Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 #27 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

My first take from first viewing of that appearance is that she seems to have some sort of information processing difficulties, and problems taking personal responsibility. "I never got to talk to an attorney." "Well where's your attorney?" "I was going to call my friend who has an attorney."

In other words, even at this late stage she has taken zero steps towards obtaining legal representation. Does she think it just gets handed to you?

Okay so did she say a friend was supposed to get an attorney there for her yesterday but didn’t come through or make it in time? Maybe that person wants nothing to do with her now with charges laid out. Also I think the judge did a good job of being very professional and trying to make her her very aware and not wanting any possible hiccups that could happen. I loved that he said he assumed they were probably in the air already on their way to her .

Her response for not having an attorney is to place blame. She cannot help herself to take responsibility. She could have had a public defender, but it seems that she prefers another. So, whose fault is that?

Exactly my thoughts, also. I do think that she felt a public defender was beneath her as well.

It was clear to me that she wanted to launch into her story. The judge was very good at stopping her. Although a little part of me was hoping she would just start spewing more of her dodge and weave garbage that would be admissible in her trial.

I don’t think so. I believe she’s playing dumb just as she did in the first LE interrogation where she pretended the words were too big for her and she couldn’t understand what they were asking etc.

I honestly don’t think she is playing dumb. Her ego is too fragile for that and she wants to be seen as highly intelligent. I truly believe she doesn’t have a whole lot going on upstairs. JMO
Yes but by law she is entitled to an attorney. I can't believe they'd move forward on such a high profile case without making sure she had an attorney.

If I had to guess, they probably offered a court appointed attorney and she denied. She is hoping to get an actual retained attorney but likely doesn’t have the funds. She doesn’t want the world to know she’s too broke to afford counsel. JMO

Okay, so I am sure this has been covered, but I have been very far behind and had to skim quite a bit to catch up.

I think that on Monday, Jan 27th she killed Gannon and disposed of his body and the weapon (the 2x4??) in two separate areas. I think that she likely forgot that she was wearing her Apple Watch, so the next day she came up with the idea to rent a car and pretend it was so she could be undercover while searching for Gannon. In reality, on that day, she drove back to the crime scene and relocated Gannon's body. However, she couldn't locate the 2x4, so she had to cut her losses on that.

I believe that she gave her infamous confident interview stating that everyone would apologize to her because she knew that the authorities would track the Apple Watch data and it would lead nowhere. I believe she genuinely thought her cover story for the rental car would fly because AS would back her up, therefore she wasn't overly concerned about it being searched.

I feel like the rental car had some form of DNA belonging to Gannon inside of it and that's how she was charged with tampering with a deceased human body. I believe the tampering with physical evidence charge is due to her removing evidence from the home. I also think there's a strong chance that she had someone along with her on the second ride and that person might be acting as a witness for the state in the future.

Based on her appearance this morning, I think she'll plea not guilty and the testify on her own behalf.

But... what about her and Gannon taking a self in the driveway on the said day of his disappearance? Is the watch thing equipped with a camera? Or did she have her actual phone on her?

I'm surprised he was so kind and patient with her, advising her not to say much as she hasn't been appointed a lawyer yet.

After all, it's her actions and all her words that have already convinced everyone that she is guilty.
Imo
And a few more things......

That's more than likely why she went there. But I can't help but wonder if Gannon's little sister, who went ther with her bio mom, was a possible target of TS. That little girl knew and knows a lot imo. TS probably felt she was a threat. jmo
I know I would have been frightened for her safety.
I don't believe they went to SC. I believe they went with an aunt to Texas... MOO

He might have a different reaction to some of her older pics on SM etc. where she managed to look well put together and attractive, even pretty. Honestly I don’t think most of us would look great in early-morning mug shots either, especially under the circumstances (being on the run etc. with personal hygiene probably not her top priority right now etc.). MOO. :p
I’m sorry. Let me be clear. He hasn’t seen this picture of her in court. I showed him an older photo yesterday. He is good at seeing through people. And of course, it’s after the fact that she was investigated for murder. But I will say my husband is very good at seeing behind the exterior. He just didn’t think she was “all that”. His opinion. And a good opinion.

I honestly don’t think she is playing dumb. Her ego is too fragile for that and she wants to be seen as highly intelligent. I truly believe she doesn’t have a whole lot going on upstairs. JMO

If I had to guess, they probably offered a court appointed attorney and she denied. She is hoping to get an actual retained attorney but likely doesn’t have the funds. She doesn’t want the world to know she’s too broke to afford counsel. JMO

Or they just don’t need to provide one for an extradition hearing because she isn’t being tried. Did you see the link someone posted about US Law not requiring to appoint counsel for extraditions?

That’s not for current cases. The repeal is effective in July after the signature of the Governor.
But it doesn’t really matter bc as we know from other horrible cases while the may technically have it as an option they haven’t executed anyone since the 90s right? Even then it was just used once since 1977 to current date.

The statement of how everyone will need to apologize to her when Gannon is found and comes home puzzled me then but after all this it blows my mind!!!!! I just can't understand being that detached from reality!
Won’t it be awesome when the DA shows that portion of her interview to the jury?

Do you reckon there are a few tracks along the road she most likely traveled that wouldn't be so obvious from a map? Places only locals would know about, almost by accident?
I think he is there, in one of them...

One of the things that may not be obvious just looking at the maps is the reason that there are so few roads up into the mountains is how sheer the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains is in this area. Offhand, I am familiar with four roads: US 24, which is the main road west to Woodland Park, Gold Camp Road, which I have never driven, Mt Herman Road, which is a dirt road that I think I have been on once, and Rampart Range Road, which is a dirt road that I have been on several times. There are some dirt roads that are between Palmer Lake and Monument and the part where the mountains climb, but these areas are not very wide and are mostly either parkland or "ranchettes."

Calculating. That's what T is. She is still calculating her odds, how to play this in her favor. I see this woman sitting in the folding chair handcuffed, not remotely sorry, and calculating.

You forgot that she was channeling Jodi Arias and Casey Anthony while sitting there. :) edit_ and Tammy Moorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876