortunately, it is not.

And it's not just the lack of plans. It's been stated Dylan wanted to be with his cancer-stricken grandma and that mom's side of the family had big plans for Thanksgiving. If Mark had none, seems it'd have been a good father move to switch visits with Elaine, or see Dyl for a few days, then take him to the Springs to see Gma. ESP since Mark mentioned maybe going to his brother's in Castle Rock, which is farther than the Springs, and the Springs is on the way. Could've spent a few days with Dylan, dropped him in the Springs for Thanksgiving Day, gone to his brother's, picked Dylan back up on the way back to Vallecito, or just had a shorter visit, considering the circumstances. IMO, it just goes to Cory's statement that Mark's been "nothing of a father". :(. Moo

AzG, have you heard anything about LE searching today or this weekend? An article was posted yesterday stating that was happening...? Thanks

There is also another one at about 3.9 miles.

I can only go by what is there, and there are 2 marina's.

But MR specifically pointed out the marina across from Tristans house, right? And that one is 5.9 miles away.

I love your signature, Seek&Find!

...if you’re not involved in this, then there’s something seriously wrong with you - Dr Phil to Mark Redwine

Has the house ever been searched and if so when and by whom? TIA.

I am wondering the same thing. Would the dogs be able to identify Dylan's scent or a HR scent if a smokey wood stove was used in the home? Also, how would this be affected if a person smoked heavily in the home? TIA
I cannot believe dogs were not used in the home to determine whether Dylan was ever there.
IMO MOO

So, it is possible that they took dogs in to the house, and may have even checked the vehicles and it was just never made public then?

Possible. No dogs were seen at the house, as far as we know, for that search.

Does anyone know when the lake typically thaws in Spring? It would still be frigid, but without an overhead obstruction (ice) it would be easier for divers to search.

I love your signature, Seek&Find!

...if you’re not involved in this, then there’s something seriously wrong with you - Dr Phil to Mark Redwine

Thanks! Thought it was a succinct statement and astute observation by Dr Phil that sums up what many of us sense, IMO.

And it's not just the lack of plans. It's been stated Dylan wanted to be with his cancer-stricken grandma and that mom's side of the family had big plans for Thanksgiving. If Mark had none, seems it'd have been a good father move to switch visits with Elaine, or see Dyl for a few days, then take him to the Springs to see Gma. ESP since Mark mentioned maybe going to his brother's in Castle Rock, which is farther than the Springs, and the Springs is on the way. Could've spent a few days with Dylan, dropped him in the Springs for Thanksgiving Day, gone to his brother's, picked Dylan back up on the way back to Vallecito, or just had a shorter visit, considering the circumstances. IMO, it just goes to Cory's statement that Mark's been "nothing of a father". :(. Moo

Exactly. He could have spent 4 days with Dylan. Then driven him to Springs and dropped him off for a visit for T-giving. Then he could have picked him up and they could have gone to his brothers i Castle Rock for a day or so, then dropped D home on his return trip. That way everyone would be satisfied.

There is nothing wrong with fighting for your kid to spend Thanksgiving with you. But at least have a turkey dinner planned somewhere if you win in court.

I am sure that one of D's friends in Bayfield would have extended an invitation knowing D was therre alone with his dad. They could have gone to R's grandmothers or something like that. But MR spoke as if it was just going to be him and his son, spending the holiday alone, because that is what D wanted. And I think that is delusional thinking on his part. JMO

I am wondering the same thing. Would the dogs be able to identify Dylan's scent or a HR scent if a smokey wood stove was used in the home? Also, how would this be affected if a person smoked heavily in the home? TIA
I cannot believe dogs were not used in the home to determine whether Dylan was ever there.
IMO MOO

Sure on both accounts. Things can make it more difficult, but dogs have an amazing ability to separate scents out and still find the one they are looking for. And now for my tag line.... "It depends on the training"

Does anyone know when the lake typically thaws in Spring? It would still be frigid, but without an overhead obstruction (ice) it would be easier for divers to search.
I know the 5 branches campground is set to open for the season May 17. I assume most of the ice would be gone by then, but I don't really know.

Good question. I'm guessing (hoping) they wait until spring. It's dangerous enough as is, while I understand wanting to find Dylan, I don't want the recovery teams but in higher danger than necessary, and the ice over definitely qualifies!

Sure on both accounts. Things can make it more difficult, but dogs have an amazing ability to separate scents out and still find the one they are looking for. And now for my tag line.... "It depends on the training"

Lol, that drives me crazy. I want them all to be trained the same, correct way. I want the dogs to find everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08