CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've been reading (and sometimes writing) here, on FB and on other sites, I really think that Dylan will be found alive, someone will confess to murdering him (or being responsible for his disappearance somehow) or the closest they'll ever get to a conviction on anybody will be a hung jury. People seem to have very strong feelings about it one way or the other. Many people are totally convinced that MR is responsible, and I can't come up with anything short of finding Dylan alive or a confession by someone else that would change many of their minds. On the other hand, there are many people who are extremely reluctant to blame anyone without more solid evidence than there's ever likely to be. The only thing I can see changing many of their minds would also be a confession, or maybe Dylan being found alive and saying his father was responsible.

I could be wrong about it and just generalizing too much, but I'm just curious to know if anybody believes they could find a group of 12 people who wouldn't be so severely divided, or is it maybe just those of us who spend a lot of time on cases like this on the internet? I haven't noticed it in other cases I've followed. Is it always there and I just don't notice it, or is there something different about this case? If there is something different, I wonder if figuring out what the difference is might be helpful in anyway.

Sorry for rambling, again. It's not often that I have this place to myself and I couldn't help it! :blushing:

Where I live we have a tiny Police Dept. and Sheriff's Dept as well as State Police. We can call any of the numbers and who ever can respond the fastest does but if its a big issue they all often respond. A missing child complaint does not have to be made in person and both City and County respond. We had a situation like this last year here and response was swift. Thankfully the little boy was found within hours. I want DR to come home alive. Prayers for ER and DR's brothers. MOO

what would be found AT the crime scene

traces of a drug..

traces of other bodily fluids (where not expected to be found)

recent dents on furniture, wall, etc

? wonder if they even cursory examined MR for any bruises, scratches -on day 1

:twocents:

BBM: Hmmm... I brought that up a couple of weeks ago, and never saw a post responding. IF Dylan was choked/strangled, or beaten, I'm sure he would have struggled and fought back, thus leaving defensive wounds on his attacker.
Finding the crime scene now, if not in or around the home, would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. And it's possible that any blood or bodily fluids would have been erased by now from rain or snow.

I asked this a few days ago and if it got lost in the threads I didn't see an answer so I'll ask again. What ever became of the PI that Elaine hired??? Has anyone heard anything about anything he's found or hasn't found??? TIA.

Maybe because he handles investigations a bit more privately than that other PI did and doesn't post his findings on social media? I hope that if he has found anything of significance he has reported those things to LE.

:seeya: By the way, hello everyone! Haven't posted in awhile, but I've been reading along whenever I get a chance!

Another quote from Billie Jean Dunn: "I do know I do know there are so many people who do want to help and there's so many people who have their minds made up and there said that they don't care what kind of evidence is produced. They're not gonna change their minds and I just don't want to put me and Shawn right in the spotlight again. I want it on Hailey. I want it on Hailey we have all tried very hard to get Hailey in the spotlight"

Spotlight="focus", yes?

I asked this a few days ago and if it got lost in the threads I didn't see an answer so I'll ask again. What ever became of the PI that Elaine hired??? Has anyone heard anything about anything he's found or hasn't found??? TIA.

I don't think he is the type to give updates on social media of what he's found or not found.

According to his facebook, his father died in mid February. I don't see any more posts about Dylan besides his initial couple of posts.

https://www.facebook.com/bobby.brown.9674?fref=ts

He could have taken a break to grieve after losing his father, that would be perfectly understandable IMO

IMO he would be working quietly behind the scenes, if he's found anything I think he would tell LE first and foremost, which is as it should be. I wouldn't like to see a repeat of information hitting facebook before it was reported to LE.

Maybe because he handles investigations a bit more privately than that other PI did and doesn't post his findings on social media? I hope that if he has found anything of significance he has reported those things to LE.

:seeya: By the way, hello everyone! Haven't posted in awhile, but I've been reading along whenever I get a chance!

Hello there, its nice to see people who haven't been posting return, welcome back.

From what I've been reading (and sometimes writing) here, on FB and on other sites, I really think that Dylan will be found alive, someone will confess to murdering him (or being responsible for his disappearance somehow) or the closest they'll ever get to a conviction on anybody will be a hung jury. People seem to have very strong feelings about it one way or the other. Many people are totally convinced that MR is responsible, and I can't come up with anything short of finding Dylan alive or a confession by someone else that would change many of their minds. On the other hand, there are many people who are extremely reluctant to blame anyone without more solid evidence than there's ever likely to be. The only thing I can see changing many of their minds would also be a confession, or maybe Dylan being found alive and saying his father was responsible.

I could be wrong about it and just generalizing too much, but I'm just curious to know if anybody believes they could find a group of 12 people who wouldn't be so severely divided, or is it maybe just those of us who spend a lot of time on cases like this on the internet? I haven't noticed it in other cases I've followed. Is it always there and I just don't notice it, or is there something different about this case? If there is something different, I wonder if figuring out what the difference is might be helpful in anyway.

Sorry for rambling, again. It's not often that I have this place to myself and I couldn't help it! :blushing:

If a recovery is made, but no more evidence that what we presently know actually exists, I'm afraid this crime may never be prosecuted. It could go the way of the Lisa Irwin, Ayla Reynolds and Kyron Horman cases, with the majority of the public pretty sure who the guilty party is but with no justice in sight.

A verdict could hang on so many variables, jury selection, the oratory skill of the prosecutor, what evidence of past behavior is admissable, the temperament of the judge, the persuasiveness of the defense attorneys.

I've never followed a case where there wasn't a divided opinion. The cases mentioned above are still being debated on these boards as are Jon-Benet, Madelyn McCain, the West Memphis 3, the list goes on. Scott Peterson had his defenders and/or skeptics. There are those unsure of the involvement of Billie Jean Dunn and Shawn Adkins in the disappearance of her daughter.

Who could have predicted the outcome of the Casey Anthony trial? Some say that after OJ, Robert Blake, the Anthony trial, the failure to prosecute the Ramseys, the advent of the "CSI" effect, prosecutors are reluctant to bring less than iron clad cases to trial. I know I've given up predicting. All MOO.

the thing with juries is that they are privy to all the evidence (unless a prosecutor doesn't bring it up eg the C Anthony fiasco.

I sat on a jury a few years ago, we were all from different walks of life and with a variety of lifes experiences, we were able to reach a verdict based on the evidence that we heard.

I am praying Dylan is not found in the lake and he is alive somewhere. My hopes are seriously diminishing that Dylan will be found alive, but there is nothing wrong with hoping!

Theorizing - If Dylan is found in the lake, the question then would be how did he get in the lake?

Let's say Dylan left MR's with his fishing pole and all his belongings in tow. Dylan stopped to do some fishing and fell in the lake. How would all his belongings end up in the lake? I believe Dylan would have removed his backpack if he was fishing. The backpack would have been in the way of casting his fishing line. In my opinion, if this scenario occurred Dylan's backpack should have been found. Does anyone think Dylan's hat would have remained on his head and not floated to the surface?

Let's say Dylan left MR's with his fishing pole and all his belongings in tow. Dylan while walking to see his friends accidentally falls in the lake. Where are all of Dylan's belongings? If there was an accidental fall why hasn't the backpack or fishing pole surfaced? If Dylan fell in lake while conscious, he would have attempted to swim and again likely removed his backpack. In my opinion, his backpack would have been found below the water or found floating on the surface water. The fishing pole definitely would have been found. Again, does anyone believe Dylan's hat would have remained intact and not floated to the surface?

Maybe some of Dylan's belongings were found on the searches. LE has not shared any of their findings. In my opinion, if Dylan had an accident at the lake some of his belongings should have been found. Dylan's hat is one item that really makes me question if anything accidental happened at the lake.

The idea of Dylan going fishing that morning is beyond ludicrous to me, especially if he was without the ability to communicate with anyone. Even MR's ex, if you don't want to believe ER, made it sound as though Dylan never left the couch if he could help it. I think it is very unlikely that this boy who was "so hard to wake up" decided to head out on foot to fish or hike, when he could have remained on the sofa and wait for his ride.

I think the fishing pole deserves its own thread. Its become kind of famous. Taken on a life of its own lol.

I think the fishing pole deserves its own thread. Its become kind of famous. Taken on a life of its own lol.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: As well it should. If MR is guilty of anything, I believe that fishing pole is going to play a factor in his downfall. JMO

Once again I'm reminded of the wizard of oz. I don't believe there is a fishing pole that plays any part in Dylan's whereabouts. That is MOO.
But the fishing pole has become this fantastical almost magical little wizard that so much hinges on. Pull back the curtain and there's nothing there !
The pole of Oz !

I am praying Dylan is not found in the lake and he is alive somewhere. My hopes are seriously diminishing that Dylan will be found alive, but there is nothing wrong with hoping!

Theorizing - If Dylan is found in the lake, the question then would be how did he get in the lake?

Let's say Dylan left MR's with his fishing pole and all his belongings in tow. Dylan stopped to do some fishing and fell in the lake. How would all his belongings end up in the lake? I believe Dylan would have removed his backpack if he was fishing. The backpack would have been in the way of casting his fishing line. In my opinion, if this scenario occurred Dylan's backpack should have been found. Does anyone think Dylan's hat would have remained on his head and not floated to the surface?

Let's say Dylan left MR's with his fishing pole and all his belongings in tow. Dylan while walking to see his friends accidentally falls in the lake. Where are all of Dylan's belongings? If there was an accidental fall why hasn't the backpack or fishing pole surfaced? If Dylan fell in lake while conscious, he would have attempted to swim and again likely removed his backpack. In my opinion, his backpack would have been found below the water or found floating on the surface water. The fishing pole definitely would have been found. Again, does anyone believe Dylan's hat would have remained intact and not floated to the surface?

Maybe some of Dylan's belongings were found on the searches. LE has not shared any of their findings. In my opinion, if Dylan had an accident at the lake some of his belongings should have been found. Dylan's hat is one item that really makes me question if anything accidental happened at the lake.

Y'know- the hat never occurred to me. If he were placed in the lake with his backpack, I have no doubt his hat would be tucked inside. If accidental, you are correct- the hat should have been on his head and floated. I cannot imagine someone putting a body in a lake and then driving hundred(s) of miles to ditch a backpack....so I have always believed Dylan and his belongings would be found together. You make another good case against the accident at the lake theory!

Hmm, along this line of backpack talk, I'm thinking fires. Campfires, fireplaces, all common in the mountains when it's cold. So IF you were to burn a backpack, would the zipper remain or would it all burn up ?

Hmm, along this line of backpack talk, I'm thinking fires. Campfires, fireplaces, all common in the mountains when it's cold. So IF you were to burn a backpack, would the zipper remain or would it all burn up ?

Plastic might melt but metal should remain. Shoes would be hardest to burn, I think, because rubber would take such a high temperature.

Y'know- the hat never occurred to me. If he were placed in the lake with his backpack, I have no doubt his hat would be tucked inside. If accidental, you are correct- the hat should have been on his head and floated. I cannot imagine someone putting a body in a lake and then driving hundred(s) of miles to ditch a backpack....so I have always believed Dylan and his belongings would be found together. You make another good case against the accident at the lake theory!

In my opinion, if Dylan is found in the lake his death was NOT an accident. In this scenario, I believe LE would have enough evidence to rule the COD a homicide. I also do not believe Dylan would have removed his hat and tucked it in his backpack.

I believe if Dylan was removed from the house, his hat & cell phone will be in the backpack. If there was room in the backpack, his hoodie as well. I don't think there was much planning involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne