CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't Mark be talking to his liaison about this siting? The siting happened around 2:00 so he would have been still in the area at that time. I can't believe he wouldn't be all over LE about this and if LE told him it was discounted & why...well, it doesn't look very good on MR to go on the Dr. Phil show and knowingly give mis-information.

He didn't "tell" her anything, he sent a text. IMO, something in that text caused EH to call the Sheriff.

Go ahead and substitute the word "text" where I said "tell". I was wondering, do you know the content of that text?

The admin of the FB got that info from LE herself. So I don't understand the difference. Are you saying that LE never shared that info with Mark that those two boys had come forward and were NOT valid sightings?

Why do you think the admin got the info from LE?? The things you're stating as facts about the facebook are really confusing to me, katy.

Do you have anything at all to back up all these claims you're stating as facts?

No, I didn't say at all that LE never shared that info with Mark. I said I don't know why Mark would have gone to facebook to get the status of sightings, when he had direct access to LE (IMO) to ask them the statuses.

I'm sure that once LE found the boys, talked to them, confirmed neither was Dylan, and that Dylan hadn't been with them, that they told Mark.

My opinion is that that happened in March, around the time of the LE press release, where they published the information.

:cow:

I was just rereading this, and imagining his reply to LE when they asked if the backpack was still there, and if he said " well I don't know, let me go look for it because I ..that's not something that I was looking for..."

Wouldn't that make the investigators a bit curious that he had never bothered to check for his missing son's belongings ? :what:

Katy, at home I believe I have all the links/info. about when MR first stated backpack was missing. Will look for it when I get home and let you know the earliest date I have. If memory serves me correct, this may be another one of those yucky inconsistencies of MR that may need to be clarified somehow.

Old gold nugget post by TXJan:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9019531&postcount=103"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

A postal worker possibly saw the boy Monday on County Road 501, near Vallecito, and two rescue workers may have seen the boy Tuesday afternoon, said Dan Bender, spokesman with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office. Both sightings are unconfirmed, and, in both cases, the boy ran from rescue workers up a hill in the Vallecito area, Bender said. “We’re assuming at this point – it may be Dylan – eluded searchers,” he said. “We’re leaning toward his being a runaway.”
http://durangoherald.com/article/201...near-Vallecito

11/21/12
Two rescue workers said they possibly saw him on separate occasions Tuesday afternoon, but he fled into the forest. Bender said Wednesday one of the sightings turned out to be a jogger; the second may have been the same jogger or Dylan.
http://durangoherald.com/article/201...et-about-order

11/25/12
At the same time, authorities are looking to talk to two boys who were spotted by a female postal worker northbound about 2 p.m. Nov. 19, in the 18000 block of County Road 501, at the Vallecito Lake Country Market, according to La Plata County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Dan Bender.
http://www.durangoherald.com/article...arch-reservoir

11/28/12
“There’s a combination of factors,” Bender said. “There’s been the passage of time without any sightings; Dylan was not a visitor but had friends here; he has a history of staying in contact with his family and friends; and there’s been nothing on his cellphone record since he was reported missing.” http://www.durangoherald.com/article....CwvEVNRs.dpuf

12/02/12
Several possible sightings of Dylan were reported early on, but those have been discounted.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22...#ixzz2M303Ffc6

12/02/12
Several possible sightings of Dylan were reported early on, but those have been discounted.
http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/...ts-wait-wonder

Facebook (FMDR TIMELINE)
People reported seeing him walking but all of those reports turned out to be unsubstantiated. (There is another older boy at the lake who looks similar to Dylan)

The mail lady reported seeing a kid that looked like Dylan walking but that again was unsubstantiated. She could not positively identify the kid she saw walking as being Dylan.
https://www.facebook.com/FindMissing...06722792687661
======================================================

On 12/2/12 the local boy who looks like Dylan was revealed.
Are we now saying that Mark knew nothing about that?

What MR said about the backpack missing not being discovered until possibly day 2 is of concern to me also, because whereas I can understand MR and ER being so upset that they don't think of the backpack right off because they're concentrating on Dylan, I have to wonder why no one else thought to ask about the backpack to prompt looking for it, particularly LE. That should have been a very early question, and definitely on day 1.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall to hear when each person thought of, and asked about, the backpack.

Again, I am asking about the actual content of the text.

GRACE: What were his words when the dad told you he couldn`t find Dylan?

REDWINE: He asked me if I had heard from Dylan. And I told him it was -- you know, it was disconcerting to me that I was, you know, six hours away, and he was asking me that question.

Katy, at home I believe I have all the links/info. about when MR first stated backpack was missing. Will look for it when I get home and let you know the earliest date I have. If memory serves me correct, this may be another one of those yucky inconsistencies of MR that may need to be clarified somehow.

IIRC they had the dogs up there on the tuesday and had nothing of Dylans for scent which was why clothes had to be brought in from Colorado Springs

and those dogs found a scent, it was never a definate scent of Dylan.

(very respectfully snipped for space)

Good to see you TxJan. Yes, that March press release is what started the conversation. The issue that arose that I was posting about is that some people are claiming that MR had stated that he reported Dylan missing, and claiming that March press release was refuting Mark's prior statement(s).

So if you follow the conversation through, you'll see that I was addressing those claims. Hence my post showing that LE had stated Mark reported Dylan missing earlier on, not Mark.

I definitely am one of those who feel that LE statements trump all else! and agree it would be great if we could all be on the same page as much as possible.

You say you think you have all the statements about Dylan being reported missing - could I impose on you, when you get a chance, to see if you have any statements at all where Mark states the he reported Dylan missing? I can't find any, and no one has posted any quotes from him.

Thanks!

Cheese, trying to get this right... so you are saying that you need to hear this straight from MR's mouth, and neither a MSM report nor LE release is adequate for this purpose?

And:
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121226/NEWS01/121229694/-1/s

The reward for information leading to solving the disappearance of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, who went missing from his father’s house in Vallecito on Nov. 19, now stands at $20,000.

“I just went to the bank this morning and deposited $4,000 more,” Denise Hess, an Ignacio resident and family friend who has led the community effort to find the youngster, said Wednesday.

The reward could go for a lead resulting in an arrest or information leading to Dylan’s whereabouts, Durango Police Department Officer Ron Wysocki said.

=============================================

She was the Volunteer Search Coordinator, and was in charge of the REWARD FUND in the bank account, and the SEARCH HDQTRS were inside her video store and she was the Administrator of the Find MIssing Dylan Redwine FBook.

So I have no problem BELIEVING HER when she said her updates were coming from Law Enforcement. Why are people having a hard time believing that now? I don't get it.

Cheese, trying to get this right... so you are saying that you need to hear this straight from MR's mouth, and neither a MSM report nor LE release is adequate for this purpose?

No I have not said that.

Wouldn't Mark be talking to his liaison about this siting? The siting happened around 2:00 so he would have been still in the area at that time. I can't believe he wouldn't be all over LE about this and if LE told him it was discounted & why...well, it doesn't look very good on MR to go on the Dr. Phil show and knowingly give mis-information.

So the mail lady tells Mark that she saw Dylan walking in the neighborhood. And a few others in town described similar sightings, around the Vallecito area. A week or so later a kid comes forward and says that he was the one in those places at those times, and he looks just like Dylan.

Are we now saying that even though there was a big ANNOUNCEMENT on FMDR, that Mark had no idea that this lookalike kid came forward?

And if Mark missed that banner on the FB, that he never asked LE or ER or DH or Cory, if they heard anything more about those sightings?

So the mail lady tells Mark that she saw Dylan walking in the neighborhood. And a few others in town described similar sightings, around the Vallecito area. A week or so later a kid comes forward and says that he was the one in those places at those times, and he looks just like Dylan.

Are we now saying that even though there was a big ANNOUNCEMENT on FMDR, that Mark had no idea that this lookalike kid came forward?

And if Mark missed that banner on the FB, that he never asked LE or ER or DH or Cory, if they heard anything more about those sightings?

I can tell you that I missed that on FMDR. At that point in the case I was getting my information from MSM and that's it. And as has been stated before, facebook is not a news source and an awareness page that to this day day does not keep up with MSM articles would not be a parent's first choice for information.

I think we should really agree to disagree on this issue. While it's possible that a postal worker and MR lied on national televison, the existence of a discussion on facebook does not make it read by the people in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx