CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...I used to fish a lot too and our lines would always get caught up. I can't remember one time where someone's line didn't break or have to be cut and redone. It's just silly to go fishing without extra line and tools to make a new line. Plus lures or bait. I never did my own line although I could have probably figured it out. It was easier to have whomever I was with do it :) You need more than a fishing pole to fish. IMO

I agree with this as I grew up a fisherperson too. You would not go fishing without at least a small tackle box.

This is where it gets confusing to me. There has been constant insistence that even though MR lived in that house for 5 years Dylan didn't spend any time there. The fact that the mail lady knew of Dylan and that Dylan had places he would go play and hang out around there contradict this. I would like to know how much time over 5 years Dylan was there. I would think enough time to maybe meet some people in the area.

So, if ER and CR are insistent that Dylan didn't spend any time there, then when did Cory last spend time there? How long had it been since he was last at that house? How would he know where a fishing pole was last left?

Dylan's older brother, Cory, said he went on many trips to see his dad. "We never had any reason to think something would go wrong," he said.

It's very hard for me to figure out what the relationship really was between MR and Cory, and MR and Dylan - how much time they really spent together, how much or little Cory and Dylan liked spending time with MR, how close they each were or weren't with MR, etc.

This is all so bizarre. Just as there is no sign of anything happening to Dylan inside the house, there is no sign of him ever leaving(or perhaps even arriving at) it.

In a way, this case differs from all of the others. In the other cases where the children are still missing, other people were known to be in the houses, or in Kyron's case, school, where the child seemingly vanished from.

This seems to be the only case where it was only the one adult and one child allegedly present. So no one to corroborate, even though in some cases (Ayla comes to mind) many believe they are covering up, rather than giving an alibi.

I don't have a point, really. Just a thing that stands out about this case. Not even another child to say, yes he/she was there, as in Haleigh C. or Hailey D.'s or even Baby Lisa's cases.

It was reported that the lake was searched because of the broken fishing pole found there -

A few days ago, there was a spark of hope after part of a fishing pole was found on a dam, prompting a two-day search of the area that turned up empty.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=8903347

I've always wondered who found that broken fishing pole and reported it to LE. It's my opinion that LE was told it was Dylan's pole. Somewhere in there IMO lies the story of how LE came to search the lake, and why they seem uninterested in searching it further. I don't think it has to do with MR.

All just my opinion. :twocents:

Well that's interesting. I don't know that I ever read that statement before. So SOMEONE found part of a fishing pole and reported it to LE? Who is that someone I wonder? And why wouldn't LE confirm that it was Dylan's before spending 2 days searching?

Do you think Dylan would have tried to recover the phone or do you think too much time had passed from when Mark tossed the phone and Dylan got out of the car?

I think he would try to recover the phone.

The PHONE is a kids lifeline to their universe.

Well that's interesting. I don't know that I ever read that statement before. So SOMEONE found part of a fishing pole and reported it to LE? Who is that someone I wonder? And why wouldn't LE confirm that it was Dylan's before spending 2 days searching?

Is there a link about someone contacting LE about the pole? I always figured LE came across it, for some reason, although I have no idea how they would have located its owner.

BBM no definitely not a fact or at least if they are it's never been reported that I know of. I actually haven't even seen it posted as a rumor on Facebook or anything. I think some sort of familiar relationship is a possibility, because I have a hard time thinking through how else she could be so sure the boy she saw was Dylan. I'm sure there are other possibilities though.

I tend to doubt a romantic type relationship between them, if for no other reason than I don't think it could've stayed 'hidden' this long.

A few posters commented that the mail lady whose video was shown on Dr. Phil looked a lot like the former girlfriend who actually appeared on stage. I did not see that much resemblance myself, especially around the eyes. But the mail lady was looking down and the camera was pointed slightly up, so IDK. But also, if they were the same woman, why wouldn't they have just questioned her about the sighting while she was there, instead of showing the videotape of her reading her statement? I don't think they are the same person, but that's how this all got started, someone saying they looked alike.
Maybe they're sisters. :what:

I think he would try to recover the phone.

The PHONE is a kids lifeline to their universe.

So, maybe the phone was broken,when he recovered it which is why LE never found it if they searched along that road.Was there not any buildings anywhere along the way where he could have called someone?Or did he get picked up before he had a chance to call someone?Do you think he was abducted?

...snip...
I am still gathering all of the quotes from the DP show about the fishing pole, but will post when I'm done.

Here are the results of putting all of the comments about the fishing pole made on the DP show in one place. Please note, I seem to be missing a portion of the first day in the transcript.

Quotes from the DP show WRT the “missing fishing pole”

DAY 1:

A. The following excerpted statement was made during the pre-recorded portion of the interview with MR at the beginning of the show on Tuesday:

“…When I got home, the TV was on and it was on one of the Nickelodeon channels that he’s always watching. I didn’t notice his backpack not being there.

There was a fishing pole at the house and it was Dylan’s fishing pole. That fishing pole was never found. I did lay down and take a nap for probably no more than an hour. …”

B. The following excerpt is from ER’s pre-recorded interview played following the interview above:

“…If Dylan was just going out to see his friends that day, he wouldn’t have taken all of his belongings. None of his belongings have been found.

Mark talks about his backpack and his fishing pole. Dylan is not a big fisherperson. He didn’t even know how to thread his own line. …”

Note - the transcript for Day 1 seems to be incomplete.

DAY 2:

The exchange between MR and CR after BH speaks/asks about the changing stories…

BH – MR’s first wife:
You said you went to T’s house and talked to him and he didn’t see Dylan. Your next story was that you went to T’s house and nobody was there, so …how could you talk to somebody that isn’t there…

MR:
To respond to that, if I may, I attempted to go to T’s house to talk to him but he didn’t answer the door. I assumed that possibly him and Dylan were at the lake. You know the fishing pole has never been found…I assumed that maybe that was a possibility. Do I know for a fact that he had a fishing pole? Absolutely not…

CR:
When you go into your house the fishing pole is in the garage. You didn’t walk through the garage and into the house before you went into the house...

MR:
There’s several places that that fishing pole is… it was either next to the TV

CR:
It’s always in the garage. Then how come that’s the first …you noticed that before his bike? Before his footprints?

MR:
Well, you sure know a lot, you sure…
CR: I’ve investigated it in my mind since this happened.

MR:
Well, boy, then why do we have legal enf… or law enforcement involved when we got you two…

CR:
Because they have to deal with people like you who won’t tell them the answers… who won’t cooperate…
So, those are the instances (at least according to the transcript available here at WS of the DP show where it discusses the fishing pole directly).

I know that they had a knock down drag out and restraining orders were filed against each other, later dropped. That's one time. I'm sure that over the years they got over that and put it behind them IMO. I haven't seen anything that indicates CR did not care for MR before DR went missing, afterwards yes, but before no. IMO

Is that the incident 9 News reported on? I hate to say it, but the yard sex incident?

So, maybe the phone was broken,when he recovered it which is why LE never found it if they searched along that road.Was there not any buildings anywhere along the way where he could have called someone?Or did he get picked up before he had a chance to call someone?Do you think he was abducted?

I dont think Dylan got the phone I think he wanted to go get it but was stopped.

Phone is probably in the lake!

No I do not think he was abducted!

MR as I see it is responsible!

JMO

Is there a link about someone contacting LE about the pole? I always figured LE came across it, for some reason, although I have no idea how they would have located its owner.

Sorry no. I just went to the link and it doesn't say who found the pole only that it prompted a 2 day search. I had always assumed LE found it also. I just don't know why they wouldn't verify that it was Dylan's BEFORE doing a 2 day search unless it was just a small piece of a pole or a reel maybe, but not enough to identify? But if that's the case, how did the owner that they found identify it? Somethings fishy with this me thinks.

Authorities, including the FBI and Colorado State Police, are using satellites to map neighborhoods and asking the public for any video footage that includes vehicles traveling on main routes between Durango and Vallecito Lake around the time Dylan went missing.

Little has been revealed about the results of the search. A few days ago, there was a spark of hope after part of a fishing pole was found on a dam, prompting a two-day search of the area that turned up empty.

Investigators determined the discovery had no connection to the case after they located the owner of the broken pole.

BBM
I wonder how Cory could know for sure that the only place the fishing pole would be located is the garage. If he lived there with Mark I could see it but since he doesn't, how would he know for sure where it was stored?

Cory stated that he has not had much to do with Mark for several years. Elaine said the same thing, so for someone who wants nothing to do with their father, Cory sure seems like he knows a lot about where things are kept and what Mark is doing... or not doing, these days.
And I don't mean that to be sarcastic at all... it's just an obvious fact.

Sorry no. I just went to the link and it doesn't say who found the pole only that it prompted a 2 day search. I had always assumed LE found it also. I just don't know why they wouldn't verify that it was Dylan's BEFORE doing a 2 day search unless it was just a small piece of a pole or a reel maybe, but not enough to identify? But if that's the case, how did the owner that they found identify it? Somethings fishy with this me thinks.

Authorities, including the FBI and Colorado State Police, are using satellites to map neighborhoods and asking the public for any video footage that includes vehicles traveling on main routes between Durango and Vallecito Lake around the time Dylan went missing.

Little has been revealed about the results of the search. A few days ago, there was a spark of hope after part of a fishing pole was found on a dam, prompting a two-day search of the area that turned up empty.

Investigators determined the discovery had no connection to the case after they located the owner of the broken pole.

Hate to quote myself but this is bugging me. How was it that the owner of the pole was able to identify it but MR couldn't tell if it was Dylans or not? I would think the first thing they would do if they found a pole was ask MR if it looked like the missing pole? Wouldn't they? Why bother with a 2 day search if MR would have said 'nope not the pole'. Hmmmm....

Maybe they had different people telling them different things. I don't know.

In any case, LE confirmed that it was not Dylan's rod a few days later. It's in that same link.

Dad would have had to tie Dylans hands up ,tape his mouth shut,and hold Dylan under the water till he drowned.But then there would be traces of duct tape on his mouth and signs of his hands being tied so it couldn't be ruled an accidental drowning.How could he drown him and make it look accidental?Then again,he could just be a stupid criminal and had never thought it through.

I think it is possible that he punched his son and accidentally hit him harder than he expected. If a big strong man punches a slight boy in the chest or the temple, it can kill him. In a case like that, he might just dispose of him in the lake. When found, it might be hard to determine if the injuries were from an accidental fall or from an attacker.

Hate to quote myself but this is bugging me. How was it that the owner of the pole was able to identify it but MR couldn't tell if it was Dylans or not? I would think the first thing they would do if they found a pole was ask MR if it looked like the missing pole? Wouldn't they? Why bother with a 2 day search if MR would have said 'nope not the pole'. Hmmmm....

Maybe MR did not want to admit that it was Dylans pole so they would keep searching around the lake instead of the actual place where Dylan was at?

I always just assumed that the person whose pole broke heard about the search and perhaps notified LE that they had broken a fishing pole there, and that's how they identified the owner.

Perhaps the owner still had the other part of the rod, and the part found on the dam was accidentally left behind, or had washed onto the dam, or another fisher-person had discovered the part that was broken and placed it on the dam so whoever it belonged to could find it if they came back to look for it (especially if it was a good reel which could be separated from the broken rod and be put on another rod).

Lots of possible scenarios, but most would seem to point to the owner coming forward to police, and not the other way around.

Just occurred to me the following -- unless of course, they pulled prints or even a partial print from the fishing pole and were able to identify it that way... definitely possible if it was sitting on top of the dry dam and not actually in the water.

I think it is possible that he punched his son and accidentally hit him harder than he expected. If a big strong man punches a slight boy in the chest or the temple, it can kill him. In a case like that, he might just dispose of him in the lake. When found, it might be hard to determine if the injuries were from an accidental fall or from an attacker.

Or hit their head along the side of the truck or a tree.

Maybe MR did not want to admit that it was Dylans pole so they would keep searching around the lake instead of the actual place where Dylan was at?

Cory would know if it was the pole!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members