CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier when I asked about the back way home from Durango I was seeing what other lakes were close by. When I put in from Durango to Vallecito the directions have you go very close to Lemon Reservoir. I think they sould also take a closer look there. It seems to be a smaller, more off the beaten path area. JMO BBM

350 people, including more than 260 resident volunteers, participated in Saturday’s continuing search for missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine. The organized searches focused on County Roads 240 and 501 and the areas around Lemon and Vallecito reservoirs.

snipped

In addition to the searchers on foot along the paved roads or other routes, additional searchers were on horses and all-terrain vehicles, especially in the more difficult areas around Lemon and Vallecito, Phippen said.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121208/NEWS01/121209618/Volunteers-search-for-Dylan--

A helicopter from the San Juan County (N.M.) Sheriff’s Office searched area lakes in La Plata County Tuesday afternoon. Those lakes included Vallecito, Lemon, Haviland Lake, Lake Nighthorse, and Electra Lake.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1098

I have wondered this too. It's my understanding that MH went back home and brought Dylan's clothes the following weekend. It's also my understanding that these scent tracking dogs can pick up a scent up to about 6 weeks. So why were those clothes never used to try to follow his scent? Or perhaps they were and we just aren't privy to it?

**cadaver dogs can pick up a scent for much much longer. Many many years if I understand correctly. No personal scent item is needed for this.

I think if they did use the clothes and did pick up a scent they would have been looking in a specific location and knocking on doors in that area or something. Not knocking on doors almost 4 months later and searching under bridges. I think there would have been tons of activity and I'm sure someone would have noticed a bunch of searchers out in a specific area. JMO, MOO

Ranson, How are you, Good I hope the BP meds are finally working

350 people, including more than 260 resident volunteers, participated in Saturday’s continuing search for missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine. The organized searches focused on County Roads 240 and 501 and the areas around Lemon and Vallecito reservoirs.

snipped

In addition to the searchers on foot along the paved roads or other routes, additional searchers were on horses and all-terrain vehicles, especially in the more difficult areas around Lemon and Vallecito, Phippen said.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121208/NEWS01/121209618/Volunteers-search-for-Dylan--

A helicopter from the San Juan County (N.M.) Sheriff’s Office searched area lakes in La Plata County Tuesday afternoon. Those lakes included Vallecito, Lemon, Haviland Lake, Lake Nighthorse, and Electra Lake.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1098

I think they needed to put a couple boats in Lemon, not just a fly over. JMO

Did they have any dogs on these searches? (I am really curious and would like to know ). Thanks. :)

Thanks Salem, That explains it to me.. How I missed the discussion about the scent, I don't know. So Pure scent. JMO if something did happen at the house, MR would need to find a place from 7:22 sunday night to 8 Monday morning. and we still have no witnesses to that night.. We still don't know about the search of MR's home.

Did anyone clarify whose sweatpants that where taken. MR said something about them taken during the search. So if they needed a pure scent...JMO the pants are MR's. What is on the pants that would make LE take them.. The million dollar question in my head. Ok sorry I am rattling in my head

I pretty much came to the same conclusion about the sweat pants. They must have been MR's and probably what he was wearing the night he picked Dylan up from the airport or once they got home. Somehow LE decided they wanted a certain pair of sweat pants. MR also stated that the iPod taken from his home was his.

I think they needed to put a couple boats in Lemon, not just a fly over. JMO

Did they have any dogs on these searches? (I am really curious and would like to know ). Thanks. :)

Dogs, horses and ATV's + people at Lemon.

Psychic... What else was taken? was it a computer..
Strange sweat pants but no shirt

Yes computer...to my knowledge. I don't know if we heard about anything else? MR's computer, iPod and assuming HIS sweatpants and of course the trucks.

It's possible that what was in MR's house had mixed scents of different people thus it wasn't a pure scent from just Dylan. A pure scent from just Dylan would be preferred as it would be more reliable. Either way to my understanding the dogs were not able to get anything.

I agree that the dogs probably could not get a "pure" scent.

Salem

That is curious isn't it? In November in CO surely he was wearing
a shirt. hmmmm

That is curious isn't it? In November in CO surely he was wearing
a shirt. hmmmm

This whole case has so many twist and turns. I can't even keep a clear head. That's why I am working backwards.. does that make any sense at all.

This whole case has so many twist and turns. I can't even keep a clear head. That's why I am working backwards.. does that make any sense at all.

Nothing makes sense so working backwards is just as likely to yield a new clue as anything else.

And why THOSE sweatpants? Were they what he was wearing went he went to the Marshall's on Monday or what he's was wearing in the airport or Walmart video shots or what? Why those?

sweat pants- any clinging materials from plants, embedded particles on the knees from kneeling, stains, areas that dried from having been in river/lake/pond water ?

OKAY apparently I really was asleep at some point- SO no one has been able to confirm that MR and DR arrived to that home after Dylan was picked up at the airport???
But where was the phone pinging ? According to the phone records what tower was last utilized??

Well...I used to fish a lot too and our lines would always get caught up. I can't remember one time where someone's line didn't break or have to be cut and redone. It's just silly to go fishing without extra line and tools to make a new line. Plus lures or bait. I never did my own line although I could have probably figured it out. It was easier to have whomever I was with do it :) You need more than a fishing pole to fish. IMO

Where did I say we didn't carry a tackle box with us? We just don't fish where there are trees to get a line hung up in, and we're not fishing for anything over 10-12 pounds, either. I am saying that we rarely broke a line. I guess that means we're doing it right. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho