CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.finddylan.com/newstoday
<modsnip> "Investigations into Dylan's whereabouts are still ongoing and will accelerate now that we are approaching spring.

<modsnip>

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20130505/LIFESTYLE04/130509758/0/SEARCH/Health-Briefs

"
The Adult Role Model Award contest, sponsored by Celebrating Healthy Communities of San Juan Basin Health Department, asked youths to nominate positive adult role models in La Plata County, and the winners of the second annual awards are:

Bayfield: Denise Hess, leader of &#8220;Hope for Dylan Redwine.&#8221;"

Nice local support for Dylan's cause as well.

And finally, in my links roundup:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/sanjuan/news-events/?cid=STELPRDB5417258

Release Date: Apr 22, 2013

BAYFIELD - F&M Construction of Bayfield, Colorado, under contract with the San Juan National Forest, will begin construction in late April on a new road across Bureau of Reclamation land south of Vallecito Dam to connect County Road 501 with Forest Road 603. The new paved road will replace the current narrow road across the top of the dam, which crosses a weight-restricted bridge. The new road will be accessed from County Road 501 via a new bridge completed by the Forest Service last year to span the spillway below the dam. An environmental assessment for the project was completed in 2004 by the Bureau of Reclamation, which owns the reservoir and dam, but the USFS holds the easement for public access. The contractor has been at the site this spring clearing trees out of the new roadway alignment. The Pine River Irrigation District has sold the downed trees to a local mill.

Looks like road construction will get underway. Interesting given the amount of land and road that might be disturbed during this and also the increased amount of people in and around the area keeping their eyes open, I hope.

Always hoping this is the day we find Dylan! :)

It is just horrible that parents of other missing children have to be hopeful that their child too is being raped, abused, assaulted like the three women, in order to have some kind of hope that they may be found alive. I guess they have to cling to something, but the way some articles and quotes seemed to be worded this week, it seemed as though a lot of the public felt hopeful for other kids due to this horrific rescue. I know being alive is the bottom line, but I cannot hope that Kyron, Dylan, and others are enduring this type of situation and see it as something to hang onto.

Also there is the fear that when the child gets past the age the predator prefers, he or she will be killed, as they won't simply release them, IMO.

I think it was the phrase "positive outcome" that got to me. Maybe if they had said "best possible under the circumstances" it would not have struck me so. But in any case, it is just my opinion and my feelings. As I said yesterday, I do not think I would be one of the survivors who could get past such an ordeal. But I do hope these women can do so.

One way or the other, I'm still holding on to the hope that Dylan is alive somewhere. And with the discovery of these three women in Ohio, it is possible. There is nothing that shows that Dylan is anything but alive right now. As we have learned, even after a large amount of time, it doesn't mean he is dead because he's been gone 5 months. JMO.

Me too Seajay ! I want to see Dylan smile for the camera .
Please let it be !

It is just horrible that parents of other missing children have to be hopeful that their child too is being raped, abused, assaulted like the three women, in order to have some kind of hope that they may be found alive. I guess they have to cling to something, but the way some articles and quotes seemed to be worded this week, it seemed as though a lot of the public felt hopeful for other kids due to this horrific rescue. I know being alive is the bottom line, but I cannot hope that Kyron, Dylan, and others are enduring this type of situation and see it as something to hang onto.

Also there is the fear that when the child gets past the age the predator prefers, he or she will be killed, as they won't simply release them, IMO.

I think it was the phrase "positive outcome" that got to me. Maybe if they had said "best possible under the circumstances" it would not have struck me so. But in any case, it is just my opinion and my feelings. As I said yesterday, I do not think I would be one of the survivors who could get past such an ordeal. But I do hope these women can do so.

I think it is more hope that if they are alive, they will be found one day than it is simply hoping they are alive, if that makes sense. I think that most parents of missing children are not in complete denial over their child's fate (Every case has searches for the victim's body, etc) but they need to have some degree of hope because if they don't, they will stop looking for their child.

I guess the parents of missing children, vs. missing adults, can hope or dream that someone who wanted a child took theirs. That would be a positive outcome, if a child was found living safely in a decent home and being cared for. But not very likely.

It depends entirely what type of K9's were used, what and how they were trained, how their handlers were trained and by whom....and about a zillion other factors, unfortunately such as weather, manner of death, depth of water, movement of water, etc etc.

It would be impossible and totally incorrect for me to say, 'Yes, there is likely HR scent in that lake.' What would be possible and correct for me to say would be that it remains a possibility that there is HR scent being emitted from that lake.
HTH.

Thank You Oriah!

I have mixed feelings on the subject and can see both sides of the debate. If it was me in the situation, I would personally rather be dead. I can't even fathom if it is was my child in the situation. Honestly, I can't even go there. I think the not knowing is the worst part. You want your child to be alive, but then you have to consider what kind of hell are they going through. I lost my son once for 10 minutes at my oldest son's baseball game. It was the worst feeling in the world. Turns out he just went to the car to get something, but that was the most agonizing feeling ever. All I could think of was what was happening to him and was he wondering why mom and dad weren't there to save him or help him. To this day, I still have nightmares and tear up when thinking about it. I cannot begin to imagine what parents of any missing child are going through. You want to hope they are ok and being taken care of. Unfortunately that's rarely the case.

I hope and pray every day that Dyan is alive, though that hope is really starting to fade. I just want the boy found so his family can have closure. And whoever is responsible, well I hope they rot in jail. The DP woud be too good for them.

MOO

We've been on thread 50 for almost 2 weeks and only on page 15 :(
Interest is fading for Dylan :( I hope it is not for LE . I know it is not
for his family. We waited all winter for the lake to thaw and now that has
happened and nothing came of it ? So for those who are sure he is in the lake,
what are your thoughts now? That he is but so deep he cannot be found?
Or do you think he may never have been? I think that he was not found gives
hope that he's alive somewhere........fleeting and fading but hope nonetheless.

We've been on thread 50 for almost 2 weeks and only on page 15 :(
Interest is fading for Dylan :( I hope it is not for LE . I know it is not
for his family. We waited all winter for the lake to thaw and now that has
happened and nothing came of it ? So for those who are sure he is in the lake,
what are your thoughts now? That he is but so deep he cannot be found?
Or do you think he may never have been? I think that he was not found gives
hope that he's alive somewhere........fleeting and fading but hope nonetheless.

They are not done searching the lake yet. They are just not making it known when searches will be. Interest is only fading on here. Moo MOO JMO IMO

Thinking about the theory that someone close to Dylan "hid" him for a while, for whatever reason; with the death of his grandmother, this really seems even less likely now, as it seems that anyone who claimed to love Dylan would not keep him away from his mother and brother during that kind of family tragedy. And poor Elaine, having to endure the loss of her mom, as well as Dylan.

Thanks for the link The Cheese. It looks like Mark isn't in hiding. He had no problem talking to 9News today.

The news of long lost missing persons being found alive in Cleveland gives hope to all family and friends of missing persons.

In my opinion, Mark came out of hiding and talked to 9News because this story allows fingers to be pointed away from him and away from the suspicion of Mark's involvement in Dylan's disappearance.

In my opinion, Mark came out of hiding and talked to 9News because this story allows fingers to be pointed away from him and away from the suspicion of Mark's involvement in Dylan's disappearance.

I suppose you are right about that. Not many people enjoy fingers being pointed at them. I don't know if he is guilty of something or not, but either way, it was a good time to bring attention to Dylan.

IMO... The phone interview MR gave with 9news had nothing to do with Dylan at all. Not once did MR use Dylan's name. Not once did MR ask for Dylan to be returned. MR was very general with his words. MOO

IMO... The phone interview MR gave with 9news had nothing to do with Dylan at all. Not once did MR use Dylan's name. Not once did MR ask for Dylan to be returned. MR was very general with his words. MOO

BBM

But he did say this:

Mark Redwine says some of his own theories about the search for Dylan are changing.

"I guess I never thought he could still be in the Vallecito area," he said. "After this story broke, obviously it has come to light that it is not an uncommon thing for perpetrators of children to be close to where they go missing from."

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/335101/222/Ohio-case-renews-hope-for-Redwine-search

Is this his reasoning for not searching day and night near his home for Dylan???

BBM

But he did say this:

Mark Redwine says some of his own theories about the search for Dylan are changing.

"I guess I never thought he could still be in the Vallecito area," he said. "After this story broke, obviously it has come to light that it is not an uncommon thing for perpetrators of children to be close to where they go missing from."

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/335101/222/Ohio-case-renews-hope-for-Redwine-search

Is this his reasoning for not searching day and night near his home for Dylan???

IMO that is his "excuse" for not searching. If he didn't think Dylan was in the area then, IMO, he should have been doing more interviews asking for people to keep an eye out. MOO

And as you can see he still does not say Dylan's name. The interview, IMO, is very distanced.

IMO he had a wonderful opportunity to say ask for Dylan's release or to ask people to please watch for Dylan, to pray for Dylan to come home, but there was nothing of the sort. MOO

BBM

But he did say this:

Wow, Score that statement from him is pretty profound.:moo::twocents:

I suppose you are right about that. Not many people enjoy fingers being pointed at them. I don't know if he is guilty of something or not, but either way, it was a good time to bring attention to Dylan.

BBM - I personally believe some time much sooner would have been a good time to bring attention to Dylan instead of waiting almost 3 months after the DP show.

As well, I don't know if he is guilty of something or not, but I find it peculiar that the first time Mark decides to speak publicly since DP is when the story is focused on abduction. Mark never spoke out during any of the searches. Nothing in almost 3 months.

I see some posts saying that Mark isn't searching for Dylan. I'm not sure how we would know what he's doing or not doing myself. In fact I haven't heard anything about anyone searching for Dylan lately. Does that mean that everyone has given up?

I see some posts saying that Mark isn't searching for Dylan. I'm not sure how we would know what he's doing or not doing myself. In fact I haven't heard anything about anyone searching for Dylan lately. Does that mean that everyone has given up?

I don't think everyone has given up here, Ranch. The weather has been craaaaaaazy up here in April. Even had a snowstorm in May! Hopefully this is the last of the winter, and spring is officially here! I'm sure searches will be conducted as soon as weather conditions are optimal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx