CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd guess that people who live in mountain/forest cabins probably store all sorts of outdoor hobby equipment in their homes - and a man on his own would probably keep it where ever he chooses without regard for what others think is the norm.
:moo:

I normally keep my cordless circular saw in the garage. It's in my bedroom right now.

I put it there after using it in the backyard because I was too lazy to put it were it belongs. Hey, rain was coming and I didn't want it to get wet.

MR didn't even have Thanksgiving planned out !!

This was always a funny argument to me. MR said he wasn't sure if they'd go to his brother's or if they'd stay home. Regardless, so what? I'd love to be able to stay home one Thanksgiving and NOT have dried out turkey and dressing. The lack of turkey day plans is about as relevant as what DR ordered from McD's. MOO

Ok, back by popular demand!!! :p

Had my husband disappeared or been murdered today, I would be in deep doo doo and I'd be the next subject at WS.

We had to get our vehicle smogged. Last time we had problems with it and were told 2 sensors were bad. So he went out to get things done. Said he was taking it to the dealership to see if all systems were go.

He left the house about 11:00 or whereabouts. I'm not sure. I read here at WS and got sleepy. Went in for a nap that lasted 3 hours. I got up somewhere around 3:30 pm. He was still not home. He wasn't home at 4, or 5 or 6 pm. I have no idea what he was wearing even though I saw him this morning.

He has a cell phone but leaves it off a lot and can't hear it anyway because he has hearing impairment.

My cell phone was on and sitting on the table the whole time.

Now, had he disappeared or was murdered, I have no alibi, no one has seen me, I talked to no one today, I didn't remember what he was wearing, I had no idea where he was for the last 7 hours. Even though my phone would ping at home, it only means I didn't take it with me, not that I didn't leave. His parents are dead, he has no friends.

Thank God he walked through the door about half an hour ago. He got the vehicle smogged after a marathon of running all over the city. And thank God he didn't disappear or was murdered today.

The point is, someone can surely be innocent of any wrong doing and not have witnesses to their whereabouts or ping proof or anything else. Pretty much when someone goes missing, no one realizes at the time they won't be seeing them again.

I normally keep my cordless circular saw in the garage. It's in my bedroom right now.

I put it there after using it in the backyard because I was too lazy to put it were it belongs. Hey, rain was coming and I didn't want it to get wet.

I have got tools all over my house!! Hubby recently got a new tool chest for the garage and I am so looking forward to him going on a search and taking all the tools out of here.

He once had a wheelbarrel in the dining room. It stayed there for I don't know how long. I told him he either needed to take it outside or I was going to throw dirt in it, plant something and make it a planter so it made sense why it was in the house. LOL

R: Can you tell me about your plans for Thanksgiving?

M: Well, because he was with me for such a short period of time, we had touched on a few things. One of the things was we talked about going to my brother David's house in Castle Rock. Um, I know his friends were important to him so we were wanting to make sure he had adequate time with his friends. Um, you know basically the plan was Monday and Tuesday he would spend with his friends. Maybe Wednesday, you know we had talked a little bit about going bowling or doing something as an activity, not with just me and him, his friends included. Then we would have Thanksgiving day to ourselves. Or there was a possibility we would travel and get to my brother's house. So, you know, none of that ever got finalized. I mean, we were just focusing on the next day and what we were going to do and how that was going to take place. That's as far as we really ever got. You know, his friends are important to him and I certainly don't expect him to spend a whole week with me when he's got, he's grown up in this community and he's got tons of people who love and care about him.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8596261&postcount=31"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

I think that this case is weak on circumstantial evidence so far. I think that's why there has been no arrest yet.

Maybe there is some forensic evidence that was obtained during the search warrant that can help. But since we are not privileged to see what was or wasn't obtained it's hard to say. MOO.

There's a lot of evidence that points to MR's character but not much towards anything related to Dylan's disappearance, IMO. They may very well be building a case, but I don't think it's nearly at the level it needs to be in order to convict him. I could be very wrong, but as far as we know, they don't know what happened, whether he was abducted, murdered, in hiding somewhere or was sold and taken out of the country to be somebody's toy. Anything is possible. Maybe not probable, but still possible.

Ok, back by popular demand!!! :p

Had my husband disappeared or been murdered today, I would be in deep doo doo and I'd be the next subject at WS.

We had to get our vehicle smogged. Last time we had problems with it and were told 2 sensors were bad. So he went out to get things done. Said he was taking it to the dealership to see if all systems were go.

He left the house about 11:00 or whereabouts. I'm not sure. I read here at WS and got sleepy. Went in for a nap that lasted 3 hours. I got up somewhere around 3:30 pm. He was still not home. He wasn't home at 4, or 5 or 6 pm. I have no idea what he was wearing even though I saw him this morning.

He has a cell phone but leaves it off a lot and can't hear it anyway because he has hearing impairment.

My cell phone was on and sitting on the table the whole time.

Now, had he disappeared or was murdered, I have no alibi, no one has seen me, I talked to no one today, I didn't remember what he was wearing, I had no idea where he was for the last 7 hours. Even though my phone would ping at home, it only means I didn't take it with me, not that I didn't leave. His parents are dead, he has no friends.

Thank God he walked through the door about half an hour ago. He got the vehicle smogged after a marathon of running all over the city. And thank God he didn't disappear or was murdered today.

The point is, someone can surely be innocent of any wrong doing and not have witnesses to their whereabouts or ping proof or anything else. Pretty much when someone goes missing, no one realizes at the time they won't be seeing them again.

What is smogged? It kinda sounds dirty. lol

Yeah, I hear ya. My 9 year old stayed home today from school because he was sick. DH leaves before any of us wake up. 12 year old rode the bus today. Had something happened to him on the way to the bus stop, I'd have been all kinds of skewered. The only thing I could say he was wearing is it has Nike on it.

ETA: I know what smog is, but I don't know how to smog a vehicle. I know some of y'all think I'm a dumb redneck, but I'm really not. I just don't know what involves smogging a vehicle.

This was always a funny argument to me. MR said he wasn't sure if they'd go to his brother's or if they'd stay home. Regardless, so what? I'd love to be able to stay home one Thanksgiving and NOT have dried out turkey and dressing. The lack of turkey day plans is about as relevant as what DR ordered from McD's. MOO

If you brine your turkey it wont be dry. That's why I have bought my own turkey to cook even if I'm invited to a family dinner elsewhere. I get leftover turkey also.

I'm not sure why Mark and Dylan not having firm Thanksgiving day plans means that Mark is responsible for harming Dylan. MOO.

"Reality starting to set in"

And he is trying to deal with the added weight of knowing that some people think he had something to do with his son's disappearance because he was the last one to see him. He has contacted a criminal-defense attorney to help him with that. And he said he is helping in the search in any way he can.

"I just want my son back," he said. "I know it's crossing all our minds — reality is starting to set in that that may not be a possibility."

Read more: With Dylan Redwine missing for almost two weeks, dad clings to hope - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder#ixzz2OEahoxgl
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Tick, Tock.....Mark

If you brine your turkey it wont be dry. That's why I have bought my own turkey to cook even if I'm invited to a family dinner elsewhere. I get leftover turkey also.

I'm not sure why Mark and Dylan not having firm Thanksgiving day plans means that Mark is responsible for harming Dylan. MOO.

Oh, I'm from Texas. We don't brine, we smoke everything on the smoker. Sometimes we fry our turkey, but after a few fires we stopped doing that. :rocker:

BBM. - Alton Brown? I learned to brine mine from him. :)

MR is not the only one for whom the reality - that Dylan may not be alive - is setting in. Dylan's mother struggles to keep hope alive as well.

But how does Cory know? When was the last time Cory was at MR's house?

Who stands fishing poles next to their TV sets? I don't know, maybe someone who was hoping to go fishing with his son? Maybe someone who isn't all that into housekeeping? Who cares? If Dylan is found clutching the fishing pole, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. For now, the fishing pole is as relevant as what DR ordered from McDonalds.

Kitchens ARE for shotguns, you are right there.

During the L.A. Riots, I kept a loaded gun by the front door, by the back door and one in the bedroom. None were shotguns.

Yeah, I hear ya. My 9 year old stayed home today from school because he was sick. DH leaves before any of us wake up. 12 year old rode the bus today. Had something happened to him on the way to the bus stop, I'd have been all kinds of skewered. The only thing I could say he was wearing is it has Nike on it.

I hear you, and as a rule I would probably not always know what my boys were wearing. I am not a very observant person, but my friends love that about me lol. Anyway, I would have been in big do-do with LE, but they start with the immediate family & work out from there and rightly so. Unfortunately, that is the process of elimination & I would be all over getting myself cleared so they could move on.

There's a lot of evidence that points to MR's character but not much towards anything related to Dylan's disappearance, IMO. They may very well be building a case, but I don't think it's nearly at the level it needs to be in order to convict him. I could be very wrong, but as far as we know, they don't know what happened, whether he was abducted, murdered, in hiding somewhere or was sold and taken out of the country to be somebody's toy. Anything is possible. Maybe not probable, but still possible.

If we are only looking at character, Mark loses.

If we look at the facts as we know them, it's hard to say what happened to Dylan.

I'd guess that people who live in mountain/forest cabins probably store all sorts of outdoor hobby equipment in their homes - and a man on his own would probably keep it where ever he chooses without regard for what others think is the norm.
:moo:

one fishing pole stored next to the tv the others stored in the garage doesn't make much sense IMO

ETA: I know what smog is, but I don't know how to smog a vehicle. I know some of y'all think I'm a dumb redneck, but I'm really not. I just don't know what involves smogging a vehicle.

California emissions standards are amongst the toughest in the U.S. Every two years we have to get our vehicles registered and smog certified, meaning our vehicle didn't let off more smog emissions then is allowed by the state. We had a sensor that gives the reading go bad and couldn't get a good reading as to what kind of emissions our vehicle was putting out, therefore we couldn't get it "smogged." He worked on it all day.

Awwww!!! Thanks so much everyone! I only meant a short break. lol :blushing:

I'm still around and always lurking/reading... Just don't want to burn myself out, or let frustration get to me when things hit close to home. It's not specifically anyone here that is bothering me - it's a large combination of things, (and especially some stuff I'm going through with my oldest daughter right now that has me on edge more than usual).

Thanks again for everyone's kind comments and support! I appreciate that so much! :grouphug: I'm truly humbled by what you've all said! :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member