CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe the answer lies with MR, but I have also been working hard this morning researching unsolved missing kids cases in Co and RSO's.<modsnip>? What was the felony charge of the RSO very close to MR and Vallecito lake? Did anyone find out? I couldn't find it. Please let me know. TIA.

Anyone find anything at all?

As to the press release and selectively believing LE. I know someone mentioned that they still felt like Dylan could have run away, despite the press release. I tend to believe the press release, but still keep it in the back of my mind that there may be a mistake. I think that's reasonable. JMO

Sniped for space.

I tried looking for info on the RSO as well. But none of the sites I went to said what he was convicted of. I find it strange that on the websites that none of the RSO's in the area have any info on what they were convicted of. Here, where I live you pull the RSO's up and it gives you exectly what and when they were convicted of and all their info.

If I knew zero about this case other than a Dad saying the fishing pole was gone and his son was missing when he came home, and they found him floating in the lake shortly thereafter, I would probably just assume it was a tragic accident.

If Dylan would have been found in the lake shortly after going missing with no signs of foul play that is probably how it would have went down.

I know we know much more about the phone communication stopping etc etc, but say if we knew nothing else but a fishing pole missing, boy found in the lake and knew nothing of the history of the family or the father.

When was the last press release?

In no MSM account did I read that MR was drinking alcohol on Sunday night or Monday morning. Did I miss this? It's an important piece of the puzzle for me if I did.

There is no MSM account f MR doing much of anything!
BASICALLY everything about MR is speculation.
I suspect alcohol consumption because he was drinking the night before a supposed poly. It says something to me!
What are the odds?

Ofcourse he wouldn't be texting the grandma.He would have asked his friend to ask his grandma.The only other thing I can think of is that Dylans phone battery went dead or dad took his phone and was not letting Dylan go see his friends or call them so Dylan left after his dad left to go see his friend,excepted a ride and was abducted.

He also had an iPod, landline, and computer he could have used to get ahold of his friend.

I would think if there was a we they know who it is.
If there is a we this would also be a reason for LE not to show MR in the
Walmart video!

To me its very odd to say we picked him up when it was I!
Just like shaking your head no and saying yes!

Out of all of Mark's behaviors, the "we got Dylan" comment is the most interesting. If I were LE, it is something I would examine - because it may be a manner of speech but it may not.

What if the videos at Walmart (and surely there were more than one) showed someone speaking with Mark and/or Dylan at Walmart? And then maybe there is no proof that the someone accompanied or followed or beat them (remember the window starts at 7pm) to the house? So maybe LE has a person that might fit the "we" but no proof that they were at the house and so have not pulled that name into the public while still investigating? In my opinion, that scenario fits both the "something happened in the house or Dylan somehow left the house and something happened to him" theories. Because without knowing for sure this person made it to the house, they cannot pin a time for when something happened to Dylan - Sunday night or Monday morning.

I play out a Monday morning scenario as this person bumps into Mark and Dylan at Walmart and learns Dylan is in town and learns Mark is going to run errands in the morning. Does not come to the house Sunday night. The 6:30am plans discussion were texted right around the time Dylan and Mark were arriving at the house so this person doesn't know about the new arrangement and thinks Dylan will be alone at the house until his dad gets back. Dylan sleeps in. This person comes to the house in the morning after Mark leaves, takes Dylan (voluntarily under some pretense/involuntarily) and leaves. Mark has no reason to suspect this person.

My :twocents:

Sniped for space.

I tried looking for info on the RSO as well. But none of the sites I went to said what he was convicted of. I find it strange that on the websites that none of the RSO's in the area have any info on what they were convicted of. Here, where I live you pull the RSO's up and it gives you exectly what and when they were convicted of and all their info.

Part of that is that Colorado criminal records are only accessible through Lexis and unless you're a lawyer or law student, access to such is costly. The RSO closest to MR was rounded up on a federal child *advertiser censored* charge. I am certain that if LE checked out ANY RSOs, they checked out him based on proximity and victim profile. No idea about convictions or prison time though.

When was the last press release?

News Release: LPCSO Update on Investigation of Disappearance of Dylan Redwine
Date/ Time: 4:00PM MST Tuesday March 19th 2013
Source: Dan Bender, PIO La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Durango, Colorado

I do not have a distinct theory about what happened, however yours is the Occam's razor, making the least assumptions and it's the simplest.

IMO MOO I disagree that it is the Occam's razor because you have to assume that Dylan changed his plans which seemed to be so important to him and is one of the only documented pieces of evidence we have--that Dylan intended to get a ride from his dad and meet his friend at 6:30. These plans seemed to be very clearly stated. In the morning R was texting by 6:45, confused about why Dylan wasn't there. As far as we know Dylan and R had made a firm plan and that was their expectation for how the morning would play out.

If you accept that the plan changed and Dylan changed his mind and wanted to sleep instead, you'd have to assume that his cell died, because why would he not answer his friends text at 6:45? Also, you'd have to assume that he was unable to use any other electronic communication before he left the house.

Then you also have to selectively disbelieve MR's account of that morning in that MR said Dylan knew MR would be back at 11:30 to drive him.

You'd also have to assume that no one saw a 13 year old walking down the road that day hitching a ride.

You is not specific only general--referring mostly to me and what I would have to assume. I still respect your opinions and point of view. I am only offering my own thoughts. With nothing snarky or disrespectful intended at all.

Part of that is that Colorado criminal records are only accessible through Lexis and unless you're a lawyer or law student, access to such is costly. The RSO closest to MR was rounded up on a federal child *advertiser censored* charge. I am certain that if LE checked out ANY RSOs, they checked out him based on proximity and victim profile. No idea about convictions or prison time though.

Wowzers! That is very concerning. He's definitely on my list then. Even if LE has said all RSO's are cleared.

And what IF the boys fishing pole was found on the side of the lake? I'm not saying this is the case, but what IF? Would most presume it was an accidental drowning?

If Dylan is found in the lake, an autopsy will hopefully (depending on the condition of) be able to prove if this was a drowning. I also think location in the lake would play a factor as well as if the backpack was on and any other injuries that may or may not be attributed to the surrounding area.

He also had an iPod, landline, and computer he could have used to get ahold of his friend.

If Dylan went missing before his dad woke up,his dad would not need to lie about it as it would not make much difference whether Dylan disappeared before dad woke up or after dad left.Dad would have no reason to lie about when Dylan disappeared.
In my opinion,when I was Dylans age 7:45 in the morning was WAY too early to wake up to do anything.I and most of my friends slept anywhere from 10-11:00 am.
Could it be possible that Dylan was just in a hurry to leave and did not bother to check his texts?

If Dylan is found in the lake, an autopsy will hopefully (depending on the condition of) be able to prove if this was a drowning. I also think location in the lake would play a factor as well as if the backpack was on and any other injuries that may or may not be attributed to the surrounding area.

So what if a person is held under water until they drown? Would an autopsy show anything other than drowning? What if there are no other signs of injury? Would it be ruled an accidental drowning?

We all bring a framework of experience to our points of view and I'm no exception. I was married to an abuser for 4 years. Two of those years were suffering through the contentious divorce. I, as a domestic violence survivor, and as a woman who ultimately left that marriage not because what the man did to me, but because of what he did to my child, do not see MR in the same light as some of you.

In my eyes, in part from what his ex-wives have said about him, MR was not an ideal father nor an ideal husband. YET, these relationships he had lasted a long time, over a decade each. For some reasons we are prohibited from discussing, I also see MR as less assertive both socially and in an interpersonal sense than his ex-spouses. In his own home, perhaps he did stand his ground occasionally. His reticence to be in the forefront of this is not a sign, by itself, of guilt. As for CR, his anger seems to have been born after Dylan went missing. He went on vacation with his father when he was of age and not required to do so. He hugged his father at a vigil. What in the world happened to change him into an angry young man? His brother disappearing is enough to make anyone mad. I get that. But where I fall shy of complete belief or credibility for his expressed feelings is the suddenness of them and the certainty he (and others) have of Mark's involvement. When pressed, he (and others) are unable to be specific about the WHY of it. It leaves me scratching my head...

BBM
I understand and respect that each of us are allowed our personal opinions and that they do not nor need not agree with others.
Since it was mentioned, I have to ask, during your four years in an abusive marriage:
Did you ever hug or kiss your husband? If you did, did that mean that he was NOT abusive, ever? Or did it mean that he was not abusive at that moment?
Afterwards, did your child have visitation and hug or kiss the other parent, go on vacations?

As a survivor of abuse, IMO is would be known firsthand that the abuse is not 24/7, there are good times and bad times. The wine and roses period when after the abuse, the apologies come, the promises, the wonderful life and happy marriage that you (in general) really want is back. There is a cycle and those cycles get closer and closer as the abuse continues. The wine & roses period gets shorter and shorter.

A victim of domestic violence tends to blame themselves – next time I won’t do this because it sets him off, I should have done this better, I never should have mentioned that because it makes him mad.
Many abusers are masters at their control, the old saying no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, is very true. The life of the party can also be the nightmare at home.

I won’t speak for ER, but I do know that in my case, my strength and my assertiveness came AFTER the divorce and after therapy. I still coward when a man raises his hand, which may never change.

CR’s anger may have always been there, publicly we don’t know, or it could have grown from frustration over time.

I can be specific about WHY I believe that MR is involved. That is an in-depth conversation I have had with those that need to know WHY. It is up to the reader to take with them anything or nothing from what I may post; however, it is NOT up to the reader to disparage me or anyone else for not giving more details than I believe are safe to give on a public forum. Please keep in mind that WE are living this, while others are viewing this. If 6 out 7 people that have lived with MR believe that he has heavy involvement and the 7th is missing, there is reason for that and it is up to each to accept or not.

Thank you for the info.

IMO Cory has had a rocky relationship with his father for years. There have probably been ups and downs. I think only when more information came out and it become more apparent to him that MR was lying and changing stories and obviously trying to cover up something that he realized that he most likely did something to his brother. I believe that is where the hate for his father comes from. He believes his father is responsible for Dylan's disappearance. Do I blame him? Absolutely not!!

ALL MOO!

If Dylan went missing before his dad woke up,his dad would not need to lie about it as it would not make much difference whether Dylan disappeared before dad woke up or after dad left.Dad would have no reason to lie about when Dylan disappeared.
In my opinion,when I was Dylans age 7:45 in the morning was WAY too early to wake up to do anything.I and most of my friends slept anywhere from 10-11:00 am.
Could it be possible that Dylan was just in a hurry to leave and did not bother to check his texts?

Dylan, according to MR, had a bowl of cereal (bowl left by the sink) and IMO watched cartoons (MR said tv was on the Nick channel). I believe Dylan would have taken a few seconds and called his friend on the landline or used his ipod to text, or got on the computer to FB and say that he is running late. IMO

There is an endangered runaway boy from Castle Rock, 16 years. missing Dec 2012. I couldn't find any information, news articles or anything. It just made me wonder, as how easy it would have been to label Dylan an "Endangered Runaway" and I wonder how they really know, though I have to trust that LE knows. I just thought it might be something to look at different endangered runaways of that age. Maybe there is abduction involved or sex trafficking.

Someone asked recently about what we can do to make a difference. I heard one poster say--maybe on this thread, maybe on the Lyric/Elizabeth thread, that Websleuths is a form of "bearing witness". I really, really like that idea. I volunteered in a refugee camp during the Bosnian war and also worked with refugees in Syria during the Iraq war. I never in my life followed True Crime or participated in a forum. I felt kind of guilty about it at first, like maybe there's something unseemly about it. But that idea of "bearing witness" really touched a cord with me.

Sniped for space.

We have links to the RSO that lives at the corner of 500 & 501. He was busted for child *advertiser censored*. I'll have to do some research to find those links again.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member