Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t think LE told anyone in the MSM they suspected foul play. I recall recently seeing someone say that someone said LE said, but that’s not verified and also isn’t remotely consistent with how LE has handled this.
I don’t think they said “foul play” until she was arrested. On Wednesday or Thursday that first week the search was changed from “runaway” to “missing endangered” due to his age and his needing medication. They maintained pretty much up to the day she was arrested that this was a search for a boy, not a body, even though everything they were doing screamed otherwise.

Again I apologize because I'm pages behind (and I think I missed an entire thread at one point.
When this is over, we'll have enough threads to make something.)

This idea may be ridiculous but here goes.. The rental car was used to keep AS from his truck but she also used it as a decoy.

She realized she had the watch on while she was in red truck and knew she needed to make up new stuff. She knew she had to either move the body or make LE think she did.

She picked up AS from airport and they looked for GS, etc. What if she just drove the rental car on a wild goose chase for 900 and whatever miles knowing it would be tracked on GPS? She thought that would throw them off her trail and LE might not search so hard locally.

Probably dumb idea. I'll duck for cover, lol.
GANNONis my hero!
Consider her known actions, nothing should be considered too dumb...I find it extremely difficult to believe even this WSM would have a second vehicle w/ evidence of Gannon, since her story at this point was all about run away or abduction...MOO

I wonder what day they impounded the CO rental car. Imagine if she tried to rent it again for her escape to SC. And she must have been feeling the heat right before running. I didn’t think persons of interest were allowed to leave the state. I’m surprised they didn’t tell everyone involved not to leave. Maybe they can’t by law unless u are an official suspect. Anyone know?
@Angels27 I read a post that explained the criteria for a public defender. One must be a suspect or person of interest in a criminal investigation. Until the time of her arrest, the investigation was not classified as criminal and TS was not a POI or suspect. It was a shrewd strategy.

I really don’t think LE told anyone in the MSM they suspected foul play. I recall recently seeing someone say that someone said LE said, but that’s not verified and also isn’t remotely consistent with how LE has handled this.

Insofar as it was in MSM, for our purposes here at WS, it's verified. If we stop using the verified Twitter reports just because we don't want to look at what MSM was told and what happened in the early days, we should be just as wary looking at it now.

From koaa.com:

January 29: News 5 Investigates receives a credible tip from law enforcement sources, alerting us that Gannon was not a runaway child and foul play is suspected. Our sources disclosed that Gannon's stepmom was considered a prime suspect.

This was published a couple of days ago.

I actually took a screenshot on that day she briefly opened her fb account and she put up that profile pic and LH commented to take it down. I think it’s okay to post since it was on TS’s fb. I think LH thought she was that twisted and I tend to think she is as well.
@Trocroc9 Thank you for sharing this screenshot into the sick mind of TS. I am sure that was not the only time TS taunted and tormented LH, and by using her own children. Vile!!

IF she even picked him up. It will not surprise me if, while her car was at the airport, she was out in that rental car and never picked up AS. That would have been his first really large clue (although I'll bet crisp legal tender that he had gone over all their joint iCloud pictures etc).

AS hurried back to CO, and he probably spent the night calling anyone who was known to him to be a parent of a friend of Gannon's AND looking at every internet angle that he could.

That’s what I think as well. I just feel like he would’ve gone straight home to get situated, talk to neighbors, participate in the searches around his neighborhood, etc. Per the timeline it seemed LE was at their house speaking to him & LH (after she eventually arrived) Tues night. I just feel LS was “missing” which was probably very unfavorable in LE’s eyes while they were at the home especially considering she was the last person to have seen him IMO.

I don’t think they said “foul play” until she was arrested. On Wednesday or Thursday that first week the search was changed from “runaway” to “missing endangered” due to his age and his needing medication. They maintained pretty much up to the day she was arrested that this was a search for a boy, not a body, even though everything they were doing screamed otherwise.

MSM cooperated by not using the term, but as soon as the arrest was made, KOAA published its own timeline of what it knew when, stating:

January 29: News 5 Investigates receives a credible tip from law enforcement sources, alerting us that Gannon was not a runaway child and foul play is suspected. Our sources disclosed that Gannon's stepmom was considered a prime suspect.

So while we, the public, did not know this, KOAA knew it and decided not to publish this at the time. LE was maintaining publicly that it was not a criminal case, and while KOAA says it knew that LE suspected foul play on the 29th, they stayed quiet to aid the investigation.

This means that some LE were suspecting TS on the 29th, which was the point a couple of us were discussing above. If they suspected her on the 27th, they did a poor job of keeping her under surveillance. I believe it was only after talking to AS and LH that they realized what exactly they were dealing with (and what had happened in the home).

I think this suspicion came up on the 28th, when she rented a car and failed to stay at the family home while AS and LH were arriving, giving interviews, and wanting, more than anything, to ask TS a boatload of questions.

IOW, "they" maintained that it was not a criminal case to us, but some LE gave MSM a different story.

I actually took a screenshot on that day she briefly opened her fb account and she put up that profile pic and LH commented to take it down. I think it’s okay to post since it was on TS’s fb. I think LH thought she was that twisted and I tend to think she is as well.
Wow. Do you know the date this posted?

I should have quoted the post. There’s a post with a remark about that claim. I saw the claim as well in the last couple of days.

So have the rules changed and now we cannot talk about "that" video?
I'm not sure.
I see several problems with it however.
Firstly, there are several versions, some are allegedly doctored and all are not the same.
I happened to see what I believe is the original which did not go black when she entered his room.
Subsequent copies removed the film.
When I asked I was told that KKTV published original with the vid as well as audio and that EPSCO asked it to be redacted.
SOMEHOW it got redacted from every copy out there but the audio got 'enhanced and bits added to it, possibly by outrageous attention seeking podcasters.
THEN a week later TS claimed her her fb account got hacked and a whole pile of Trump loving content got published via her account, for which she attempted to lay the blame on Landen's family.
BUT, it is likely that she would attempt to redact the alleged haking a week and try throwing the vid with film in there claiming the whole thing was fake.
It's problematic for us as sleuthers on this website because MSM cannot now publish it, particularly if the EPSCO redaction is fact.

I believe it was me that pointed out that the head FBI agent stated at the press conference announcing TS arrest “ To the community I want to tell you that at this time all of the evidence in Gannon’s disappearance points to foul play “.
It’s at 8:13 in this video. IMO this was the first and only time this phrase was used. Certainly not by MSM DURING the investigation that I can recall.

That’s what I think as well. I just feel like he would’ve gone straight home to get situated, talk to neighbors, participate in the searches around his neighborhood, etc. Per the timeline it seemed LE was at their house speaking to him & LH (after she eventually arrived) Tues night. I just feel LS was “missing” which was probably very unfavorable in LE’s eyes while they were at the home especially considering she was the last person to have seen him IMO.

Exactly. Had we all known, at the time, that LS was running around in a rental car, we'd have thought the same thing. There was no need for them to drive "door to door" (that makes no sense). AS would naturally want to talk to neighbors, to talk to LE, to talk most of all to LS. As questions kept coming, he'd want her there to answer. This is likely also the day that she departed the family home, never to return.

So, evading AS may have been part of her strategy. I wonder if they have even met face to face since Gannon disappeared and if so, under what circumstances.

The latest timeline published (the Gazette I believe) says MSM was notified on 1/29 that foul play was suspected. If they suspected foul play on Monday night, then they should have had her under surveillance. She should not have been able to jump up Tuesday morning and head to an airport if she was already a POI and they thought foul play was involved. Much less rent a car and go tooling about for at least one tankful (350-400 miles) .

I think it is Albert's arrival and what he told police that made them join in a "foul play" scenario, specifically:

1) What was missing from the house (besides Gannon)
2) What Gannon's phone revealed
3) Various things said by TS to AS in the past
4) Anything unusual in the house (such as recently replaced items)
5) Whether TS was acting suspiciously (gone all day on Tuesday?)
6) Whether TS was every violent with the kids in the past
7) And..if they shared an iCloud account, whether there were any recent pictures or videos of GS (whereupon of course, the infamous video from FB would show up - which AS may have already seen via messenger anyway).

I'm sure there's more. If TS was in fact out driving around in a rental while AS talked to police (both parents gave interviews to the police on Tuesday - Landen's is reported to have lasted late into the night). TS had misidentified a boy's picture at a convenience store not far from their home; Landen says it's not her son. LE believe Landen (and probably AS) and realize TS is lying. If TS isn't around the house to answer any questions (if she's gone all Tuesday night, in her rental car), that's pretty damning.
It's on Wednesday that LE apparently told MSM that it suspected "foul play" (but obviously chose to run with a different narrative for the purposes of getting more evidence on TS).
BBM
I don’t think this happened. This, as I recall, recently appeared in a post about someone who allegedly knew someone in LE that said someone in LE said...

I believe it was me that pointed out that the head FBI agent stated at the press conference announcing TS arrest “ To the community I want to tell you that at this time all of the evidence in Gannon’s disappearance points to foul play “.
It’s at 8:13 in this video. IMO this was the first and only time this phrase was used. Certainly not by MSM DURING the investigation that I can recall.
I posted again with the quote. The press conference was when we all knew. I’m agreeing this was never stated to MSM before her arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper