CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask a question to everyone posting?
It seems a lot of talk about the phone ' dying' on Sunday night.
Is that the majority opinion that the phone DIED?
I have no reason to believe it died , as in no longer working or
battery died. I just wonder what leads everyone to believe that
explains the lack of activity on it. TIA

It is certainly a very reasonable explanation. I personally do not think this is what happened with Dylan's phone. I can think of two alternative equally likely explanations.

On this topic, we know of one text message sent from Dylan's phone to his Mom upon his arrival. Do we know of any other verified activity on Dylan's phone after that ?

I am surprised the <snip> (county supervisors) have not twisted the arm of the Sheriff to do at-least a SAR mission for show/votes.
SBM

:sigh: They have done SAR "missions". Articles have stated such, and here's more info in a timeline format.

Two examples from timeline:

La Plata County Search and Rescue look all day using ground search teams and dogs but pull out before dark in the hopes that Dylan would be encouraged to go to a friend&#8217;s house for the night.

Nearly 200 community volunteers and law-enforcement personnel, including a helicopter from the San Juan County Sheriff&#8217;s Office, La Plata County Mounted Patrol, La Plata County Search and Rescue teams and two K-9 search and rescue teams, go door to door and search the forest in Vallecito and Bayfield.
Moo

So a full out, expensive search of that lake would only be possible if someone was pushing to put on a big show of trying to do everything possible to rule out the possibility that there is a missing person in that lake? And no one is pushing for this for votes? Because there is no political agenda in the area at the moment?

If I am understanding you correctly...that is very sad :(

MOO

Not really, if they thought something was in that lake, they would not quit until they found it. My guess is they are following the evidence and it is not taking them to the lake.

These cases are generally just very sloppy sometimes.

In one case I was working as a SAR volunteer I was told to take a particular detectives car to run an errand for him and just as I was pulling into the place I was sent, another detective called me on the phone and told me to stay were I was and not to move the car. He showed up a few minutes later and removed the human remains of the victim from the trunk of the car and told me to forget what I had just seen. (Evidence 101 - Chain of custody)

These things just get wild sometimes.

The have narrowed it down even further than that. It's been posted and linked a few times. Here's one. They've also said they ruled out lost in the woods. They said it'd been narrowed to "two options" 1) he ran away or 2) abduction/foul play. They then said they'd ruled out run away, and it is a criminal investigation.

Moo

And based on what MR has told MSM about what he knows about Dylan's activities that morning, Dylan woke up, in possibly the same clothes that he fell asleep in (or put those back on), had a bowl of cereal, watched some television, removed some clothes from his backpack and then he put on his hat and sneakers grabbed the backpack with everything else he brought with him, along with a fishing pole and left the house, either on foot or in a vehicle with someone who has yet to be identified.

And he did not contact anyone while doing this. Nor did MR consider trying to contact him before he got home.

MOO

After working in a middle school for many years, I don't think it is a stereotype.
I saw many many mouthy kids and talked to a whole lot of parents who experienced the same thing.

Certainly, not ALL 13 yr olds get bratty or back talk to their parents when they get upset. But many do at times. It is a regular feature of adolescent behavior, and not a phony stereotype, imo.

Both my kids are young adults now, and neither of them are impolite or rude in any way now. I think it was just a phase. jmo

Hi. I haven't read the transcript from NG's Show yet so I'd like to know if NG asked Dylan's mother to describe her son's personality? Dylan appeared to get along well with his mother and Dylan respected and followed the rules she set concerning his cell phone usage. He was well liked by everyone and didn't argue and fight with anyone did he?

This ^^ is so plausible IMO. One or two smacks to the head in the heat of an argument while driving a vehicle can have disastrous results IMO. I would never believe that if something happened and MR is involved that it was planned or intentional. A terrible accident in a heated moment? That I can believe.

MOO

Of all the "possible theories" up to this point, this one is at the top of my list.

The have narrowed it down even further than that. It's been posted and linked a few times. Here's one. They've also said they ruled out lost in the woods. They said it'd been narrowed to "two options" 1) he ran away or 2) abduction/foul play. They then said they'd ruled out run away, and it is a criminal investigation.

Moo

But a criminal investigation does not necessarily mean Dylan was killed by his father, right? It just means that Dylan is not missing of his own accord, and he isn't lost in the woods. No other options have been ruled out, to my knowledge.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, because I imagine the most likely explanation will prove to be right. But unless/until Dad is named by the LE as the prime suspect, I will continue to look at other possible explanations for Dylan's disappearance.

Not really, if they thought something was in that lake, they would not quit until they found it. My guess is they are following the evidence and it is not taking them to the lake.

These cases are generally just very sloppy sometimes.

In one case I was working as a SAR volunteer I was told to take a particular detectives car to run an errand for him and just as I was pulling into the place I was sent, another detective called me on the phone and told me to stay were I was and not to move the car. He showed up a few minutes later and removed the human remains of the victim from the trunk of the car and told me to forget what I had just seen. (Evidence 101 - Chain of custody)

These things just get wild sometimes.

There was a dead body in the trunk of the detectives car that you were asked to run an errand with?? :what:

And based on what MR has told MSM about what he knows about Dylan's activities that morning, Dylan woke up, in possibly the same clothes that he fell asleep in (or put those back on), had a bowl of cereal, watched some television, removed some clothes from his backpack and then he put on his hat and sneakers grabbed the backpack with everything else he brought with him, along with a fishing pole and left the house, either on foot or in a vehicle with someone who has yet to be identified.

And he did not contact anyone while doing this. Nor did MR consider trying to contact him before he got home.

MOO

Do we know for a fact that MR didn't try to contact Dylan while he was out? If so I find that really strange. Anytime I am out running errands I text my husband and kids to ask if they need anything or if they would like me to grab them food on my way home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I haven't read the transcript from NG's Show yet so I'd like to know if NG asked Dylan's mother to describe her son's personality? Dylan appeared to get along well with his mother and Dylan respected and followed the rules she set concerning his cell phone usage. He was well liked by everyone and didn't argue and fight with anyone did he?

But mom DID say she was afraid that Dylan might have said something to set her ex off. So it sounds like he might have a bit of back talk in him. Most 13 yr old boys do, if they are very upset about something. Supposedly, Dylan had wanted to stay home for Thanksgiving because of an illness in the family. So he might have been a bit resentful. And given what I surmised about dad's volatile temper, it might be a bad mix. jmo

Has LE actively and physically searched the homes of the nearby RSOs? Why hasn't MSM updated us on that angle lately?

Salem

Can I ask a question to everyone posting?
It seems a lot of talk about the phone ' dying' on Sunday night.
Is that the majority opinion that the phone DIED?
I have no reason to believe it died , as in no longer working or
battery died. I just wonder what leads everyone to believe that
explains the lack of activity on it. TIA

I haven't read that the battery died in the media, is there a link to that?

I keep wondering if the phone was damaged or broken. It would be great to know how active he was up until the point it 'died'.

Do we know for a fact that MR didn't try to contact Dylan while he was out? If so I find that really strange. Anytime I am out running errands I text my husband and kids to ask if they need anything or if they would like me to grab them food on my way home.

If he did, he has not mentioned it. I would think he would have said so to narrow down the timeline. If he had called at 10:30 for example, and no one answered, it might have helped LE to narrow down the time he left the cabin.

I know some people have said that Dad's don't always check in like moms do, and I agree. My DH 'watches' the kids by going about his own business and assuming the kids will reach out if need be. :wink:

But I think this was a different situation. Dylan did not live there and had just arrived late the night before. And Dad left wjhile his kid was 'out like a light.'

So it seems odd that he would not check in with him and see what his plands were and if he needed a ride still and if he wanted lunch plans. jmo

why would police tell person one the result of person two's polygraph? That makes no sense.

The polygraph is used as a tool and was being used on both of the above :twocents:

Most LE wouldn't. Especially if the two were feuding with each other, as in divorced parents who can't agree on much of anything. Maybe that was just an opinion she voiced to the producer. But she did kind of flip flop on the issue, IMO.

Has LE actively and physically searched the homes of the nearby RSOs? Why hasn't MSM updated us on that angle lately?

Salem

I thought very early on LE said t hey thought the 'nearest' RSO's were not involved. I don't think they said ' ruled out' but not involved . But we have discussed how there are always plenty of NON registered SO's in every community.

MR has only indicated that he tried texting Dylan several times, without a response, after he returned home and Dylan was not there. He did not indicate that he had tried texting or calling the home while he was out that morning. I'm sure if he had of, that would narrow down the time line considerably.

MOO

But mom DID say she was afraid that Dylan might have said something to set her ex off. So it sounds like he might have a bit of back talk in him. Most 13 yr old boys do, if they are very upset about something. Supposedly, Dylan had wanted to stay home for Thanksgiving because of an illness in the family. So he might have been a bit resentful. And given what I surmised about dad's volatile temper, it might be a bad mix. jmo

This. If Dylan was texting/had his head in his phone the whole time while this reportedly volatile man is trying to catch up with him, just talk. That sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. JMO

Salem

Do the RSO's in CO have to wear ankle bracelets? Supposedly the most dangerous ones here have to keep them on. But I doubt they all do.

But supposedly the level 3 offenders are kept track of by GPS bracelets, so it is pretty quick to see if they were where they were supposed to be.

I don't think we're saying that LE told her that. We're saying that we believe ER might have said that to NG .. and when LE caught wind of it, they contacted her and told her not to go there...

imo

IMO, they wouldn't care what she said on NG's show, be it a lie or whatever. She's not the focus of their investigation, so she could say anything and it wouldn't matter to LE. And I can't picture them calling her up while she's sitting there being interviewed on NG. In fact, I can't picture them even taking the time to watch NG, for that matter.

Salem

MSM doesn't seem to be reporting much on this story, especially from an LE/search angle. Could be because this is such a "small town" area? While there was some national coverage on HLN, I'm not sure any of the major news networks are in the area poking around for stories. And the local ones are probably just reporting on what they are picking up on through other media and internet sources?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member