CO Father of missing baby 25 years ago reaches out to parents of baby Lisa

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After I heard about the crazy "Abduction" story, I knew something was not right.[/QUOTE

I was always leaning towards mom, but I am just not leaning anymore, I fell onto that side of the fence now. I am there, feet firmly planted.

I was on the fence, too, until I saw the both of them on an interview the other night. The way he cannot look her in the eyes - seriously, every time she would turn to look at him during her babbling, his eyes would shoot downward. It was the weirdest thing and so out of character for 2 parents talking about their missing child. I couldn't quite figure out what the look on his face was portraying but it felt like disgust and/or guilt.

Pretty clear that they are baby killers IMHO if they are refusing help . Most any parent who has a missing kid would want all the help they could get, wouldn't be hiding out, getting two or three lawyers, not cooperating with police. Just says guilty guilty guilty.

MY OWN OPINION

ETA: That's great that the family has now reached out to him, but that was only after the negative Twitter and news reports. MOO

I guess I just don't understand the venom here. First not happy because Mr. Albeyta was turned away from people who had no clue who he was. Now more venom because they accepted his help. ????????

Venom?? I believe DB killed baby Lisa. That's my opinion. Not everyone is going to agree. DB has her supporters here who do a fine job defending her. As for Mr. Albeyta? I don't care if he does or doesn't help DB and JI. His opinion is no more valid than anyone elses, IMO.

I guess I just don't understand the venom here. First not happy because Mr. Albeyta was turned away from people who had no clue who he was. Now more venom because they accepted his help. ????????

I get what you are saying IdM. Very obvious to me that they couldn't do anything right at this point. I would hate to be in their shoes....jmo

I feel for the Abeyta family for their terrible loss. I think it's wonderful that Mr. Abeyta has offered his help. However, I fail to see how Gil Abeyta could have any "inside" info establishing DB & JI's innocence other than perhaps a gut feeling from meeting with them. If he does have "inside" info then he needs to inform LE and I have to wonder why DB & JI haven't already done so. I am cynical by nature, but it bothered me that DB & JI finally accepted Mr. Abeyta's offer of help and then at tonight's vigil -the fact that Mr. Abeyta was there to help & was wrongfully accused in his son's disappearance was mentioned-which I thought highly inappropriate at a prayer circle for a missing baby & smacked of a defense attorney set up. That said, I don't see any similarities between the cases other than a baby was missing and the mothers flunked lie detectors (Mrs. Abeyta had a good reason). The prime suspect in the Abeyta case was stalking them & wanted the baby out of the way so she could resume her affair with Mr. Abeyta. Where is the suspect here? And please don't mention the man sighted allegedly walking with a clothesless baby--that's a red herring if ever I heard one.
Well put.

Thanks just isn't enough for this post.

IMO

That's a really strong statement...as if presented as fact. I've yet to hear where LE has cleared them, or what evidence has been brought forward that LE has mis-handled this investigation.

Thanks!

Mel

What do you mean by cleared them? They're not persons of interest nor suspects in the case.

With that said, I'd like to know more about Mr. Abeyta's findings and how he arrived at that conclusion. Did he meet with the Irwins? Did he talk to investigators?

I feel for the Abeyta family for their terrible loss. I think it's wonderful that Mr. Abeyta has offered his help. However, I fail to see how Gil Abeyta could have any "inside" info establishing DB & JI's innocence other than perhaps a gut feeling from meeting with them. If he does have "inside" info then he needs to inform LE and I have to wonder why DB & JI haven't already done so. I am cynical by nature, but it bothered me that DB & JI finally accepted Mr. Abeyta's offer of help and then at tonight's vigil -the fact that Mr. Abeyta was there to help & was wrongfully accused in his son's disappearance was mentioned-which I thought highly inappropriate at a prayer circle for a missing baby & smacked of a defense attorney set up. That said, I don't see any similarities between the cases other than a baby was missing and the mothers flunked lie detectors (Mrs. Abeyta had a good reason). The prime suspect in the Abeyta case was stalking them & wanted the baby out of the way so she could resume her affair with Mr. Abeyta. Where is the suspect here? And please don't mention the man sighted allegedly walking with a clothesless baby--that's a red herring if ever I heard one.

How do you know it`s not someone who stalked this family?

I do too. I can't understand why they would refuse any legitimate offer of help, especially from someone who has already been through what they are going through with his own son.

If this man was checked out throughly by the police and found to be a responsible, honest person, the person with a missing baby and involved in search organizations for children, I can see no reason why these parents would not want his help. To me this speaks volumns.

What do you mean by cleared them? They're not persons of interest nor suspects in the case.

With that said, I'd like to know more about Mr. Abeyta's findings and how he arrived at that conclusion. Did he meet with the Irwins? Did he talk to investigators?

I do apologize, because I was relying on DB's own words in that she was a suspect. However, LE has never come out and indicated she was. That's my error.

Deborah Bradley, who fears police consider her a suspect, also admits she didn't tell the truth about when she last saw her daughter.

Bradley believes police suspect she had something to do with her daughter's disappearance, in part because she said she failed a polygraph test.

In fact, it's been DB that's been saying this all along, and not LE.

I have not heard that Mr. Abeyta think D&J are in fact innocent, since the source is a 2nd party.

MOO

Mel

Source: http://articles.nydailynews.com/201...-lisa-irwin-jay-nixon-missouri-national-guard

I do apologize, because I was relying on DB's own words in that she was a suspect. However, LE has never come out and indicated she was. That's my error.

Deborah Bradley, who fears police consider her a suspect, also admits she didn't tell the truth about when she last saw her daughter.

Bradley believes police suspect she had something to do with her daughter's disappearance, in part because she said she failed a polygraph test.

In fact, it's been DB that's been saying this all along, and not LE.

I have not heard that Mr. Abeyta think D&J are in fact innocent, since the source is a 2nd party.

MOO

Mel

Source: http://articles.nydailynews.com/201...-lisa-irwin-jay-nixon-missouri-national-guard

Of course she did. From the outside looking in, the focus has always been on her. If I was in her shoes, I`d be afraid too. If what she said is true when she was being questioned by LE, it sure sounds like they wanted to get a confession out of her.

I believe the 2nd party source. I`m more interested in knowing how he arrived at his conclusion. IMO, it makes a big difference if his only communication was with the family. Did he do his own investigation? Did he talk to LE? These are all questions I`d like answers to but I understand if he can`t.

Does anyone know if TES has been contacted? I know it's hard when a family believes the child is alive to call a search group that looks for children/persons, who are not.

I've not heard about this Colorado man. What about the Anthony's - they should be funded and ready to help find a missing baby.

Does anyone know if TES has been contacted? I know it's hard when a family believes the child is alive to call a search group that looks for children/persons, who are not.

I've not heard about this Colorado man. What about the Anthony's - they should be funded and ready to help find a missing baby.

bbm....:panic:

If this man was checked out throughly by the police and found to be a responsible, honest person, the person with a missing baby and involved in search organizations for children, I can see no reason why these parents would not want his help. To me this speaks volumns.

They did want his help, they just didn't know who he was the first time he came knocking at their door. You have to understand that many random people are contacting them right now. You can't let every random person in your door.

How do you know it`s not someone who stalked this family?

I don't, but if Mr. Abeyta and DB/JI know this then they need to inform LE. It's also highly improbable, imjo, because if such were the case then DB would have had no reason to lie to LE at the outset. By my count, dB/JI have told 4 different stories as to exactly what happened after JI returned home. One doesn't have to remember the truth, so why is that?

Of course she did. From the outside looking in, the focus has always been on her. If I was in her shoes, I`d be afraid too. If what she said is true when she was being questioned by LE, it sure sounds like they wanted to get a confession out of her.

I believe the 2nd party source. I`m more interested in knowing how he arrived at his conclusion. IMO, it makes a big difference if his only communication was with the family. Did he do his own investigation? Did he talk to LE? These are all questions I`d like answers to but I understand if he can`t.

IDK, but I doubt LE would let him look over the investigation or even discuss it with them. Of course he can pass any info he feels he found out on to LE, but I don't think LE are going to tell him anything. jmo

"CO father of missing baby 25 years ago turned away after offer to help"

FWIW

"CO father of baby that went missing 25 years ago meets with the parents of Baby Lisa; he believes they are innocent"

:)

Venom?? I believe DB killed baby Lisa. That's my opinion. Not everyone is going to agree. DB has her supporters here who do a fine job defending her. As for Mr. Albeyta? I don't care if he does or doesn't help DB and JI. His opinion is no more valid than anyone elses, IMO.

Would you say that about Marc Klaas or John Walsh? That their opinions about what to do when children go missing, and their gut instincts of guilt or innocence are not more valid than any one else's? Because I trust them. I would seek out the counsel of those who have been through this - including the Jason Jolkowski foundation and other groups started by parents of missing children. Although I hadn't heard of the Abeyta's before this case, I would place that family in the group of other bereaved families I just mentioned.

They have a lot more to offer, I believe, and their opinions are more worth listening to than the average person.

"CO father of missing baby 25 years ago turned away after offer to help"

FWIW

"CO father of baby that went missing 25 years ago meets with the parents of Baby Lisa; he believes they are innocent"

:)

I think the statement I read on here was that they are innocent. Big difference, IMO.

Would you say that about Marc Klaas or John Walsh? That their opinions about what to do when children go missing, and their gut instincts of guilt or innocence are not more valid than any one else's? Because I trust them. I would seek out the counsel of those who have been through this - including the Jason Jolkowski foundation and other groups started by parents of missing children. Although I hadn't heard of the Abeyta's before this case, I would place that family in the group of other bereaved families I just mentioned.

They have a lot more to offer, I believe, and their opinions are more worth listening to than the average person.

I totally agree. AND, I would think that someone in such a position would be very wary about saying that they believe the family. That statement goes towards his credibility, so he would have to be pretty darn sure that he was right before he said that.

Regardless, I know that a person purporting to be Abeyta's son (nothing personal, but this is the internet) says that he is convinced, but I have not seen any additional corroboration. If Abeyta did say that, and is willing to say it publicly, then it's a rather big deal. It probably means that he knows things that we don't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hashtagzeina
Back