CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:what:I believe that if someone is going to accuse another of something nefarious, they should probably have a bit of fact to back up their heaping helping of opinion. Isn't that what we base OUR discussions on??

CR needs some fact to back his opinion, IMO.

I think CR has told some of his facts, such as his father taking him & Dylan twice before. The rest of his facts, he only needs to tell to LE. :moo:

Why would a child be immune from having a day where everything just seems to go wrong? My teens often think they have the worst days in history. When little ones in my class are teary about their misfortunes I often read them the picture book called 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day'

Obviously whatever happened to Dylan eventually is much more serious than the possible run of events which led up to that, and I am in no way trying to minimise that.

Again, I am NOT making light of anything surrounding Dylan's case. Nor defending anyone either - IMO it's offensive to be continually labeled a defender or supporter (or worse) just because you can see or speculate about other possibilities.
:moo:

O/T but that was my youngest son's very favourite book...

The string of bad luck or coincidences has been questioned many times here over the past months, and I have always wondered why it seems so unbelievable - do other people not have days where everything really does go wrong?? I am not being facetious or trivialising this at all, but stuff does just happen.
Scroll on by if you are offended by unrelated stories - I'm describing a string of coincidences experienced by me personally.

Two days ago I had one of those days and thought it would never end:
- running kind of late for work to begin with after getting slow teens moving,
- noticing the fuel tank on empty rather early in my 30 minute drive to work,
- stopping for fuel and having every bank/credit card I own declined,
- being held up for 20 minutes at road works,
- arriving at school 10 minutes after classes had begun and racing into my class only to fall flat on my face in the middle of the room,
- fighting with all manner of rather vital technology for the rest of the day, including computers, smartboards and ipads that just would not work.
Seriously by midday I was sitting at my desk wondering why I had even bothered getting out of bed that day. The thing is that it's not the first time I have had a day like that, so I am surprised that others find a few coincidences in Dylan's case so unbelievable.

Again, I'm not minimising the tragedy of whatever has happened to Dylan, just offering an opinion about one aspect of our discussion here.

I have had days like that before and in retrospect I laugh when I remember them because it's all you can do. I have had days like this numerous times. Leave to pay the water bill, get all the way to the office only to find I don't have the bill, get back in car go home, only to find it not where I left it, tear the house up looking for it, only to find I overlooked it in my purse. Add kids into the mix and things like this seem to happen more often. The saddest part of all, by that time when you run into your next instance of awfulness, your story usually begins with, "have you ever had one of those days..." and your mind immediately goes to, "can anything else go wrong today?"

In the big scheme of things, I don't care who said what, who did what, all I want is for Dylan to be found and returned home alive and safe. That's the point of all this, isn't it???

I think CR has told some of his facts, such as his father taking him & Dylan twice before. The rest of his facts, he only needs to tell to LE. :moo:

BBM
Ha! I know early on I said I didn't care if MR wasn't talking to the press, as long as he was talking to LE. Anyway, carry on....

There are many facts that have been discussed throughout all 46 threads. The totality of facts, all the tiny pieces, pretty much add up to a very good circumstantial case. There is probably also some evidence that the public is not aware of, but regardless, many cases have been brought to satisfactory conclusion simply based on circumstantial evidence. I do believe LE is building one as we speak as they wait for spring thaw. Like one giant puzzle. It's just a matter of time.

I think that the dispute between Mark and Cory in regards to the fishing pole is where it was last located when Mark noticed it was missing.

Cory said it was in the garage and Mark said it was in the house. I don't know how Cory could say for sure where is was at when he didn't live there.

As for Mark's claim, I think that he could be mistaken where it was before he noticed it was gone. MOO.

I believe MR wants everyone to believe Dylan took the fishing pole and that's how he's going to be located __ in water.

Cory knows his Father and where everything's located in the garage, and MR routine of traveling from the inside to outside of the house, and once MR came up with the story concerning how he noticed the fishing pole missing, it probably made the hair stand up on Cory's neck from MR lying.

Most of us saw the uncut interview of MR living room and the TV, I didn't notice his fishing pole or any fishing tackle box or fishing net next to the TV, so why would Dylan's Fishing pole have been there ?

And who stands fishing poles next to there TV sets ?

Thats what kitchens are for, as demonstrated with MR loaded shotgun laying on the kitchen table.

There are many facts that have been discussed throughout all 46 threads. The totality of facts, all the tiny pieces, pretty much add up to a very good circumstantial case. There is probably also some evidence that the public is not aware of, but regardless, many cases have been brought to satisfactory conclusion simply based on circumstantial evidence. I do believe LE is building one as we speak as they wait for spring thaw. Like one giant puzzle. It's just a matter of time.

I think that this case is weak on circumstantial evidence so far. I think that's why there has been no arrest yet.

Maybe there is some forensic evidence that was obtained during the search warrant that can help. But since we are not privileged to see what was or wasn't obtained it's hard to say. MOO.

I believe MR wants everyone to believe Dylan took the fishing pole and that's how he's going to be located __ in water.

Cory knows his Father and where everything's located in the garage, and MR routine of traveling from the inside to outside of the house, and once MR came up with the story concerning how he noticed the fishing pole missing, it probably made the hair stand up on Cory's neck from MR lying.

Most of us saw the uncut interview of MR living room and the TV, I didn't notice his fishing pole or any fishing tackle box or fishing net next to the TV, so why would Dylan's Fishing pole have been there ?

Thats what kitchens are for, as demonstrated with MR loaded shotgun laying on the kitchen table.

BBM

sorry, couldn't resist.....to get better reception or to use as an antenna? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think that this case is weak on circumstantial evidence so far. I think that's why there has been no arrest yet.

Maybe there is some forensic evidence that was obtained during the search warrant that can help. But since we are not privileged to see what was or wasn't obtained it's hard to say. MOO.

Just so you know, forensic evidence is circumstantial evidence. Pretty much everything except eye witnesses or co-conspirators fall under the heading of circumstantial evidence.

Bumping JBean's post and asking you all to read it again.

Please stop the CR, MH discussions. You may discuss what has been in MSM or put out by LE. Everything else is OFF THE TABLE.

Salem

This is posted one page back....

Just so you know, forensic evidence is circumstantial evidence. Pretty much everything except eye witnesses or co-conspirators fall under the heading of circumstantial evidence.

You are correct. However, I think some have mistaken opinions for evidence period.

BBM
He hasn't done a good job of convincing me of that.

In fact he seems to react to questions with things like saying he keeps the fishing pole next to the TV to counteract people who question his story.

It doesn't work for me. I think that he's trying to be overly defensive. MOO.

But how does Cory know? When was the last time Cory was at MR's house?

Who stands fishing poles next to their TV sets? I don't know, maybe someone who was hoping to go fishing with his son? Maybe someone who isn't all that into housekeeping? Who cares? If Dylan is found clutching the fishing pole, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. For now, the fishing pole is as relevant as what DR ordered from McDonalds.

Kitchens ARE for shotguns, you are right there.

Both direct and circumstantial evidence carry equal importance in a criminal case. Direct and circumstantial evidence are presented to the court by the defense and the prosecution in an attempt to prove their version of the facts in question.

Circumstantial evidence is any indirect evidence of a fact that helps to establish the guilt or innocence of a defendant through reasoning.

Circumstantial evidence is the result of combining seemingly unrelated facts that, when considered together, infer a conclusion that supports a litigant’s version of the facts. The inference provoked from circumstantial evidence must flow logically, reasonably, and naturally from the facts presented.
Criminal prosecutors often rely heavily on circumstantial evidence to prove their case. Some legal experts would even argue that circumstantial evidence could carry more weight in a case than direct evidence.

ETA: http://www.criminal-law-lawyer-source.com/terms/circum-evidence.html

Yes, I'm aware of that. I stand by my original post.

I love good circumstantial case's because they have a lot of evidence that can be used to evaluate who is guilty or not.

Both direct and circumstantial evidence carry equal importance in a criminal case. Direct and circumstantial evidence are presented to the court by the defense and the prosecution in an attempt to prove their version of the facts in question.

Circumstantial evidence is any indirect evidence of a fact that helps to establish the guilt or innocence of a defendant through reasoning.

Circumstantial evidence is the result of combining seemingly unrelated facts that, when considered together, infer a conclusion that supports a litigant’s version of the facts. The inference provoked from circumstantial evidence must flow logically, reasonably, and naturally from the facts presented.
Criminal prosecutors often rely heavily on circumstantial evidence to prove their case. Some legal experts would even argue that circumstantial evidence could carry more weight in a case than direct evidence.

http://www.criminal-law-lawyer-source.com/terms/circum-evidence.html

Thought people might want the link for the information you posted.

I'd guess that people who live in mountain/forest cabins probably store all sorts of outdoor hobby equipment in their homes - and a man on his own would probably keep it where ever he chooses without regard for what others think is the norm.

Thank you for your comment. This is what I was wondering about as well. Perhaps Mark had planned a fishing trip or knew that Dylan would want to fish with his friends, and got out the pole in anticipation.

MR didn't even have Thanksgiving planned out !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892