Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 #27 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, when she does have a lawyer, I bet he makes a fuss about her not having one during this stage, if only to drag things out...
I don't think right to appointed counsel attaches during extradition proceedings. She will be able to get a court-appointed lawyer once she is in Colorado and facing the adversarial charges there. JMO

His mom is quite something, she is inspired and inspiring, so brave, she opens closed hearts.
She didn't have to speak yesterday, she chose to speak, without notes and straight from her heart and soul.
Woke me up and I will help carry her burden willingly.
Buddhists call it tonglen, a practice of breath where one breathes in the others pain and surrenders it to Buddha (deity).
It's breaking me too cos it is not all tonglen and I get in the way of it. But that's human nature, no judgement.
Kitty you are such a good human.

Is anyone else concerned she was not represented by an atty?

No. But I’m not a lawyer.. It’s just an extradition hearing.
The judge inquired about her having one and advised her to shut up.

Extradition Between States: Law and Process - FindLaw

States, in deciding whether to extradite, generally may not delve into the underlying charge behind an extradition request. However, the U.S. Constitution (Sixth Amendment) requires the accused "be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation." This means that states will inform the fugitive of:
  1. the extradition request;
  2. the underlying criminal charge; and
  3. the individual's right to seek legal counsel.

Why doesn't she have an attorney? I'm confused.

In the hearing, she was saying someone was supposed to call an attorney but did not. So, as usual, it is always someone else's fault. Again. Same as every time she opens her mouth. I hope her friend apologizes because we know that is important to her.

I don't think right to appointed counsel attaches during extradition proceedings. She will be able to get a court-appointed lawyer once she is in Colorado and facing the adversarial charges there. JMO
'
I feel confident that the judge is not an idiot and would not have proceeded with the hearing if she, in fact, was entitled to an attorney for the hearing.

No. But I’m not a lawyer.. It’s just an extradition hearing.
The judge inquired about her having one and advised her to shut up.

Extradition Between States: Law and Process - FindLaw

States, in deciding whether to extradite, generally may not delve into the underlying charge behind an extradition request. However, the U.S. Constitution (Sixth Amendment) requires the accused "be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation." This means that states will inform the fugitive of:
  1. the extradition request;
  2. the underlying criminal charge; and
  3. the individual's right to seek legal counsel.
Actually, I believe the right to counsel is only triggered if the defendant is being charged. I know it’s that way in Colorado - see below.

Right To Counsel In Municipal Court | Colorado General Assembly

Okay, so I am sure this has been covered, but I have been very far behind and had to skim quite a bit to catch up.

I think that on Monday, Jan 27th she killed Gannon and disposed of his body and the weapon (the 2x4??) in two separate areas. I think that she likely forgot that she was wearing her Apple Watch, so the next day she came up with the idea to rent a car and pretend it was so she could be undercover while searching for Gannon. In reality, on that day, she drove back to the crime scene and relocated Gannon's body. However, she couldn't locate the 2x4, so she had to cut her losses on that.

I believe that she gave her infamous confident interview stating that everyone would apologize to her because she knew that the authorities would track the Apple Watch data and it would lead nowhere. I believe she genuinely thought her cover story for the rental car would fly because AS would back her up, therefore she wasn't overly concerned about it being searched.

I feel like the rental car had some form of DNA belonging to Gannon inside of it and that's how she was charged with tampering with a deceased human body. I believe the tampering with physical evidence charge is due to her removing evidence from the home. I also think there's a strong chance that she had someone along with her on the second ride and that person might be acting as a witness for the state in the future.

Based on her appearance this morning, I think she'll plea not guilty and the testify on her own behalf.

Letecia posted that video herself as an explanation for why Gannon was upset. She claimed she 'didn't know' the phone was recording at that time. It's so disturbing because you can't even see Gannon in the video.
I couldn't listen to it after the first time, it was just too upsetting. In fact I've managed to hold it together until the PC yesterday when Landen spoke about Gannon and getting justice for him. Then Albert's statement... no parents should ever have to go through this much pain.

And to think of that vile woman's behavior and actions throughout this whole time. She is one sick individual and I hope LE can continue their work and find Gannon and that she is punished to the full extent of the law.

Imo
Something tells me that Gannon was a victim of much past violence/injuries that were "accidents" and we're "pinky sworn" away. moo

What would she gain by fighting extradition. At this point she should go along with the flow, start setting the stage for her extreme "sorrow", and whatever story she will tell about his dying by accident.

Probably. But whether she'd have anything to gain (I agree she wouldn't) or whether she'd be successful fighting it (I don't think she would) isn't really the test for whether she ought to have an attorney advising her.

I think she thought she was being charged with being a fugitive and that's not really the case. A fugitive warrant just allows her to be held for CO to seek extradition. I think it's always best for defendants, even the awful ones, to understand what's happening.

Edit:I see now others have posted that extradition doesn't carry the right to counsel. Makes sense I guess but I still think she thought she was being charged with flight.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members