CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping off your post.. MR did say on the Dr. Phil show that LE took sweat pants... jMO since it has been said Dylan's belonging where not there and ER had to get some things from CS for the LE with Dylan's scent.. That leads me to believe they where MR's pants..JMO

I guess the question would be why those sweat pants? Did they see something (maybe a stain) or something they thought suspicious or ??

Weren't they at his house for like 12 hours or something? I would assume they went through everything in that house with a fine toothed comb. Would they use luminol? Perhaps there was some blood on those sweats that they wanted to test? Just speculating. I can't figure out why else they would take them?

I guess the question would be why those sweat pants? Did they see something (maybe a stain) or something they thought suspicious or ??

Weren't they at his house for like 12 hours or something? I would assume they went through everything in that house with a fine toothed comb. Would they use luminol? Perhaps there was some blood on those sweats that they wanted to test? Just speculating. I can't figure out why else they would take them?

Didn't they find them on the couch Dylan slept on? If so then I wonder why they were on the couch and not in MR's room or the laundry room (if he has one). Maybe LE thought that was weird, IDK. Just thinking of possibilities. MOO

Speaking of the search. Wouldn't they have asked MR if Dylan touched anything in the house? Perhaps they did and that's why MR brought up Dylan going upstairs to get the DVD player. Would they be able to get some fingerprints or DNA off of it? Maybe that's how they confirmed that he was there?

I've never thought Dylan made it to the house but apparently LE thinks he did. To me it doesn't really matter either way and I don't think it changes the outcome.

Didn't they find them on the couch Dylan slept on? If so then I wonder why they were on the couch and not in MR's room or the laundry room (if he has one). Maybe LE thought that was weird, IDK. Just thinking of possibilities. MOO

Did they? I don't remember reading that. Maybe MR said Dylan slept in a pair of his sweatpants? Maybe that's where the confusing statements comes in about Dylan leaving something behind but it not having a pure enough scent of his for the dogs?

I think it is almost standard to take the clothes, computer & cell phone, but I wonder why not his shirt? I almost wonder if his shirt was missing.

I remember in the Somer Thompson case, Somer had walked across a yard of a house that was being renovated. The FBI went in and used luminol & the house end up having no connection to her death. Again, I don't know if there is a set criteria.

I think it is almost standard to take the clothes, computer & cell phone, but I wonder why not his shirt? I almost wonder if his shirt was missing.

I remember in the Somer Thompson case, Somer had walked across a yard of a house that was being renovated. The FBI went in and used luminol & the house end up having no connection to her death. Again, I don't know if there is a set criteria.

But they didn't do the search until 10 days after Dylan went missing. So why those sweat pants?

Did they? I don't remember reading that. Maybe MR said Dylan slept in a pair of his sweatpants? Maybe that's where the confusing statements comes in about Dylan leaving something behind but it not having a pure enough scent of his for the dogs?

I'll see if I can find where I read it.

I am hoping LE checked for finger prints on the DVD player and the toilet. You would think Dylan would have used it once and that it had been cleaned recently. MOO

I'll bet MR said Dylan slept in his sweatpants. I'll bet that's where the confusing statement about some things being left behind come in. But whatever it was didn't have a pure enough scent for the dogs. I'll just bet that's why they took those sweat pants and no other clothes to our knowledge. Wouldn't that make sense?

I'll bet MR said Dylan slept in his sweatpants. I'll bet that's where the confusing statement about some things being left behind come in. But whatever it was didn't have a pure enough scent for the dogs. I'll just bet that's why they took those sweat pants and no other clothes to our knowledge. Wouldn't that make sense?

Sorry I misunderstood, I believe they were MR's sweatpants. Haven't both MR & ER stated there was nothing left behind? It is very common to take the parent's clothing they were wearing.

Sorry I misunderstood, I believe they were MR's sweatpants. Haven't both MR & ER stated there was nothing left behind? It is very common to take the parent's clothing they were wearing.

Well don't quote me, but at first wasn't it stated that some of Dylan's belongings were left behind? Then there wasn't anything the dogs could use? If Dylan left behind his Dad's sweat pants they he slept in the night before (supposedly) perhaps that's where the confusing statements come in.

Or perhaps it was what MR was wearing at Walmart? But if LE believes that Dylan made it to the home than MR could have easily changed his clothes before what ever happened happened (if he did something that is).

It could just be that they asked MR what pants he was wearing the night before and wanted to test them for any fibers, or other evidence - without even seeing anything that was obvious...

Alternately, they could be keeping them as possible evidence in case DR is found, and there may be evidence on his person, or around him that could be linked to the clothing MR was supposedly wearing the night/day before...

I wonder what MR was wearing when he picked DR up from the airport? It could be that those sweats were taken because he was seen in the footage of Walmart wearing those pants. It would seem logical to me to want the clothing he was wearing the last time it can be proven DR was with him.

I don't think this question will be answered by LE until there is a possible court case though. It could definitely be part of the puzzle pieces they are slowly fitting together.

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

Well don't quote me, but at first wasn't it stated that some of Dylan's belongings were left behind? Then there wasn't anything the dogs could use? If Dylan left behind his Dad's sweat pants they he slept in the night before (supposedly) perhaps that's where the confusing statements come in.

Or perhaps it was what MR was wearing at Walmart? But if LE believes that Dylan made it to the home than MR could have easily changed his clothes before what ever happened happened (if he did something that is).

BBM

That's exactly what I came to think of - that they can prove he was wearing them at the time he was last seen with DR publicly (or even last observed by someone if there is an eyewitness that has confirmed DR's arrival at the home).

What really concerns me is that 10 days is an awful long time between DR's disappearance, and executing a search warrant at the last known probable place he was known to be at. So much time to clean anything, and everything. I'm aware that it's not so easy to clean up blood and such (esp. under carpeting or things like that), and that the luminol can still detect even faint traces. However, it's just the amount of time elapsed that makes me worry about how much evidence was tampered with or destroyed - even if MR wasn't responsible for his disappearance, if he was abducted from MR's home, how would they find evidence of that after 10 days?

My opinion hasn't changed as to who is responsible. I just worry there will be a lack of evidence to solidly convict... I pray that is not the case here.

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

I tried to find where they said they were on the couch, but I came up empty. :shrug: Guess I was wrong. Sorry.

Yes, I remember the stories didn't match with others & I just assumed it was bad reporting, now I'm not so sure lol. It would make sense that Dylan wore the sweat pants to bed, rather than LE taking Mark's pants & not shirt as well, assuming he wore a shirt to the airport...Walmart probably not that unusual judging by the "Walmart People" emails I get. :what::innocent:

Does LE use luminol at every house a person goes missing from or only if the suspect something? The moving of furniture is bugging me and I wonder if they did use it or not. JMO

They took sweat pants, a Samsung cell phone, and I think Mark's iPod. I think Mark said this during the Dr. Phil show. Mark did not say whom the sweat pants or phone belonged to. I don't think it was Dylan's phone or Mark would have been all over that and I think LE would have made that known.

Yes, I remember the stories didn't match with others & I just assumed it was bad reporting, now I'm not so sure lol. It would make sense that Dylan wore the sweat pants to bed, rather than LE taking Mark's pants & not shirt as well, assuming he wore a shirt to the airport...Walmart probably not that unusual judging by the "Walmart People" emails I get. :what::innocent:

That's what I don't understand. If they took what MR was wearing in the Walmart video why just the pants? That doesn't seem logical to me.

I tried to find where they said they were on the couch, but I came up empty. :shrug: Guess I was wrong. Sorry.

You're not wrong:

The next morning, Dylan was sleeping on the couch where Mark Redwine now sits and where Dylan's blankets still lie jumbled. Mark said he waited until 7:30 a.m. but still couldn't rouse his son, so he told him he would return about 11. When he got back at 11:30, his son's dirty cereal bowl was beside the sink. The television was on Nickelodeon. His son's fishing pole was gone. So was his black-and-gray backpack. A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch. http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_22108222

Interesting the article was date Dec. 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC