CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To my knowledge there has never been a statement given directly from LE saying the last text was sent via Dylan's cell phone.

I agree. IMO it was MB's best guess.

Someone from WS tweeted MB, IIRC and MB replied something along the lines of "no other device was mentioned except Dylan's phone" so the 9:37 came from Dylan's phone. (I put quotes , but really the bolded is only paraphrased from memory.)

Below is the only tweet I can find and MB's answer is much more direct. But still seems like guesswork to me.

https://twitter.com/MelissaBlasius/statuses/299369989113249792

Not sure if twitter can be linked. Mods please delete if not ok.

________

MOO

While possible another electronic device was used, LE did say, in their last press release it was sent from Dylan's phone. Like you, until that press release, I also thought it was probably sent from a different device. So............

Salem

could you please link the press release that says it was sent from Dylans phone. I've checked the media thread and tried googling but have not found any LPCSO press release that specifies that.

The latest LPCSO press release I could find in the media thread is this one [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9090109&postcount=109"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

there is no mention of the text message, phone or electronic device in that release.

I agree. IMO it was MB's best guess.

Someone from WS tweeted MB, IIRC and MB replied something along the lines of "no other device was mentioned except Dylan's phone" so the 9:37 came from Dylan's phone. (I put quotes , but really the bolded is only paraphrased from memory.)

Below is the only tweet I can find and MB's answer is much more direct. But still seems like guesswork to me.

https://twitter.com/MelissaBlasius/statuses/299369989113249792

Not sure if twitter can be linked. Mods please delete if not ok.

________

MOO

IMO MB didn't get what was being asked, especially when she then went on to say that the press release said phone when it clearly said electronic device.

Something I found interesting there differing test (should read text I believe) times from MR and EH.

While possible another electronic device was used, LE did say, in their last press release it was sent from Dylan's phone. Like you, until that press release, I also thought it was probably sent from a different device. So............

Salem

Just catching up this morning so I hope this hasn't been addressed. LE did not say in their last press release that anything was sent from Dylan's phone.
The 01-24-2013 press release reads:
An updated timeline for Dylan’s activities on Sunday November 18th has been released:

5:46PM Dylan arrived at Durango-La Plata airport.
7:05 PM Dylan at Durango Walmart
7:22 PM Dylan at Durango McDonalds
9:37PM Dylan’s last electronic device communication (texting)

The 02/11/2013 and 03/19/2013 press releases do not mention any information in regards to Dylan's texting via phone or ipad or any other electronic device. It seems as if they are having a press release each month, I hope an updated one with further information on the searches is released soon - it's the last day of April.

Is that press release in the media thread? (I have been looking there and cannot find it) Or was it in one of these threads? I can only find where it says "Last electronic communication (texting)", which does not necessarily mean phone. (My sister could text on her iTouch, I can text on my tablet, and I can text from my Google chat on my computer. They are just SMS -short messaging service- messages. All you need is a network connection.)
TIA.

You are right and I'm confused. For some reason, I thought, in the last press release where LE confirmed the family in CS, etc. also confirmed that the "electronic device" was the phone. However, after going back and re-reading, I find I am mistaken. I do apologize. I should have linked the statement when I made it. :blush:

Salem

You are right and I'm confused. For some reason, I thought, in the last press release where LE confirmed the family in CS, etc. also confirmed that the "electronic device" was the phone. However, after going back and re-reading, I find I am mistaken. I do apologize. I should have linked the statement when I made it. :blush:

Salem

There are so many msm's, fb, press releases etc that it's easy to get confused, sometimes I think we all need to borrow confusions name; confusionAzGrandma? :floorlaugh:

Just a note, based on one of the posts above - Twitter of MSM/reporters may be linked and even copy/pasted if it is not too long. It is the only social media that can be copy/pasted, but it must be of MSM/reporter.

Hope that helps,

Salem

It was ER on Dr Phil who said Dylan's last text at 9:30 was from his phone, and to his friends in SW Colorado.

Dr. Phil: Your son, like a lot of 14-year-olds, was a real techy type, right?

ER: Yes.

Dr. Phil: I mean they live on these smart phones, and they text a lot.

ER: He did text… all the time.

Dr. Phil: Right, and at 9:30 that night, all texting stopped?

Dr. Phil: Is that unusual?

ER: Absolutely! Especially when he’s up there!

Dr. Phil: ‘Cos he’s a text animal. He…

Dr. Phil:That was his lifeline to the world. He…

ER: Exactly.

Dr. Phil: He was texting. So right up ‘till 9:30 he’s texting and then just zip… zero… So he could have gone to sleep, right?

ER: 9:30 seems a little early for Dylan, but…ummm

Dr. Phil: Okay, what time would he usually go to sleep?

ER: Probably about 11, midnight, somewhere around there

Dr. Phil: So 9:30 would be early.

ER: 9:30 would be early, and it’s definitely early for him to stop texting, especially when he was so excited to see his friends.

Dr. Phil: His friends on that end?

ER: Yes, his friends in the southwest.

Dr. Phil: And was he texting them up until 9:30?

ER: I believe the last text was about 9:30… somewhere around there.

Dr. Phil: To those friends?

Dr. Phil: Okay, so he was in connection with them until 9:30. Not another text was ever sent from his phone?

ER: Right.

Also in those tweets from Melissa Blasius a ways back that we were following, she said she double-checked with LE, and LE said it was Dylan's cell at 9:30.

Melissa Blasius ‏@MelissaBlasius
@SherryGrondin Dylan Redwine used cell until 9:37 the night prior to disappearing, and not at all after that.

When MB double checked on the text at 9:37 being sent from Dylan's phone, she got the info by email from Bender -

Sherry ‏@SherryGrondin
@DylanRedwine @MelissaBlasius @SherryGrondin WHO confirmed. Where can that confirmation be found? Media article? Press release? Where?

@SherryGrondin LPCSO Spokesman Dan Bender. Again, do you have info to say otherwise?

Sherry ‏@SherryGrondin
@MelissaBlasius Bender told you? Do you have that on video? Why no press release from LE stating same?

@SherryGrondin Since Mark's and Elaine's stories differed about test times during my interviews, I emailed Bender when I returned to Denver.

@ClarystaInSun @kyleclark @9news It was sent from his phone #dylanredwine

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8820928&postcount=242"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #33[/ame]

Also, regarding the differing text stories Melissa mentions, there are more tweets about that. In ER's interview, she stated that Dylan's last text was at 8pm, as she had been stating from the beginning. But LE's statement about Dylan's last text being at 9:30, (MR referenced later timeframe than 8pm in his interview), had come out a few days before ER's interview was published. Someone on Twitter asked Melissa when the interviews had taken place, and it turned out the interviews had taken place before LE's 9:30 statement came out, explaining why ER was still saying 8PM.

Also, I found this while searching for the tweets. Unrelated to this discussion, but interesting

@D76013 @SherryGrondin I don't know exactly when Dylan's phone went dead. Investigators wont tell me. It could have been the next a.m..

ETA link for Twitter 'Conversation' page
https://twitter.com/DylanRedwine/status/299388858754281473

Adding for context from that Conversation page

Clarysta Sunshine ‏@ClarystaInSun 6 Feb
@MelissaBlasius @kyleclark What is up with the 9:37 "electronic communication?" From phone or iPod? Incoming or sent? Who to/from?

Melissa Blasius ‏@MelissaBlasius 6 Feb
@ClarystaInSun @kyleclark @9news It was sent from his phone #dylanredwine

all this twitter is foreign to me...never done it

and we still don't know how this tweet (of the same nite) may fall into the picture, if at all

Melissa Blasius ‏@MelissaBlasius @missreported @9NEWS They searched computers. They found his ipod texting account.

:waiting:

“There’s been the passage of time without any sightings; Dylan was not a visitor but had friends here; he has a history of staying in contact with his family and friends; and there’s been nothing on his cellphone record since he was reported missing.” Bender

-The distraught mother said her son's cellphone records show the last time he used it was Sunday night at 8 p.m., and that alone is uncharacteristic

I wish we had a record of each statement by LE all in one place. It would be interesting to see how many times they referred to Dylan's cell phone and if they called it just that - "Dylan's cell phone"! IMO, it's strange that the press release referred to Dylan's last text being from a "electronic communication device" - (not even whose electronic device).

Plus we initially heard that Dylan was last heard from somewhere around 8pm that night, and then we hear about that last text at 9:37 pm.

Also, didn't MR say that LE took his ipod during the search?

All of this leads me to believe the last text was not from his cell phone.

all this twitter is foreign to me...never done it

and we still don't know how this tweet (of the same nite) may fall into the picture, if at all

:waiting:

On twitter, you can go back to the tweet, and see if it was part of a 'Conversation'. If it was, there's a link that says 'View Conversation'. That tweet of Melissa's was part of a Conversation. The question she was asked was

missreported ‏@missreported 31 Jan
@9NEWS @MelissaBlasius did they check his social media profiles, his email, if he played online games, his online game friends' list...?

Melissa Blasius @MelissaBlasius
@missreported @9NEWS They searched computers. They found his ipod texting account. I saw a game console in his room... hmm. .. I'll ask.

Here's the whole Conversation

https://twitter.com/MelissaBlasius/status/297203746096685057

thanks Cheese! I tried to do that and failed :blushing:

We have a reporter and Dylan's mother saying that the 9:37 text was from his cell phone and no one saying that it was from his I Pod. The only way we will know for sure that it was from Dylan's phone is if LE tells us. I'm going with it being from Dylan's phone with what we have so far. MOO.

I'm so happy we can post tweets! Saw this one last week from the exec producer of CBSNews/Denver promoting the piece they did on the lake search. Seems the media is missing Mark.

Tom Merolla ‏@TomM_CBS424 Apr
Following new developments in the search for #DylanRedwine. It seems Dylan's dad has fallen off the radar since Dr. Phil.

Collapse Reply
Retweet
Favorite
More
1 Retweet
1 Favorite
6:39 PM - 24 Apr 13 · Details

I think if LE knows that Dylan's last communication (or attempted communication) was from another device, they will tell no one, not even his mother.

I'm so happy we can post tweets! Saw this one last week from the exec producer of CBSNews/Denver promoting the piece they did on the lake search. Seems the media is missing Mark.

Tom Merolla ‏@TomM_CBS424 Apr
Following new developments in the search for #DylanRedwine. It seems Dylan's dad has fallen off the radar since Dr. Phil.

Collapse Reply
Retweet
Favorite
More
1 Retweet
1 Favorite
6:39 PM - 24 Apr 13 · Details

I had posted that one and the other that he made a few minutes before or after that one. We were discussing how they seemed out of the blue. At the time, we didn't know CBS Denver was going to publish the article and interview with ER. He hadn't tweeted since the Boston bombings IIRC. Makes sense now that the interview and article came out. Kind of. ER said in the interview MR had been emailing her, so not "off the radar" in terms of how I think of it, which is "off the radar" means nobody at all had heard from him.

I think if LE knows that Dylan's last communication (or attempted communication) was from another device, they will tell no one, not even his mother.

I think LE would say "no comment" to a reporter asking about it, rather than LE putting in writing (by email) to a reporter that it was Dylan's phone.

Just my :cow: though. (I always want to type out "Just my cow" since discovering that smiley, rather than put the smiley lol)

What about Melissa Blasius? When she asked about the text did LE lie to her and say it was from the phone when they could have simply said "No comment."?

It was ER on Dr Phil who said Dylan's last text at 9:30 was from his phone, and to his friends in SW Colorado.

Dr. Phil: Your son, like a lot of 14-year-olds, was a real techy type, right?

Dr. Phil: I mean they live on these smart phones, and they text a lot.

ER: He did text… all the time.

Dr. Phil: Right, and at 9:30 that night, all texting stopped?

Dr. Phil: Is that unusual?

ER: Absolutely! Especially when he’s up there!

Dr. Phil: ‘Cos he’s a text animal. He…

Dr. Phil:That was his lifeline to the world. He…

ER: Exactly.

Dr. Phil: He was texting. So right up ‘till 9:30 he’s texting and then just zip… zero… So he could have gone to sleep, right?

ER: 9:30 seems a little early for Dylan, but…ummm

Dr. Phil: Okay, what time would he usually go to sleep?

ER: Probably about 11, midnight, somewhere around there

Dr. Phil: So 9:30 would be early.

ER: 9:30 would be early, and it’s definitely early for him to stop texting, especially when he was so excited to see his friends.

Dr. Phil: His friends on that end?

ER: Yes, his friends in the southwest.

Dr. Phil: And was he texting them up until 9:30?

ER: I believe the last text was about 9:30… somewhere around there.

Dr. Phil: To those friends?

Dr. Phil: Okay, so he was in connection with them until 9:30. Not another text was ever sent from his phone?

ER: Right.
I do not interpret this as you do, and that's OK. She did not say the 9:27 text came from his phone, only that the last text was about 9:30, he was in connection with his friends until then, and after that, not another text was sent from his phone. That does not mean that the last text WAS sent from his phone (it doesn't mean it wasn't, either). It just means that after his last text from whatever source, there were none from his phone. I may be being too literal, but when avoiding the absolute truth without telling the exact truth, this is what I do. I tell mostly the truth, and if someone wants to fill in the blanks erroneously, I let them. (not saying that happened here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne