CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread 44 and nothing new? Been gone since the first of the month.

Any new searches since the HRD dogs from K-9 Forensics picked up scent(s)?

Just wondering if any new leads on finding Dylan....

TIA

Having people out looking for "treasure" is the new thing out here in NM, CO and beyond to the west and north.

Only had to rescue one lost woman that was looking for the treasure near Bandelier. Many more will be out scouring the western part of the US. Keep the faith.

ETA: Forgot the link
http://todaynews.today.com/_news/20...en-treasure-worth-millions-head-outdoors?lite

watch video and read

treasure clues: http://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/the-thrill-resource-page
BBM: Ain't that the truth. Sounded like fun when I first read about it until I saw how seriously some people take it. I'll stick with Geocaching.

Thread 44 and nothing new? Been gone since the first of the month.

Any new searches since the HRD dogs from K-9 Forensics picked up scent(s)?

Just wondering if any new leads on finding Dylan....

TIA

Nothing new that we know of...

Oh no, I've been following since the beginning, even before I signed up here, and the comments have been throughout the threads, and by many, many posters.

I guess it finally has just built up. It's hard to see negative things said about Dylan, when not a single person who knows him has said anything like what's indicated. I'm sure Dylan wasn't perfect, like any other child, but it's just been hard for me to see so much negativity over and over, and nothing IMO to warrant it.

:twocents:

What has been said that is negative about Dylan?

I keep thinking a call by Dylan from the landline. The records would tell them the time the call was placed, and the person he called could verify it was him by his voice and what they talked about. Otherwise, I agree, it would probably be difficult. The FBI has some snazzy tricks up their sleeves though.

If the landline was used at all, then someone should have heard from Dylan on Monday, IMO. To me, it is pretty apparent no one did.

No explicit confirmation, sreshowtime, but the only 2 scenarios posed by LE both involve Dylan at the house -

"He either left the house and someone abducted him or something happened while he was still at the house. I could not think of a 3rd possibility," said Dan Bender, spokesman from the La Plata County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/314078/42/What-happened-to-Dylan-Redwine

Snipped

Slightly off topic - why is BENDER coming up with possibilities? I think that job belongs to investigators?

Unless they do not want to single MR out at this point, by saying a third option is that he never made it to the house.
Or unless, at that time, they didn't think of that possibility. No one WANTS to thinks a parent would abduct their own child, hurt their own child or lie about bringing their child home. It may not have even been on their radarscope at that time. Not saying it is or isn't now, just that it might not have been then. IMO.

I still believe it is possible that LE has been unable to prove or disprove Dylan's presence in the house on Sunday night. And LE does not have to reveal their suspicions if they are in the midst of an active case. Hopefully we will know more one day.

The next best thing to proving he was there Sunday night would be to prove he was there Monday. Would require credible sightings or maybe use of the computer or perhaps iPod at the house while MR was confirmed to be elsewhere.

Or unless, at that time, they didn't think of that possibility. No one WANTS to thinks a parent would abduct their own child, hurt their own child or lie about bringing their child home. It may not have even been on their radarscope at that time. Not saying is is or isn't now, just that it might not have been then. IMO.

It was not that long ago, though, when Bender made his "best guesses" as to what happened, surely long past the initial days of taking a parent at their word.

The next best thing to proving he was there Sunday night would be to prove he was there Monday. Would require credible sightings or maybe use of the computer or perhaps iPod at the house while MR was confirmed to be elsewhere.

True, but nothing like that seems to have happened, IMO.

The dogs have to get Dylan's scent off of something. Then they can try to track that scent (say down the road). The dogs don't know Dylan's scent. They have to be provided with a piece of clothing or something to tell the dog what scent they are following.

So to say dogs didn't pick up a scent inside the home really makes no sense (unless referring to HRD/Cadaver dogs). The dogs would need to be given something to get the scent off of and then they would go outside and try to follow the scent down the road or wherever it leads.

Now this is not to be confused with cadaver or HRD dogs. They don't need to be given something with a person's scent because they search only for the death scent. It is not specific to one person or another.

Do we know if cadaver dogs were ever at MR's home? I think not but would welcome being proved wrong.

Snipped

Slightly off topic - why is BENDER coming up with possibilities? I think that job belongs to investigators?

Dan has been speaking FOR the investigation since the very beginning. It's nothing new for Dan to speak for x, y, and z. JMO

Dan has been speaking FOR the investigation since the very beginning. It's nothing new for Dan to speak for x, y, and z. JMO

So when he says "I" in that quote he really intends "we?" Just clarifying.

BBM: Ain't that the truth. Sounded like fun when I first read about it until I saw how seriously some people take it. I'll stick with Geocaching.

It's being taken very seriously especially those of us that know Forrest and Peggy Jean. JMO

Do we know if cadaver dogs were ever at MR's home? I think not but would welcome being proved wrong.

I've wondered this all along and so far I have not gotten that answer. I don't know how long a death scent might stay in a home or a vehicle etc when the body has been removed though.

Excellent Salem, I am still stuck on the no scent.. I have to find out if scent dogs can pick up a scent from a sofa, pillow or blanket.. Maybe Sarx IIRC ..lol.. Can come in and explain that part. I have searched to no avail.

When Sarx was here before, he said that the sofa and pillow and blanket being on the sofa would have mixed scents of different people who had been around those items and that the dogs couldn't pick out the one scent they needed.

If you believe that Mark killed Dylan, and it was not premeditated, well, that means *something* happened that caused Mark to lash out at Dylan. There is a good chance it was something Dylan said. So I guess I could see how saying "Is it possible Dylan had an attitude with his dad and..." and could be considered victim blaming, but I don't see it that way. No one is going to justify what Mark did (if he is guilty) no matter what Dylan said or did. Nothing could come out of Dylan's mouth that would excuse Mark killing him (if he did). I don't think speculating that Dylan didn't want to be there, he said something to Mark, and Mark flipped out, is that horrible.

so the closest cell tower appears to be the Cellular Inc one, app. 1 mile due west of the Bayfield high school.

I am having trouble finding it, can someone be so kind to give me the location (address)for the Mcdonalds they went to?

I completely disagree with this. From the time children are small, they should be taught to respect their elders and authority. Children need to have boundaries and be told the difference between right from wrong. That's what a parent does. A parent does not indulge their every whim and does not give a child their way all the time, this creates an attitude of disrespect and entitlement in a child. That's what parenting is. You do not let the inmates run the aslyum and you don't let kids call the shots in the home. Every child I ever met who was raised without love and a firm hand are behind prison walls now. I think it's ridiculous to believe that a parent has to EARN a child's respect. Absolutely ridiculous. We are suppose to take care of our children and teach them and you don't do that by letting them behave anyway they want towards whomever they want. That's how you make juvenile deliquents. IMO, JMO, MOO.

http://www.childhelp.org/pages/statistics
I'm far more concerned about the child abuse epidemic in this country than teaching old school notions of respecting your elders. Children do NOT need to respect someone who is abusing them or their mothers. :moo::moo::moo:

Respect is earned, not demanded. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member