Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 #28 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO

I believe I saw an early post a few threads back where someone suggested TS was retaliating against LH. It turns out it may have been directed more toward AS.

"I took care of Gannon because she didn't want to", clearly was a message directed at AS, as argument against divorce? "Why are you divorcing me, I took care of your kids!"

Ultimately, was the final, underlying message this:
"If I can't have you, then you can't have your kid."

As if it were payment for wasting her life away taking care of his children.

That's a special kind of sickness. She'll only become worse during her time in stir.

MOO

Premeditated is anything that you had the opportunity to change your mind and did not. Taking him out shopping that day was her opportunity. IMO, if he wan't already injured, she was already planning

Saw a couple of good analyses of what the DA will have to prove re: premeditation on other forums that I don't believe I can link, but I can summarize my understanding and cross-reference/link other allowable sources.

The first charge is Murder in the First-Degree (Child Under Twelve-Position of Trust §18-3-102(1)(f)). (Link to list of charges; link to relevant statute.)

If she had been charged under (1)(a), they would have to prove deliberation/premeditation. 1(f) does not have that requirement.

(1)(f) says - "The person knowingly causes the death of a child who has not yet attained twelve years of age and the person committing the offense is one in a position of trust with respect to the victim."

Seems like a slam dunk that LS is in a "position of trust" being a custodial parent; assuming they have some pretty good grounds to prove that she knowingly caused his death given the charges.

The way I understand it, the various subsections of §18-3-102 are either/or, so if you can prove (1)(f) (LS knowingly caused Gannon's death), (1)(a) (pre-mediation/deliberation) doesn't have to be true for the charge to stick.

In terms of "knowingly caused", the statutes define "knowingly" as just being aware that your actions are practically certain to cause the outcome. Anything from straight up injuring him with the intent to kill to not seeking appropriate medical treatment or otherwise neglecting a serious injury would seem to apply there.

I guess what I'm concluding is that I feel pretty confident that the charges reflect that some slam-dunk relevant facts are going to come out and that CO handled this charging appropriately. Seems like if they have the evidence to back up the charges, it won't be a difficult bar to prove 1st degree murder based on the relevant subsection of the statutes.

MOO, not a lawyer, all that...

This cannot be the same person. Most recent pictures look like her, but going further back looks completely different. Any old pictures of LS?

Here’s some older photos of LS from 2010 and 2011.

Attachments

• 4B0B2227-EED3-4A77-9585-59E4EA30CCFF.jpeg
    4B0B2227-EED3-4A77-9585-59E4EA30CCFF.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 392
  • 3E032C8A-21B4-434A-A061-9A311C40D07C.jpeg
    3E032C8A-21B4-434A-A061-9A311C40D07C.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 406
  • F19AE339-3BBB-481C-A30A-CE0464D73141.jpeg
    F19AE339-3BBB-481C-A30A-CE0464D73141.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 387
  • 51BFEE39-971A-4621-9434-A0D32E948A14.jpeg
    51BFEE39-971A-4621-9434-A0D32E948A14.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 387
  • 957B37A9-78C3-4CB2-91F5-B9DEC7DF8ABE.jpeg
    957B37A9-78C3-4CB2-91F5-B9DEC7DF8ABE.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 384
  • 361B5511-AC84-44BE-B649-26DC4035B550.jpeg
    361B5511-AC84-44BE-B649-26DC4035B550.jpeg
    40.1 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
I am surprised, with AS being military, that he would not have checked her out before marrying her, even if he knew her socially...but jmo.
AS is in the Colorado national guard and is a military intelligence officer. With national security concerns it's imperative backgrounds checks are in place. Unless I'm wrong and thing have changed over the years FBI always run checks on spouses. I believe the FBI would run background checks on a newly married spouse.

I do believe you can get kicked out of base housing. The service member and spouse must abide by the rules and regulations. And if your kicked out of base housing the service member will be brought in front of their superior officer to explain the reason for being removed from housing.
Also the military takes sexual allegations serious. The criminal investigation units will investigate any and all allegations. With T's history of lying and being deceitful
it didn't come to much. It just looks bad on the service member. It's know wonder he moved out to Colorado.

Last edited:
MOO

I believe I saw an early post a few threads back where someone suggested TS was retaliating against LH. It turns out it may have been directed more toward AS.

"I took care of Gannon because she didn't want to", clearly was a message directed at AS, as argument against divorce? "Why are you divorcing me, I took care of your kids!"

That's a special kind of sickness. She'll only become worse during her time in stir.

MOO
Vindictive. To the extreme.

BBM:

Now, now. Let's not be snarky.

I'm sure TS would tell you she's known from a very young age what "waive" means:
4893.gif

See there? "Waiving."

Looks like you owe her another apology.

You're probably going to have to throw in some flowers at this point, given all your harsh comments about her….
The fact that they're completely true and entirely warranted, notwithstanding.
Just in case anybody missed this jewel.

MOO

MOO
He must have been a wreck if she really did send that picture from Garden of the Gods the day before.

Good job! Just run those against her mug and you will see the difference. She is duck-facing, LMAO!

TBH, it crossed my mind earlier that she may have been pouting a bit in the mug shot (on purpose), the closest she could get to duck face without being reprimanded, likely because again, she thinks it makes her look better in pics.

I have a family member who always smiles a certain way for pics because she thinks it makes her look better. My husband told me it's a thing and to look it up, so I did, and he was right! :p

Thank you, that’s really kind.

I just can’t bear the criticism of the parents. This is the worst tragedy and they don’t even know where he is. They can’t even lay him to rest and have a dignified place to visit. The last thing they need is shaming. The mom has gotten it too. Armchair judges and juries when the only person who deserves to stand before a judge is Tecia Stauch. And I wish they could strip her of her last name.

I've thought about that last name thing, too. It grinds my gears that she gets to keep it and use it.

Some people are using TS, others LS, for the step mom in this thread. Is it possible to just pick LS to use as switching them up is confusing to follow at first?

Actually, I don't think it's possible to get everyone on the same page. I suggested sticking with LS for the first two threads, mods suggested it, it just isn't working. So I tend to use whatever the person used to whom I'm responding. But I think TS has overtaken LS here, in terms of what people find natural to use.

There are no other TS's or LS's in the story, fortunately - so either one means her. Plus some use T and some use Tee. It's a sign of the kind of case this is. If LS had used her regular name recently, then perhaps the press and everyone else would too - but she's become "Tee"

Thank you, that’s really kind.

I just can’t bear the criticism of the parents. This is the worst tragedy and they don’t even know where he is. They can’t even lay him to rest and have a dignified place to visit. The last thing they need is shaming. The mom has gotten it too. Armchair judges and juries when the only person who deserves to stand before a judge is Tecia Stauch. And I wish they could strip her of her last name.
bbm
THIS ^^^^

Maybe one of our attorneys could answer that one.

They can do whatever they want really. They've said they don't believe it's a death case, so having said that publicly, I don't believe they would now put it back on the table as a bargaining chip. But they can play around with how many decades they shave off, etc.

MOO

MOO

While I doubt she killed Gannon on purpose for revenge/retaliation/to hurt AS (and/or LH), I do think it's possible she took her anger and stress/negative emotions (toward AS and the developing marital situation, feeling rejected if he was really filing for divorce, feeling exposed if he was starting to see the light/red flags, maybe desperate, worried about finances/supporting herself, etc.) out on Gannon and just went too far. I'm also not ruling out the earlier theories that the runaway setup may have started out as a ploy to bring Al back to her (position herself as his comforter, etc.) and just went too far.

ETA: Never mind my last comment - I forgot about the bloody board :( Scratch the runaway ploy theory...

I saw the below posted by @jillycat a couple of threads back and it was just so beautiful. I think it's worth reposting in case others like me, missed it. This case has just hurt my heart so much and @jillycat 's words say exactly how I feel:
. . .
The truth is, people feel extremely indignant and outraged about what she did because she was extremely depraved in her extreme conduct, and she caused a little child to be terrified and to suffer deeply, then die. Outrage is the correct response to the outrageous. It may be healthy to regulate intense emotions about her over time, so we’re not in toxic overdrive, but that’s very different, in my opinion, than needing to forgive Letecia Stauch. I don’t view this distinction as a spiritual deficit. I view it as moral clarity.

This is my only prayer:

That Gannon is found. And, that Gannon’s family is fortified by the love and support of those who stand with them, near and far. That they have the endurance they will need to simply face another day. That they develop increasing resilience to get through coroner’s findings, grotesque facts of what was done to their son, a trial where there will never be commensurate Justice, and a life that now includes Absence.

My prayer is that their love for Gannon fuels and sustains a will to persist when they are alone at night, in the awful silence of deep Loss and the throes of traumatic suffering, and wanting God to take them too. Because this really is as bad as they think it is.

There is no ‘closure’, there is no grief model that even approximates what they’re experiencing, you do not ‘heal’ from the absence of someone. The pain of Gone is not an illness with a duration. Rather, Gone is the stars shattering at your feet, the sun extinguishing, and the moon spinning away. There is no day from now on where they will not be sad, even when they know joy.

I hope Gannon is home soon.

“Grief is Love’s Shadow. The Presence of Absence. An unbearable weight of emptiness.” - John Mark Green
This is why we join together! Thank you for sharing this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic