CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would LE know?

They have ways of knowing. That is one of the reasons why they did the SW imo.

Plus they were in the home very early on and already saw things Im sure MR told them that Dylan brought with him.

He may have allowed them to take certain things with them without a SW.

IMO

I think I need to take a break.

I got nothing.

All I really know is Dylan made it safely off the plane and now he's gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously I don't think he was a regular hitch hiker as many are thinking. I think it simply meant he would catch a ride with someone he recognized. I just can't see a 13 year old sitting on the freeway with his thumb out.

Rural living is very different than other areas. People usually know everyone and they are way more trusting than in congested areas that is filled with violent crime.

I dont find this odd at all. I wouldnt have let any of our children do it when they were growing up but who knows maybe they did and their close friends knew and they never told us about it. They also grew up in a rural area where they knew just about everyone here.

IMO

Not directing this at you, just jumping off of your post...

We are in a rural area and I can't tell you how many years it's been since I've seen anyone hitchiking and I know I've never seen a child do it.

Im pretty certain that if my 14yo son wanted to go somewhere, and his only method of transport was hitchhiking, he's not going anywhere. I don't think that option would ever even cross his mind.

They have ways of knowing. That is one of the reasons why they did the SW imo.

Plus they were in the home very early on and already saw things Im sure MR told them that Dylan brought with him.

IMO

Well they sure haven't confirmed they know he made it to the house.
Although they did confirm he made it to the airport.

I wonder where the dad was Monday afternoon when he was texting Dylan. Was he at home "with spotty cell reception". So he does have cable (and probably internet) at his house.

I wonder if he was remembering back to a time when Dylan would watch Nickelodeon....sounds like a reflection. I would think most 13 years olds would be past those programs....

The video of the search showed a Direct TV dish out front.

In one of the earlier threads locals posted that hitching is common in the area

I wonder if we should be looking at the other end?
Were his friends trying to reach him that morning and all afternoon? Can that be established?
Perhaps he made it there and something bad happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am looking at all possibilites when it comes to people who may know something or may be involved.

I remember that his mom's side of the family also lives in this area.

Cant get that out of my mind for some dang reason.

IMO

Seriously I don't think he was a regular hitch hiker as many are thinking. I think it simply meant he would catch a ride with someone he recognized. I just can't see a 13 year old sitting on the freeway with his thumb out.

I think you're right.

as it's one road in one road out it doesn't sound like it would be heavily travelled.

I still think its odd though if he hitched a ride with someone he knew that no one saw anything.

Well they sure haven't confirmed they know he made it to the house.
Although they did confirm he made it to the airport.

They just did the SW Thursday. Uggghh. They will put what they have learned in the ongoing investigation together and will have a theory whether he was in the home or not.

It takes time.

IMO

I am looking at all possibilites when it comes to people who may know something or may be involved.

I remember that his mom's side of the family also lives in this area.

Cant get that out of my mind for some dang reason.

IMO

do you have a link to that information? I don't recall having seen anything about the mothers family other than the grandmother being sick and thanksgiving was to be at castle rock

are you suspicious of the mothers family for some reason?

I think you're right.

as it's one road in one road out it doesn't sound like it would be heavily travelled.

I still think its odd though if he hitched a ride with someone he knew that no one saw anything.

Im not sure that is true though.

A local from that area said it was common to hitch-hike and they didnt say it was always with someone they knew.

Hitch-hiking use to be really the norm years ago and I dont thnk this small area has caught up with the times and still does it.

IMO

do you have a link to that information? I don't recall having seen anything about the mothers family other than the grandmother being sick and thanksgiving was to be at castle rock

I will try to find the link again. I read it on here days ago and the threads go by lightning fast. But it just makes sense anyway. This is where both parents lived for their 20 years of marriage and I imagine they were both raised in that area.

Im not sure that is true though.

A local from that area said it was common to hitch-hike and they didnt say it was always with someone they knew.

Hitch-hiking use to be really the norm years ago and I dont thnk this small area has caught up with the times and still do it.

IMO

not sure whats true?

one road in one out or that no one saw anything?

Not directing this at you, just jumping off of your post...

We are in a rural area and I can't tell you how many years it's been since I've seen anyone hitchiking and I know I've never seen a child do it.

Im pretty certain that if my 14yo son wanted to go somewhere, and his only method of transport was hitchhiking, he's not going anywhere. I don't think that option would ever even cross his mind.

Interesting. I was assuming hitchhiking meant with a stranger. I live in a rural area and all the kids know each other and all the adults. I have , more than once, picked up a neighbor kid and dropped him back at home. He was a friend of my sons and we knew each other well. I see him walking a mile or 2 from home and I'm going that way, I'd say you want a ride and he would. No harm, no foul. So maybethat is the kind of ' hitching' a ride that Dylan would do when his friends say he has been known to. It's not so much the thumb up and hope a stranger comes by but more like hoping a friendly face who knows him well comes by and gives him a lift. I cant' believe I never thought of this before.

If it was someone that knew him well, why hasn't that person come forward though?

It does! I had only been thinking of hitch hiking from a stranger, not someone he may have known. That makes sense.

I don't think that getting a ride from someone you know is referred to as hitchhiking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice for Brenda Goudge