CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can convince (except Dylan, should he return alive to explain) that he stopped using his phone just because, and that he was perfectly fine on Monday and still did not use his phone. Or that IF it had broken beyond repair, he would pack it up, along with the charger, and take off, when he had a ride coming. No working phone=more reason to wait for his ride. And we have no indication that his phone stopped working anyway, pure speculation.

No one can convince (except Dylan, should he return alive to explain) that he stopped using his phone just because, and that he was perfectly fine on Monday and still did not use his phone. Or that IF it had broken beyond repair, he would pack it up, along with the charger, and take off, when he had a ride coming. No working phone=more reason to wait for his ride. And we have no indication that his phone stopped working anyway, pure speculation.

Dylan had a few choices after Mark left the house Monday morning.

1) He could have stayed inside the house and wait for Mark to return.
2) He could have gone outside but stayed close to the house.
3) He could have left the house to go fishing or hiking and took his stuff with him.
4) He could have left the house with his stuff and attempted to hitchhike to meet up with his friends.

There may be more possibilities that I have missed. We have no way of knowing which choice he used. MOO.

3) He could have left the house to go fishing or hiking and took his stuff with him.
4) He could have left the house with his stuff and attempted to hitchhike to meet up with his friends.

There may be more possibilities that I have missed. We have no way of knowing which choice he used. MOO.

But why didn't he communicate with anybody on Monday? He never picked up any of his dad's calls or texts that morning. If his cell was broken, why not pick up the landline when his dad called that morning?

When my kids had problems with their cells, believe me, I heard about it immediately. I cannot imagine that his cell broke, and he didn't bother to tell Elaine or Mark in an attempt to have it fixed or replaced.

Especially when he was looking so forward to seeing all of his old friends. He would need a cell to make that happen smoothly.

I do not believe he went fishing all by himself, when he knew his friends were waiting to see him. He was a very social kid, and his texts to R are evidence of that. He was eager to see his friends---not to walk all alone to a remote fishing spot on a cold morning.

I also doubt highly that he tried to hitchhike that morning, without making contact or replying to his friends. That makes no sense because he does not even know where they would be at that time. Why would he attempt to hitch a ride but not even reply to R's morning text? And if his cell was broken, why not wait for Dad to return so he could get a new battery in town first?

I can believe he just stepped outside for a breath of fresh air, but then his belongings would still be at Mark's if that were the case.

Someone could have come to the door and, after finding out that Dylan needed a ride to his friend's house, offered a "ride".

I'm open to a lot of possibilities...some more likely than others....

If MR called Dylan's phone while he was running his errands, then clearly he knew nothing about a broken phone.

And why call, anyway? If he was going to be home when he said he would, why the need to try to call Dylan?

Just all sounds very unlikely to me.

But why didn't he communicate with anybody on Monday? He never picked up any of his dad's calls or texts that morning. If his cell was broken, why not pick up the landline when his dad called that morning?

When my kids had problems with their cells, believe me, I heard about it immediately. I cannot imagine that his cell broke, and he didn't bother to tell Elaine or Mark in an attempt to have it fixed or replaced.

Especially when he was looking so forward to seeing all of his old friends. He would need a cell to make that happen smoothly.

I do not believe he went fishing all by himself, when he knew his friends were waiting to see him. He was a very social kid, and his texts to R are evidence of that. He was eager to see his friends---not to walk all alone to a remote fishing spot on a cold morning.

I also doubt highly that he tried to hitchhike that morning, without making contact or replying to his friends. That makes no sense because he does not even know where they would be at that time. Why would he attempt to hitch a ride but not even reply to R's morning text? And if his cell was broken, why not wait for Dad to return so he could get a new battery in town first?

I can believe he just stepped outside for a breath of fresh air, but then his belongings would still be at Mark's if that were the case.
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind about this case because I think that's impossible at this point. I made a list of what I think is possible with the few facts that we know.

Something could have happened to Dylan Sunday night for all I know but I haven't seen any evidence that supports that possibility. Something did happen to Dylan by Monday we just don't know who's responsible and what happened. MOO.

If MR called Dylan's phone while he was running his errands, then clearly he knew nothing about a broken phone.

And why call, anyway? If he was going to be home when he said he would, why the need to try to call Dylan?

Just all sounds very unlikely to me.

IMO, MR was calling Dylan to see if there was anything he needed to get before he came home. MR was in Durango, where there are more and/or different stores. He was coming back to take DR to Bayfield, where he might not have been able to buy the things Dylan wanted.

My assumption is LE checked MR's cell phone records. If MR's cell phone record did not show that he called Dylan on Monday, that would be a huge red flag. As far as I know, LE has not confirmed or denied whether MR attempted contact with Dylan on Monday at any time.

:twocents:

IMO, MR was calling Dylan to see if there was anything he needed to get before he came home. MR was in Durango, where there are more and/or different stores. He was coming back to take DR to Bayfield, where he might not have been able to buy the things Dylan wanted.

My assumption is LE checked MR's cell phone records. If MR's cell phone record did not show that he called Dylan on Monday, that would be a huge red flag. As far as I know, LE has not confirmed or denied whether MR attempted contact with Dylan on Monday at any time.

Oh I am sure he called, I was not questioning that part. I just recall other cases where the murderer "tried to call" their victim, in an alibi kind of way. Partly, as such a call would place the caller away from the scene, as well as imply that as far as he/she knew, the victim was perfectly fine.

I agree with your post. I want to add that Dylan may not have noticed that he had a problem with his phone until after Mark left the house on Monday morning. MOO

I agree with your post. I want to add that Dylan may not have noticed that he had a problem with his phone until after Mark left the house on Monday morning. MOO

If so, and if Mark called on the landline, then why not pick it up and ask for a new cell battery?

And if there was something wrong with D's phone, how did his dad leave a voice mail and texts, like he said he did?

If so, and if Mark called on the landline, then why not pick it up and ask for a new cell battery?

And if there was something wrong with D's phone, how did his dad leave a voice mail and texts, like he said he did?

That's a good question about the landline. Maybe Mark didn't think to try it. As far as I know voice mails and texts will still go thru to the provider even if a phone has a dead/bad battery.

That's a good question about the landline. Maybe Mark didn't think to try it. As far as I know voice mails and texts will still go thru to the provider even if a phone has a dead/bad battery.

I believe that Mark has already said he tried the landline and left a voicemail.

Yes, sometimes the messages still go through, sometimes not, if it is badly damaged though.

I believe that Mark has already said he tried the landline and left a voicemail.

Yes, sometimes the messages still go through, sometimes not, if it is badly damaged though.
I don't recall Mark saying that he tried calling Dylan via the landline and I don't think that calling a cell phone that has a dead/bad battery will prevent someone from leaving a voicemail or text.

I think you need some links for these Katy.

All I need to know is that he’s safe and where he’s at, and how to get a hold of him, and it’s likely I’ll pop in on him -- Check to make sure he’s at where he says he’s at. Those things were important to me. You know… when he’s with me – it’s me and him, with the exception of his friends. You know… I know those are important to him, but … you know… I monitor what he does, where he’s at. You know… it’s just me and him. There’s not people coming and going in my life ‘cos everything I focus on is him and us being together spending that time.

To me it sounds like Dylan kinda did his own thing when he was with his dad, like a lot of teenagers do...

That he was off with his friends a lot and his dad made contact with him a various time during the day etc...

I imagine that for MR to return home and find Dylan not there was probably nothing unsual... hence having a nap and not really being concerned he was not there.

Not answering phone messages would have been would they found as most unlike Dylan.

I don't recall Mark saying that he tried calling Dylan via the landline and I don't think that calling a cell phone that has a dead/bad battery will prevent someone from leaving a voicemail or text.

I think you need some links for these Katy.

I have been looking for the links to Mark saying he tried to reach him monday morning. No luck so far.

As for the dead battery, I don't disagree that it often will receive a message anyway. But when my old flip cell died, my kids tried to call and got nothing but a ringing and ringing, no voice mail or texting options.

All I need to know is that he’s safe and where he’s at, and how to get a hold of him, and it’s likely I’ll pop in on him -- Check to make sure he’s at where he says he’s at. Those things were important to me. You know… when he’s with me – it’s me and him, with the exception of his friends. You know… I know those are important to him, but … you know… I monitor what he does, where he’s at. You know… it’s just me and him. There’s not people coming and going in my life ‘cos everything I focus on is him and us being together spending that time.

To me it sounds like Dylan kinda did his own thing when he was with his dad, like a lot of teenagers do...

That he was off with his friends a lot and his dad made contact with him a various time during the day etc...

I imagine that for MR to return home and find Dylan not there was probably nothing unsual... hence having a nap and not really being concerned he was not there.

Not answering phone messages would have been would they found as most unlike Dylan.

BBM

But this morning was different. Dylan was WAITING for his dad to return so he could get a ride to Bayfield. And Dad knew that, so it should have been surprising that Dylan was not there. Mark has told inconsistent stories about what happened when he returned home.

His first version was that he assumed he was with his friends already, so he texted him and waited for a reply. Then went looking when he never heard one.

But his recent version he said he assumed Dylan was wandering around the immediate area, so he took a nap first. And then later went to check on him.

His friends lived 45 minutes away. So how did he expect that Dylan got there? Didnt it seem important to check on him since all of his belongings were gone?

ETA: Also, it was unusual because Dylan had rarely ever been to that home recently. It was not a usual thing at all.

BBM

But this morning was different. Dylan was WAITING for his dad to return so he could get a ride to Bayfield. And Dad knew that, so it should have been surprising that Dylan was not there. Mark has told inconsistent stories about what happened when he returned home.

His first version was that he assumed he was with his friends already, so he texted him and waited for a reply. Then went looking when he never heard one.

But his recent version he said he assumed Dylan was wandering around the immediate area, so he took a nap first. And then later went to check on him.

His friends lived 45 minutes away. So how did he expect that Dylan got there? Didnt it seem important to check on him since all of his belongings were gone?

ETA: Also, it was unusual because Dylan had rarely ever been to that home recently. It was not a usual thing at all.

Thank you for this, I am very new to this case.

I just looks to me as if, he knew where Dylan was at various times but that he didn't actually spend much time with him IYKWIM.

I have been looking for the links to Mark saying he tried to reach him monday morning. No luck so far.

As for the dead battery, I don't disagree that it often will receive a message anyway. But when my old flip cell died, my kids tried to call and got nothing but a ringing and ringing, no voice mail or texting options.

The story about Mark calling Monday morning began on FB, IIRC. His girlfriends daughter posted that he called him 3 times, in response to someone criticizing Mark for not calling him that day.

And then in one of those long rambling interviews with local reporters, I remember Mark saying he called him once, early on, then again at 11:30, leaving a voice mail asking if there was anything he needed from town. Does anyone else remember that? Because I thought it was weird, since he was supposedly on the way to pick him up and take him to town right then.

“There is a lot of personal conflict between myself, Elaine and Cory as a group,” he said. “These all go back over time. It has nothing to do with Dylan. I think Dylan missing has magnified that to some degree.”

“I’m not afraid of the truth,” he said, “but what I don’t want to see is it turn into a ‘Jerry Springer Show.’

“We need to unite for Dylan’s benefit. ... Hopefully, Dr. Phil will take a position where he can address some of those issues and help us as a family focus on what is really important right now. We don’t have time to be pointing fingers and making blame or standing out in front of my house like a bunch of idiots holding this (stupid) rally to call me out.”

“Quite frankly, I don’t care who has Dylan or for what reason they have Dylan,” he said. “The fact is that they need to let him go and reach out to somebody in his family. And whether that means dropping him off at the nearest Walmart or the nearest post office or the nearest police station or whatever the case may be, let him go.”

http://durangoherald.com/article/20130213/NEWS01/130219806/-1/s

Here is an interesting one to revisit imo^^^^^^

The story about Mark calling Monday morning began on FB, IIRC. His girlfriends daughter posted that he called him 3 times, in response to someone criticizing Mark for not calling him that day.

And then in one of those long rambling interviews with local reporters, I remember Mark saying he called him once, early on, then again at 11:30, leaving a voice mail asking if there was anything he needed from town. Does anyone else remember that? Because I thought it was weird, since he was supposedly on the way to pick him up and take him to town right then.
I remember Mark saying he texted Dylan. I don't recall him saying that he left a voicemail. I don't see anything wrong with Mark checking in and asking Dylan if he needed anything. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx