CO- Dylan Redwine's case discussed on Dr. Phil ONLY!- 2/26/13 ***SPOILERS***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say that the use of the word "spoilers" in this thread is so heartbreaking to me. Dylan is not a soap opera or a dramatic television show. To insinuate that something could be "spoiled" means that it would affect readers' enjoyment. No one here is enjoying any of this. The whole situation is spoiled. The word dehumanizes Dylan, and I can't think of one part of the show or thread that could "spoil" any enjoyment. I don't know... maybe I'm just being sensitive.

Jmho

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

IMO, the use of the word "spoiler", did not have as much meaning as you made it have.

This sighting has been around since the beginning of the case. It is valid and has not been dismissed by LE.

From a rational point of view, I think it was Dylan.

BBM
May I have the link, please? I have not ever seen/read this in MSM and would like to include this in my timeline file.
Thank you!

OK...I generally am a person is who is the last one to fall off the fence and after watching this, I must say that I am still actually on the fence. I am eager to see the results of the poly-or if he actually went through with it. That will really say a lot to me, although poly's don't mean everything. But I do believe DP probably has the best of the best administering them.

Just a few thoughts from watching the show:

Anti-DR:
1.) My 8 and 10 year olds watched it with me (I allow them this stuff as they are quite mature and I like them to be aware of dangers out there.) They both are adamant that the dad did it.
2.) He doesn't answer questions directly. He tends to be more concerned with winning an argument with ER.
3.) No emotion - mom is crying and in his face and nothing. Stoic.
4.) He says he thinks ER could have done it. While I can see that as a possibility in the early stage, he can't possibly think that any longer, with how outspoken she is.
5.) He talks about Dylan in the past tense - a lot
6.) DR, CR and his ex-wife talk about him being a bad parent/abusive husband. No one stood up for DR other than the mail carrier.

Pro-DR:
1.) No emotion - doesn't fly off handle, get pulled into the fray as much as ER wants to get to him. (not sure if that's good or bad, so I have it on both sides.)
2.) I don't see Dylan not texting after 9:30 p.m. as odd after a long trip, hadn't slept the night before and his plans seem to have solidified by that stage.
3.) Dylan seemed OK at the airport and at WalMart.
4.) If I came home and my almost 14 year old son wasn't home, I wouldn't think much of it either-especially in the afternoon. I would figure he got picked up. I wouldn't panic at all and I might even just go ahead and take a nap. (this might also be anti-as why did he need a nap? Late night?)
5.) If it is true that ER is an alcoholic, etc..and that is why he took the kids that night? Not saying that she is guilty, but if any of what he said is true about her-it does kind of soften the stance that ER is a saint and MR is a devil.
6.) She never called him??? Or tried calling him??? Phone records can clarify this one way or the other. But she should have been calling and calling and calling and calling, etc... If she never tried, he's got a point...
7.) I don't think it is fair to say that a parent "loses" a child simply because they are the last to see them. I realize there is more to the story, but Dylan was not a baby-he was almost 14 years old! 14 year olds are pretty independent. You don't watch them like you do a toddler. Sometimes they wander off or get bored and do stuff and get themselves into trouble all on their own. If I left my 14 year old son home alone to run errands, came back and he was gone, I don't consider that "losing" my son.
8.) My almost 13 year old watches Nickelodeon. ER says he doesn't watch it at all. He watches MTV. I know a lot of kids watch it, but I don't let my kids watch it, nor are they all that interested in it. My kids watch Disney Channel and my almost 13 year old leans more toward Nick and mystery type shows like Psych and Monk. I almost applauded MR when he said he guarantees that Dylan doesn't watch MTV at his house and watches Nick. It never really went there, but he did seem "genuine."
9.) MR didn't seem to have a problem answering questions-he seemed to have a good story and was consistent with it.
10.) The mail carrier says she saw Dylan that day and seemed pretty ready to stand up for him.
11.) MR doesn't seem bright enough to pull off the perfect crime. But you never know.

So anyway-I seem to actually have more proMR than antiMR points here. Ultimately, the results of the poly and whether or not he takes it will tell me a lot more.

11/28/12 “There’s a combination of factors,” Bender said. “There’s been the passage of time without any sightings; Dylan was not a visitor but had friends here; he has a history of staying in contact with his family and friends; and there’s been nothing on his cellphone record since he was reported missing.” http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121128/NEWS01/121129612#sthash.CwvEVNRs.dpuf
12/02/12 Several possible sightings of Dylan were reported early on, but those have been discounted.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder#ixzz2M303Ffc6

12/05/12 There have been no confirmed sightings of the 13-year-old boy since his disappearance.
http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...or-missing-Dylan-Redwine#sthash.EGqi2XSu.dpuf

12/06/12 There have been no confirmed sightings of him since. http://durangoherald.com/article/20...lanned-for-missing-boy--#sthash.7FYtUR4p.dpuf

1/31/13 Dylan Redwine Task Force investigators said they searched miles of countryside and interviewed hundreds of people, but developments in the case have now dwindled. They have no named suspects and no confirmed sightings of Dylan. http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...d-to-benefit-search-for-missing-Dylan-Redwine#

2/03/13 “We have no new leads or new information to report to the public at this time,” Shupe said in a news release Monday afternoon.

Possible sightings of Dylan have streamed in from across the country, he said, but there have been no confirmed sightings since he went missing Nov. 19. The FBI has been helpful at prodding agencies in other jurisdictions to follow up on possible leads, Shupe said.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...ce-reveal-no-new-leads--#sthash.GR63IKRE.dpuf

2/07/13 There have been no confirmed sightings of Dylan since he went missing.
http://www.9news.com/dontmiss/315231/630/Missing-Dylan-Redwine-turns-14-

2/07/13 Law enforcement officials have received sighting reports from throughout the country. Those tips haven’t yielded any results yet, however. http://catalystnewspaper.com/2012/1...mber-still-missing-after-more-than-two-weeks/

Is this the only discussion open right now or is there another thread and I'm blind?

Here's a link to general discussion: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200076"]ACTIVE SEARCH CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #40 (NON-Dr.Phil show discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Please leave the Dr. Phil discussions here just in case we need to move to the private forum in the future. So far I don't see a need, though.

IMO, the use of the word "spoiler", did not have as much meaning as you made it have.

I appreciated the heads up on spoiler alert not because I was enjoying the story, but because when I saw that others had seen the episode ahead of me and were commenting on it, I chose to log off and watch the episode before commenting. I wanted to see it in "real time" so that I could form my own opinions, rather than reading what others had said before I saw it.

I hope that makes you feel better. And it is a sensitive subject.

I just want to say that the use of the word "spoilers" in this thread is so heartbreaking to me. Dylan is not a soap opera or a dramatic television show. To insinuate that something could be "spoiled" means that it would affect readers' enjoyment. No one here is enjoying any of this. The whole situation is spoiled. The word dehumanizes Dylan, and I can't think of one part of the show or thread that could "spoil" any enjoyment. I don't know... maybe I'm just being sensitive.

Jmho

I don't think "spoilers" was meant in the entertainment sense at all. I believe it was meant to advise people who were going to watch a later airing and might want to form their own impressions as to what was said and done without the influence of others' opinions and interpretations. All MOO

There is definately a lot of bitterness between MR and ER. I didn't realize how bad until I watched them together today. I feel so bad for ER. I thought she handled MR quite well though. Watching MR I did get the impression he was enjoying the pain ER is in.

Was that Corey on the previews for tomorrow telling his Dad he hates him?
bbm

I agree. It was obvious when he called her "Mrs. Redwine". It was one of the first things he said when he joined Elaine and Dr Phil on the stage.

I'm listening/watching the JA trial and reading this thread...many similarities between JA and MR...IMHO.

No, no, NOT Jodi Arias. That woman is nuts. Or a robot. I have never seen anything like it! Amazed that the prosecutor hasn't burst out laughing yet -- she is so bizarre. Such a waste of tax dollars, eh?:great:

Was the mail woman and the girlfriend the same person? Or am I mistaken?

I was thinking the same thing! Trying to find them again in the re-wind to look again, but I've really got to get something else done today so will have to give it a break shortly. I'll be curious what others think.

Does anyone have a link to the map that DP was referring to? I would like to look it up on Google maps. Or anyone have MRs address or the address of the friend's grandmother's house?

I appreciated the heads up on spoiler alert not because I was enjoying the story, but because when I saw that others had seen the episode ahead of me and were commenting on it, I chose to log off and watch the episode before commenting. I wanted to see it in "real time" so that I could form my own opinions, rather than reading what others had said before I saw it.

I hope that makes you feel better. And it is a sensitive subject.

I understand that.... I just wish there was a different word. :(

So to clarify there is no reported sightings of Dylan by this "postman" ?

Also I can not watch the show as I am from the u,k but can anybody confirm or not if Mark said at the beginning of the show that 'Dylan "was" a good son ?'

SPOILER just means that information about the show is in here before the show might be airing in your area. Nothing more and nothing less. It's a universal term on the internet. I live on the west coast and like to be forewarned, for example.

Now, back to the discussion about the show. :tyou:

He did say No he didn't hurt him. It just was left out of the quote.

Thanks for the reply and to Txjan for the transcript of this portion. Sorry I left MR's full reply out - it wasn't intentional, I was just typing really fast and I think I got caught up in the "dramatic pause" before the commercial.

So to clarify there is no reported sightings of Dylan by this "postman" ?

Also I can not watch the show as I am from the u,k but can anybody confirm or not if Mark said at the beginning of the show that 'Dylan "was" a good son ?'

YEP...lots of past tense...

Does anyone have a link to the map that DP was referring to? I would like to look it up on Google maps. Or anyone have MRs address or the address of the friend's grandmother's house?

MR’s address: 2343 County Road 500
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/121129810/0/SEARCH/'He-would-have-called

Dr. Phil shows the map during this MINI-CLIP:

Dr. Phil: Map of Where Mark Traveled
(Dr. Phil in front of the map video)

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1988/

Thanks for the reply and to Txjan for the transcript of this portion. Sorry I left MR's full reply out - it wasn't intentional, I was just typing really fast and I think I got caught up in the "dramatic pause" before the commercial.

Do we have a need to have the other mini-clips transcribed?
Do we have the need for the entire day 1 to be transcribed?

I'm not sure which way to proceed right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required