Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a conversation about this! There were texts between Landen, TS, and Al in which Al was saying their daughter (the youngest) claimed TS was hurting Gannon and so Landen asked about it. It is believed that TS was texting from Al’s phone because the text read that TS was owed an apology for her stepdaughter making false claims against her to Landen.
IMO that requires a link.

I agree with you and respectfully shortened your quote.

IMO, the neighbors video is a big deal but I don't at all believe it's the the most damming piece of evidence that they have. No way. If they did not have this video, I believe we would still be looking at the arrest and murder charge of the stepmom. I do believe the video helped with a timeline and to compare her initial statements to police when she reported Gannon missing. But that video alone, IMO, would have never resulted in her arrest.
I agree they have rock solid proof, DA May wouldn't have charged a no-body 1st degree charge unless they did IMO.

I do wonder if the neighbor's (RD) video was so much clearer and that his dad could have seen facial trauma or something to indicate Gannon was already in trouble at that time? I also think there may have been audio.

MOO

ETA: spelling

Last edited:
I can’t stop thinking about how angry I am about this case, and wish there was anything I could possibly do to help. I just read the article about the woman that decorated the outside of the jail in Colorado Springs with Sonic items, blue balloons and ribbons, Gannon’s photo. I’m thinking about going to Salina tonight and setting up the same thing. I want her to know that we all love Gannon, and she can’t hide what she’s done, even in the middle of Kansas. I don’t want her to have a moment of peace.

I don’t have time to have photos printed, but I could do the rest of it. I don’t want to cause any trouble with the town, Salina is lovely, but I want her to know his heart has touched us all. What do you guys think? Is it possible that could get me into trouble legally?

This is the article about the wonderful person that set this up in CO:
‘That’s the last thing I want her to see before she’s locked up’: Local woman puts posters of Gannon outside jail
Just in case:
Here’s a few of the faqs selected from the below link containing all faqs. It appears your okay.
  • Q: Do I need a permit for a temporary sign? A: No
  • Q: Why are temporary signs regulated? A: The City of Salina allows promotion of certain events and activities, while maintaining the safety and aesthetics of the community and public streets. Improperly placed signs may create safety hazards, distract drivers, and become litter when abandoned.
  • Q: Who is affected? A: Sign regulations affect all citizens in Salina.
Q: Can I place a sign on someone else's property? A: With the owner’s permission, yes. With the owner’s permission, yes.

Q: Can I place a sign on the sidewalk, or in the right-of-way? A: Signs may not be placed on sidewalks or in right-of ways.

Q: If I do not have a sidewalk, where can I place a sign?
A: If no sidewalk is present, sighs should be placed a minimum of 10 ft. back from the curb.

Q: Can I attach a sign to a utility pole or tree? A: No sign shall be attached to a tree or utility pole whether on public or private property.

Q: What are the consequences of improperly placing a sign in the ROW? A: Without notice, signs may be confiscated and taken to Sign Jail, which is located at the Carver Center, 315 N. 2nd Street. The sign will be held for a period of three business days. If it is sign is not picked up by the owner, it will be disposed of by City staff. Welcome to the City of Salina, Kansas - signs

Because it was obviously unplanned, due to the loose ends she left dangling, no way she wasn't going to get caught because of the coverup. And that, there is no evidence that she was anything other than one more parent of a blended family trying to make it work. And that she helped AS in the courts to gain custody. (according to her).
There just isn't any evidence that she physically abused Gannon before that night, assuming the abuse took place on Sunday night.
I don't see anyone here calling the death an "accident", ie that he was walking down the stairs and tripped on a toy, hit his head and died.
In my mind, I can separate 2 issues. She probably, IMO, hit him too hard or pushed him and he hit something. And was petrified at taking blame.
I am satisfied believing that until I see more proof, I don't also have to blame her for cutting off his ears, stuffing objects in his mouth, cutting him up in pieces on the garage floor, or consistently beating him up for 2 years.

Deliberation and Premeditation

Whether a killer acted with the deliberation and premeditation required for first degree murder can only be determined on a case by case basis. The need for deliberation and premeditation does not mean that the perpetrator must contemplate at length or plan far ahead of the murder. Time enough to form the conscious intent to kill and then act on it after enough time for a reasonable person to second guess the decision typically suffices. While this can happen very quickly, deliberation and premeditation must occur before, and not at the same time as, the act of killing.

First Degree Murder Overview - FindLaw

Premeditation
Someone premeditates a crime by considering it before committing it. Premeditation requires that the defendant think out the act, no matter how quickly—it can be as simple deciding to pick up a hammer that is lying nearby and to use it as a weapon.

What is premeditated and deliberate conduct?

If you believe the Monday video of Gannon not returning then how would that not fit then? Step parent claims to lose the childEvelyn Boswell didnt have a car or description of an abductor.

When you say "oh we felt we needed to upgrade bc x, y, z" and those things were always true. He was always 11 years old not a new fact, he was always on medication not new, and the weather being cold also not new.

See what I mean? Day 1 when Gannon was reported missing those were all the same factors for this new need to upgrade. I'm just saying that it wasn't a believable reason they now felt the need based on the reasons they gave.

My understanding is an Amber Alert is to prevent immediate harm to a kidnapped/abducted child and to ask the public's immediate help in locating the described abductor and child. It's not intended to be a generic alert for "child endangerment."
Two days after he was reported missing, GS was classified as a missing and endangered child based on the weather, his age, and his need for medication. One can argue that should have happened sooner. I would probably agree based on what we currently know from LE.

According to what we've been told, RD, the neighbor, discovered the footage on Saturday, 6 days after GS was reported missing and 3 days after he was classified as endangered. LE was supposedly called on Sunday by AS after RD showed him the video. That's 7 days after GS was reported missing. I cannot see why issuing an Amber Alert 7 days after the events shown in the video occurred and 4 days after GS was classified as endangered
would have made sense.

Amber Alerts can be useful, no doubt. But they aren't always. And over using them-- treating them as "child missing" alerts won't be helpful IMO. It's not as though the public wasn't already looking for GS. LE didn't need more well-meaning but useless tips being called in because a different kind of alert went out. And as it is, people turn off alerts on their phones if they become too numerous.

I don't know much about the Boswell case but my understanding is the mother initially claimed to know who had her. And was claiming they might run with her. Of course, we now know the mom was not telling LE consistent stories. But if her first story had been true, one could justify an Amber Alert.

That's my opinion. Yours seems to differ and that's fine.

I've seen American Indian on some forms.
I was going to mention that. I believe in the very beginning I read here that she was American Indian. I knew I already knew it by the time she gave her back to the camera interview.

ETA: change that to Native American, which is the proper name. I apologize if the other term offended anyone.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand the continued insistence and minimization of this woman's crime towards Gannon by saying this was an accident. The charge is a first-degree murder charged, pre-meditated. I draw several conclusions from that.

1)That Gannon left that home alive, as per the video, and he did not die in the house.
2)That Gannon did not return to the house that day.
3)That LE believes Gannon is dead, and it happened outside the home, hence the extensive searches and murder charge.

Thus, even if she hurt him Sunday "by accident", he was still alive when he got in that vehicle. She had the choice to take him to the ER, to get him medical help, to return home and care for him. But clearly, she did none of those things, and LE is fairly certain that she chose to take him somewhere and kill him. Or let him die of his injuries, but if that were the case, it might be a neglect charge. To me, this woman has proven herself a liar, mean, and vindictive sadist who likes to inflict emotional pain on others and lashes out when she is thwarted. Why is crossing the line to her deliberately murdering Gannon so hard for some? Just trying to understand.

ITA. If there's evidence of harm to Gannon inside the house, then she had a duty to get care for him (and failure to do so, under Colorado law, can result in a Murder One charge). But there's evidence that not only did she fail to seek care, she lied about seeking care and deliberately took action to take him further and further away from care. I figure that hitting someone with a 2x4 counts as causing an injury that needs treatment and that any reasonable person would agree.

Her race is recorded wrong too

She has various ethnic backgrounds (called "race" on the form, as it is an old practice). My understanding of her genealogy is that her father and his family definitely identified as white/Anglo-European. IME, these forms are often filled out by LE and often reflect their sense of ethnicity in the place where they live.

OTOH, perhaps that's how she identifies.

Thank you. I'd still take it with a grain of salt, considering the source. It's still not fair to assume Gannon had behaviors or negative side effects due to either ADHD or Vyvanse.

I agree.
I believe nothing she says.
I believe it is possible if not likely she googled the most destructive drug in an effort to make a self defense claim.
His own mother is the only person qualified to name any medication he may have received, the reasons he received it and the purpose of the medication.

If you believe the Monday video of Gannon not returning then how would that not fit then? Step parent claims to lose the childEvelyn Boswell didnt have a car or description of an abductor.

When you say "oh we felt we needed to upgrade bc x, y, z" and those things were always true. He was always 11 years old not a new fact, he was always on medication not new, and the weather being cold also not new.

See what I mean? Day 1 when Gannon was reported missing those were all the same factors for this new need to upgrade. I'm just saying that it wasn't a believable reason they now felt the need based on the reasons they gave.

I'm quite certain that the decision to change the status from "runaway" to "endangered" had everything to do with the investigative work done until that point, and potential evidence uncovered at that point. I certainly wouldn't call it idiotic. I have faith the men and women at the ECSO working their butt off for Gannon, knows exactly what they're doing.

jmo

There was a conversation about this! There were texts between Landen, TS, and Al in which Al was saying their daughter (the youngest) claimed TS was hurting Gannon and so Landen asked about it. It is believed that TS was texting from Al’s phone because the text read that TS was owed an apology for her stepdaughter making false claims against her to Landen.

Where did this information come from?

I'm with you on this @MassGuy Even though much of TS's actions defy all logic & sense of humanity, they are what they are. She got that rental car for a reason & it wasn't because she was worried Gannon would spot her going door to door.

My hope is that she was too stupid & rushed to clean it properly. I know for sure she's got 1/2 of that equation covered!

talking about stupid....colliding worlds. Where does she get the gall to LATER push the abduction story....which would totally negate her sorry excuse as the need for a rental.

ETA Wouldn't a child who had been abducted love to see his Dad's truck roll up!

Last edited:
Deliberation and Premeditation

Whether a killer acted with the deliberation and premeditation required for first degree murder can only be determined on a case by case basis. The need for deliberation and premeditation does not mean that the perpetrator must contemplate at length or plan far ahead of the murder. Time enough to form the conscious intent to kill and then act on it after enough time for a reasonable person to second guess the decision typically suffices. While this can happen very quickly, deliberation and premeditation must occur before, and not at the same time as, the act of killing.

First Degree Murder Overview - FindLaw

Premeditation
Someone premeditates a crime by considering it before committing it. Premeditation requires that the defendant think out the act, no matter how quickly—it can be as simple deciding to pick up a hammer that is lying nearby and to use it as a weapon.

What is premeditated and deliberate conduct?
<modsnip> I never said the charges against her were not justified, and that is consistent with what I think happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, ( and I hate defending TS), we don't even know that she did mistreat him prior to these events. She might have just "snapped". She might have participated in some verbal or emotional abuse, which is horrible, but not as easily recognized, especially by a child. If that is the case, he may not have know there was anything to tell. He might have just thought that is her personality or blamed himself.

We don't know if or why adults suspected her right away, but I would suspect if they did, it has more to do with the details of this case or what she was saying than past behavior.
I don't believe she "just snapped." From her statements and past behavior I'm thinking she was verbally abusive towards everyone.

She did not hesitate to criticize LE and bash Gannon's mother in her first interview, knowing full well what she had done to him. It may have started as emotional abuse, but I think at some point it escalated to violence. After all, she does have a record of assault.

She seemed to resent Gannon, even to the point of publicly humiliating him even after what she had done to him.
I can only imagine how she treated him in those two years that she lived with them.

She's never shown any remorse or empathy this entire time. It takes a certain type of person to do what she did. She didn't just become a horrible person overnight.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member