CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to beat a dead horse but I know there have been varying opinions regarding this court-ordered visitation thing and I thought of another example.
My stepdaughter lives in CO, and she has two kids by her first hubby. A couple years ago, when her son and daughter would have been 10 and 12 or so, the daughter just started refusing to go with her dad on the weekend. Nothing happened, she didn't get in trouble with the court and she has not lost custody of them. Maybe because the dad didn't push it or report it to the judge, IDK. And to be fair, maybe MR would have, so not taking sides. But, I am getting the strong impression that maybe Dylan was not all that unhappy about going, but thought he had to show a little reluctance to please his mom. Kids can be conniving sometimes.

When I was 13 my dad married a witch. I promptly moved in with my mother. I was ordered to visit Dad every other weekend and I refused to go. Dad had Mom charged with contempt about 5 times but when it went to court the judge told Dad that I was 13 and unless he wanted to drag me in the car kicking & screaming and keep me handcuffed to him all weekend he really didn't see what Dad expected anyone to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure MR would have reported it to the judge. You are talking about someone who went to visit his divorce lawyer on Monday, even though divorce was in 2007.
So I don't think he would just let it go.

Just following off your post...

If MR went to his divorce lawyer on Monday, it could have been to see if he could get a reduction in child support payment since Dylan would be staying with him for one week??? Just a thought...
MOO

Whatever evidence they have or don't have-against anyone, they have not found Dylan.
Prosecution without a body is still extremely rare.

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/6759...a-jones-after-claiming-daughter-kidnapped.htm

Detroit Dad Gets Life in Prison: D'Andre Lane Sentenced for Murdering 2-year-old Bianca Jones After Claiming Daughter was 'Kidnapped'

While Jones' body has never been found (police believe her found disposed of it in an incarcerator) Lane continued to plead his innocence throughout the entire proceedings, claiming that police led an incomplete investigation.

bbm, Looking for info I found this yesterday, I do agree it is unusual.

Earlier in the thread, several posts had said Dylan had taken everything with him, ie nothing of his was left at dad's. As some are popping in and out of the swiftly moving Dylan threads, wanted to point out this news that came out this weekend, from dad:

His son's fishing pole was gone. So was his black-and-gray backpack. A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch.
link BBM

Then last night on NG:

GRACE: OK, so that`s normal. What about the cell phone and the backpack and other belongings?

REDWINE: It was my understanding from his dad that everything Dylan had was in his backpack including his cell phone, his iPod, his iPod charger, his cell phone charger, all of his clothes. So we had to actually make a trip to get some of Dylan`s clothes from where we live in Colorado Springs because it was my understanding there were no clothes at his dad`s house.

GRACE: At the home.

Ellie, what did you learn?

JOSTAD: Well, Nancy, there are some reports that there was some clothing left behind. But, you know, Elaine points out something that we`d asked about. We knew that they did have to go fetch more clothing in Colorado Springs for those scent dogs. So it would make more sense that everything was gone with Dylan.
link

I thought it was somewhere in this thread, not sure who said it, so cannot give you a link. It could have been something the mom said, not sure, just thought I read it on here.

I remember this being said as well.

OMG...I was JUST thinking about Jaycee in regards to Dylans case. Ya never know...I mean ya just NEVER know. Youre so correct about truth being stranger than fiction. Especially round these parts..WS Land.

bbm

Completely OT - you could not be more correct...I am listening to the live streaming of the Dee Dee Moore trial.....the truth in that case may be the strangest I have ever heard..

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/6759...a-jones-after-claiming-daughter-kidnapped.htm

Detroit Dad Gets Life in Prison: D'Andre Lane Sentenced for Murdering 2-year-old Bianca Jones After Claiming Daughter was 'Kidnapped'

While Jones' body has never been found (police believe her found disposed of it in an incarcerator) Lane continued to plead his innocence throughout the entire proceedings, claiming that police led an incomplete investigation.

bbm, Looking for info I found this yesterday, I do agree it is unusual.

It can happen but it's so rare. Prosecutors still want a body if they are to charge anyone with murder. Unless they have witnesses or some strong evidence the person is dead (a large amount of blood, etc). Just looking at the missing cases on this board- a whole bunch of missing people and no one has been charged with anything.

If MR went to his divorce lawyer on Monday, it could have been to see if he could get a reduction in child support payment since Dylan would be staying with him for one week??? Just a thought...
MOO

I tried that when I went on vacation for a week while still living at home and paying rent, it didn't work.

It seems to me the LE are expending a lot of manpower, time, and resources to continue their investigation, if they have any evidence against MR. I wish we had some news. jms

In addition to what jjenny said, it is also partially my fear that they don't have any firm evidence-just suspicions which rarely win convictions.

This is a crazy thought but what if LE wants the suspicion on dad so that the real perpetrator feels safe. The perp feels safe and then relaxes and gets sloppy. Idk if I actually believe this its just a thought. Plus it seems easier to think a stranger hurt Dylan than his own father. I still pray Dylan isn't hurt but I am also realistic :-(

Dogs are not a 100 %. They hit on something. Doesn't mean it's a human body. That's why LE stopped searching the lake, IMO.

Nope, dogs are not right 100% of the time. Of course, neither is LE right 100% of the time. I think it was too costly to keep going, but that doesn't mean there isn't something there to find. MOO

I respect your viewpoint, but I have my own.

Dogs are not a 100 %. They hit on something. Doesn't mean it's a human body. That's why LE stopped searching the lake, IMO.

Very unusual, in my experience, to have 3 dogs/2handlers/two different days hit on the same spot and it not be what those dogs are trained to hit on.

Could happen .. but the back of my mind is still saying .. multiple dogs trained to smell human decomp .. hit on that lake in virtually the same location ... explain that?

Just a nagging in the back of my mind ...

Nothing is 100% ... nothing.

MOO

Nope, not likely. That would be a little more trouble than it would be worth, having to go to court and I doubt if a judge would even consider it.

Yup .. I just looked at the cell towers.. not thinking there would be a difference.

I also trust the dogs ... I can't shake the fact that they hit on that lake ..

It's all so frustrating..

I cant shake it either. Now if the dogs had only alerted one day and then went back the next day and did not alert then I could think they may have had a false alert the first day. But two days in a row? Nope, aint buying it and didnt Mark say that LE told him they still have interest in that area?

Was it hunting season in that area when Dylan went missing? Could Dylan have been walking in the woods toward the lake and came across a hunter and maybe the hunter accidently shot Dylan thinking he was a deer coming though the woods and panicked and threw his body in the lake? Accidents like that have happened before and sometimes people try to cover it up. Or maybe the hunter was someone who turned out to be a sickening pedo and saw a young boy alone with no one around. Dylan looks younger than his real age, imo.

I have felt from the beginning once I learned of the scent hits that Dylan is in that area and maybe in the lake. His body could easily be trapped under some debris and the water is cold and deep which would mean the body wouldnt rise this time of year. That is why they called drowning victims 'spring floaters' because the water has to warm up for them to rise to the top.

I think he is there but I dont think his father put him there either or knows anything about what happened to his son.

IMO

What I'm saying is that the batteries just conk out - dead - won't hold a charge anymore. And you don't know that it's about to happen in advance. One day, your phone just can't be charged anymore and you have to replace the battery.

Been there, done that with a teen who was on the phone constantly during the daytime and kept it on the charger all night every night.

Oh, and dropping them frequently isn't good for them, either.:rolleyes:

BBM...well, I'm in trouble then.

But really, I had a first-gen iPhone that survived many an accidental trip down the stairs at work, and even a couple drops in the parking lot. That phone was a real trooper...I never had a single problem with it until 1 night the battery died and I couldn't recharge it. (RIP, little guy.) My Blackberry has a number of battle scars, too, and rarely has issues.

I cant shake it either. Now if the dogs had only alerted one day and then went back the next day and did not alert then I could think they may have had a false alert the first day. But two days in a row? Nope, aint buying it and didnt Mark say that LE told him they still have interest in that area?

Was it hunting season in that area when Dylan went missing? Could Dylan have been walking in the woods toward the lake and came across a hunter and maybe the hunter accidently shot Dylan thinking he was a deer coming though the woods and panicked and threw his body in the lake? Accidents like that have happened before and sometimes people try to cover it up. Or maybe the hunter was someone who turned out to be a sickening pedo and saw a young boy alone with no one around. Dylan looks younger than his real age, imo.

I have felt from the beginning once I learned of the scent hits that Dylan is in that area and maybe in the lake. His body could easily be trapped under some debris and the water is cold and deep which would mean the body wouldnt rise this time of year. That is why they called drowning victims 'spring floaters' because the water has to warm up for them to rise to the top.

I think he is there but I dont think his father put him there either or knows anything about what happened to his son.

IMO

When I go to "I think he's in the lake" .. I start thinking MR could have put him there .. I think that's why I avoid "the lake" .. I don't want it to be MR.

But I also can't shake that .. MR was kinda insistant about them checking the lake .. and the fishing pole thing .. almost like IF he knows he's there .. he WANTS him found ..

Don't know if that makes sense .. (and hope I'm not walking the fine line of accusing dad .. I really AM just a :fence: sitter).. trying to work out possibilities.

all imo imo imo ... and :moo:

I am pretty sure MR would have reported it to the judge. You are talking about someone who went to visit his divorce lawyer on Monday, even though divorce was in 2007.
So I don't think he would just let it go.

We don't know why he went to see the divorce lawyer, though.
At any rate, I'm just saying at 13, I don't see how the court can force a kid to visit a parent if he did not want to, and I wasn't talking about MR. Just saying that it has been done before, in two separate families and with no repercussions. Since we only have the word of the mom saying she had no choice, I just disagree with some other opinions.
<mod snip>

Nope, dogs are not right 100% of the time. Of course, neither is LE right 100% of the time. I think it was too costly to keep going, but that doesn't mean there isn't something there to find. MOO

I respect your viewpoint, but I have my own.

They told MR that they still have interest in that area. Something has to be nagging them about the hits two days in a row.

And of course it doesnt mean the dogs are wrong either.

The dogs scented when my neighbor drowned herself in a huge lake close by our home and witnesses saw her go in......they were on the bank on the other side of the lake when she went in. LE and the searchers used the dogs by taking them out in boats to search for her two months and never found her body. So she was in there and still is but due to the conditions..debris.. floor pockets etc she was never found even though LE knew she had drowned in the lake. They ruled it a suicide by drowning.

They even drained the lake down some and pulled out a lot of things people had thrown in the lake or that had fallen over from boats.

IMO

Where exactly did you see that? I haven't seen anything of the sort.

Google maps will show it. just enter durango, bayfield and vallecito. It is nowhere near 'on the way' from the airport

Ok so I was reading the transcript from NG's show last night and this caught my eye...
BBM

In the 9news video report on Nov.30 the reporter at the 00:28 mark states "Investigators took an Ipod and 2 vehicles among other items as they searched Mark Redwine's home..." BBM

Not sure who this reporter's source was as it has not been revealed what was taken during the SW, but if true, does this put DR at his father's home Sun night/Mon morning?

Thoughts?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

http://www.9news.com/news/article/302378/339/Missing-boys-father-denies-involvement (Video report 00:28 mark)

Not necessarily. Because he could have taken anything out of the backpack himself. Just because an iPod made it to the cabin, it does not mean that a living boy did. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member