CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing this quote of Mark's in the past. Where did you get it from? I haven't seen the DR Phil show so I can't help you whether he said it again there.

Ranch I know you haven't watched it . Did you read the transcript though? That might be really useful . TXJAN put it up. I'm sure it's a long read !

“My fear is he’s out there somewhere, able to see what’s going on and he sees the conflict going on between his mom and I,” said Mark Redwine. “I think that’s a huge concern. But who knows what goes through a 13-year-old’s head?.”

Does any of you super sleuthing link lovers know where this quote is from? I think this is twice he's said' who knows what goes through a 13 yr old head' . I think he said it on dr phil .

He also said it very early in the case. I think when they were talking about him walking to T's house originally? It was a long walk, but Dylan was eager to see his friends, so who knows what goes through a 13 year old's head? Something like that.....

Hmmm...........

Salem

I know what you mean. And in this case I'm not sure that any kidnappings actually occurred. I think that the term was used to make a minor custody dispute look like a major crime. My point is that if a major crime like kidnapping did occurred, it's a shame that it wasn't prosecuted. MOO.

The first time there was a police report filed I think in 1990 but I am not sure what route was taken the last two times with Cory and Dylan.

Didn't Elaine say that Dylan took the move well and had made new friends and was even a hit with the girls?? I took that to mean he was a very sociable kid and could find his way in any new group. JMO.

I have a son who never met a stranger, everyone is just a friend he hasn't met yet. He's very sociable.

I would be surprised if Dylan suddenly overcame his shyness with a new group of people in a new town. I would think that any shyness would manifest itself in that kind of environment and not just disappear. Seems odd to me that he would exhibit that sociable type of behavior vs his previous shyness. MOO.

“He was sleeping on the couch, and I told him I had to go about my errands,” Mark Redwine said in a Sunday telephone interview. “He said, ‘OK, I understand.’ The focus for him was to go to his friend’s, but I live far back in the canyon. There’s a substantial distance between my house and the lake, so it doesn’t make sense that he would walk out, but he’s a 13-year-old boy, and who knows what they think sometimes?”

http://www.gazette.com/articles/dylan-148038-son-redwine.html

There has been some awareness in that act, but nothing like it needs to be. I've also seen a lot of women who pull that card and make false accusations...which serves to further cloud the process for people who need the services. In the county I recently worked, they shut down their DV shelters and the courts stopped giving out R/O's due to that alone. We requested State intervention. A lot of people call CPS to allege abuse and/or DV thinking we will remove the children and settle custody issues. We do not have that power, but you sometimes you can't fix stupid. It turned out that we couldn't even advocate for clients who had reason to obtain R/O's because the judge just wasn't buying it. :banghead:

This is such a shame all around. I will never understand people. BTW, thank you. I thought of getting into social services, but after having kids, I just don't think I could do it. We don't agree often here, but I do appreciate your thoughts on things.

Where does this come from? I never heard Cory say that. link?

It may also be in the parking lot thread when we were able to discuss things from (ironically enough) the DRN page when Cory was posting on there.

I would imagine that because Cory is not an attorney, he used the word "kidnapping" because that is how he FELT.
<modsnip> He TOOK his kids 3 times. The children said they were scared they would not see their mother again. How does that translate into anything reasonable?

Since Dylan was able to speak with the judge without parents and lawyers there, if he said he was scared of MR and didn't want to go, would the judge take that into consideration or just write it off as a disgruntled kid?

To tell you the truth, I never knew what went through a 13 year old's head. I don't think anyone does who is not 13 at the time. I don't think I knew what was going through my own head at 13 years old. JMO

I know that's right. My oldest will be 13 soon and he causes me lots of head scratching.

Ranch I know you haven't watched it . Did you read the transcript though? That might be really useful . TXJAN put it up. I'm sure it's a long read !

Nope. I haven't read the transcript yet.

I would be surprised if Dylan suddenly overcame his shyness with a new group of people in a new town. I would think that any shyness would manifest itself in that kind of environment and not just disappear. Seems odd to me that he would exhibit that sociable type of behavior vs his previous shyness. MOO.

That could depend on a lot of things. I finally started overcoming my shyness around the age of 14 at the same time that I moved from the city to a small town, which also coincided with the time I started drinking. :waitasec: Do you think they may be related? (No, I'm not suggesting that Dylan was drinking, just that things aren't always as clear cut as they appear.) MOO

That would depend on the environment. My kids are not sociable in the area we live, because of the type of people who live here. However, they go to school at a charter school 25 miles away and are very sociable there.

That could depend on a lot of things. I finally started overcoming my shyness around the age of 14 at the same time that I moved from the city to a small town, which also coincided with the time I started drinking. :waitasec: Do you think they may be related? (No, I'm not suggesting that Dylan was drinking, just that things aren't always as clear cut as they appear.) MOO

Point taken. I don't know what was going on in Dylan's mind when he moved or when he disappeared.

“He was sleeping on the couch, and I told him I had to go about my errands,” Mark Redwine said in a Sunday telephone interview. “He said, ‘OK, I understand.’ The focus for him was to go to his friend’s, but I live far back in the canyon. There’s a substantial distance between my house and the lake, so it doesn’t make sense that he would walk out, but he’s a 13-year-old boy, and who knows what they think sometimes

http://www.gazette.com/articles/dylan-148038-son-redwine.html

Thank you! I think I've read it one more place recently but my eyes are blurring reading all the transcripts while trying to watch The Mentalist, lol! If I see it again, I'll post it. :)

...Snipped...

Since Dylan was able to speak with the judge without parents and lawyers there, if he said he was scared of MR and didn't want to go, would the judge take that into consideration or just write it off as a disgruntled kid?

...Snipped here also....
Sorry to ask, especially since I haven't read the last 4 pages. Is there a link that says Dylan was able to speak with the judge without parents and lawyers? (just tell me to go look on another page if so)
TIA

To tell you the truth, I never knew what went through a 13 year old's head. I don't think anyone does who is not 13 at the time. I don't think I knew what was going through my own head at 13 years old. JMO

I see it differently. I always understood my daughter because I had the advantage. I knew what it was like to be 13, or 14, or whatever whereas she didn't. I've always thought it was the only real advantage a parent has. All MOO

Sorry to ask, especially since I haven't read the last 4 pages. Is there a link that says Dylan was able to speak with the judge without parents and lawyers? (just tell me to go look on another page if so)
TIA

Most of the recent child custody records sealed including statements made by Dylan made during a family court hearing in September. All of the documents also from a hearing in November – last one before Dylan’s disappearance are also sealed at this point.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/339/Missing-boys-family-had-violent-history

there was a lot of discussion over the weekend about exactly where the first cadaver dogs alerted -- as opposed to K-9 forensics recent hits.

Anyway, this video said there were 4 hits at the dam (with law enforcement dogs)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFIaiKt8NDo"]Dive team scours lake in hunt for missing Colo. boy - YouTube[/ame]

and here's a map that shows where the dam is located

http://www.coloradodirectory.com/maps/vallecitolake.html

Melissa Blasius:
I mean, obviously, well&#8230; I know that &#8230;there was some kind of hearing for your custody case and they talked to Dylan or Dylan said something but they won&#8217;t tell anybody what he said back in September, right?

Elaine Redwine:
The judge made it very clear when he spoke with Dylan one on one that he would not release those records. They were released to law enforcement but they won&#8217;t release them to anybody other than law enforcement.

From Melissa Blasius Interview w/ ER

I love my 13 year old. Though I don't know everything that is in her wonderful brain, I know a lot about what she thinks and feels. I know she is very compassionate and empathetic to the marginalized. I know she worries a lot about whether people like her or not and tries very hard to please others. I know deep things about her fears and dreams and I know silly things like how she can't burp. If she ever went missing I would be able to tell you who she was and what she was like. If she was missing and perhaps was being held by an abductor, I would not make comments that seemed to express my annoyance at her teenage ways, like being "adamant" about her snacks or "if she aint gotta get up, she ain't gonna get up". I wouldn't say she had me "wrapped around her finger" because that kinda sounds like she would be manipulative. I wouldn't reference the one argument or disagreement we may have had about whether or not to go to a sit down place for dinner. I wouldn't roll my eyes and seem annoyed, like "wink, wink" you all know what teenagers are like. It's not the time or the right context. I would say how amazing she is. This goes for my son , too who is 11 and still sleeps with a Build a Bear and is so funny he makes us all laugh at the dinner table until we squirt milk out of our noises. If either one of them went missing I would never in a million years make any kind of statement that expressed annoyance with them.

Most of the recent child custody records sealed including statements made by Dylan made during a family court hearing in September. All of the documents also from a hearing in November &#8211; last one before Dylan&#8217;s disappearance are also sealed at this point.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/339/Missing-boys-family-had-violent-history
Thank you very much, but I didn't see or hear anything about Dylan speaking to a judge without parents or lawyers. Did I miss it? Just say yes if so, and I will try harder.

Most of the recent child custody records sealed including statements made by Dylan made during a family court hearing in September. All of the documents also from a hearing in November – last one before Dylan’s disappearance are also sealed at this point.

Melissa Blasius:
I mean, obviously, well… I know that …there was some kind of hearing for your custody case and they talked to Dylan or Dylan said something but they won’t tell anybody what he said back in September, right?

Elaine Redwine:
The judge made it very clear when he spoke with Dylan one on one that he would not release those records. They were released to law enforcement but they won’t release them to anybody other than law enforcement.

From Melissa Blasius Interview w/ ER

Thank you!!

Thank you very much, but I didn't see or hear anything about Dylan speaking to a judge without parents or lawyers. Did I miss it? Just say yes if so, and I will try harder.

See my post 118 - the only other thing stated by ER to MB about one on one w/ judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC