CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our community like many across the country...

I, like the many who know him...

I, like many in our communities across the country...

...evaluate the process as a community.

There are a few members of our community...

Myself as well as many in our community and across the nation...

Each day many, including me...

Anyone notice a common thread here??
I find this statement to be less about caring that his son is missing, and much more about wanting to be part of the community again. I.e don't look at me, don't single me out, I'm just like you all.

But see, this is the problem I have -- MR makes very sure to state he loves him despite Cory's behavior, but makes no attempt at all to say something to the effect that he's aware of the mistakes that he (MR) has made, too.

Is he really truly unaware of how bizarre he acted when Dylan first went missing? Can he really not understand that it would be natural for Dylan's mom and brother to be angry that he disappeared on his dad's watch? Does he not get how he impeded the investigation by not doing whatever he needed to do to clear himself? Does he feel no remorse for the humiliation some of his personal escapades surely caused his sons? Is he incapable of comprehending that his virtual silence and lack of action over the last six months has further cemented the belief that he had something to do with Dylan's disappearance in the minds of the media and general public?

It's possible, of course, that he really doesn't understand. But people without any semblance of feelings of guilt, without any introspection, scare me, and that is what I read in his statement:

To Cory: Like Dylan I love you and will never give up on you. Regardless of the things you say
or do I will always care.

No "I'm sorry." No "I know I have caused great pain." No remorse.

JMO, and not directed at your post.

Little behind on the threads, but I have a question. What exactly should MR apologize to Cory for? I don't think that MR has publicly made statements saying he hates Cory, nor has he mounted a posse of people to protest outside Cory's house, or accused Cory of harming Dylan. To me his statement is what it is. It reflects the unconditional love we have for our children. No matter what they may say or do to us, that wrongs us in some way we will always love them. He also seems to say he understands why Cory may be acting the way that he is, that it's the pain and grief driving him.

I do believe there are maybe some past troubles between MR and CR but we really don't know what they are and in not knowing what they are and if MR may have already apologized and CR can't let those things go as of yet, well, I just guess there are a lot of things we really don't know to fully understand that statement. I just think of the parent who may believe their kid is headed down the wrong path and in trying to teach them something, they do things that the kid doesn't agree with and somehow believes the parent has wronged them and holds onto the anger. This is a general example I will use, but it's something to consider: Say your child drops out of high school and stays home all day long after playing video games. As a parent what do you do? You may tell them they need to get a job and they can't be a mooch for the rest of their life, encourage them to get a GED. You try to reason with this child and every attempt you make doesn't work. Finally you pull an act of tough love and kick the child out of your home because learning the hard way may be the only way the child will learn how to survive in the "real world." The child will be angry, sometimes the child will blame all their life's misfortunes on their parents. Hopefully at some point in time the child will learn that their parents only did that to make them better, but sometimes they never do. I give this as an example again to say, consider this, what if MR has done something like this to Cory in the past and that Cory is still angry about it. Should Mark apologize for something like that? It could very well be that some of his anger stems from something like that? Also, if MR has apologized for some wrong he may have done Cory already, should he keep having to apologize or is it up to Cory to choose to forgive and move on from that after MR has expressed his sorrow for the action?

Little behind on the threads, but I have a question. What exactly should MR apologize to Cory for? I don't think that MR has publicly made statements saying he hates Cory, nor has he mounted a posse of people to protest outside Cory's house, or accused Cory of harming Dylan. To me his statement is what it is. It reflects the unconditional love we have for our children. No matter what they may say or do to us, that wrongs us in some way we will always love them. He also seems to say he understands why Cory may be acting the way that he is, that it's the pain and grief driving him.

I do believe there are maybe some past troubles between MR and CR but we really don't know what they are and in not knowing what they are and if MR may have already apologized and CR can't let those things go as of yet, well, I just guess there are a lot of things we really don't know to fully understand that statement. I just think of the parent who may believe their kid is headed down the wrong path and in trying to teach them something, they do things that the kid doesn't agree with and somehow believes the parent has wronged them and holds onto the anger. This is a general example I will use, but it's something to consider: Say your child drops out of high school and stays home all day long after playing video games. As a parent what do you do? You may tell them they need to get a job and they can't be a mooch for the rest of their life, encourage them to get a GED. You try to reason with this child and every attempt you make doesn't work. Finally you pull an act of tough love and kick the child out of your home because learning the hard way may be the only way the child will learn how to survive in the "real world." The child will be angry, sometimes the child will blame all their life's misfortunes on their parents. Hopefully at some point in time the child will learn that their parents only did that to make them better, but sometimes they never do. I give this as an example again to say, consider this, what if MR has done something like this to Cory in the past and that Cory is still angry about it. Should Mark apologize for something like that? It could very well be that some of his anger stems from something like that? Also, if MR has apologized for some wrong he may have done Cory already, should he keep having to apologize or is it up to Cory to choose to forgive and move on from that after MR has expressed his sorrow for the action?

Everything you say here would apply to a compassionate, selfless parent capable of reason. Opinions differ on whether that is a profile of MR. My own opinion is that MR is none of these things.

I believe the huge difference between CR & MR vs. a parent trying to teach a young adult a life lesson; this is not the time to use tough love on your child. This public release, (which IMO was written in a collective effort and I have already stated that if help is needed to write the statement, there is nothing wrong with that) SHOULD be about Dylan, there was no need to make a public statement to CR, none. Unless the entire goal of the statement was to bullet point each issue. Much has been said about one parent speaking out against the other, this is a parent that is IMO speaking out against his son. Why was it even necessary? If he and CR have issues, handle them, be the parent. When your (general you) makes a statement to someone that should better be left private, do you (general) as the parent continue to discuss it in public or do you (general) tell your child, we will discuss this later in private now is not the time nor place. Someone has to be the adult and I would hope that MR would be that someone, not a child that has just reached adulthood. All moo

Are we talking about the same father who hid his children from both of their mothers at various points in the past?

Not proof of guilt for either MR or RR, but an interesting comparison of statements none-the-less:

MR: ..."Over the last several months the focus in finding Dylan seems to have changed to blaming and disrespect..." ..."The truth always comes out..."

RR: ..."The people that don't know us, the mudslinging and everything else. I have nothing to say," Ramsaran said in January. "The truth always comes out."

http://www.wbng.com/news/video/Remy-Ramsaran-Mourner-to-Murderer-207965801.html
http://durangoherald.com/assets/pdf/DU136844517.pdf

______
JMO

thanks for that post!

"Indeed. The irony is Rich" HHSS

Are we talking about the same father who hid his children from both of their mothers at various points in the past?

And had sex on the lawn with another woman for all to see?

To me, I wouldn't want to talk to him either, let alone go to mediation.

What happened to Dylan's phone; did he have it plugged in charging it after he got to Mark's?

What was Dylan doing before/after that 9:37 text?

Did MR and Dylan have an argument?

Was Dylan out like a light or awake enough to tell MR "I understand" on Monday morning?

I want to still see the Walmart video and see Dylan's and Mark's phone records/pings.

What papers did Mark go to his attorney's to sign and "possibly file"? Was he happy, tired while he was at the attorney's office?

How was he went he went to his employer?

Why hasn't any friends spoke up to vouch for MR?

:banghead::banghead:

If Mark did do all of the things needed, and maybe he did, to get mediation going, it wouldn't matter because Elaine said that she doesn't feel that mediation is necessary. End of story. MOO.
But she does says she has no qualms with talking to him. You don't need mediation if you are willing to talk. She is saying he can pick up the phone and call her whenever he feels like it and she will talk with him. She did not say "I will not go to mediation with Mark." Just because a person doesn't think they NEED mediation doesn't mean they won't GO to mediation. They just don't find a need to start it.

But she does says she has no qualms with talking to him. You don't need mediation if you are willing to talk. She is saying he can pick up the phone and call her whenever he feels like it and she will talk with him. She did not say "I will not go to mediation with Mark." Just because a person doesn't think they NEED mediation doesn't mean they won't GO to mediation. They just don't find a need to start it.

I have seen no evidence that Elaine can talk with Mark. That's why I conceded the mediation point. She can't do it.

Keyword: "with"

Obviously she can talk "to" him.

In reading MR's statement; self-serving (as usual) comes to mind. Uggh.

And had sex on the lawn with another woman for all to see?

To me, I wouldn't want to talk to him either, let alone go to mediation.

What happened to Dylan's phone; did he have it plugged in charging it after he got to Mark's?

Did MR and Dylan have an argument?

Was Dylan out like a light or awake enough to tell MR "I understand" on Monday morning?

I want to still see the Walmart video and see Dylan's and Mark's phone records/pings.

What papers did Mark go to his attorney's to sign and "possibly file"? Was he happy, tired while he was at the attorney's office?

How was he went he went to his employer?

Why hasn't any friends spoke up to vouch for MR?

:banghead::banghead:

Mark answered some of your questions in his interview with MB.

14:42 mm – According to Mark, Dylan and him watched the movie which ended around 10:30 pm. Shortly after that Mark ran up to bed and Dylan finished up doing whatever he was doing, watching Nicholdean or whatever he was watching.

What papers did Mark go to his attorney's to sign and "possibly file"?

17:02 mm Mark said “ I spoke to my divorce attorney because we were in the process of filing some papers with the Courts in regards to you know (stutter, stutter) the divorce side of stuff. And I made a phone call to a property management company because there was a cheque that they were trying to get that I had sent to them and I just wanted to make sure….but I didn’t stop by there, it was a simple phone call.

Mark still hasn't said where the nerf football came into play or more details regarding the critical evening hours inc. phone issues. Throwing everyone under the bus could be a diversionary method to take the focus off of HIM in his mind anyway. Never-the-less, I am willing to bet his timeline with LE has varied since the beginning. I believe this due to the last news release where LE was attempting to explain the timeline & ordering out-tapes from the DP show. JMO.

Mark still hasn't said where the nerf football came into play or more details regarding the critical evening hours inc. phone issues. Throwing everyone under the bus could be a diversionary method to take the focus off of HIM in his mind anyway. Never-the-less, I am willing to bet his timeline with LE has varied since the beginning. I believe this due to the last news release where LE was attempting to explain the timeline & ordering out-tapes from the DP show. JMO.

BBM

I did not know that; was hoping they looked at all the taping. That would be interesting to see, also.

Thanks!

“My gut is and always has from the very beginning, I know that Dylan’s father knows a lot more about this than he’s letting us know,” she said.

Elaine Redwine says the couple’s messy divorce divided the family.

“I never thought that Mark would take it to this level and that he would do anything to hurt Dylan, but hind-sight is always 20/20 and you never know a person and you never know what a person is capable of,” she said.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/05/19/still-no-sign-of-dylan-redwine-after-6-months/

ETA: Elaine uses Dylan's name

Mark Redwine says family drama is hindering the search for their son.

“There was never ever any evidence to support anything in the way of kidnapping by anybody, but because my ex-wife planted that seed … these search warrants were all issued based on the words coming out of her mouth,” Mark Redwine said.

In a statement released to the media, Mark admits it’s possible someone may be holding his son captive but that police could be overlooking the obvious.

“I don’t think there’s any evidence to support the fact that it’s not a possibility that he could have run away,” Mark Redwine said.

Mark Redwine continues to say he’s not placing blame or saying investigators are doing a poor job, but simply saying there’s more to the case than meets the eye.

Both parents have vowed to keep searching for Dylan until he is found.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/05/19/still-no-sign-of-dylan-redwine-after-6-months

Mark Redwine continues to say he’s not placing blame or saying investigators are doing a poor job, but simply saying there’s more to the case than meets the eye.

This is an example of why I do not trust MR. First he says he is not placing blame or saying investigators are doing a bad job, but just recently he said EXACTLY THAT. Does he not remember heavily criticizing them in his last interview?

And what does he mean there is more to this case then meets they eye? That implies he knows some secrets , right? UUGGHHHH. He makes he shudder.

“There was never ever any evidence to support anything in the way of kidnapping by anybody, but because my ex-wife planted that seed … these search warrants were all issued based on the words coming out of her mouth,” Mark Redwine said.

In a statement released to the media, Mark admits it’s possible someone may be holding his son captive but that police could be overlooking the obvious.

“I don’t think there’s any evidence to support the fact that it’s not a possibility that he could have run away,” Mark Redwine said.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/05/19/still-no-sign-of-dylan-redwine-after-6-months/

BBM

Not sure that LE would have been granted Search Warrants based on Elaine's statements.

Well, Mark, why don't you tell us the "more to the case than meets the eye" part? Perhaps then you won't be a possible top suspect to me.

Once again Mark says something but then leaves everyone hanging.

This man is so frustrating to me....

JMO

What the heck is he trying to say here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member