Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 #28 **ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
VIDEO: Letecia Stauch, stepmom of Gannon Stauch, spoke to 11 News on Jan. 31. She was arrested March 2

"….I'm going to be so ecstatic when I am able to say to people that I hope they have a really sincere apology for all of these theories that have came <sic> out online, for ALL of the things that they say that I have done, or people have done, and I just want everyone to know that we are going to find Gannon, and I love him so much, and I have been taking care of him for so long."

Reporter: "Any message for Gannon?"

Her: "The message for Gannon is, Gannon, when you get here, you'll be able to truly tell what happened, and then, I REALLLY hope I get a sincere apology from EVERYone who has made <sic> ALLLL those things…."

There was absolutely nothing about her performance in that interview that was in the least bit believable.

Not one single syllable, not one single gesture.

Every single second of it was contrived and artificial.

Because that's who she is: an artificial human being.

There is no truth within her.

JMO.

We are all going to be ecstatic when Gannon comes home Tee,because you're right,he will tell us exactly what you did to him,then he will be at peace and your a$$ will rot in jail forever!

That's the only bit of truth to her statement, he WILL come home and he WILL be bringing the last nail for her coffin. #GannonStrong

According to Colorado law, "a person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes,or alters a human body,part of a human body,or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings.
Letecia Stauch chooses not to fight extradition to Colorado on first-degree murder charges

So this charge doesn't necessarily mean she moved the body from the intial crime site.
But only that she's hidden the body...?

According to Colorado law, "a person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes,or alters a human body,part of a human body,or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings.
Letecia Stauch chooses not to fight extradition to Colorado on first-degree murder charges

So this charge doesn't necessarily mean she moved the body from the intial crime site.
But only that she's hidden the body...?

It means she could have moved or concealed Gannons body, parts of his body, or attempted to destroy it, most often by burning, however, possibly worse scenarios I will not mention.

She has a right to an attorney. The attorney will almost certainly assert her rights to sleep and an interview with him/her present.

The whole thing about her “asking to talk to her attorney and being denied. I don’t think we have to worry about her getting out on some technicality. She is the one saying she had an attorney but ofc none showed up. I don’t think they assign you a public defender if you’re unable to afford one.

Maybe if she hadnt have emptied the bank account she would have had a court appointed one by now. Again this is her own doing/undoing. Trying to outsmart the system. It’s as ridiculous as her still insisting it’s all a mistake because we all know she’s smarter than that huge list of agencies involved with the collection of evidence.

She has a right to an attorney. The attorney will almost certainly assert her rights to sleep and an interview with him/her present.

The whole thing about her “asking to talk to her attorney and being denied. I don’t think we have to worry about her getting out on some technicality. She is the one saying she had an attorney but ofc none showed up. I don’t think they assign you a public defender if you’re unable to afford one.

Maybe if she hadnt have emptied the bank account she would have had a court appointed one by now. Again this is her own doing/undoing. Trying to outsmart the system. It’s as ridiculous as her still insisting it’s all a mistake because we all know she’s smarter than that huge list of agencies involved with the collection of evidence.

It means she could have moved or concealed Gannons body, parts of his body, or attempted to destroy it, most often by burning, however, possibly worse scenarios I will not mention.
Yes, I think she may have moved Gannon's body in the rental
Although after reading the explanation of the charge it sounds as if it could imply only that she's hidden and concealed the body.
If that is the case, I'm hoping it will be easier to locate him without ANY 'help' from TS
IF she didn't move the body to a secondary site,
I still can't fathom what the rental business is all about...??

I think she was merely trying to be convincing, as her freedom depended on it.

She’s a skilled liar, and likely didn’t feel an ounce of remorse for what she did.

I was talking to someone about this recently, and they said “she’s very believable.” My response was something to the effect of “If you listen to her words though, and understand her thought process and what she’s trying to convey, then it’s not in the least bit convincing.”

Put her up against any innocent person in a similar situation, and everything is wrong with that interview. Gannon was an afterthought, and the primary goal was striking out against her critics, and fooling people into believing her.

A confident person can still be a liar, and being confident doesn’t necessarily mean they believe their own lies.

They just have a horse in the race.

Yes, she is a skilled liar, but she's also a narcissist and she believes she's smarter than she actually is. To think her "press release" was going to convince others was the height of self-delusion. In it, she pats herself on the back numerous times, and people don't like that sort of thing. It puts them on edge. She has absolutely no humility, and I agree, she feels no remorse. Even more, I don't think she can feel remorse. Something is missing in her psyche. It's evident from Gannon's voice in the video that he was already badly injured. She probably abused him regularly, but this time she'd gone too far and she wouldn't have been able to explain away his injuries. She's a psychopath - I don't think there's any doubt of that.

How anyone could think that releasing that video would help in their defense is beyond my understanding and mistakenly leaving in the “ I’m bleeding” for the jury to hear....
Not here to pick apart the ending of the video bc many versions are floating around but I did listen it and I heard “I didn’t”, not the “I’m bleeding”. IMO

I'm starting to think the 900 + miles on the rental car may be correct!
Her behaviour is so erratic and frantic,
I imagine she drives like a lunatic.
And that day she was a lunatic on a mission behind a wheel SCARY!

What her mission was and what she hoped to accomplish with the rental is still bugging me and I can't think of any other reason for it than to move the evidence which sad to say was/is Gannon himself!!
But so much crazy keeps coming out that we could all very well be totally shocked when we find out the truth behind her irrational reasons for the rental.
Whatever it was the reasons behind it had to be for something nefarious.
Have to be because of her ridiculous 'story' surrounding the rental in the first place!

I do believe the rental car company posted on Twitter, that the 900 miles was a typo.
I will try to search that out when I get a chance to post in media links.

The rental car bothers me and I have a strong feeling it’s important to this case. She dropped the pickup truck at the airport and rented the car, and drove AS home from the airport. I believe she picked the car up at 8/9am and AS landed at 12/1pm. Now she had a 3 hour window to get things done.....but I wonder if that was a doable timeframe to get anything done.....depending on the distance between their home/wherever GS is located and the airport.

I wonder if she left the home at all after bringing AS home from the airport? Did she leave for a few hours to grocery shop/run errands? Did she leave the home permanently that day? In her first interview with Spencer, she said she had been shopping for clothes and underwear because she had no clothes with her and couldn’t go back to her home to gather some belongings. That statement makes me believe that she left in a hurry or was never allowed back into the home. Why wouldn’t she grab a few days of clothes, or even go back into the home to grab some things? Did she have that rental car alone for hours by herself after AS returned home? Was that the day she left the home permanently? Because if so, she had hours and hours with a rental car by herself.

if she did in fact move GS body with that rental car, this indicates a huge misstep on LE part. If this case was not labeled as a runaway from the beginning, they very well could’ve found GS body in the first few days of his disappearance. Even if they find his body now, weeks and weeks of evidence will be lost. TS would not have had the freedom or ability to go back to move the body as she would be under scrutiny and suspicion by LE.

we will find this out if/when the arrest affidavit is unsealed. LE says that expect TS’ defense attorney to unseal that upon the first hearing. So when we ask, why seal it anyway, if that’s what their expectations are anyways.....might be to get a few extra days to come up with a way to explain that first misstep in investigation on their own part to the public. Guess we will have to wait and see.

MOO

Last edited:

Has it been verified that she emptied the joint bank account?

Morning, fellow WSers!

giphy.gif

Here for Gannon!

My question is this. Why did she go to the airport in the truck and leave it and pick up a rental AND her husband and take him home? Why didn't he drive the truck home? What could she have said to AS that made sense about leaving his truck?

My question is this. Why did she go to the airport in the truck and leave it and pick up a rental AND her husband and take him home? Why didn't he drive the truck home? What could she have said to AS that made sense about leaving his truck?
Apparentely TS has claimed it was her own car that she drove to the airport, she told this to Leigh Egan from crimeonline.
It could be a lie? But a very easy one for LE to uncover.

AS seems to be a very trusting person -- trusting to a fault, obviously -- but I can't believe he wasn't at least somewhat aware that his wife and his son had relationship issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine