CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Mark for the transparency by making the search warrants available.

I'm the type of person who likes my government to work in the open as much as possible. While I can understand why LE doesn't like to release anything they don't have to, sometimes it's in the best interest of the public to know what they are doing.

That includes releasing information about how they obtain search warrants. If it's certain that releasing the information will hamper an investigation then fine, let the public know that's the case. If not, then let us know.

I agree with an open government, but absolutely disagree with an open investigation into the disappearance of a child. Are you suggesting that LE should have an open book of their entire investigation? I hope not. What in God's name is in the best interest of the public to know what the SW stated? Please explain because I am truly at a loss here, <modsnip>, how has that or how will that help Dylan?

Please stop arguing back and forth about the search warrants. The docs have been released. Whether or not they are posted here and discussed is a Management decision. When that decision is made, we will let you know.

Until then, please move on. It serves no purpose to keep arguing about them.

Thanks,

Salem

Respectfully, were they "released" or were they "leaked"? If it wasn't MSM or any other verifiable site, how can we assume they were "released"?

But maybe that's why it has not been released by LE, because they felt it would hamper the investigation. Why would they have to deliberately tell us that they are not going to tell us?

I think that the media should ask them for the information about the affidavit for a search warrant and if LE say's "No it will compromise our investigation" the media can then pass that along to us.

So far I haven't seen any effort by the media to get that information. Maybe they have and they were denied. If that's what happened then the media should let us know.

Just to divert the topic away from the warrants for a moment -- I realise that the Dr. Phil episodes must have already been discussed ad infinitum, but I wasn't around for that discussion and just watched both episodes again yesterday... on second viewing, MR's behaviour regarding the polygraph seems even weaker an attempt to manipulate the situation in his own favour.

Not at all discussing here the back-and-forth between ER and MR, it ought to be said.

Just some observations on the wholly transparent avoidance tactics he was using. I actually felt a little sick when he started waving his hands about, claiming he was too stressed for the first test (or wanting time to google "how to beat a polygraph"..?), and sicker when he claimed to be too "unwell" to have it the next day (after deliberately drinking or claiming to drink booze - to justify an expected negative result?). Then he tries twisting the words of the examiner to justify his decision! It's so, so transparent and blatant!

If he IS actually innocent, I can only shake my head at such incredibly self-defeating behaviour. Not that I think he is.

I agree with an open government, but absolutely disagree with an open investigation into the disappearance of a child. Are you suggesting that LE should have an open book of their entire investigation? I hope not. What in God's name is in the best interest of the public to know what the SW stated? Please explain because I am truly at a loss here, <modsnip>, how has that or how will that help Dylan?

I think that it's important for all Americans to know that LE can't bully people into doing what they want and that we have constitutional rights about search and seizure.

After watching some of the questioning of IRS officials this morning it's been made more than clear that some individuals in the position of power will do things that aren't right. And that's why we need a strong press who helps to keep our government in check.

The power that the press has over our government is information. Information that is passed along to individual American citizens who can use that information to prevent injustice.

I feel that releasing the probable cause information that LE used in that first week of this case couldn't possibly ruin this case. The focus of the search warrants was Mark's home and vehicles. That's been known since that first week. Well, it took LE over a week to execute a search warrant, but that's close.

So the focus has been on Mark since the beginning. How can releasing an affidavit to search his home change that?

I feel that releasing the probable cause information that LE used in that first week of this case couldn't possibly ruin this case. The focus of the search warrants was Mark's home and vehicles. That's been known since that first week. Well, it took LE over a week to execute a search warrant, but that's close.

So the focus has been on Mark since the beginning. How can releasing an affidavit to search his home change that?

I see it differently. IMO if MR knew what LE had as probable cause he could destroy possible evidence that might not have been at his home or he could take some drastic action if he thought he was in serious trouble because of what LE have.

IMO that there was enough probable cause for a judge to issue search warrants is enough information for the public.

That they were released somewhere other than MSM is concerning, I have to wonder about that, IMO someone is trying to derail the investigation and I wonder what their motives are, they appear murky at the very least.

Agree, and that they were released by other than LE is also concerning

We need to keep in mind that LE is Dylan's advocate, and sometimes they may want to... hold their cards

my :twocents:

Why would they not issue search warrants for a place a child went missing from?
caused
I do not think anything ER said made them search that property. He just hates his ex!

JMO

I really cant believe what I have been reading here as of late.

jmo

Is this the first time Websleuths has ever seen a search warrant or something? I don't understand why there isn't already a protocol about investigation papers.

Is this the first time Websleuths has ever seen a search warrant or something? I don't understand why there isn't already a protocol about investigation papers.

The issue is the source (posted on FB). We generally see them released by the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne