CO Father of missing baby 25 years ago reaches out to parents of baby Lisa

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very interesting. Mr. Abeyta is clearly very concerned about the neighbor's involvement in the case. This is big. It could be the start of the end.

I'm a bit confused. The neighbor passe a LDT, and yet GA doesn't want LE to stop investigating him (even insinuating that he's the guilty party). Isn't this what happened to him when he was falsely accused after his own child went missing? Why does he want that to happen to someone else?

What possible evidence does GA have that would make anyone eye the neighbor? What he's not saying is more troubling that what he is saying.

MOO

Mel

I'm a bit confused. The neighbor passe a LDT, and yet GA doesn't want LE to stop investigating him (even insinuating that he's the guilty party). Isn't this what happened to him when he was falsely accused after his own child went missing? Why does he want that to happen to someone else?

What possible evidence does GA have that would make anyone eye the neighbor? What he's not saying is more troubling that what he is saying.

MOO

Mel

jumping off your post here Melanie.

Abeyta's daughter, Denise Alves, who is part of his team that assists in finding missing children, said Friday, "We want police to go the extra mile with this potential suspect. We don't want, however, the suspect to be accused of something he might not have done."

"The goal here," she said, "is to be sure police are not missing anything and that they won't stop looking into the possibility a potential suspect might be guilty because he may have passed a lie detector test."

i posted this before in the MSM thread before it was closed, but i think it deserves to be posted again. i think this is a very important quote from this article.

i'm not sure what inside information, if any, Mr. Abeyta has, and i'm not prepared to speculate. perhaps his daughter will post here again soon?

what i got out of that article is that, it is important to look at all possibilities. :fence:

I'm really glad the parent did little speaking (from the 2nd article). GA clearly violated any trust that could have been by going straight to the media with his findings - going so far as to tell them what DB was doing when he got there (cleaning the kitchen) and further by saying she didn't come out to say hi or shake his hand (sour grapes anyone).

He clearly is not an advocate for baby Lisa by spreading such drival nonsense.

My opinion Only.

Mel

MOO

Mel

Was Mr. Abeyta definitely cleared in the case of his own child? The article say the child was never found. Was he falsely accused, or did they just never have enough evidence to convict him?

Wow, I didn't know Mr. Abeyta was a criminal profiler.

jumping off your post here Melanie.

i posted this before in the MSM thread before it was closed, but i think it deserves to be posted again. i think this is a very important quote from this article.

i'm not sure what inside information, if any, Mr. Abeyta has, and i'm not prepared to speculate. perhaps his daughter will post here again soon?

what i got out of that article is that, it is important to look at all possibilities. :fence:

I read that in the article, but have no idea what "the extra mile" means. The neighbor has been questioned, and took a LDT. So what possibilites? Is it because he was in the service and GA think he could pass a LDT? That's a stretch as far as I'm concerned. I guess what gets me is how GA is inserting himself in this case and only appears to be bashing the parents, and now the neighbor.

:waitasec:

Very interesting. Mr. Abeyta is clearly very concerned about the neighbor's involvement in the case. This is big. It could be the start of the end.

Mr. Abeyta is a nice man, but he's not LE. His "feelings" about this neighbor don't matter any more than yours or mine.

JMO

Was Mr. Abeyta definitely cleared in the case of his own child? The article say the child was never found. Was he falsely accused, or did they just never have enough evidence to convict him?

I don't know all the deets of Christopher's case, but here is a paragraph from the web-site:

Christopher's family were suspects, as is the case with all abductions -- the family is looked at initially. The family feels that the initial investigators failed Christopher miserably in the beginning. The family cooperated from Day 1. They agreed to take polygraph tests so as to eliminate any suspicion the initial investigators may have about the family , so they could investigate potential leads and the sightings that came in. Christopher's Mom failed a polygraph and the family announced it to the media -- her Dr. had prescribed her pills to cope and she had been under heavy medication.

http://www.findchristopher.com/investigativefacts.html

I think Mr A's heart is in the right place-but he says he can not understand why these parents are not talking and in hiding..IMO-I think because DB & JI know they are guilty.DB did not even acknowledge him,DB can not look at a man who has been through a real kidnapping and she knows she has not! I would also say-If SB had anything to do with this-DB & JI would be shouting from the rooftops his name and demanding police,FBI to look at this man,they would be at the police station everyday talking,letting their boys talk..but they are not doing any of that and that speaks volumes to me!!! Mr.A and his daughter are going to find out the sad truth, their hearts are going to get broken,it will not end pretty for all involved..esp..for Little LISA!!JMOJMO

MOO

Mel

From what I've read, Gil Abeyta considers the police suspicion of him to be par for the course. He knows that parents are always going to be suspects in a missing child case. It's his wife, however, who was really raked over the coals because she failed a lie detector test. I don't think GA would want an innocent person to be accused of something but he does feel that there's something in the neighbor's story that warrants further investigation.

He seems to know something that we don't know about what went on earlier that day on October 3rd:
From the first article above:

Abeyta believes events that occurred the afternoon of Oct. 3, and that appear to have escalated throughout the evening and into the early morning hours of Oct. 4, could have caused the potential suspect to “snap” and act on impulse.

He feels that time is being wasted and the neighbor is a potential suspect and should not be dismissed easily. He clearly suggests that JB (the neighbor) was the one who was identified by the motorcycle guy as the man carrying the baby in the middle of the night:

"We have a potential suspect, we have an eyewitness who positively identified the suspect in a lineup of photos," Abeyta said.

A positive ID, a motive, some kind of trouble earlier in the day, a separation from his spouse that same day and also the fact that SB was with DB all that evening. Yes, I agree with GA, it's worth looking into in great detail, beyond a LDT.

I'm really glad the parent did little speaking (from the 2nd article). GA clearly violated any trust that could have been by going straight to the media with his findings - going so far as to tell them what DB was doing when he got there (cleaning the kitchen) and further by saying she didn't come out to say hi or shake his hand (sour grapes anyone).

He clearly is not an advocate for baby Lisa by spreading such drival nonsense.

My opinion Only.

Mel

The fact that GA was initially turned away is not news. He did not report it. It was reported by the media who were outside the house weeks ago. If anything all he's doing in the above article is confirming it. And I don't see any violation of trust in him mentioning that DB was cleaning the kitchen! He is on their side. That's clear to me. He believes Lisa is alive and he believes that DB and JI have let others (like her cousin, the PI and the lawyers) have too much power in dictating to them how to behave.

He was never an official suspect. He, like all parents of missing children, was a person of interest but it was his wife mainly who police were suspicious of.

Mr. Abeyta is a nice man, but he's not LE. His "feelings" about this neighbor don't matter any more than yours or mine.

JMO

I disagree. He has spent time with the family. He has 25 years' experience in dealing with these cases. His opinion matters a great deal. In fact, chances are he has a lot more experience in missing child cases than many of the police officers investigating this case.

Father of abducted baby reaches out, questions actions of Baby Lisa's parents

Crap! I thought Jeremy Irwin was reaching out .. for only a moment... I thought he would be Lisa's hero...until I read the rest of the title...

From what I've read, Gil Abeyta considers the police suspicion of him to be par for the course. He knows that parents are always going to be suspects in a missing child case. It's his wife, however, who was really raked over the coals because she failed a lie detector test. I don't think GA would want an innocent person to be accused of something but he does feel that there's something in the neighbor's story that warrants further investigation.

He seems to know something that we don't know about what went on earlier that day on October 3rd:
From the first article above:

He feels that time is being wasted and the neighbor is a potential suspect and should not be dismissed easily. He clearly suggests that JB (the neighbor) was the one who was identified by the motorcycle guy as the man carrying the baby in the middle of the night:

A positive ID, a motive, some kind of trouble earlier in the day, a separation from his spouse that same day and also the fact that SB was with DB all that evening. Yes, I agree with GA, it's worth looking into in great detail, beyond a LDT.

The fact that GA was initially turned away is not news. He did not report it. It was reported by the media who were outside the house weeks ago. If anything all he's doing in the above article is confirming it. And I don't see any violation of trust in him mentioning that DB was cleaning the kitchen! He is on their side. That's clear to me. He believes Lisa is alive and he believes that DB and JI have let others (like her cousin, the PI and the lawyers) have too much power in dictating to them how to behave.

He was never an official suspect. He, like all parents of missing children, was a person of interest but it was his wife mainly who police were suspicious of.

I disagree. He has spent time with the family. He has 25 years' experience in dealing with these cases. His opinion matters a great deal. In fact, chances are he has a lot more experience in missing child cases than many of the police officers investigating this case.

I agree that the neighbour should be looked at as closely as anyone else connected to this and possibly more so and I agree that GA has experience, including personal experience, dealing with missing child cases BUT while I sympathise with him on a personal level and respect him on a professional level, that does not give him the right to go around outing potential suspects in this way. If he really has evidence beyond what he has heard from DB or JI and what he has, just like us, read in the media (ie I'm pretty sure LE didn't tell him the guy was ID'd in a lineup) then he is duty bound to pass that evidence onto LE and let them investigate it.

I agree that the neighbour should be looked at as closely as anyone else connected to this and possibly more so and I agree that GA has experience, including personal experience, dealing with missing child cases BUT while I sympathise with him on a personal level and respect him on a professional level, that does not give him the right to go around outing potential suspects in this way. If he really has evidence beyond what he has heard from DB or JI and what he has, just like us, read in the media (ie I'm pretty sure LE didn't tell him the guy was ID'd in a lineup) then he is duty bound to pass that evidence onto LE and let them investigate it.

BBM

I so agree with you. This just makes me VERY uncomfortable. It's one thing for LE to investigate someone...it's their professional obligation to do so. It's another thing to drag someone's name through the mud, and encourage public suspicion of someone, when there are so few known facts with respect how and why this person is even being investigated. IF he still is being investigated.

I'm also not comfortable with the speculation that this neighbor is the man that MT identified. I've never seen that confirmed in msm. Maybe I missed it? :waitasec:

"Abeyta has been in Kansas City for nearly a month asking nothing of anyone and working day and night to help in the search for Baby Lisa. He believes she’s still alive. He is well aware of the skeptics who believe the baby is dead and who blame her parents for her demise."http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/father-of-abducted-baby-reaches-out-to-baby-lisa-s-family?CID=examiner_alerts_article

I believe he really wants to find Lisa. I don't see much of a difference from other dads or moms who have had children gone missing and stepped up and help out another family.

^ ITA. Bill Abeyta stated that he drove to KC to provide support for the family. Now it is revealed that he has a TEAM in KC and they have been there for weeks? Very disturbing, IMO.
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...aby-lisa-s-family?CID=examiner_alerts_article

He did drive to KC to provide support for the family. I don't understand what you mean when you say "now it is revealed...". He is the founder and president of Families of Missing Children so presumably he has built up a team of co-workers over the years who are helping him and help parents of missing children. What is it that's disturbing?

"We have a potential suspect, we have an eyewitness who positively identified the suspect in a lineup of photos," Abeyta said.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Baby Lisa Update: Potential suspect profile submitted to FBI - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...uspect-profile-submitted-to-fbi#ixzz1d2nRHz7n

"Yesterday they showed me a paper with six pictures on it," Thompson said. "And I picked out the man they had been showing pictures of."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...gh-questions-parents/story?id=14810300&page=2

? So the "they" in this neighbor being id'd as carrying baby Lisa, is Abeyta's team and NOT the LE??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back