CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the plan is to bring in SONAR and ROV's. That is all that is needed (no divers). The ROV can actually recover a body.

I thought that might be the case - that the ROV would be able to recover a body, but I wasn't sure. Thank you! It's definitely a relief that if divers could not get down there for whatever reason (depth + altitude) that there is still a way to recover remains.

I thought that might be the case - that the ROV would be able to recover a body, but I wasn't sure. Thank you! It's definitely a relief that if divers could not get down there for whatever reason (depth + altitude) that there is still a way to recover remains.

Take a look online...after viewing some of these sites this afternoon, my question isn't will they find anything with a ROV, it's why doesn't every jurisdiction with a body of water in it have one of these for searching? They seem very impressive. And expensive, which I'm sure is why they aren't used everywhere.

Yes technology is amazing nowadays. As stated on Rebecca's link, if there is a concern about disturbing a possible crime scene, once the ROV finds a body the safest method would be to have a diver descend to recover the body. But if that's not possible there are many safe methods the ROV can use to recovery the body.

I guess if a body were to be found they would make the decision at that time based on how deep the body is.

Take a look online...after viewing some of these sites this afternoon, my question isn't will they find anything with a ROV, it's why doesn't every jurisdiction with a body of water in it have one of these for searching? They seem very impressive. And expensive, which I'm sure is why they aren't used everywhere.

Thanks, Rebeccaeee - I have the link you posted open in another tab, but haven't looked at it yet. I think I caught up and replied to people who've quoted my posts at this point, so I will read it through now... Thanks much for the reference! I appreciate it.

I do think you are exactly right that the expense is what prevents most LE agencies from having access to this technology. Hopefully in the future it will be less expensive, and more will be able to use the technology - and have the money to train and hire those who would be responsible for it. I would hope that perhaps agencies like the CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) and other State agencies like that would be looking into acquiring this type of equipment. The budget constraints it seems all agencies are under at this point in time are serious though - depending upon where you are.

[My community is actually looking at a local tax surplus this year, and instead of returning it to the taxpayers they are looking into outfitting our police with more swat equipment - not that I'm necessarily complaining about the PD equipment - but there are other things the city council are looking to spend other amounts on that many of us residents feel would be better to leave alone and help the taxpayers in the city to stay afloat...]

I agree. It makes sense it would start from MR's and move out. Is that what occurred though? I would hope so. I think it would probably have to be LE's dogs unless he voluntarily allows another's dogs to search. I really don't know how that works.

O/T finally watched Imposter. Crazy. :what:

There is still that mention of a dog that picked up a scent on the road near MR's house in the FMDR page timeline. I know it hasn't been verified or described in any more detail - but it's a vague reference that I have always had in the back of my mind throughout this entire case.

Thanks, Rebeccaeee - I have the link you posted open in another tab, but haven't looked at it yet. I think I caught up and replied to people who've quoted my posts at this point, so I will read it through now... Thanks much for the reference! I appreciate it.

I do think you are exactly right that the expense is what prevents most LE agencies from having access to this technology. Hopefully in the future it will be less expensive, and more will be able to use the technology - and have the money to train and hire those who would be responsible for it. I would hope that perhaps agencies like the CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) and other State agencies like that would be looking into acquiring this type of equipment. The budget constraints it seems all agencies are under at this point in time are serious though - depending upon where you are.

[My community is actually looking at a local tax surplus this year, and instead of returning it to the taxpayers they are looking into outfitting our police with more swat equipment - not that I'm necessarily complaining about the PD equipment - but there are other things the city council are looking to spend other amounts on that many of us residents feel would be better to leave alone and help the taxpayers in the city to stay afloat...]

I'm feeling your pain. I actually get to live next-door to the first place in NC to have a DRONE added to the local LE tool kit. And we certainly don't have a budget surplus. I'm so thrilled....NOT! :furious:

I'm feeling your pain. I actually get to live next-door to the first place in NC to have a DRONE added to the local LE tool kit. And we certainly don't have a budget surplus. I'm so thrilled....NOT! :furious:

Oh man... Don't even get me started on drones!!! :furious:
As if there isn't enough to worry about in regard to protecting our Constitutional Rights in relation to Searches and Seizures, surveillance and the like already?:facepalm:

They are not only expensive, but things can happen to the bots and they cannot be cheap to maintain.(they get caught and have to be rescued themselves, they get broken, regular maintenance, etc) Plus, you would need someone who knows how to work one, interpret the screens, etc. It would not make sense for every jurisdiction with a body of water to have someone on duty full time, unless they have a lot of drownings. Often, it is more cost effective in the long run to contract an ROV company. And, not meaning anything against LE, but if the family is willing to pay for an ROV (and any family who can afford it, will), that frees up money for that LE agency that can be spent elsewhere in the department. IMO.

http://www.seabotix.com/

this web page (from the article rebeccaeee posted) has a news headline section with stories about the use of their products, from LE to the government.

Interesting stories.

....I am anxiously awaiting for the name of the team that will be coming to to the lake

They are not only expensive, but things can happen to the bots and they cannot be cheap to maintain.(they get caught and have to be rescued themselves, they get broken, regular maintenance, etc) Plus, you would need someone who knows how to work one, interpret the screens, etc. It would not make sense for every jurisdiction with a body of water to have someone on duty full time, unless they have a lot of drownings. Often, it is more cost effective in the long run to contract an ROV company. And, not meaning anything against LE, but if the family is willing to pay for an ROV (and any family who can afford it, will), that frees up money for that LE agency that can be spent elsewhere in the department. IMO.

BBM: true enough. I've been watching the vids for some ROV companies online and until they get to the actual intended object (be it a person or an item) I might as well be reading an ultrasound. Luckily, the techs will come with the equipment!

I'll say one thing, if Dylan's body is found, anywhere, it's going to be devastating. Not only for the family, that goes without saying but also for all of us who have worked this case and have an emotional interest in finding Dylan. FWIW.

I'll say one thing, if Dylan's body is found, anywhere, it's going to be devastating. Not only for the family, that goes without saying but also for all of us who have worked this case and have an emotional interest in finding Dylan. FWIW.

It always is, no matter how much I feel I am prepared for the reality of the worst it always hits me like a ton of bricks!

I have a question we haven't spoken much about (at least not recently - possibly discussed while I was offline for a couple months at the beginning of this year).

The following is ALL speculation and revolves around the assumption that MR is in some way responsible for DR's disappearance. I fully respect that others may not believe that to be likely, but for the purposes of these questions, that is what I am using as the likely scenario.

Even if DR is found in the lake, what about searching for a crime scene if something happened outside the home?

As MR continuously points out (rather strangely) the "fishing pole has never been found". I have wondered if the reason he keeps mentioning that is if - for instance - he perhaps hid the fishing pole somewhere close to his home, and delights in the fact that it hasn't been found. Sort of like a taunt to the police, or to others in the vein of "You haven't even found the fishing pole, and yet you want to suggest I had something to do with this?" (Note - that was not a quote of anything MR has said, it's a hypothetical statement as to what MR could be thinking.) His emphasis on the pole itself was especially apparent on the DP show and would go along with the interaction between CR and MR in regard to the fishing pole being noticed gone, and MR questioning why anyone would "...need law enforcement when we have you two" (direct quote from DP show). It struck me as a way to suggest that LE was somehow inept, or that ER and CR were the only ones with questions. As ER pointed out to him in regard to whether he went to DR's friends houses or not when she said, "Don't you think they've checked these things out?"

I know that I am doing a bit of mind-reading here, but it would make sense if in MR's mind the LPCSO, and CBI (and FBI) were incompetent. He has already accused (whichever agency administered the Polygraph) of using a non-qualified, incompetent analyst. (I would love to hear eventually that all this time the LE actually had said fishing pole, and kept that to themselves...).

I would also wonder about the backpack with "all of his belongings" in it that hasn't been found either. MR however, doesn't make a point of saying that the backpack hasn't been found, so that would indicate to me - in this hypothetical scenario - that he knows that the backpack and belongings are much better hidden, or have been otherwise destroyed.

Like I said though -- ALL of the above is speculation, and isn't intended to disregard others opinions of other likely scenarios.

I'm hoping there will be more searches now that the weather is warmer that might center on finding the fishing pole and backpack, and a possible crime scene apart from the lake or MR's home.

If at all possible, I think CR should discuss getting some searches started on foot when the weather clears in order to really check out the paths, and areas right around MR's home. Especially in areas that he has known his Dad to perhaps frequent. I cannot remember if it was ever confirmed that MR had an ATV or not, but I think it would be a good idea to search those trails and surrounding areas after the snow melts as well. Even if going by foot, it would be easier to stay on an ATV trail in the dark, vs. a footpath.

As always, all of the above is speculation and MOO! :cow:
I know people (in general) are tired of re-hashing the same old stuff, so in order to focus on things that might help us to secure the truth, and justice for DR, I do think that searches for his belongings, and a crime scene might be a good idea. Either before, or after, the search of the Lake.

Hi, findDylan. I don't know if you saw my post in regard to the way these departments work within CO after writing this post or not, so I just wanted to link you up to what I researched, and what I am personally knowledgeable about in regard to LE hierarchy in CO itself. Different states have different setups. Even in Colorado, there are 2 exceptions - Broomfield City and County, and Denver City and County which are combined, and set up differently than regular County and municipal LE agencies.

Anyway, here is a link to my post:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

Thank you. I just got back on and read it. Thank you so much for the information.

I have a question we haven't spoken much about (at least not recently - possibly discussed while I was offline for a couple months at the beginning of this year).

<snip>

Even if DR is found in the lake, what about searching for a crime scene if something happened outside the home?

As MR continuously points out (rather strangely) the "fishing pole has never been found". I have wondered if the reason he keeps mentioning that is if - for instance - he perhaps hid the fishing pole somewhere close to his home, and delights in the fact that it hasn't been found. Sort of like a taunt to the police, or to others in the vein of "You haven't even found the fishing pole, and yet you want to suggest I had something to do with this?" (Note - that was not a quote of anything MR has said, it's a hypothetical statement as to what MR could be thinking.) His emphasis on the pole itself was especially apparent on the DP show and would go along with the interaction between CR and MR in regard to the fishing pole being noticed gone, and MR questioning why anyone would "...need law enforcement when we have you two" (direct quote from DP show). It struck me as a way to suggest that LE was somehow inept, or that ER and CR were the only ones with questions. As ER pointed out to him in regard to whether he went to DR's friends houses or not when she said, "Don't you think they've checked these things out?"

<snip>

I would also wonder about the backpack with "all of his belongings" in it that hasn't been found either. MR however, doesn't make a point of saying that the backpack hasn't been found, so that would indicate to me - in this hypothetical scenario - that he knows that the backpack and belongings are much better hidden, or have been otherwise destroyed.

<snip>

I know people (in general) are tired of re-hashing the same old stuff, so in order to focus on things that might help us to secure the truth, and justice for DR, I do think that searches for his belongings, and a crime scene might be a good idea. Either before, or after, the search of the Lake.

Awhile back I speculated that I thought MR might want to keep Dylan close to home, so to speak, where he could have him near. This would make the lake a prime target to search. Also have read that narcissists very frequently think they are the smartest people in the room. That would fit with thinking they have outsmarted law enforcement. My thoughts on the fishing pole are that he may have planted it at the lake to lead LE there to make a quick discovery of Dylan and claim it all an accident. Your thoughts are intriguing! I also think the backpack was used to weight down a body in the lake. It sells the accident theory a bit more and MR still gets to know exactly where everything is. I'm going to think about a pole and a backpack and a phone being discovered out there in the wilderness though....can't rule it out and would welcome the discovery as evidence.

The following is ALL speculation and revolves around the assumption that MR is in some way responsible for DR's disappearance. I fully respect that others may not believe that to be likely, but for the purposes of these questions, that is what I am using as the likely scenario.

I know that I am doing a bit of mind-reading here, but it would make sense if in MR's mind the LPCSO, and CBI (and FBI) were incompetent. He has already accused (whichever agency administered the Polygraph) of using a non-qualified, incompetent analyst. (I would love to hear eventually that all this time the LE actually had said fishing pole, and kept that to themselves...).

Like I said though -- ALL of the above is speculation, and isn't intended to disregard others opinions of other likely scenarios.

I'm hoping there will be more searches now that the weather is warmer that might center on finding the fishing pole and backpack, and a possible crime scene apart from the lake or MR's home.

If at all possible, I think CR should discuss getting some searches started on foot when the weather clears in order to really check out the paths, and areas right around MR's home. Especially in areas that he has known his Dad to perhaps frequent. I cannot remember if it was ever confirmed that MR had an ATV or not, but I think it would be a good idea to search those trails and surrounding areas after the snow melts as well. Even if going by foot, it would be easier to stay on an ATV trail in the dark, vs. a footpath.

I will play along.

(Below is speculation as IF Mark killed his son....)
IF MR is responsible, I don't understand why he would mention the fishing pole in the first place. I guess if Dylan is found in that lake and it's determined he did drown and there are no signs of trauma, then his scheme worked. If, as some theorize, he mentioned the pole in hopes Dylan would be found quickly and it was chalked up to accident while fishing, then I do hope they find a crime scene or some evidence fpr justice for Dylan.

However, if he accidentally killed Dylan in a fit of rage, then I would think there would be some trauma on his body (Dylan's) and then I would wonder why MR would try to lead LE to the lake with the fishing pole story. Also, IF he killed him before putting him in the lake, it will be determined that he did not drown, right?

There's obviously always a crime scene when a crime is committed, but what kind of evidence could they find unless there was a lot of blood?

Hmm...No blood??

broken neck...

smothered

drugged

some head bashes, internal bleeding only

I'm sure there's more

:twocents:

A good punch in the right place in the gut, or back could rupture an internal organ..

Hmm...No blood??

broken neck...

smothered

drugged

some head bashes, internal bleeding only

I'm sure there's more

Yes, of course, those would be signs of trauma. I'm wondering what would be found AT the crime scene if there's no blood? I'm sure there are things that would be found. Lincoln Rhyme would find them. lol What obvious signs would lead to a crime scene if there is no blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne