Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading through the NG transcript:

DENNY: From what I understand, they`ve taken two trucks from the home, from Mark Redwine`s home, and -- for further investigation. Mark has also said that they let him back into the home today. And he noticed that several items were taken, but that he wouldn`t elaborate on what exactly had been removed from the home.
link BBM

So, LE barred access to the house from the time the search warrant was served Thursday, Fri, Sat, Sun, and released it sometime yesterday? Seems like a long time, IMO.

REDWINE: It`s extremely unusual for Dylan. I mean, you know, he wanted me to get him a smartphone so bad and in retrospect I wish I would have gotten him one quicker, but it was what I was going to get him for Christmas, what I`m going to get him for Christmas because he kind of outgrew his little -- his phone that he had. It was just a little flip phone. And he was just - - that thing was smoking by the time he was done.

So mom didn't say his phone was old.

When I go to "I think he's in the lake" .. I start thinking MR could have put him there .. I think that's why I avoid "the lake" .. I don't want it to be MR.

But I also can't shake that .. MR was kinda insistant about them checking the lake .. and the fishing pole thing .. almost like IF he knows he's there .. he WANTS him found ..

Don't know if that makes sense .. (and hope I'm not walking the fine line of accusing dad .. I really AM just a :fence: sitter).. trying to work out possibilities.

all imo imo imo ... and :moo:

That really doesnt bother me because I dont think whatever happened to Dylan has anything to do with his dad.

He isnt the only one that would put Dylan in a lake and frankly I havent seen a motive why he would do such a thing.

I think he was honest from the get go. He didnt care how it would look to others. Imo he told them the truth that the fishing pole was missing and that is why MR couldnt understand why it took them as long as it did to even search the lake.

If he was really in the lake and put there by his daddy......MR would be the last person that would want the lake immediately searched instead of wanting it searched immediately. And it still has to bother him that the dogs alerted two days in a row but they stopped searching. I know it would make me furious.

IMO

Just reading through the NG transcript:

link BBM

So, LE barred access to the house from the time the search warrant was served Thursday, Fri, Sat, Sun, and released it sometime yesterday? Seems like a long time, IMO.

Moo

Heck LE kept the Lunsfords home seized for longer than that. And in the Greone case it was many weeks before they released the home back to the Greone family. I think it was around three weeks or more.

And when the Gee family in Illinois were murdered from the last article I read a couple of months ago .........that home still has not been released back to the family and it happened in 2009. The family went to court to get the home released.

So really with nothing much going on during the weekend this is a very short time. They were there late on Thursday too.

IMO

Dogs are not a 100 %. They hit on something. Doesn't mean it's a human body. That's why LE stopped searching the lake, IMO.

Respectfully,
I know you have repeatedly mentioned that these dogs can and do hit on dead animals. I am just not sure about that as I have too wondered that and have been looking into it. What I have found is that these animals if trained properly will not alert to dead animals.

I know Sarx here has given a website on the capabilities of trained cadaver dogs although I can't recall her link. However here are a few other links that state these same things.
Cadaver dogs are trained to ignore live human scent and animal scent, and only indicate on human remains.
A trained human cadaver dog will not signal a living person or an animal (except pigs), but it will signal a recently deceased, putrefying or skeletonised human corpse
Trained dogs are able to distinguish between human remains, animal remains, and a wide range of other odors that would normally be expected to distract them.
bbm
These are just a few, there are many more. I only bring this up not to discount what you feel at all, but to question why they would not continue to search where the dogs picked up Human decomposition? Whether or not this would be DR, it would be concerning, someone's decomp was alerted to and that is frightening. IMHO

http://www.illinoissearchdogs.org/capabilities/cadaver_dogs.shtml

http://www.biologycorner.com/anatomy/senses/crimedogs.html

http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/cadaverdogs.html#

Heck LE kept the Lunsfords home seized for longer than that. And in the Greone case it was many weeks before they released the home back to the Greone family. I think it was around three weeks or more.

And when the Gee family in Illinois were murdered from the last article I read a couple of months ago .........that home still has not been released back to the family and it happened in 2009. The family went to court to get the home released.

So really with nothing much going on during the weekend this is a very short time. They were there late on Thursday too.

IMO

There are cases here as well where it's been quicker than that. IMO, the timeframe is interesting, in yours it may not be. :)

Moo

Omg, so did mine! Well mine swears that he was walking along the dock texting and minding his own business when the lake jumped up at him and attacked him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It happens! Well...I dunno 'bout lakes, but I do know from personal experience that parking lots are vicious creeps! I even had one jump at me out of nowhere and grab my laptop once. But I showed him!...five years later, I'm typing away on that laptop right now. Meanwhile, the parking lot is getting ripped up. Muahahaha!

ETA...Caution, ladies n gents, there are plenty more corny jokes and possibly pointless anecdotes where that came from. I have had multiple panic attacks today and now I'm giddy with relief/tiredness/lorazepam. I'll try to keep it under control but I thought I should give fair warning.

IMO

But those examples cited above where multiple murder scenes inside the home or abduction scenes from inside the home. That is not the case here, imo.

wow. I HOPE they talked to that guy first thing on Monday night. But it has always bugged me when they say an SO has been 'cleared.' How exactly do they get cleared? Are their roommates witnesses to their whereabouts?

Do they have to wear ankle bracelets in Colorado? Some states require that of level 3 offenders.

I want to know they did more than talk to them. I want to know that LE physically searched their property. Looked in all the nooks and crannys, kwim?

I asked one of the media outlets to do an update next time they put a story out. We will see - I know media has to be careful, least someone think there is harrassment of the RSO.

Salem

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/6759...a-jones-after-claiming-daughter-kidnapped.htm

Detroit Dad Gets Life in Prison: D'Andre Lane Sentenced for Murdering 2-year-old Bianca Jones After Claiming Daughter was 'Kidnapped'

While Jones' body has never been found (police believe her found disposed of it in an incarcerator) Lane continued to plead his innocence throughout the entire proceedings, claiming that police led an incomplete investigation.

bbm, Looking for info I found this yesterday, I do agree it is unusual.

The thing about it though Mark Redwine has never claimed that his child was abducted. He doesnt know what happened to his child. Its LE that has said they are looking at an abduction as one of the possibilities.......not Dylan's father.

IMO

But those examples cited above where multiple murder scenes inside the home or abduction scenes from inside the home. That is not the case here, imo.

They did the same thing in the Isa Celis case. It was days before the home was turned back over to them or it may have even been a week or more. They did not go back home though even though the home had been released. I do think they have moved back now but that has been recently.

That is not really a long period of time either. They only were there for one day on Thursday werent they? Then the weekend when most of the forensic labs arent open and they returned it on Monday. Sounds like a very reasonable time to me. Pretty quick, imo.

Imo

The thing about it though Mark Redwine has never claimed that his child was abducted. He doesnt know what happened to his child. Its LE that has said they are looking at an abduction as one of the possibilities.......not Dylan's father.

IMO

?? The Bianca Jones' link and info appears to have been provided to illustrate that some cases without bodies are still prosecuted, not to imply MR said anything about abduction?? :waitasec:

That really doesnt bother me because I dont think whatever happened to Dylan has anything to do with his dad.

He isnt the only one that would put Dylan in a lake and frankly I havent seen a motive why he would do such a thing.

I think he was honest from the get go. He didnt care how it would look to others. Imo he told them the truth that the fishing pole was missing and that is why MR couldnt understand why it took them as long as it did to even search the lake.

If he was really in the lake and put there by his daddy......MR would be the last person that would want the lake immediately searched instead of wanting it searched immediately. And it still has to bother him that the dogs alerted two days in a row but they stopped searching. I know it would make me furious.

IMO

I am not sure we can say that whatever happened to Dylan has nothing to do with dad, because he was in his dad's care and his dad's home when he went missing.

As for a motive, what about covering an accidental death?

And I disagree that he doesn't care how things look to others. Many of his interviews have been all about his own PR and rehabilitating his reputation, imo.

And I agree that he told the truth about the fishing pole. Right from the jump he said ' go look at the lake.' I don't think he was the last person to want them to find something in the lake. I think it is a good deflection, to shape a scenario where a 13 yr old went off by himself and fell into the lake. jmo

I don't know if he had anything to do with this. I have no idea. But I do think he is a viable option, from what we know so far. jmo

An abductor only had a small window of time to target Dylan. But Dad had 24 hrs. An abductor had to happen upon the situation, and 'luck' into the opportunity. I know it happens sometimes,
but the chances in this case seem slimmer than in some others I have seen, imo.

I am still trying to digest that anecdote, too! :gasp:

If you find the right combination of things to make that digestible will you share with the class please?

Every time I change phones I go on Facebook and ask everyone to text me. It never fails that half of the people send a text that just says hello so I have no freaking clue who they are.

LOL I see this status update pop up from time to time: "Old phone gone, new phone empty." I don't know...I have ATT, and I thought that the numbers and stuff were supposed to be stored online or something, but so far that hasn't worked out for me (well I've only changed phones once, iPhone to BB, so maybe that's why).

IMO

I think he did say at one time that his son was likely taken by a kidnapper and not in this area anymore. Didnt he?

I am not sure we can say that whatever happened to Dylan has nothing to do with dad, because he was in his dad's care and his dad's home when he went missing. There could have been a bit more supervision, imo.

As for a motive, what about covering an accidental death?

And I disagree that he doesn't care how things look to others. Many of his interviews have been all about his own PR and rehabilitating his reputation, imo.

And I agree that he told the truth about the fishing pole. Right from the jump he said ' go look at the lake.' I don't think he was the last person to want them to find something in the lake. I think it is a good deflection, to shape a scenario where a 13 yr old went off by himself and fell into the lake. jmo

I don't know if he had anything to do with this. I have no idea. But I do think he is a viable option, from what we know so far. jmo

Just jumping off your post.

If Dylan had just gone fishing, why would he take his backpack with all of his belongings. And if he fell into the lake, wouldn't his backpack still be on the shore? I mean I can't see him fishing with his backpack on.

I was going back through old links, and just saw this. Thought I'd post, since there's been so much speculation about it.

Dylan was reportedly unhappy about the Thanksgiving visit to see his father, Bender said.
link

Moo

I had an HTC that froze up. Lost everything. Photos, phone numbers, everything. Had to start from scratch.

When my iPhone finally gave up the ghost, I lost all the photos that I hadn't already backed up to computer. What I do now is maybe not the safest thing, but since usually my photos are of cats or cooking...I have the photobucket mobile app, and I have it set to automatically upload photos in a certain folder. Hope this helps, b/c I know it can be really upsetting to lose pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28