CO- Dylan Redwine's case discussed on Dr. Phil ONLY!- 2/26/13 ***SPOILERS***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True because twice dr phil mentioned LE and why they would think MR suspicious.
The taking of the kids and keeping them from their moms previously. Phil said ( paraphrasing) IF LE sees that happened 1, 2 , 3 times then woudlnt' you think they would look at you.
And again the almost same talk about the domestic violence.. wouldn't you think LE would want to look at you ?
So it sounds as though LE has said to PHIL, ' we are looking at him and here is why' MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Would LE really share that info with a tv host though? It sounds a bit unprofessional and risky to me, but I guess stranger things have happened.

I was pleasantly surprised by this information. It would seem that someone did see Dylan outside at 1:30 with another boy. I wonder who it was. Like I said, I wonder what LE has to say about this. The woman seemed pretty certain it was Dylan.

This was discussed in depth in one of the very early threads. This sighting has not been cleared by LE, although others have.

IMO, the only thing LE discussed with Dr. Phil/his staff was the LE statement made on the Dr. Phil show that neither ER nor MR have been named as persons of interest or suspects.

I'm still on the fence. I do find it odd that ER would call her divorce attorney right away. She says she didn't but this could be easily verified so why would he lie about that? I don't think the postlady and ex are the same person. Regarding the dead rat, I'll have to go back and look again, but as he denies it, she said something like, that's how your mind works though, adding the 'though' to me seems like it was made up but something he'd totally do. Again, I'll have to go back and watch. I think MR showed a lot of restraint. I think what keeps me on the fence is there's just not enough for me to go on in determining guilt. While some took ER as not wanting to get into regarding the drinking accusations, I took it opposite as maybe it was true, so she had nothing to say.
MOO

ETA: I did think him using Mrs. Redwine was a low blow.

BBM: That's how I took it was that there WAS a dead rat in her truck and she THOUGHT Mark put it there but he denied it saying he did not and she just said "well, it's something you would do." So it could be that he didn't do it but she gave him credit for it because she believes he's capable.

He was answering Dr. Phil's questions. Dr. Phil was the one setting the scene for what was being discussed. Had Mark NOT answered the questions and talked about everything else, I would have been suspicious of that. He told Dr. Phil what happened that day. The same thing he's been saying all along. IMO.

I disagree. I am sure that comes as a big surprise. :wink:

Mark was asked some questions, but he is the one that directed the accusations AT ER and threw in extraneous comments.

I think Dr Phil was coming into this as an objective observer. But MR's shady nature was too obvious to ignore, imo.

Dr. Phil calls out MR for seeming to be more interested in fighting with ER than talking about his son whom he has yet to mention. All MOO

What did MR do or say after Dr Phil says this?

May I ask a question about this case, and get a bit from others, since this is now a national news story, and the cadaver dogs have hit on something, I see a criminal case coming at some point to a head were someone is arrested. How hard do you think it would be for whom ever it is to get a group of people on a jury that haven't heard of this case now? I would think slim to none.

It takes a lot more than one national show for the entire country to know about a case. If the trial was held tomorrow, it could still be in La Plata County, or maybe a neighboring one. But even with the Dr. Phil program, the % of the country that knows about Dylan is very low.

Plus, you don't have to never have heard of a case to serve on a jury. James Holmes is going on trial soon in Colorado, and I don't think they are looking for people who live in the area who never heard of the Aurora shootings.

This was discussed in depth in one of the very early threads. This sighting has not been cleared by LE, although others have.

imamaze
WS Super Moderator

Here are various articles talking about sightings of Dylan
11/28/12 “There’s a combination of factors,” Bender said. “There’s been the passage of time without any sightings; Dylan was not a visitor but had friends here; he has a history of staying in contact with his family and friends; and there’s been nothing on his cellphone record since he was reported missing.” http://www.durangoherald.com/article....CwvEVNRs.dpuf
12/02/12 Several possible sightings of Dylan were reported early on, but those have been discounted.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22...#ixzz2M303Ffc6

12/05/12 There have been no confirmed sightings of the 13-year-old boy since his disappearance.
http://www.durangoherald.com/article....EGqi2XSu.dpuf

12/06/12 There have been no confirmed sightings of him since. http://durangoherald.com/article/201....7FYtUR4p.dpuf

1/31/13 Dylan Redwine Task Force investigators said they searched miles of countryside and interviewed hundreds of people, but developments in the case have now dwindled. They have no named suspects and no confirmed sightings of Dylan. http://www.durangoherald.com/article...-Dylan-Redwine#

2/03/13 “We have no new leads or new information to report to the public at this time,” Shupe said in a news release Monday afternoon.

Possible sightings of Dylan have streamed in from across the country, he said, but there have been no confirmed sightings since he went missing Nov. 19. The FBI has been helpful at prodding agencies in other jurisdictions to follow up on possible leads, Shupe said.

http://durangoherald.com/article/201....GR63IKRE.dpuf

2/07/13 There have been no confirmed sightings of Dylan since he went missing.
http://www.9news.com/dontmiss/315231...dwine-turns-14-

2/07/13 Law enforcement officials have received sighting reports from throughout the country. Those tips haven’t yielded any results yet, however. http://catalystnewspaper.com/2012/12...han-two-weeks/

I wonder why Dr Phil allowed the postal carrier to come on his show and say that she saw Dylan when LE has said that there has been no confirmed sightings of him?

May I ask a question about this case, and get a bit from others, since this is now a national news story, and the cadaver dogs have hit on something, I see a criminal case coming at some point to a head were someone is arrested. How hard do you think it would be for whom ever it is to get a group of people on a jury that haven't heard of this case now? I would think slim to none.

This is the second post I've seen where something about cadavar dogs finding something has been stated. Would you elaborate for me please??? I skipped the beginning of this thread as to not be influenced by anyone else's opinions before watching the Dr. Phil show today. TIA.

I have no idea, still, if MR is involved, but IMO he is one unlikable human being and I feel sorry for anyone who is forced to deal with him in real life.

I wonder how they could discount it if the woman who saw him is still saying right now that it was him. She was pretty certain it was him. How can LE discount that?

The problem with an eyewitness (any eyewitness) is that what they saw and what they think they saw are not always the same thing. She saw a boy she believed was Dylan. If LE later were able to discount the sighting because of the similar looking boy who lives in the area, she might still believe it was Dylan, even though it probably wasn't.

It's an honest and easy mistake to make from a quick look, and you have to assume that since she says she saw him before he was reported missing, that she wasn't specifically looking for him, so she wouldn't really be paying that close of attention at the time. Once she heard Dylan was missing, it's quite possible her mind has filled in the blanks from that sighting, and she has convinced herself it was him.

Memories are not infallible and are often influenced by the passage of time, and other things. JMO, of course.

Disclaimer: I have not been able to watch the show yet, and am assuming that she just believes she saw him from a distance, not that she spoke to him or spent any time looking at him. If I am wrong about that, someone please correct me.

I wonder why Dr Phil allowed the postal carrier to come on his show and say that she saw Dylan when LE has said that there has been no confirmed sightings of him?

This is confusing IMO. Do LE need a second sighting or something like photo or video evidence to confirm a sighting? I recall the news about another boy who looked like Dylan possibly being the boy seen - maybe if that boy himself confirmed he was at the place where the postal worker assumed she saw Dylan, this would eliminate this as a confirmed sighting? IDK if this is what has happened though.
:moo:

Well also the mail lady brings the mail to MR's door, per MR . So DR has been in CS for months with his mother. Kids grow a lot at age 12,13 , 14 for one thing. For another thing even when the ER and DR still lived near MR, MR did not get DR much at all, right? So how would a mail lady who brings MR his mail be 100% certain it was DR when he's not been around MR's house that much in , by most accounts, 2 or 3 years?
ETA, my point is the last time that mail lady saw DR , he m ay have been 10 or 11 years old and a foot shorter and 40 lbs lighter.
Just food for thought and mooooooo

This is the second post I've seen where something about cadavar dogs finding something has been stated. Would you elaborate for me please??? I skipped the beginning of this thread as to not be influenced by anyone else's opinions before watching the Dr. Phil show today. TIA.

Seajay, this thread we are on is the dr phil thread. Dylans' regular discussion thread is here >> http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8937271&posted=1#post8937271

Lot of info on the dog hits there ! :)

This is confusing IMO. Do LE need a second sighting or something like photo or video evidence to confirm a sighting? I recall the news about another boy who looked like Dylan possibly being the boy seen - maybe if that boy himself confirmed he was at the place where the postal worker assumed she saw Dylan, this would eliminate this as a confirmed sighting? IDK if this is what has happened though.
:moo:

I'm not sure how LE decided that this sighting was not Dylan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9