CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because Mark Redwine is this child's biological father does not give him a legitimate right to be respected by said child. A parent has to earn that right. Stating that it is acceptable for Mark to dictate the terms of Dylan's visit without taking into account how the latter (who is the CHILD) feels, and Dylan should have been perfectly okey-dokey-smokey w/that, is simply another form of deferring blame.

How many of us here know parents who feel empowered by controling their children, but are not interested in any way, shape, or form in being an actual parent? They want to reap the rewards, but not do the work to earn them.

In this case, it would be understandable if Dylan got off that plane w/a chip the size of Mt. Evans on his shoulder.

BBM

The negative comments about Dylan really bother me. I haven't seen any reports or statements from people who knew Dylan that he would get a chip on his shoulder. In fact, Elaine said something in the Blasius interview about how he hadn't gotten into that teenage thing. :twocents:

I'm beginning to think that ' no scent so er had to bring something' might have been misinformation or someone who spoke too soon because it does NOT make sense. The only way to have no scent of Dylan's inside MR"s house is if he was never there. What about the cereal bowl and spoon?

I need to find the link about what was said.. My memory is getting old.. But I do remember ER having to go back and get something of Dylan's. Going to search.

I'm unclear as to whether the broken rod was found before they ever searched the lake area to begin with, or whether they are talking about a second search prompted by the broken rod found. If someone can speak to that question the answer might be more clear. I would think that the fact that MR was talking about the missing fishing pole from the very beginning would indicate they would've checked out the bridge over the river, and the reservoir from the beginning as well. But, as I said, I'm unclear as to if the search that happened after the broken pole was found was the first time they searched the lake or not...

IMO - It is possible that if it was taken by LEOs as possible evidence they might not want to approach MR about it until after they had brought it/sent it to a lab, etc... (if they did indeed find some kind of fingerprint on the rod itself, or were testing the rod itself for blood, or other evidence).

All of the above is MOO. :cow:

Note: I'm having some trouble with pages not loading here on occasion, not to mention more :banghead: due to issues w/my adult daughter today, so I think I will take breaks as necessary because I have to make sure I don't stress myself out too much. TIA for everyone's understanding if I'm popping in and out randomly, and don't reply to a post right away. :)

BBM -

If you go back to that timeframe, say Nov 24th thru 26th on Kevin Torres the reporter's facebook, and also the articles and videos on 9 News which is Kevin's news station, in that same timeframe, you can find lots of info about the broken fishing pole and the search. Kevin and 9 News had the best coverage of it. Kevin went and stayed at a cabin on the lake, and 9 News livestreamed for 2 days, and Kevin posted updates on his facebook.

But bottom line is that the broken fishing pole was for that one search of the lake they've done on that weekend.

One more thing - there are lots of pics from news stations that show where LE put the white buoys in the water to mark where their dogs hit, and they're a good guide to figuring out where LE's dogs hit in November and 100 yards east of there where K9-Forensics' dogs hit a few weeks ago.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702&template=mobileart

None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent was available in the first days of the investigation. But the family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend.

“We have the clothes,” Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later.”

Why did LE go to THIS lake to begin with? Because that is where MR was directing them.

It is also the closest, right? Besides the creek? My thought was they used the dogs and started in a sweep from the house and when they got to the reservoir, the dogs hit.

But... it could be because MR pointed them there. He certainly did do that and I can only imagine what his first conversations w/LE were like, because from early reports, LE seemed to believe that Dylan took off on his own and either ran away, or as you are saying, MR indicated that Dylan went to the lake with his fishing pole.

I do agree that LE probably listened to MR in the beginning, before LE's hinky meter was put on red alert, which took a couple of days, I think.

So... you could be absolutely right.

Salem

Can someone direct me to the map.. i would like the map from the airport to home.. TIA

BBM

The negative comments about Dylan really bother me. I haven't seen any reports or statements from people who knew Dylan that he would get a chip on his shoulder. In fact, Elaine said something in the Blasius interview about how he hadn't gotten into that teenage thing. :twocents:

That's interesting, given that it was not I who asked if Dylan was immature for his age.

Excellent Salem, I am still stuck on the no scent.. I have to find out if scent dogs can pick up a scent from a sofa, pillow or blanket.. Maybe Sarx IIRC ..lol.. Can come in and explain that part. I have searched to no avail.

I'm beginning to think that ' no scent so er had to bring something' might have been misinformation or someone who spoke too soon because it does NOT make sense. The only way to have no scent of Dylan's inside MR"s house is if he was never there. What about the cereal bowl and spoon?

Ooohhh I think it's completely true.

I agree with you! Why didn't they just say they had never had a mother OR a father refuse to take a polygraph? Nope, they put the two together, and AFAIK, Elaine wasn't asked to take one on Dr. Phil. So saying a mother AND father was sort of pointless.
They both took one from LE in the beginning. We don't know if Mark has even been asked to take a 2nd one, but I prefer to wait until LE confirms that he has absolutely refused to take one from them, before I condemn him for refusing.
Actually, there is no law that says they can force anyone to take one at any time. Maybe he just doesn't trust them if LE lied to him about the first one. I don't know for sure that they did, but they have been known to do that in other cases, so who knows?

I'm not sure if MR was asked to take a 2nd LDT from LE, I do know that there is an interview where ER & CR are sitting together and CR clearly said that he refused a second LDT. I can't remember if he said LE had asked or not.

However, MR did refuse a 2nd, 3rd & 4th request to take a LDT. While I agree that there is no law to force someone to take a test, MR had an option to say yes or no. MR was not "forced" he was not held against his will or threatened with any harm, he was dragged kicking and screaming, he actually looked pretty content and relaxed on the drive there. IMO

IMO, if MR felt that he didn't trust the test itself he should have stated that. Would it not have been easier to refuse the first offer from DP then to accept and then cause all the ruckus? IMO There seems to me to have been plenty of opportunities to say, I don't trust the test or I don't trust the operator.

Snip from this article last updated 12/26/2012
http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121226/NEWS01/121229694/-1/news01

In a recent development, a bloodhound from New Mexico searched the same areas in
Vallecito gone over earlier by search teams and dogs, KOAT-TV in Albuquerque reported.

The bloodhound, the station report said, can detect a scent up to 6 weeks old. But the dog turned up nothing.

I didn't take that as them searching inside MR's house and finding no scent, but that's just my opinion.

This video says -

The task force used a bloodhound this week in hopes of finding any trace of Dylan Redwine.

snipped

A bloodhound from Albuquerque came up to the Vallecito reservoir the other day and went out with the task force. Officials say bloodhounds can pick up a scent up to 6 weeks after an event. We're told the search covered the same ground as before but the hound did not discover any trace of Dylan

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...nce/-/9153728/17874294/-/sgkdvez/-/index.html

BBM -

If you go back to that timeframe, say Nov 24th thru 26th on Kevin Torres the reporter's facebook, and also the articles and videos on 9 News which is Kevin's news station, in that same timeframe, you can find lots of info about the broken fishing pole and the search. Kevin and 9 News had the best coverage of it. Kevin went and stayed at a cabin on the lake, and 9 News livestreamed for 2 days, and Kevin posted updates on his facebook.

But bottom line is that the broken fishing pole was for that one search of the lake they've done on that weekend.

One more thing - there are lots of pics from news stations that show where LE put the white buoys in the water to mark where their dogs hit, and they're a good guide to figuring out where LE's dogs hit in November and 100 yards east of there where K9-Forensics' dogs hit a few weeks ago.

I can't even tell exactly where they are in the lake to judge where the buoys are. Can you? It looks like the dam or far south side not too far away but they are not right up against the edge of it. Definitely further up. I was wondering if maybe it was near the marina but it's hard to tell. Is that video from the west side or the east side of the lake?

Is this fishing pole the new DWT? Is Dylan under the fishing pole?

Just because Mark Redwine is this child's biological father does not give him a legitimate right to be respected by said child. A parent has to earn that right. Stating that it is acceptable for Mark to dictate the terms of Dylan's visit without taking into account how the latter (who is the CHILD) feels, and Dylan should have been perfectly okey-dokey-smokey w/that, is simply another form of deferring blame.

How many of us here know parents who feel empowered by controling their children, but are not interested in any way, shape, or form in being an actual parent? They want to reap the rewards, but not do the work to earn them.

In this case, it would be understandable if Dylan got off that plane w/a chip the size of Mt. Evans on his shoulder.

Adding to that chip may have been that Dylan was beginning to feel like a pawn in his parents' games, <modsnip>. There's also the matter of the court records that were sealed in November - what if that was Dylan trying to convince the judge not to make him go see his dad?

It is also the closest, right? Besides the creek? My thought was they used the dogs and started in a sweep from the house and when they got to the reservoir, the dogs hit.

But... it could be because MR pointed them there. He certainly did do that and I can only imagine what his first conversations w/LE were like, because from early reports, LE seemed to believe that Dylan took off on his own and either ran away, or as you are saying, MR indicated that Dylan went to the lake with his fishing pole.

I do agree that LE probably listened to MR in the beginning, before LE's hinky meter was put on red alert, which took a couple of days, I think.

So... you could be absolutely right.

Salem

I'd have to look at the maps again, but IIRC Lemon Reservoir is pretty close to MR's too. I'm not sure which is closer. I know they did search there later also.

There's just something about that fishing pole prompting them to search for 2 days, when it wasn't even Dylan's. So they search for 2 days THEN find out it wasn't his? Isn't that somewhat odd? Why not find out if it could be his first? His Dad and his Brother would surely know.

Just bouncing off your post :blushing:

I question, was there not anything in that house that MR could give to LE that would have had Dylan's scent on it.. I admit I am not up to date on scent dogs. But would something he slept on have enough scent if needed. If so he could have allowed the dogs to try and hit, maybe he did I don't know.. I am going backwards in this case.. Forward I am hitting dead ends.

I didn't take that as them searching inside MR's house and finding no scent, but that's just my opinion.

This video says -

The task force used a bloodhound this week in hopes of finding any trace of Dylan Redwine.

snipped

A bloodhound from Albuquerque came up to the Vallecito reservoir the other day and went out with the task force. Officials say bloodhounds can pick up a scent up to 6 weeks after an event. We're told the search covered the same ground as before but the hound did not discover any trace of Dylan

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...nce/-/9153728/17874294/-/sgkdvez/-/index.html

Does a theory where MR snapped, raged and did something to his son require a trigger from Dylan? Ie attitude, continuing a behavior after being told to stop, etc. i am not trying to blame Dylan at all just trying to understand the theory.

I'm not sure if MR was asked to take a 2nd LDT from LE, I do know that there is an interview where ER & CR are sitting together and CR clearly said that he refused a second LDT. I can't remember if he said LE had asked or not.

However, MR did refuse a 2nd, 3rd & 4th request to take a LDT. While I agree that there is no law to force someone to take a test, MR had an option to say yes or no. MR was not "forced" he was not held against his will or threatened with any harm, he was dragged kicking and screaming, he actually looked pretty content and relaxed on the drive there. IMO

IMO, if MR felt that he didn't trust the test itself he should have stated that. Would it not have been easier to refuse the first offer from DP then to accept and then cause all the ruckus? IMO There seems to me to have been plenty of opportunities to say, I don't trust the test or I don't trust the operator.

Or how about just a flat out NO I don't want to take it? Nobody could force him to, and honestly I think he would have looked a lot better had he just said 'no' from the get go.

But for those of us watching it was a real eye opener!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean