CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always just assumed that the person whose pole broke heard about the search and perhaps notified LE that they had broken a fishing pole there, and that's how they identified the owner.

Perhaps the owner still had the other part of the rod, and the part found on the dam was accidentally left behind, or had washed onto the dam, or another fisher-person had discovered the part that was broken and placed it on the dam so whoever it belonged to could find it if they came back to look for it (especially if it was a good reel which could be separated from the broken rod and be put on another rod).

Lots of possible scenarios, but most would seem to point to the owner coming forward to police, and not the other way around.

Just occurred to me the following -- unless of course, they pulled prints or even a partial print from the fishing pole and were able to identify it that way... definitely possible if it was sitting on top of the dry dam and not actually in the water.

Why wouldn't LE verify with MR whether or not it was Dylan's before spending 2 days searching?

I think it is possible that he punched his son and accidentally hit him harder than he expected. If a big strong man punches a slight boy in the chest or the temple, it can kill him. In a case like that, he might just dispose of him in the lake. When found, it might be hard to determine if the injuries were from an accidental fall or from an attacker.

Thats why I thought it would be hard for him to make it look like a drowning.
I wonder how shallow the water was near the shore.If he had fallen could his body have floated out from shallow water?I would think if it was an accident they would have found the body near the shore.

Is there a link about someone contacting LE about the pole? I always figured LE came across it, for some reason, although I have no idea how they would have located its owner.

I've searched and searched, but I've never found who found the fishing pole and reported it.

Cory stated that he has not had much to do with Mark for several years. Elaine said the same thing, so for someone who wants nothing to do with their father, Cory sure seems like he knows a lot about where things are kept and what Mark is doing... or not doing, these days.
And I don't mean that to be sarcastic at all... it's just an obvious fact.

Well as for me growing up we always kept fishing poles in the garage these things had a place. Possible these boys know MR always kept these things in a certain place. I think Cory knows where the poles were ket!

Maybe MR did not want to admit that it was Dylans pole so they would keep searching around the lake instead of the actual place where Dylan was at?

But it wasn't Dylan's pole. We know that from LE. Why would MR "admit" it was Dylan's pole when it wasn't?

If you use a regular rod and reel, you don't need to thread your own line every time. We used to fish fairly often and I've never had to rethread mine. It doesn't break that easily, unless you catch a gigantic fish or it gets tangled in something. But if the line breaks after every time it's used, you need to either get a stronger line, or find another fishing spot that doesn't have low tree branches or a lot of brush around it. My stepkids could thread their own lines by the time they were 10 or 12 years old. (The girl didn't, but she didn't do anything that she could talk her brothers into doing for her.)

I spent a lot of my early years at lakes, and was really into fishing for a while (but it did get boring quickly unless it was fly casting). I learned how to string a line by the time I was about 8 years old, and I'm a real clutz. I'm sure Dylan could do it for himself if he wanted to, but I don't really see it as being necessary if you know the area you're fishing and watch where you cast. We almost never brought any kind of tackle with us, other than possibly poking a few extra hooks onto something and putting a couple sinkers and/or bobbers in a pocket. Whe we went with the adults, they brought all of the tackle boxes, lures, etc., and it didn't matter if we broke lines or not.

If LE already knew it wasn't Dylans then they would have no need to ask MR.

So you think LE didn't know whose pole it was, and that they were trying to get MR to "admit" it was Dylan's? And since it wasn't Dylan's, MR was saying no, it's not, but LE was just keeping on trying to get him to "admit" it?

If that's what happened, since we're making up a story here, I'll add the next part that probably LE had someone or someone(s) pretty strongly yelling in their other ear that it WAS Dylan's pole. Even though it wasn't.

:twocents:

I hope some day we find out what really happened that weekend.

If LE already knew it wasn't Dylans then they would have no need to ask MR.

If they already knew it wasn't Dylan's pole then why spend 2 days searching? According to the article the finding of the pole lead to a 2 day search of the dam.

I know we have talked about this before. IIRC, No scent could be found so ER had to go back and get something with Dylan's scent on it.. If true, I wonder why Dylan's scent was not on the couch, pillow or a blanket he may have used that night..

Or is it that dog's can't pick up a scent from the sofa.

So you think LE didn't know whose pole it was, and that they were trying to get MR to "admit" it was Dylan's? And since it wasn't Dylan's, MR was saying no, it's not, but LE was just keeping on trying to get him to "admit" it?

If that's what happened, since we're making up a story here, I'll add the next part that probably LE had someone or someone(s) pretty strongly yelling in their other ear that it WAS Dylan's pole. Even though it wasn't.

:twocents:

I hope some day we find out what really happened that weekend.

My post was a possible answer for the post I quoted not nessecarily what I think happened.I don't know anything about who indentified the pole.

Originally Posted by Psychic Sleuth
Hate to quote myself but this is bugging me. How was it that the owner of the pole was able to identify it but MR couldn't tell if it was Dylans or not? I would think the first thing they would do if they found a pole was ask MR if it looked like the missing pole? Wouldn't they? Why bother with a 2 day search if MR would have said 'nope not the pole'. Hmmmm....

Originally Posted by me
Maybe MR did not want to admit that it was Dylans pole so they would keep searching around the lake instead of the actual place where Dylan was at?

You guys are really confusing me with this pole stuff,LOL.Right now I'm trying to figure out If you are being sarcastic or giving an opinion of what you think could have happened.
:waitasec:

My post was a possible answer for the post I quoted not nessecarily what I think happened.I don't know anything about who indentified the pole.

Hate to quote myself but this is bugging me. How was it that the owner of the pole was able to identify it but MR couldn't tell if it was Dylans or not? I would think the first thing they would do if they found a pole was ask MR if it looked like the missing pole? Wouldn't they? Why bother with a 2 day search if MR would have said 'nope not the pole'. Hmmmm....

Originally Posted by me

You guys are really confusing me with this pole stuff,LOL.Right now I'm trying to figure out If you are being sarcastic or giving an opinion of what you think could have happened.

I assure you that I AM NOT being sarcastic in any way and I appreciate your thoughts on the fishing pole.

But it wasn't Dylan's pole. We know that from LE. Why would MR "admit" it was Dylan's pole when it wasn't?

I think you misunderstood, or else I did? I don't think the question is why wouldn't MR admit to it being Dylan's pole if it wasn't, I think the question is, why wouldn't MR have been able to say "No, that is NOT Dylan's pole" when it was found. Hope that helps.

I decided what's bugging me about the wording about the pole. There are no quotes. Just the "investigators." Bender is supposed to be the spokesperson and IMO, it seems whenever the "investigators" are supposed to have been doing something it becomes tricky. If there was a press release or a direct quote from the sheriff's designated Public Information Officer about the pole I'd be a lot happier.

There wasn't anything about the pole on any of the videos where Bender speaks, was there? I've been poking through articles but was unable to listen to videos today.

Just because Mark Redwine is this child's biological father does not give him a legitimate right to be respected by said child. A parent has to earn that right. Stating that it is acceptable for Mark to dictate the terms of Dylan's visit without taking into account how the latter (who is the CHILD) feels, and Dylan should have been perfectly okey-dokey-smokey w/that, is simply another form of deferring blame.

How many of us here know parents who feel empowered by controling their children, but are not interested in any way, shape, or form in being an actual parent? They want to reap the rewards, but not do the work to earn them.

In this case, it would be understandable if Dylan got off that plane w/a chip the size of Mt. Evans on his shoulder.

Why wouldn't LE verify with MR whether or not it was Dylan's before spending 2 days searching?

I'm unclear as to whether the broken rod was found before they ever searched the lake area to begin with, or whether they are talking about a second search prompted by the broken rod found. If someone can speak to that question the answer might be more clear. I would think that the fact that MR was talking about the missing fishing pole from the very beginning would indicate they would've checked out the bridge over the river, and the reservoir from the beginning as well. But, as I said, I'm unclear as to if the search that happened after the broken pole was found was the first time they searched the lake or not...

IMO - It is possible that if it was taken by LEOs as possible evidence they might not want to approach MR about it until after they had brought it/sent it to a lab, etc... (if they did indeed find some kind of fingerprint on the rod itself, or were testing the rod itself for blood, or other evidence).

All of the above is MOO. :cow:

Note: I'm having some trouble with pages not loading here on occasion, not to mention more :banghead: due to issues w/my adult daughter today, so I think I will take breaks as necessary because I have to make sure I don't stress myself out too much. TIA for everyone's understanding if I'm popping in and out randomly, and don't reply to a post right away. :)

According to MR he did agree to take his son there at that time. But he blames it on D for not waking up on time.

And Dylan is the only person who can dispute any of it, Walmart, McDonald's, the sit down dinner, the football, the fishing pole, all of it.

Originally Posted by me

I've been speculating and giving my opinion of what I think may have happened.

I know we have talked about this before. IIRC, No scent could be found so ER had to go back and get something with Dylan's scent on it.. If true, I wonder why Dylan's scent was not on the couch, pillow or a blanket he may have used that night..

Or is it that dog's can't pick up a scent from the sofa.

I'm beginning to think that ' no scent so er had to bring something' might have been misinformation or someone who spoke too soon because it does NOT make sense. The only way to have no scent of Dylan's inside MR"s house is if he was never there. What about the cereal bowl and spoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean