CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm mistaken but I read here this morning that the friends lived the other direction than the route from the airport to Dad's house, so it wouldn't be as simple as dropping him off, it would be more like driving an extra 30-45 minutes the other way. ...

Where exactly did you see that? I haven't seen anything of the sort.

OMG...I was JUST thinking about Jaycee in regards to Dylans case. Ya never know...I mean ya just NEVER know. Youre so correct about truth being stranger than fiction. Especially round these parts..WS Land.

Some of her classmates also witnessed the abduction.

What water? I wonder if it pinged in the area of a body of water?

I love dogs. My pugs may only be good at sniffing out food crumbs, but they do that so well. I haven't been able to discount that the HRD dogs had a hit at the south end of the lake. That's a mighty big lake. MOO:moo:

Would a ping in the area of the lake be distinguishable from a ping at Dad's house? As I understand it, there aren't many towers around the area. LE hasn't released any information about pings anyway, so it seems pointless to speculate on that. Again, JMO.

Not to beat a dead horse but I know there have been varying opinions regarding this court-ordered visitation thing and I thought of another example.
My stepdaughter lives in CO, and she has two kids by her first hubby. A couple years ago, when her son and daughter would have been 10 and 12 or so, the daughter just started refusing to go with her dad on the weekend. Nothing happened, she didn't get in trouble with the court and she has not lost custody of them. Maybe because the dad didn't push it or report it to the judge, IDK. And to be fair, maybe MR would have, so not taking sides. But, I am getting the strong impression that maybe Dylan was not all that unhappy about going, but thought he had to show a little reluctance to please his mom. Kids can be conniving sometimes.

An entire team looking into the RSOs makes me feel better. I know many here have pretty much already convicted, but I am always scared to do that in fear that something will be missed. I feel very happy that LE has different teams actively working different angles.

I am also dying to see the results of some of the searches they have done lately, but I guess we will never know until a trial maybe.

It seems to me the LE are expending a lot of manpower, time, and resources to continue their investigation, if they have any evidence against MR. I wish we had some news. jms

Both the friend and the mom said that Dylan had made plans to go to his friends that night. But we also know that the flight was delayed by one day or so, so maybe that is why the original plans were for Sunday evening.

Ok, thanks.
I think my head is getting muddled from the details.

Not to beat a dead horse but I know there have been varying opinions regarding this court-ordered visitation thing and I thought of another example.
My stepdaughter lives in CO, and she has two kids by her first hubby. A couple years ago, when her son and daughter would have been 10 and 12 or so, the daughter just started refusing to go with her dad on the weekend. Nothing happened, she didn't get in trouble with the court and she has not lost custody of them. Maybe because the dad didn't push it or report it to the judge, IDK. And to be fair, maybe MR would have, so not taking sides. But, I am getting the strong impression that maybe Dylan was not all that unhappy about going, but thought he had to show a little reluctance to please his mom. Kids can be conniving sometimes.

I am pretty sure MR would have reported it to the judge. You are talking about someone who went to visit his divorce lawyer on Monday, even though divorce was in 2007.
So I don't think he would just let it go.

But a criminal investigation does not necessarily mean Dylan was killed by his father, right? It just means that Dylan is not missing of his own accord, and he isn't lost in the woods. No other options have been ruled out, to my knowledge.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, because I imagine the most likely explanation will prove to be right. But unless/until Dad is named by the LE as the prime suspect, I will continue to look at other possible explanations for Dylan's disappearance.

I was responding to this portion of your post, as LE had ruled out other possibilities beyond runaway.

LE has stated Dylan is not a runaway. Other than that, I haven't heard LE rule out any other possibilities.

Of course the narrowing to abduction/foul play/criminal investigation doesn't solely mean dad did anything, and my post didn't state or imply that. It appears any option that could fall into the bolded above is currently being considered, especially given a portion of the task force is looking into RSO's.

Moo

Ok so I was reading the transcript from NG's show last night and this caught my eye...
GRACE: OK, so that`s normal. What about the cell phone and the backpack and other belongings?

REDWINE: It was my understanding from his dad that everything Dylan had was in his backpack including his cell phone, his iPod, his iPod charger, his cell phone charger, all of his clothes. So we had to actually make a trip to get some of Dylan`s clothes from where we live in Colorado Springs because it was my understanding there were no clothes at his dad`s house.
BBM

In the 9news video report on Nov.30 the reporter at the 00:28 mark states "Investigators took an Ipod and 2 vehicles among other items as they searched Mark Redwine's home..." BBM

Not sure who this reporter's source was as it has not been revealed what was taken during the SW, but if true, does this put DR at his father's home Sun night/Mon morning?

Thoughts?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

http://www.9news.com/news/article/302378/339/Missing-boys-father-denies-involvement (Video report 00:28 mark)

It seems to me the LE are expending a lot of manpower, time, and resources to continue their investigation, if they have any evidence against MR. I wish we had some news. jms

Whatever evidence they have or don't have-against anyone, they have not found Dylan.
Prosecution without a body is still extremely rare.

Ok so I was reading the transcript from NG's show last night and this caught my eye...
BBM

In the 9news video report on Nov.30 the reporter at the 00:28 mark states "Investigators took an Ipod and 2 vehicles among other items as they searched Mark Redwine's home..." BBM

Not sure who this reporter's source was as it has not been revealed what was taken during the SW, but if true, does this put DR at his father's home Sun night/Mon morning?

Thoughts?

http://www.9news.com/news/article/302378/339/Missing-boys-father-denies-involvement (Video report 00:28 mark)

Not necessarily. I can come up with several scenarios of why it wouldn't.

OMG...I was JUST thinking about Jaycee in regards to Dylans case. Ya never know...I mean ya just NEVER know. Youre so correct about truth being stranger than fiction. Especially round these parts..WS Land.

I've thought about Jaycee's case. I've also thought about the Skelton brothers.

I love dogs. My pugs may only be good at sniffing out food crumbs, but they do that so well. I haven't been able to discount that the HRD dogs had a hit at the south end of the lake. That's a mighty big lake. MOO:moo:

Would a ping in the area of the lake be distinguishable from a ping at Dad's house? As I understand it, there aren't many towers around the area. LE hasn't released any information about pings anyway, so it seems pointless to speculate on that. Again, JMO.

Yup .. I just looked at the cell towers.. not thinking there would be a difference.

I also trust the dogs ... I can't shake the fact that they hit on that lake ..

It's all so frustrating..

Both the friend and the mom said that Dylan had made plans to go to his friends that night. But we also know that the flight was delayed by one day or so, so maybe that is why the original plans were for Sunday evening.

That was my impression too katydid, the original plan was for Dylan to arrive Saturday and spend time at his father's place and then go to the friend's (for a sleep over?) on Sunday night. Might also explain why MR made appointments for the Monday if he wasn't expecting Dylan to be around that day.

After looking at the map, it would not have been much of an issue to drop Dylan off in Bayfield from the airport and then continue on home. Unless of course you had to make a stop in Durango for groceries etc. Which it appears MR had to do. And he was probably planning on doing this on Saturday but with the change in flight schedule that got all messed up. So he had to do it Sunday which made it too late and too out of the way for Dylan to be able to keep his planned visit to the friend?

I can see there must have been a lot of tension there because of that change in flight schedule. Which could be blamed on ER insisting that Dylan take a flight that didn't require a change of planes? All of the plans were messed up and you've possibly got a tired and cranky 13yr old who may not even want to be visiting his Dad in the first place, his old friends yes, his Dad...maybe not so much, and I'm sure there could have been a lot of things said between them during that ride home. And if the 13yr old was mouthing off while texting on his phone to his friends, maybe the phone got grabbed out of his hands and.....

I'd like to know if LE are checking around the area of the last ping from Dylan's phone. Was it while they were still travelling back to Vallecito or was it actually at the house?

MOO

Where exactly did you see that? I haven't seen anything of the sort.

I thought it was somewhere in this thread, not sure who said it, so cannot give you a link. It could have been something the mom said, not sure, just thought I read it on here.

I was responding to this portion of your post, as LE had ruled out other possibilities beyond runaway.

Of course the narrowing to abduction/foul play/criminal investigation doesn't solely mean dad did anything, and my post didn't state or imply that. It appears any option that could fall into the bolded above is currently being considered, especially given a portion of the task force is looking into RSO's.

Moo

They mentioned abduction/kidnapping very early on and have not backed off of that and its been over two weeks. I wonder if they have some evidence that shows that still may be a good possibility and that is why they have not ruled it out.

IMO

Yup .. I just looked at the cell towers.. not thinking there would be a difference.

I also trust the dogs ... I can't shake the fact that they hit on that lake ..

It's all so frustrating..

Dogs are not a 100 %. They hit on something. Doesn't mean it's a human body. That's why LE stopped searching the lake, IMO.

I thought it was somewhere in this thread, not sure who said it, so cannot give you a link. It could have been something the mom said, not sure, just thought I read it on here.

I don't see anything on this thread that says that.

BBM

Thoughts?

It's not uncommon for multiple folks in a family to have an Ipod. I'll wait for LE to tell me whose Ipod it was. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop