CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dylan went missing before his dad woke up,his dad would not need to lie about it as it would not make much difference whether Dylan disappeared before dad woke up or after dad left.Dad would have no reason to lie about when Dylan disappeared.
In my opinion,when I was Dylans age 7:45 in the morning was WAY too early to wake up to do anything.I and most of my friends slept anywhere from 10-11:00 am.
Could it be possible that Dylan was just in a hurry to leave and did not bother to check his texts?

But Dylan and R had plans. Plans for 6:30 in the morning. Dylan would know that Ryan would expect him. It's not like he was just going to pop by unannounced, so there would be no reason for him not to check his texts, not to try to contact him.

And I can't imagine him setting out to walk there. It's not like it was down the road, or even a mile or two away. It was 20 miles... that's way too far to walk, and Dylan would know that. And the "I'll just start walking and hitch a ride" idea doesn't fly for me either, because what kind of guarantee would he have that anyone would stop? Just because you walk along and stick your thumb out doesn't mean anyone is going to stop and give you a ride. You don't want to exhaust yourself walking several miles and realize you are too far to go back, but too tired to go on. Especially if your phone isn't working and you have no way of calling someone to come and get you. It would make much more sense to wait a couple of hours and get a sure ride.

All MOO, but the leaving to walk or hitch a ride idea just doesn't fly with me, because it's just too far. (And I say this as someone who was on the fence for a very long time, and tried hard to think of a way to logically make that idea work in my mind. But I never could. I cannot come up with a reason that is rational to me for either the complete lack of communication from Dylan after Sunday evening, or his choosing to leave on his own.)

As always, JMO.

News Release: LPCSO Update on Investigation of Disappearance of Dylan Redwine
Date/ Time: 4:00PM MST Tuesday March 19th 2013
Source: Dan Bender, PIO La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Durango, Colorado

OK. Thanks. Yes, I read that one.

If Dylan is found in the lake, an autopsy will hopefully (depending on the condition of) be able to prove if this was a drowning. I also think location in the lake would play a factor as well as if the backpack was on and any other injuries that may or may not be attributed to the surrounding area.

I agree but I don't know that MR would have known that and if he did know that he may have done things to address that.

snipped for space
I would think so too. 6:30 is crazy early for a 13 year old in my opinion. But we have the documented text messages and they very clearly express an eagerness and a firmness in the plan to meet at 6:30. Dylan is persistent that he means it, R better wake up. According to what we know and what is documented, Dylan had a firm, set plan to be there. It's totally reasonable that Dylan could have changed his mind and slept in, but we'd just have to make that assumption which negates the info we have.

It's also possible he could have been in a hurry and didn't check his texts, but again, what we know about Dylan is that he texts all the time. MR describes it it, ER says it, and we see for ourselves he was very engaged in texting. So, we'd have to assume a behavior that seems different from the norm. JMO

But I do not think it is unreasonable what you have speculated at all. I respect your opinion and am only expressing why I would doubt that scenario, but not rule it out. JMO

I think he woke up soon after his dad left,turned the TV on while he ate his cereal,then left after he ate his cereal hoping to get to his friends house before his dad got back.It was still very early in the morning so he did not text his friend because his friend was probably still asleep.
He also didn't want to burden his friends grandma early in the morning for a ride.

BBM

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't R text to D during the hour of 8pm exchanges that he wanted D to text him when he got to R's Gma's home? I will go back and look for the exchange, but I'm pretty sure that there was discussion about how D was going to get R to answer the door as they didn't want to wake R's Gma up as he was going to be dropped off very early the next morning when it was planned during the exchange with R.

Again, I will go and check the text exchange between D and R to see exactly what the plan was, and I'll quote it here after I do.

BBM
I understand and respect that each of us are allowed our personal opinions and that they do not nor need not agree with others.
Since it was mentioned, I have to ask, during your four years in an abusive marriage:
Did you ever hug or kiss your husband? If you did, did that mean that he was NOT abusive, ever? Or did it mean that he was not abusive at that moment?
Afterwards, did your child have visitation and hug or kiss the other parent, go on vacations?

As a survivor of abuse, IMO is would be known firsthand that the abuse is not 24/7, there are good times and bad times. The wine and roses period when after the abuse, the apologies come, the promises, the wonderful life and happy marriage that you (in general) really want is back. There is a cycle and those cycles get closer and closer as the abuse continues. The wine & roses period gets shorter and shorter.

A victim of domestic violence tends to blame themselves – next time I won’t do this because it sets him off, I should have done this better, I never should have mentioned that because it makes him mad.
Many abusers are masters at their control, the old saying no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, is very true. The life of the party can also be the nightmare at home.

I won’t speak for ER, but I do know that in my case, my strength and my assertiveness came AFTER the divorce and after therapy. I still coward when a man raises his hand, which may never change.

CR’s anger may have always been there, publicly we don’t know, or it could have grown from frustration over time.

I can be specific about WHY I believe that MR is involved. That is an in-depth conversation I have had with those that need to know WHY. It is up to the reader to take with them anything or nothing from what I may post; however, it is NOT up to the reader to disparage me or anyone else for not giving more details than I believe are safe to give on a public forum. Please keep in mind that WE are living this, while others are viewing this. If 6 out 7 people that have lived with MR believe that he has heavy involvement and the 7th is missing, there is reason for that and it is up to each to accept or not.

:cheers::dance::takeabow::yourock::tyou::guitar::goodpost::thewave::Banana1:

I think he woke up soon after his dad left,turned the TV on while he ate his cereal,then left after he ate his cereal hoping to get to his friends house before his dad got back.It was still very early in the morning so he did not text his friend because his friend was probably still asleep.
He also didn't want to burden his friends grandma early in the morning for a ride.

Why would he not text his friend BACK, I can understand not texting because you believe someone was asleep but R had already sent DR a text IIRC at 645 am
DR knew that R lived 18 miles away, he's an intelligent child and I don't believe that DR would think he could walk 18 miles in less than 4 hours

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1149

Does anyone know (without digging threw 5 pages on the media thread) if this is the first press release where it is NOT mentioned that Mark continues to be cooperating with the investigation?

TIA

also, no mention in the statement to Dr. Phil

The La Plata County Sheriff's Department has issued the following statement regarding the investigation into Dylan's disappearance:

“The investigation for locating Dylan Redwine is still open, ongoing, and active. We’ve even had investigators from out of state, this week, following up on tips. The frustrating part is that we are not much farther along than where we were early on in the investigation, because of the total lack of clues left behind. It has been a criminal investigation from the first evening Dylan was reported missing. Within the first few days, we were working closely with the FBI and within the first week, we assembled a task force comprised of local, state and federal agencies. This task force is still currently in place and pursuing the investigation. We have not identified anyone as a person of interest or as a suspect during the entire investigation.”

http://drphil.com/shows/show/1988/

Just my opinion but kids can be flaky at 13 and can do wild things.When I was 13 me and my friends loved to hike in the woods.We would start out on a trail just to see how far it would take us.Sometimes a trail would divide and it was always interesting to see where it would take us.We would spend HOURS and HOURS hiking in the woods because we didn't have to be back till supper time.Kids at 13 have LOTS of energy,boys even more.I don't see anything odd with him deciding to walk to his friends house.At 13 you look at it like a fun adventure.

I think he just didn't check his texts and was in a hurry to leave before his dad got back.

If 6 out 7 people that have lived with MR believe that he has heavy involvement and the 7th is missing, there is reason for that and it is up to each to accept or not.

This sentence right here pretty much says it all.

:grouphug: azgrandma.

BBM
I understand and respect that each of us are allowed our personal opinions and that they do not nor need not agree with others.
Since it was mentioned, I have to ask, during your four years in an abusive marriage:
Did you ever hug or kiss your husband? If you did, did that mean that he was NOT abusive, ever? Or did it mean that he was not abusive at that moment?
Afterwards, did your child have visitation and hug or kiss the other parent, go on vacations?

As a survivor of abuse, IMO is would be known firsthand that the abuse is not 24/7, there are good times and bad times. The wine and roses period when after the abuse, the apologies come, the promises, the wonderful life and happy marriage that you (in general) really want is back. There is a cycle and those cycles get closer and closer as the abuse continues. The wine & roses period gets shorter and shorter.

A victim of domestic violence tends to blame themselves – next time I won’t do this because it sets him off, I should have done this better, I never should have mentioned that because it makes him mad.
Many abusers are masters at their control, the old saying no one knows what goes on behind closed doors, is very true. The life of the party can also be the nightmare at home.

I won’t speak for ER, but I do know that in my case, my strength and my assertiveness came AFTER the divorce and after therapy. I still coward when a man raises his hand, which may never change.

CR’s anger may have always been there, publicly we don’t know, or it could have grown from frustration over time.

I can be specific about WHY I believe that MR is involved. That is an in-depth conversation I have had with those that need to know WHY. It is up to the reader to take with them anything or nothing from what I may post; however, it is NOT up to the reader to disparage me or anyone else for not giving more details than I believe are safe to give on a public forum. Please keep in mind that WE are living this, while others are viewing this. If 6 out 7 people that have lived with MR believe that he has heavy involvement and the 7th is missing, there is reason for that and it is up to each to accept or not.

The THANKS button wasn't enough!

I also think we are to somehow link our theories with some "back-up" facts. One of the mods posted something last night...

BBM

This speaks volumes (to me).

BBM

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't R text to D during the hour of 8pm exchanges that he wanted D to text him when he got to R's Gma's home? I will go back and look for the exchange, but I'm pretty sure that there was discussion about how D was going to get R to answer the door as they didn't want to wake R's Gma up as he was going to be dropped off very early the next morning when it was planned during the exchange with R.

Again, I will go and check the text exchange between D and R to see exactly what the plan was, and I'll quote it here after I do.

Had it pulled up...

Dylan: will you gma care or be up

R: Just come around to were the sliding door is were that room is and knock on it and i will wake up

R: (Time 9:27 p.m. Nov. 18) Call me when you get here too

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/A-boy’s-life--

If Dylan went missing before his dad woke up,his dad would not need to lie about it as it would not make much difference whether Dylan disappeared before dad woke up or after dad left.Dad would have no reason to lie about when Dylan disappeared.
In my opinion,when I was Dylans age 7:45 in the morning was WAY too early to wake up to do anything.I and most of my friends slept anywhere from 10-11:00 am.
Could it be possible that Dylan was just in a hurry to leave and did not bother to check his texts?

BBM

And yet, both boys made plans for Dylan to arrive at R's Grandmother's house at 6:30 am. Obviously neither of the boys thought it was too early for themselves. And, Mark was originally supposed to have left the house at 6am to drop DR off at R's G'ma's house at 6:30 and then have time to arrive at his appointments in town when his payroll office opened at 7am.

Not all kids sleep in half the day - particularly if there's somewhere they want to be. Many kids are in the habit of waking up rather early for school, even when they go to bed later in the evening...

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

Can you please explain why someone would want to direct LE to the lake if that's where they put their child's body? It would make more sense to try to lead them AWAY from the lake. Because I guarantee that if that's where Dylan's body is found, he's the first person they're going to look at. Not that they aren't looking at him already, but why would he insist that they search the lake if this is where he put Dylan? Most criminals don't want their victims' bodies found AT ALL, because there is always the possibility there will be some evidence that leads back to them.

If he wants to quit paying the child support then he needs the body to be found. And if he is found in the lake then Mark may assume that it will be deemed a fishing accident. But I don't think he is even in the lake. JMO

<modsnip>.
If 6 out 7 people that have lived with MR believe that he has heavy involvement and the 7th is missing, there is reason for that and it is up to each to accept or not.

Dylan is the one that is missing so how can be one of the 7 that believe his dad is involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717