CO - Dylan Redwine missing from Vallecito ***SEARCH DISCUSSION ONLY***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still hopeful that the new search/ talking with residents in the area recently by LE will lead to something.........at the very least a new PRESS RELEASE !

If I can find a complete list of search areas I will try my hand at maps this weekend.. Thanks in advance for any help.

If possible I would also like to put together a map of search areas for the family that may have been forgotten.. All help for any locals wouldbe appreciated.

Is everyone downstairs? Just checking in and can't find anyone! Help!

Is everyone downstairs? Just checking in and can't find anyone! Help!

What's wrong? I didn't know there was anything downstairs. I'm at a loss myself. :( We're abandoned.

I haven't been here for a while. I guess everyone is just at a stand still. Hmm...well thanks! I was hoping everyone was downstairs or something.

There is a Dylan forum under hot cases. We are here and will never forget Dylan. Ever.

Here is the link for the discussion thread going on now.. we are right here in the Hot Case section

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201968"]CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #45 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Honestly I can't even fathom how difficult it is to search such a vast mountainous area - especially when there don't appear to be any clues to even give a starting point or general area.

Did the dogs ever search Co 501 as it winds along the east side of Vallecito Lake and then on up into Forest Service land towards Runlett Peak?

I know this is waaaaay outside of the box. But,there was so much talk about sports and stadiums. What about searching around the baseball fields in Durango/Bayfield/Vallecito areas? Especially around the field at Ft. Lewis College, because that would have double meaning one nostalgic, the other get even. If you google the route from McDonalds in Durango to Ft. Lewis College, it looks like a windy somewhat secluded route.

Did the dogs ever search Co 501 as it winds along the east side of Vallecito Lake and then on up into Forest Service land towards Runlett Peak?

That's the area I think called Middle Mountain.

At the request of La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, members of La Plata County Search and Rescue are conducting searches around Vallecito including on Vallecito Lake by boat and along several miles of U.S. Forestry Service’s Middle Mountain Road using all-terrain vehicles. Search K-9s are also expanding their Vallecito search.
http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/ar...wine-13-from-co-cousin-to-la-verkin-resident/

I know this is waaaaay outside of the box. But,there was so much talk about sports and stadiums. What about searching around the baseball fields in Durango/Bayfield/Vallecito areas? Especially around the field at Ft. Lewis College, because that would have double meaning one nostalgic, the other get even. If you google the route from McDonalds in Durango to Ft. Lewis College, it looks like a windy somewhat secluded route.

At this point out of the box may definitely help if the search at the lake is unproductive... I would look for places he may have gone with friends - not necessarily big stadiums, but smaller fields where people would be way less likely to go seeing as it was mid- to late-November at the time.

I'm not sure what the significance of Ft. Lewis College is in this case, would you be kind enough to explain to me, as I'm sure I've missed it somewhere! :)

I'm personally of the opinion that the Lake holds the secret at this point, but it's important to not put all our eggs in one basket, so to speak...

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

Wow really? I would not consider anything on the I25 corridor to be eastern. Generally I think of Rocky Ford, La Junta, Lamar, and then up north places like Bennett, Strasburg, Julesburg, Sterling, Holly....

ETA: maybe it's a locals thing, but I can't think of anyone that would classify anything west of I25 as eastern Colorado. That strip between I25 and the mountains is called the Front Range. West side of the mountains is called Western Colorado or Western Slope. Durango falls into what I've always called the 4 Corners area. Very interesting. And as usual, completely ambiguous.

I'm pretty sure on Google Maps it would consider anything East of the Continental Divide as "East" due to the water flow (East to the Mississippi) vs. Western CO on the other side of the divide as the water would run West to the Colorado River, and other Western flowages to the Pacific.

Having lived in CO myself the front range - at least as I remember was usually the areas west of I-25 and along the corridor of 36 to Boulder. Aurora and such weren't really "East" yet - outside the metro area to the East where it gets totally flat definitely. Castle Rock (which was just starting to be built up) and COS were colloquially known to folks living up around Denver as "The Springs". Pueblo was Southern. Durango definitely called the "Four Corners Area", and as you also stated the Western Slope was Grand Junction and the surrounding towns like Fruita. As I recall up by Boulder were in "the Foothills". Up by Greeley and such was Northern Colorado. I will admit that anything that was past about Georgetown on the way to Vail, for instance was simply "in the mountains" or areas were referred to by the largest town/ski resort in the area.

OK, that was probably a lot more detailed than I needed to make it, huh? I guess I was trying to remember and typing as I was thinking about it...

O/T I really miss the mountains! :(

Seems to me that even if MR is telling the truth about everything, he seems to get some sort of sick satisfaction in knowing that Elaine believes he knows and is holding back. It is almost like he is so determined to see her suffer, he forgets himself and forgets why they are even in the spotlight at times.

As Dr. P said, if he is not guilty, there is something very wrong with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne