CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that a good number of us here on Websleuths know that well trained HRD dogs won't alert to dead animals but maybe Bender was counting on the majority of the citizens of La Plata county not knowing that fact.

I didn't know anything about HRD dogs until I joined Websleuths.

MOO.

That is true and most people would probably fall for that explanation. Obviously he said it so people wouldn't doubt them and become insistent on a continued lake search. I just don't know if it's because for some reason they decided it was unlikely that he was there or they were hoping a body would float shortly or they wanted to stall until spring, or general concern for everyone's safety? Or all of the above?

What if they found the pole, brought the dogs in...dogs got hits, then they brought in the SONAR and divers and during the search they found the owner of the fishing pole?

And jumping off of your post Coldhands, did Mark stay at his house after Dylan went missing and until LE executed the search warrant days later? In some situations the last place someone who is missing was seen is consider to be a crime scene and police keep it sealed until a search warrant is obtained.

Did that happen in this case? Did Mark leave the house on his own or did LE ask him to leave? Or did LE allow him to stay at a potential crime scene?

I believe he was allowed to stay there. At that point they thought Dylan was a runaway so why wouldn't they let him stay there?

MOO is the reporting of Dylan's missing to authorities on Monday, 11/19 was not at all in Mark's "plan" AND IMO it came as a shock to him that it played out so quickly..IMO he wasn't expecting that at all..

Jmo but as I mentioned above the fact that Elaine IMMEDIATELY involved LE was something that Mark did not at all expect or anticipate..ie. the whole once I contacted ELAINE she made it into something much bigger(my paraphrasing)..

Regarding how long Mark would have been able to go without reporting Dylan's missing.. moo is that its obvious that it would not take long at all..his friend, RN had already text Sunday night and never got a reply and then immediately texting within literally minutes of the time Dylan was supposed to arrive Monday morning(RN text@6:46am when Dylan hadn't shown up@6:30am as was planned).. along with Elaine having text both Sunday night and Monday morning..MOO is that Mark absolutely knew that it was a minimal amount of time that he could keep Dylan's not being available to himself..

But imo Mark never dreamed that his merely asking around about anyone having seen Dylan during that Monday..IMO he never dreamed that would IMMEDIATELY lead to LE contact, missing report filed, and therefor LE involvement.. NEVER DID HE THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN IMMEDIATELY..

And imo this is exactly why we've heard Mark's opinion on the events of that evening and night being described with oozing sarcasm of once Elaine got word she really blew it into something much bigger...

And that's fine to be in whatever proverbial fence position that you(you in general, not personalized) desire..its our prerogative to what position we choose to have and to freely express and discuss.. I know I certainly have no desire to even attempt to change, sway, or convince anyone of anything, but rather am only interested in discussing the details, info, etc that we have wrt the case.. and hoping that the behind the scenes goings on are going to soon lead to Dylan's being found..

As far as Mark Redwine being a "smooth criminal"(my choice of words..lol) is IMO not even a possibility, nor IMO is a "Smooth criminal" necessary to have evaded arrest at a present point in time.. Really one need not look any further than some of the cases right here at WS.. to give one quick example, Satsuma, FL, Haleigh Cummings, and a group of extremely Unsophisticated, UNeducated, UNsmoothest of criminals ever.. yet Haleigh has been "disappeared" for now OVER 4 YEARS!..4 YEARS NO HALEIGH, AND 4 YEARS NO ARREST OR CHARGES FOR HALEIGH'S "DISAPPEARANCE" AKA MURDER...

moo is its far, far, far from necessary for the perpatrator of murders such as these to be sophisticated, clever, bright, "smooth criminals"..in fact IMO proof is that its just the opposite many, many times.. no smarts, no intelligence necessary to get away with these type murders sometimes temporarily, sometimes for great lengths of time, and sadly even sometimes for the remainder of their lives..

I could not agree more..there IMO is no elaborate, genius, smooth criminal at work here..

YEP!..YOU BET LE IS WITHOLDING INFO FROM US, AS WELL THEY SHOULD!

An Extra Large Thank You for this post! I have never thought that there was a premeditation aspect to WHATEVER happened, but I completely agree that it was a complete surprise to Mark that things spiraled as quickly as they did. I especially appreciated your shedding some light on the comments MR repeatedly made regarding how upset ER got once she heard Dylan was missing. Like once he contacted Elaine, (my paraphrasing) 'that's when all hell broke loose!' Wasn't that EXACTLY what you would want to happen if your child was missing? But not until this post, did I understand it to also mean that he didn't expect "hell to break loose" for at least a few more hours or days. I didn't even think about the implications of his words other than the obvious tension between the two.

Everything else on the post too, ditto!

My sincere apologies if anyone is offended by the post I did make... As you said there are much more detailed descriptions available through Google as to many of the questions that were brought up in the last few pages. If any of you think even I went too far in description, please alert a mod and if they want to delete anything I'm more than fine with it...

I tend to get "clinical" at times in regard to these things, but sometimes forget that it's not so easy for others to emotionally separate themselves -- especially the family and friends here... I am sorry for any further pain I may have caused. I will really try to be more sensitive to that...

I hope the mods don't delete it -- very informative thank you.

I believe he was allowed to stay there. At that point they thought Dylan was a runaway so why wouldn't they let him stay there?

Did Mark or Elaine tell LE that they felt he had runaway? I don't recall them doing that. And if they did not give LE that as a possible reason for his disappearance then LE shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion.

In my opinion they should have treated Mark's home as a crime scene.

MOO.

That is true and most people would probably fall for that explanation. Obviously he said it so people wouldn't doubt them and become insistent on a continued lake search. I just don't know if it's because for some reason they decided it was unlikely that he was there or they were hoping a body would float shortly or they wanted to stall until spring, or general concern for everyone's safety? Or all of the above?

What if they found the pole, brought the dogs in...dogs got hits, then they brought in the SONAR and divers and during the search they found the owner of the fishing pole?

Maybe Bender knows someone dumped pigs into the lake... (some HRD dogs are trained on pig) :floorlaugh:

Did Mark or Elaine tell LE that they felt he had runaway? I don't recall them doing that. And if they did not give LE that as a possible reason for his disappearance then LE shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion.

In my opinion they should have treated Mark's home as a crime scene.

MOO.

Yes they should have but they didn't...for 10 days!

I don't think it's unusual for any LE to assume a teenager ran away to begin with. Teenagers are known to run away. I don't know that it's anything Elaine or MR might have said. I'm sure they could probably see lack of concern on MR's part and that could have lead them that way.

Maybe Bender knows someone dumped pigs into the lake... (some HRD dogs are trained on pig) :floorlaugh:

He said that the dogs may have alerted to deer or elk. If he said pig then I could understand your point.

Well trained HRD dogs are trained with actual human tissues including blood. Dogs trained with pig remains or pseudo scents are not to be considered well trained.

I don't think that we know how well trained all of the dogs are that alerted at the lake but I would be surprised if all of them were not trained properly. I say that because there were two different groups that had alerts at the lake.

We still don't know what the source of the HRD dog alerts is.

MOO.

He said that the dogs may have alerted to deer or elk. If he said pig then I could understand your point.

Well trained HRD dogs are trained with actual human tissues including blood. Dogs trained with pig remains or pseudo scents are not to be considered well trained.

I don't think that we know how well trained all of the dogs are that alerted at the lake but I would be surprised if all of them were not trained properly. I say that because there were two different groups that had alerts at the lake.

We still don't know what the source of the HRD dog alerts is.

MOO.

I agree. (and I also see that my humor doesn't translate well)

Dan Bender, La Plata County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer, said. "However, since that house was the last place Dylan was seen, it is only prudent to do a more thorough search of that house and property for any information that can help direct us to Dylan."

Investigators searched Mark's home initially last week. Thursday's search was considered more thorough.

Thursday morning, Mark told 9NEWS he was going to spend the day with FBI and CBI investigators.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/302104/339/Feds-search-missing-teens-dads-home

I thought the day the searched Mark's house is also the day he had his "in-depth" interview.

I don't get Bender's statement at all. SURELY being in law enforcement he knows the odds of not one but TWO dogs getting hits on the lake in error is very very low. And to suggest it might have been an animal almost sounds ignorant to me (no offense Mr Bender). Surely he would know they these dogs are trained not to hit on dead animals? Could you imagine if they did? They would be virtually useless because there are dead animal remains all over the place!

Budget...maybe? Or perhaps just stalling for time in the hopes that if a body were in there it would eventually rise to the surface and would be much easier to recover (and less costly).

All imo of course, but it could be that he downplayed the dogs' hits in order to appease the public, and limit scrutiny as the general public might not have understood all of the factors involved that made diving the lake so dangerous in the first place. Budget would definitely factor in, but I don't think that would be the main reason.

Also, saying that it could be an animal carcass - which he most assuredly knows wouldn't be alerted to the same way by an HRD dog - might have been to attempt to lull someone into a false sense of security...

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

Yes they should have but they didn't...for 10 days!

I don't think it's unusual for any LE to assume a teenager ran away to begin with. Teenagers are known to run away. I don't know that it's anything Elaine or MR might have said. I'm sure they could probably see lack of concern on MR's part and that could have lead them that way.

I would hope that Elaine's frantic pleas for them to find her son would count for more than any indifference on Mark's part. Maybe I'm wrong but why would they only look at Mark's point of view?

I don't get it.

I would hope that Elaine's frantic pleas for them to find her son would count for more than any indifference on Mark's part. Maybe I'm wrong but why would they only look at Mark's point of view?

I don't get it.

I don't know that they did. I'm sure for the first few days Elaine didn't know what to think. I think at some point she figured MR was probably hiding him (with the history of this I can see why). And I don't think it's all that unusual for any LE to first assume a teenager ran away. Teenagers run away all the time.

Rosesfromangels, I love your posts.

But didn't LE say they got the text logs from Dylan's i-pod touch ? If he could text from it, he needed wi-fi, right?

I don't recall seeing that. Everything that I've seen suggests that Dylan only used his cell phone to text and not his I-Pod.

If you can find a link that says that Dylan used his I-Pod to text on Sunday or Monday, I think that we would all like to see it.

For me, if it's proven that Dylan did use his I-Pod to text someone, that will change how I look at this case.

But didn't LE say they got the text logs from Dylan's i-pod touch ? If he could text from it, he needed wi-fi, right?

I believe it was worded something like 'LE was able to find Dylan's iPod texting account'.

Now...the question is, why mention this at all if it's not relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne