CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so some time after 9:37 pm he never contacted another person, then walked to the campground and met up with a SO. Didn't have time to call his friend to let him know he couldn't make it, didn't leave a note, didn't call his dad, just started out for the campground.

I understand completely. I think this is a big hole. What time I get concerned is probably different than the time you find concerning but definitely sometime on Monday he should have been contacting someone IMO

The options are - he didn't because he didn't want to or he didn't because he wasn't able to. If he wasn't able to, it was because something happened to him Sunday night or Monday morning.

All IMO

BBM

I don't think it's a question of "he has to," it's just that most fathers, imagining their son stepping into a car that is about to take him away, forever, -- would.

What makes you say that most fathers would? I think that most men will not show their emotions like that.

I have been to quite a few campground, tent camping, RV camping and even cabin rentals, but I don't recall having to show my ID. Wait, on the cabin rental it was required because it was on a military discount so military ID was needed.

I've had the opposite experience. Spent nine summers camping with my kids, from Key West to San Diego, Colorado to Maine, New Mexico, etc. Always had to show ID (KOA, for example, requires pretty much the same information as if you were checking into a hotel), and they almost always took license plate as well. Granted, these were "nice" campgrounds -- some state parks, some private, some national parks. A lot of campgrounds have trouble with people trying to put more than one group to a space, or people inviting friends to stay with them, so they like to keep track of the cars as well as the people.

As many have pointed out, it is important to keep our minds open to all possibilities. That said, I am having a hard time processing the RSO theory through my probability and logic filter. The fact the boy vanished almost immediately after he arrived suggests premeditation to me.
This appears to be a crime of revenge, of which I believe will unravel and be revealed.
How I pray I am wrong.

Premeditation is still interesting to me. Simply because I think it would be much more difficult to carry off an unexpected killing and get away with it. I still hope that if anything was premeditated it was strictly a "hide Dylan" scenario and not something coldblooded :(

I think he would have let someone know, he was 13 years old not 3. Several methods of communication available but he elects to set off on what I consider quite a long jaunt without letting anyone know? And all forms of communication broken? And Imo I don't think he'd consider walking all that way in the first place.

I think that Dylan could have taken off without attempting to contact anyone.

I agree that he would not attempt to walk to his friends, he would try to hitchhike. MOO.

What makes you say that most fathers would? I think that most men will not show their emotions like that.

I guess I'm just fortunate to know a lot of good, caring, decent men. Many of whom are excellent fathers, love their kids dearly, and aren't afraid to show it. There may also be a generational thing going on -- I think some men of my parents' generation were less comfortable with expressing emotion.

IMO.

Well that's different. I have gone camping at private, county, state and federal campgrounds and never had to show ID. The only thing that we have used is my parents "Golden Eagle" pass, or what ever they call it now, to get a discount at federal parks.

I'm telling! ;-)

Don't directly quote me, but didn't MR say in that interview with Tricia that Dylan liked to explore the campgrounds when he visited? If he did, it could be because he could usually find kids his age to hang out with, maybe?

I think he did say that, Emma, and it really freaked me out at the time. He had said how very vigilant he was with Dylan, always knowing who he was with, where he was going, dropping in on his friends and him to check up on them. And then he said he let him go roaming around a campground. The one with the RSO. As I said in another post, I love camping, but I also know that a certain percentage of the people are actual transients (nothing necessarily wrong with that). No way would I have let one of my boys, especially if he were small and only 12 or 13, or younger, roam around a campground by himself in the off season, with very few people around.

JMO.

Premeditation is still interesting to me. Simply because I think it would be much more difficult to carry off an unexpected killing and get away with it. I still hope that if anything was premeditated it was strictly a "hide Dylan" scenario and not something coldblooded :(

Yes, didn't want to or couldn't. And the logic filter (thx Roses!) says why wouldn't he want to if he could? There is no logical explanation for that imo. At the very least I imagine him reaching his friend R to say "my xx%#@ dad wouldn't let me come last night, now he left for town without me, so can your mom or gma come and pick me up?"

somehow I quoted your other post Coldhands but hopefully u know what I meant, sorry!

Do you mean a different one than the one on CR 500?

I'm afraid I don't understand the question; this place is on CR 500. According to Google map, it's about a 10 minute walk from MR's house.

...but this one is interesting too! :blushing:

I have also wondered about a premeditated kidnapping scenario. I can go through all of the facts that we have (few as they are) and for me this is still a possibility. When sifting through details, as soon as my mind heads toward a conclusion I sort of shut down because I cant stand to look at the reality of the two I usually reach. Just too hurtful.

I'm afraid I don't understand the question; this place is on CR 500. According to Google map, it's about a 10 minute walk from MR's house.

I was asking if you were also talking about the RSO who lives about 1/2 mile from MR. I think you were. The one I wondered what he was convicted for. The RSO database gives his address, but no conviction information.

(Sorry my posts are confusing. My keyboard is broken and I use shortcuts.)

I was asking if you were also talking about the RSO who lives about 1/2 mile from MR. I think you were. The one I wondered what he was convicted for. The RSO database gives his address, but no conviction information.

(Sorry my posts are confusing. My keyboard is broken and I use shortcuts.)

I believe it is the same guy. I'm not 100% sure about it, but I thought he was convicted of having a large collection of child *advertiser censored*. I could be mixing him up with someone else from around there, but I think it's him. MOO

I can honestly not see why Dylan would stop communication with his friends . He was texting R back and forth and he was back in town and excited to see his friends . His mum has also said "he was a avid texter"!

Then on Monday morning we know Dylan had time to text or reach out as he had breakfast and watched tv . So he was clearly not rushed in any shape or form and had time to sit down and relax for a bit .

:cow:

I've had the opposite experience. Spent nine summers camping with my kids, from Key West to San Diego, Colorado to Maine, New Mexico, etc. Always had to show ID (KOA, for example, requires pretty much the same information as if you were checking into a hotel), and they almost always took license plate as well. Granted, these were "nice" campgrounds -- some state parks, some private, some national parks. A lot of campgrounds have trouble with people trying to put more than one group to a space, or people inviting friends to stay with them, so they like to keep track of the cars as well as the people.

Interesting how different all of our experiences have been. IMO I think that it's probably safe to say someone could move around through campgrounds relatively undetected if they wanted to. Not the nicer/fancier ones, but it seems they could find places that didn't check or track ID/vehicles, especially in the off season. I was thinking there's always the possibility of someone parking nearby and walking in, too. Unlikely IMO, but possible.

This whole campground discussion has been pretty eye opening, for me anyway. I don't have kids, but if I did I think I'd focus on going to campgrounds that keep track! I had honestly never thought about it before.

Interestingly enough on the recent camping trip I mentioned where they didn't check ID but did warn us about fire danger, one of our cousins' little girls disappeared for about 45 minutes - probably closer to an hour once people realized she'd been gone awhile. She'd left with an adult to head to the restrooms and people assumed they got sidetracked, which fortunately did turn out to be the case, but it took awhile for everyone to realize that the adult she was with was also still "missing." Had they not come back and if LE had been called, I know the campground couldn't have verified they were there or even which group they were with (other than of course taking our word for it). Finding out who else was there camping and had potentially seen or harmed them would've been nearly impossible. Yikes.

I find it pretty unlikely that Dylan did wander off with all his stuff but no note or other contact, but I guess it could've happened. I really hadn't thought through the whole camping aspect before in relation to RSOs, or anyone for that matter. If not a local RSO, one could be visiting from another area, not registered like they're supposed to be, or even just not caught yet. Ugh.

I keep going back to this in my mind as something I would like to see. I would like to see a copy of Dylan's cell records for a month, just to get a bigger picture of his patterns. I myself, as well as my oldest, goes through "spurts." We may talk or text extensively, then we may have a week where we don't text or talk to anyone. I noted that this week, my daughter is usually always on the phone, FB, texting, something but this week it was like she was in a chill mode where all she did was play games on her iPod. Sometimes we feel like talking, and sometimes we are just into something else at the time. I would just like to see the behavioral pattern when it comes to him and communication with others.

I do think that if his cell's battery was dead that he may not have used the land line to call anyone because of maybe not knowing the numbers by heart. Doesn't account for the iPod, but if it's battery were dead also, then it may. My kid tends to run down all devices to the point of having none left before she charges them. I keep thinking if Dylan wanted to get there more hurried than waiting for MR, and his devices were all drained, would he sit around and wait for them to charge, or just toss 'em in his bag, thinking he will charge them up when he gets to his destination.

As far as Dylan's phone use goes, we have heard from EH that Dylan was an avid texter. He had been texting his friends all day, and he had been making plans for the next day. It doesn't seem logical to me that he would suddenly decide he wasn't in the mood to text when he had plans, and had missed his ride to get to a place he was so anxious to get to the day before. In the midst of planning something you want to do would seem to me a very strange time to just decide you didn't feel like texting.

If both devices were dead, he would not have needed to wait for them to charge up before using them. You plug them in, and you can use it while it is plugged in, without waiting for the battery to charge. He easily could have contacted his friends while he was having breakfast, unplugged the phone or iPod, and then tossed it into his bag to fully charge later if that were the case.

I just cannot find any logical reason that Dylan would have set off without contacting someone. According to Mark, Dylan took the time to eat a bowl of cereal and turn on the tv, so obviously he wasn't in any rush. And I can't see any 13 year old boy taking off to walk almost 20 miles, and certainly not without attempting to call or text to try and get a ride first. Especially when his dad would be home within a few hours and had told him that he would take him then.

JMO, as always.

Tuesday, August 21st was the opening day for students attending Lewis Palmer Middle School in 2012.
Here is the link to the 2012-2013 calendar.

http://lewispalmer.schoolfusion.us/modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/917157/File/SY Cal 12-13.pdf

Thank you , so Dylan would now be on summer vacation if he was not missing.

Very different than u,k kids who slave away until July and go back in Sept!!

ETA- I would imagine a very difficult time for Elaine as she would normally be planning things for Dylan to do in the holidays at this stage and instead its her first summer without him , there will be no fun days out for them ! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop