CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following this thread from the beginning but haven't posted, and I've only just read the ER transcript posted one page up thread for the first time.

A couple of things struck me: ER says LE confirms that Dylan arrived at MR's house around 8 p.m. that Sunday night. Assuming that is correct, that must mean someone, like a neighbor or passerby, saw them arrive or they were caught on a webcam/video. ER also says no footprints of Dylan were found anywhere around the house and that his shoe sole had a distinctive pattern. I'm sure I remember reading that MR's vehicles were searched.

So if those three things are true, then MR either 1) had nothing to do with Dylan's disappearance 2) had access to a different vehicle that no one knows about and that hasn't been searched 3) did something to Dylan within walking/carrying distance of the house (and I must assume the foot searches have looked just about everywhere around that house). Or was the ground so hard that no footprints were possible anywhere around the house? It just seems as though the possibilities about what happened are pretty limited if what ER says in that interview is correct.

I've been following this thread from the beginning but haven't posted, and I've only just read the ER transcript posted one page up thread for the first time.

A couple of things struck me: ER says LE confirms that Dylan arrived at MR's house around 8 p.m. that Sunday night. Assuming that is correct, that must mean someone, like a neighbor or passerby, saw them arrive or they were caught on a webcam/video. ER also says no footprints of Dylan were found anywhere around the house and that his shoe sole had a distinctive pattern. I'm sure I remember reading that MR's vehicles were searched.

So if those three things are true, then MR either 1) had nothing to do with Dylan's disappearance 2) had access to a different vehicle that no one knows about and that hasn't been searched 3) did something to Dylan within walking/carrying distance of the house (and I must assume the foot searches have looked just about everywhere around that house). Or was the ground so hard that no footprints were possible anywhere around the house? It just seems as though the possibilities about what happened are pretty limited if what ER says in that interview is correct.

I believe that it's possible the ground may have been hard and not conducive to footprints, but have not heard anything official about footprints. We have not heard what came of the search of the vehicles. I believe that information would not be released. I think #3 is possible. LE said in their last press release that it was confirmed that Dylan made it to MR's house that night. I was one who thought he may not have ever made it there, but I tend to believe the press release (I still hold it in the back of my mind that the press release could be wrong.). I think IMO the possibilities of what could have happened probably are limited, not just based on ER's interview, but based on what we know from LE and other sources. The text messages just ceasing the way they did are a big clue for me. JMO

FYI: If some members want to rehash things over and over, then they get to rehash things over and over. Just pass that post if it's not what you want to do.

I believe that it's possible the ground may have been hard and not conducive to footprints, but have not heard anything official about footprints. We have not heard what came of the search of the vehicles. I believe that information would not be released. I think #3 is possible. LE said in their last press release that it was confirmed that Dylan made it to MR's house that night. I was one who thought he may not have ever made it there, but I tend to believe the press release (I still hold it in the back of my mind that the press release could be wrong.). I think IMO the possibilities of what could have happened probably are limited, not just based on ER's interview, but based on what we know from LE and other sources. The text messages just ceasing the way they did are a big clue for me. JMO

BBM

I know, what 13 year old that is an avid texter, would not have texted his friends while he was watching TV, eating cereal and waiting for his dad to return from his errands?

Weird......

I do not take as gospel, what any witness says about a crime. Or any insider for that matter. Every single person speaking with inside knowledge is evaluated for consistency, fallacy, bias, and motivation. That means that I agree with Dr. House. Everybody lies. And for complex reasons. The truth is in there somewhere.

I agree. And I don't take anything as gospel. I also agree that everyone lies. I do make judgments about what seems credible to me, based on my evaluation of the person's consistency, fallacy, bias, and motivation--just as you suggested. Based on that I feel like ER is credible and MR is not. I also think a stranger abduction could have happened. I'm saying this not to be snarky, but just to say, I agree with your standards but come to a different conclusion still.

http://www.wikihow.com/Block-a-Phone-Number

very easy/simple to block numbers
give steps for each cell phone carrier

But can you just block texts or does it have to be all features for the number? I am just wondering in general if it was to try to get a phone conversation going or could it be that Mark blocked all text messages in general and ER and CR assume it's just them? I can see him blocking text feature altogether if people kept texting him threats or using texts to harass him. That's an if there and a perspective on the blocking in general.

FYI: If some members want to rehash things over and over, then they get to rehash things over and over. Just pass that post if it's not what you want to do.

Sorry, Kimster. Please don't hit me with your ray gun.....:floorlaugh:

Sorry, Kimster. Please don't hit me with your ray gun.....:floorlaugh:

marvinthemartian2.gif

BBM

I know, what 13 year old that is an avid texter, would not have texted his friends while he was watching TV, eating cereal and waiting for his dad to return from his errands?

Weird......

And I do understand that the cell phone COULD have died, and not only just ran out of batteries but totally died, as in unable to be recharged with the charger he had. It's just that there are too many coincidences like that for me. In fact, this reminds me, I've had phones die like that, but usually for a while I can plug it into the charger and keep it chugging along a little bit. I tell people, hey, I think my phone battery is nearing its end, because when I charge it it only holds a charge a bit. I've never had one go totally radio dead all at once.

And I do understand that the cell phone COULD have died, and not only just ran out of batteries but totally died, as in unable to be recharged with the charger he had. It's just that there are too many coincidences like that for me. In fact, this reminds me, I've had phones die like that, but usually for a while I can plug it into the charger and keep it chugging along a little bit. I tell people, hey, I think my phone battery is nearing its end, because when I charge it it only holds a charge a bit. I've never had one go totally radio dead all at once.

Assume the cell phone was unusable for whatever reason. Why, then, no texting in the AM from the ipod or emails from the computer?

But can you just block texts or does it have to be all features for the number? I am just wondering in general if it was to try to get a phone conversation going or could it be that Mark blocked all text messages in general and ER and CR assume it's just them? I can see him blocking text feature altogether if people kept texting him threats or using texts to harass him. That's an if there and a perspective on the blocking in general.

You don't have to have texting with your phone. That is the individual's decision. You can have a calling plan only. If a number is blocked it leads me to believe that any type of "communication" from that number will not be received.

JMO....I am not a chemist or a phone expert....:floorlaugh:

Ok :) , the only reason why i take her word over his is because i can see a mother who is completely devastated and is doing everything she can to bring Dylan home. The little i have seen from Mark has just depressed me and i think he is capable of hurting his son in a fit of temper and is stone walling Elaine and Cory . Plus he has multiply accounts of what he did that day and on Sunday which makes me think he is hiding something :cow:

and he was the last person to see him and his son disappeared on his watch, plain and simple.

The phone could of died and i do not know it did not on Monday. But i do think if Dylan was at home as stated then he had other means to contact people and if his phone had packed up then that makes me believe he would of waited for Mark to get home.

Why go off somewhere when you can not contact your friends and have no idea what they are now up?

I agree. And I don't take anything as gospel. I also agree that everyone lies. I do make judgments about what seems credible to me, based on my evaluation of the person's consistency, fallacy, bias, and motivation--just as you suggested. Based on that I feel like ER is credible and MR is not. I also think a stranger abduction could have happened. I'm saying this not to be snarky, but just to say, I agree with your standards but come to a different conclusion still.

I haven't come to any conclusion at all. I find every statement made by every person connected to this case to contain difficult parts. EVERY single one of them. I understand that you have determined some to be credible and some to be not. I actually think they have all been less than consistent and various parts of each are credible to me and various parts of each are not credible. Yes, I make a determination point by point.

Assume the cell phone was unusable for whatever reason. Why, then, no texting in the AM from the ipod or emails from the computer?

Exactly. In this case, if I want to answer for these questions I have to come up with an excuse for everything! It's just too much.

I mean, just go back over the list! It's crazy how many things would have to be true that normally wouldn't be true.

Why did the texts just stop? The phone died forever.
Why didn't he use the ipod? I haven't heard any reason.
Why didn't he use the computer? Pass-word protected.
Why didn't he use the landline? He didn't know his friends numbers. This one I can buy. But when MR was trying o get a hold of Dylan, why didn't he call the land-line? Meh. I don' have strong feelings about this.
Why is his backpack missing with everything in it to go fishing or to visit his friend?
Why would he walk 6 miles to see a friend when he was so excited to see another friend?
Why would he sleep in when he was so excited to see R? He said he was going to meet R at 6:30. Now we just have to assume he changed his mind, even though there's no evidence he did in his texts.
Why wouldn't he wait for a ride from his dad?
Why would he go fishing in November 6 miles away without a coat?

You can come up with reasons to each thing, but they are not the usual, normal thing that most often happens. It's always something exceptional.

And yes, for me, MR's behavior is very strange. From the moment I heard him talk I recognized a form of deception that I have seen in my life, using a lot of extra words and talking about unrelated things and what looked very clearly to me like faked emotions. And I'm not alone in seeing and recognizing these things. So, then all of that has to have an excuse. He's just uneducated, or he's a country-boy (which always gets me because I have lots of country-boys in my family, including salt of the earth Wyoming cowboys, and the only person who talked like MR in my family was my abusive, controlling dad, who is now thankfully out of my life).

and then there's the documented domestic abuse and menacing and the prior incidents of keeping the kids past when they were due, and the drinking on Dr. Phil and the inconclusive/failed LDT and refusal to take another.

Yes, yes, you can come up with a reason for all of these things--but that's too many things for me! You could come up with a million reasons for ANYTHING anyone does, Casey Anhony, Jodi Arias, you can come up with all kinds of alternative explanations, but that's not justice or fairness--to me, it's too much work and Occam's razor says it should be a pretty straight shot. JMO

Just a quick comment on blocking texts etc. On my plan I have to block texts, voice calls and incoming pics etc all separately. There is no way for me to just block a phone number. I have to do each individually. When I block someone from texting or calling me that also means I can't text or call them either. Just an fyi FWIW

Just a quick comment on blocking texts etc. On my plan I have to block texts, voice calls and incoming pics etc all separately. There is no way for me to just block a phone number. I have to do each individually. When I block someone from texting or calling me that also means I can't text or call them either. Just an fyi FWIW

This is helpful for sure. I was basically trying to figure out if you could just block a certain person from texting you only, or did it have to be the whole nine yards. I was just thinking in terms of MR's statement about her texting but won't answer a phone call, if it's a possibility he blocked her from texting him just so they could have a phone conversation. Not speaking for either here, but I do believe that conversations regarding your missing son should be in an actual call not over text message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!