CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still do not believe for one second when Dylan was so eager to see Rthat Monday morning that he then decided to go off fishing by himself.

He wanted to spend time with his friends and yet he took his pole and went off by himself when he had plans with friends ?!

:cow:

I agree!

When do you think he took the phone away?
Dylan stiil had possesion of the phone while he was in Walmart at 7:05 because he texted Ryan at 8:01 p.m saying yea.

I think right at 8 pm time. I think dad got PO'd took the phone and possibly tossed it.

This is a statement from Dylan's friend. I have always wondered if this area was checked. I'm uncertain if Pine River flows into or out of the reservoir.

Dylan's friend also indicates the boys used their bikes.

During the summer, Dylan and his friends would pile three or four to a bicycle and cruise down to the Pine River, said Wesley Herring, who has known Dylan since elementary school.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/0/NEWS03/A-boy’s-life

The Pine River flows into Vallecito Reservoir on the east side and flows OUT of the reservoir below the dam. The Pine continues to flow onwards towards the west side of the city of Bayfield (where DR lived about 8 miles from that town). The Pine continues to flow into New Mexico.

The reason Vallecito lake would make sense is IF MR did do something to Dylan and wanted to make it look like an accident he could then indicate that Dylan took the fishing pole and might have tried to go fishing in this lake and/or Dylan might have tried to make it to his friend T's which is right by the marina at this lake (which is 5.9 miles away). The accident scenario would be that Dylan fell in the lake and drowned. Of course that would mean a body would be in this lake. That remains to be seen.

I think if what I stated above turns out to be true (a body is found in this lake) then the fishing pole and mentioning of T were an afterthought. (after the body was disposed of) And if this turns out to be true, than I will not be surprised to find out the 9:37 text was also to T and something like 'hey you want to go fishing tomorrow?'

ALL MOO

Don't forget about the bridge MR mentioned during the DP show. Would this bridge be over a river that empties into the reservoir? Note that when MR was talking about the "Bridge he was known to hang out at" ER was shaking her head "no", seeming to indicate he did not "hang out" there. This was right before she brought up that it was Mid-November.

PS - I noticed a comment a few pages back that stated the LE was no longer interested in the lake at all? That seems to clearly contradict everything we've heard about why they haven't been able to clear the lake at this point - altitude & temps prohibiting diving, frozen water, the dogs apparently indicating on something in the lake, and continued occasional sightings of LEOs, helicopters or planes circling the reservoir, drilling holes into the ice, etc...

I also noticed some interesting commentary on how things get so switched around on the DP show, and don't understand why people keep pulling random quotes out without keeping them in context. In fact, I wonder if the transcript about the meeting between DP and JT, and MR after he was "cleaned up" is entirely accurate as some of MR's words seem to be missing. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much confusion on the whole statement vs. question issue, or the mother and father issue... All MOO!! :cow:

PPS - please know that I GREATLY appreciate whomever is responsible for transcribing the show. I know how tedious that work is. I don't mean to be critical of anything someone did out of the kindness of their heart and in an effort to help provide good information!

Well as for the pic your right he never smiles but he still looks upset to me.

As for dylan being upset about not going to R's Id say yes but i have to say
Mark should have called him long before he got on that plane and asked him what hed like to do while there. He didnt and his son made his own plans.
That was not dylans fault that was his father fault...

I have to respectfully disagree. Children are taught from a very young age to ask permission from their parents. They are taught to ask before going outside to play when they are little and making plans with friends when they get older.

Hi all, just checking in before I catch up on the thread. I saw some comments about when/if MR noticed the fishing pole missing, where the fishing pole was, etc... I was wondering if anyone had already pulled the quotes from the DP show transcript where C indicated that the fishing pole was always in the garage, not in the house. And where C asked MR point-blank how he figured out the fishing pole was missing, before his bike, and the footprints. (This may be new information really - I don't remember Dylan's bike ever being discussed before, and people have mentioned the footprints)

Anyway, if someone has already hashed this part out, then I'm sure I'll find it somewhere among the 9 pages I have to catch up on! lol If not, then I will post what I'm collecting together for myself from the available DP transcripts. I am also going to be re-watching the show yet again because I've yet to figure out in what portion I remember seeing MR pointing and saying something about the marina, but I haven't found that anywhere in the transcripts - at least not as I remember it, but I could be confused, or combining two parts that stuck out to me.

Off to catch up on the thread, but will check back to the end page in a bit to see if I have any reply. :)

TIA
BBM
I wonder how Cory could know for sure that the only place the fishing pole would be located is the garage. If he lived there with Mark I could see it but since he doesn't, how would he know for sure where it was stored?

BBM
I wonder how Cory could know for sure that the only place the fishing pole would be located is the garage. If he lived there with Mark I could see it but since he doesn't, how would he know for sure where it was stored?

He would of visit Mark at some period i would of thought?

Mark did not seem to me like he was very good at making theories.It seem like he was more interested in drawing attention away from himself being a suspect but was not doing a very good job at it.

Bridge (Road) ... very close to MR house. Road goes over Vallecito Creek

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Bridge+road,+Vallecito&hl=en&ll=37.467714,-107.549259&spn=0.002308,0.003889&sll=37.445051,-107.552826&sspn=0.009234,0.015557&geocode=FdRhOwIdR-WW-SmNlqU1yJs-hzEIrlFtewXL5w&t=h&mra=ls&z=18"]Vallecito Creek Rd, Bayfield, CO 81122 - Google Maps[/ame]

Mark did not seem to me like he was very good at making theories.It seem like he was more interested in drawing attention away from himself being a suspect but was not doing a very good job at it.

I agree as he keeps stating that Dylan's friend were important to Dylan and yet we have Dylan sleeping in, Dylan never contacting any friends Monday morning to explain away he slept in and would come as soon as Dad came home and we have a random fishing pole missing which indicates Dylan went fishing without contacting any friends .

The story has more holes in it than a tennis racket :cow:

What do you think happened after that?

I think dylan got reall mad and said I want out im going to call mom and have her come get me MR tosses the phone dylan opens the door to get out but the truck is still moving MR stops dylan gets out MR throws the back pack at him
Dylan says something to him MR gets mad and thats that there is nothing in the truck nothing in the house Dylan is just gone and I think it happend on that ride home.

I never thought dylan made it to the house!

sitting on the fence thinking stuff:) Is it possible that MR has a problem with alcohol, that might contribute to him having blackouts?

I shall not bore you with my ex's shenanigans during such.

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh27-2/186-196.htm

snipped-

Large quantities of alcohol, particularly if consumed rapidly, can produce a blackout, an interval of time for which the intoxicated person cannot recall key details of events, or even entire events. En bloc blackouts are stretches of time for which the person has no memory whatsoever. Fragmentary blackouts are episodes for which the drinker’s memory is spotty, with “islands” of memory providing some insight into what transpired, and for which more recall usually is possible if the drinker is cued by others. Blackouts are much more common among social drinkers than previously assumed and should be viewed as a potential consequence of acute intoxication regardless of age or whether one is clinically dependent upon alcohol.

Thank you ! I've thought about this theory a lot. MR may really have no clue where DR is. If he blacked out on Sunday , woke up on Monday morning at 6, looked for DR , then I think he might lie about that. He may have dropped him off somewhere or harmed him or done nothing except go to sleep with DR on the couch. He may have made up the story to CYA and assumed Dylan would be home that night and now all this time's gone by and he still can't remember. IDK what type of person would hold on to a secret like that for 3 months considering he's being accused of MUCH worse now , but it is possible.

ETA OT but I believe this is what happened in the baby Lisa case !

He would of visit Mark at some period i would of thought?

This is where it gets confusing to me. There has been constant insistence that even though MR lived in that house for 5 years Dylan didn't spend any time there. The fact that the mail lady knew of Dylan and that Dylan had places he would go play and hang out around there contradict this. I would like to know how much time over 5 years Dylan was there. I would think enough time to maybe meet some people in the area.

So, if ER and CR are insistent that Dylan didn't spend any time there, then when did Cory last spend time there? How long had it been since he was last at that house? How would he know where a fishing pole was last left?

AZG, can you confirm whether D went to Mark's in August 2012 to see Red Sox as indicated above, AND ALSO went for a 2nd visit to see his dad in Sept. 2012 for Labor Day (which I believe was 9-2-12) or did the Labor Day visit INCLUDE a trip to see Red Sox????

I want to edit the visit timeline above if these were 2 separate visits. Thanks

I wish I could, but I don't know either way. Sorry.

I have to respectfully disagree. Children are taught from a very young age to ask permission from their parents. They are taught to ask before going outside to play when they are little and making plans with friends when they get older.

Not always.When I grew up I never really aked permission, it was more like,"Mom,I'm going here, or I am going there".The only time I would ask permission was when I wanted to be excused from the table or if I needed money to go somewhere.

The Walmart pics to me look like just a normal person walking around Walmart.I really can't see any anger in his face,not to say he didn't have any.Maybe Dylan told his dad that he was going to go look at something.
Was there any proof of them both being at McDonalds?

LE confirmed Dylan was at McDonald's -

Deputies have released an update timeline about Dylan’s activities on Sunday, November 18:

5:46 p.m. Dylan arrived at Durango-La Plata airport.
7:05 p.m. Dylan at Durango Walmart
7:22 p.m. Dylan at Durango McDonalds
9:37 p.m. Dylan’s last electronic device communication (texting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop