Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about the military search last week and then she was arrested and charged early Monday morning. I wonder if they found a significant piece of evidence that confirmed Gannon is dead and also led back to TS. If so, I wonder what it could have been.

I may be remembering wrong but I thought the military search was postponed until Sat. And I thought we were told at some point the warrants were drawn Friday. I think the evidence could be anything but if the military search WAS Sat, not sure it was something found then.
JMO

IRF-2ndQFY18Redacted.pdf
Open the document above^
Click the search magnifying icon at the top right. Type in:
Stauch, Latecia hit enter
It will take you to the page with her name highlighted in orange to see the settlement amounts.

ETA: aka: page 16
I am always so impressed by your “mad skillz” (as the kids say these days, or maybe that was last year)!

I'm having a problem with the cell phone being left at home. We know in the beginning, she said she took a selfie on her phone to send to AS. Then she said it wasn't her phone, it was Gannon's. AS and LE know if he received that picture or not. The problem is since she left her cell phone at home, she didn't want to be tracked. That makes me think that she either planned to leave him somewhere or she was going to finish him off. Now, I'm wondering again if she did leave him and used the rental car to go find him, because she didn't want to be recognized. She couldn't find him because he wondered away and passed away. Or, she found him dead and moved his body in the rental car. Either way, imo, she knew when they left that morning, he wasn't coming back home with her. I may be thinking too hard and it's something else completely...I just don't know. Jmo

I wonder what day they impounded the CO rental car. Imagine if she tried to rent it again for her escape to SC. And she must have been feeling the heat right before running. I didn’t think persons of interest were allowed to leave the state. I’m surprised they didn’t tell everyone involved not to leave. Maybe they can’t by law unless u are an official suspect. Anyone know?

I may be remembering wrong but I thought the military search was postponed until Sat. And I thought we were told at some point the warrants were drawn Friday. I think the evidence could be anything but if the military search WAS Sat, not sure it was something found then.
JMO
You’re right. The military search took place on the 29th, and the arrest warrant was issued on the 28th.

I'm having a problem with the cell phone being left at home. We know in the beginning, she said she took a selfie on her phone to send to AS. Then she said it wasn't her phone, it was Gannon's. AS and LE know if he received that picture or not. The problem is since she left her cell phone at home, she didn't want to be tracked. That makes me think that she either planned to leave him somewhere or she was going to finish him off. Now, I'm wondering again if she did leave him and used the rental car to go find him, because she didn't want to be recognized. She couldn't find him because he wondered away and passed away. Or, she found him dead and moved his body in the rental car. Either way, imo, she knew when they left that morning, he wasn't coming back home with her. I may be thinking too hard and it's something else completely...I just don't know. Jmo

I think you’re thinking “just right.” <wink>

I keep thinking about the military search last week and then she was arrested and charged early Monday morning. I wonder if they found a significant piece of evidence that confirmed Gannon is dead and also led back to TS. If so, I wonder what it could have been.

I cannot help but wonder if LE ( in one or both states ) decided she could be a potential danger to the public. JMOO

I wonder what day they impounded the CO rental car. Imagine if she tried to rent it again for her escape to SC. And she must have been feeling the heat right before running. I didn’t think persons of interest were allowed to leave the state. I’m surprised they didn’t tell everyone involved not to leave. Maybe they can’t by law unless u are an official suspect. Anyone know?

Unless you are charged with a crime and your bail restrictions prevent you from leaving, then there’s nothing law enforcement can do.

I think they knew about that rental car early on, as Al certainly was aware of it. I imagine they impounded that vehicle shortly thereafter.

JMO
JMO

Thank you for the reminder. I think I do remember that.

You’re right. The military search took place on the 29th, and the arrest warrant was issued on the 28th.

Where did the military search take place CO or SC? And why military. Was this on a base? I understand AS was military but who has jurisdiction and who called them in?

I agree with this assessment.

I think that there was a violent incident on Sunday where TS viciously attacked GS.
I think that initial assault was rage-related.

I think her decision to kill him was a practical one.
She wanted to avoid the serious consequences that were headed her way when it was discovered how badly she had injured him.

The abuse itself wasn't driven by any practical considerations, that was driven by malevolence and vindictiveness.

The motive for Gannon's murder was self-preservation.

I'm very, very confident of that.

JMO.
I agree with you. I kept thinking about her losing her job a few days before GS went missing. She must have been agitated and angry. Something happened on Sunday that triggered her to project that underlying anger at Gannon. She obviously hurt GS (the puddle of blood) where it couldn't be explained away and knew she was probably going to be up for abuse charges, and the end of her marriage. She panicked and decided to kill him and concoct a runaway story. Very much self-preservation.

she
I think you’re thinking “just right.” <wink>

She may have pushed him off a cliff and went back the next day to scout the area and see if anyone was around, cops, or hikers, or maybe even to look to make sure he was dead. This is what cops caught Peterson doing when he drove back to the marina after killing Lacy, probably to see if she washed up yet or if cops were fishing around and on to him.

I hope they checked the type of dirt on the rental tires and that they didn’t wash the rental car yet.

I agree with you. I kept thinking about her losing her job a few days before GS went missing. She must have been agitated and angry. Something happened on Sunday that triggered her to project that underlying anger at Gannon. She obviously hurt GS (the puddle of blood) where it couldn't be explained away and knew she was probably going to be up for abuse charges, and the end of her marriage. She panicked and decided to kill him and concoct a runaway story. Very much self-preservation.
BBM

@HundredAcreWood TS knew that if caught abusing Gannon, her marriage would be over. I am convinced that her abuse toward Gannon was covert and unknown to AS.

The rental car.... all our information is coming from a lying liar who lies. Consider this: after her actions on the 27th, AND realizing that despite her careful (premeditated) planning she'd had her Apple watch on that whole day, by the 28th she was in full CYA mode. And desperate to circumvent her previous mistakes. I could imagine a strong sense of paranoia-- so she goes to the airport to get AS. HOURS ahead of his flight. Parks in the lot, enters the airport. All nice normal behavior, in case anyone's watching (LE).... once inside she rents a car and leaves possibly via another exit.... while her car waits patiently at the airport, as if she's there too.

She drives straight to the location of Gannon's body. Removes him. Returns to the airport, parking maybe even in the rental lot, if one exists. Now, according to HER, she and AS left together in the rental, but to my knowledge, that's been verified BY NO ONE.

Despite what SHE says, I wonder if AS knew she'd rented a car. She seems to have no trouble selling alternate facts that are both not true and easily debunked. Not her worry.

Regardless of how they left and in how many vehicles, IMO Gannon's body was in the trunk. Devastating all of it but she operates without fear, without decency.

IMO as soon as TS was alone with the rental, I believe she went fully into relocation mode, moving him even farther from home.

IMO that selfsame Tuesday, she ceased living in the family home -- drama, dissention AND she had a REASON for not being there-- she NEEDED to be elsewhere. Off the grid.

I think she became POI primary uno because I think she was unreachable all of Wednedsay morning, the 29th.

I do however think she DID have a phone at this time. Borrowed. From a minor. To navigate. Check this: hotel room. Rental car. Daughter. Leave daughter in hotel room, tell her you're going out ALL NIGHT to search for Gannon. The caring thing to do. Rental car so he doesn't run from family vehicles (because that's logical) and cover of dark (because that's a good time for searching)... like magic, she buys herself 16 hours or more where no one knows where she is and no one can reach her. She said herself, with the back of her head, that people were saying she'd disappeared. Truth.

I believe JMO that LE has found the location where Gannon ORIGINALLY was. I believe they've found considerable evidence, far more than the sock and board. Those are likely in the arrest warrant. Enough to secure the warrant. But NOT EVERYTHING they have.

She KNEW her Apple watch had the potential to be her undoing. Hence her doubling down. Yup, backroads. Because because. Yup, sock. Because because flower pots. Yup, board. Because because Albert has tools. She just keeps spinning new yarns to presplain and postsplain everything that comes to light. No worries, it'll be a slam dunk case when it's presented, provided she doesn't Fotis herself first, because there will be a thousand data points and a truckload of forensic evidence. They'll know if she so much as sneezed that day.

It will be jarring.

I hate to consider it but other monsters before her have left children to die. I hear a mother's anguish when she describes JUSTICE FOR THIS HEINOUS CRIME. Heinous. I suspect ESPECIALLY heinous. Perhaps TS always INTENDED to return to the scene to confirm the outcome and to remove any restraints. Perhaps she hadn't counted on the rapid, early pressure. Questions from LE she couldn't answer well, AS and LH coming immediately, etc, etc. But either way, that combined with the Apple tracking, she must've known she'd have to rehide him. She wasn't as worried about her odyssey of stupidity toward Castle Rock, her debris field because I imagine she never expected LE to look so hard. Disordered though process: who's going to connect a sock or a this or a that to something 40 miles away? All told, I don't think Gannon was part of THAT journey.... I think he was first...JMO. And I believe, just like the searchpoints in and around Palmer Lake, I think her Apple watch led LE right to where he was, just a couple weeks after she'd already moved him.

Triggers. I can't help but to wonder if the extradition by car wasn't intentional. Unspoken but along the route LE knows the rental took... it may have dawned on her SHARPLY that they were on to her. She may have even thought that meant they'd found him. Hence the handcuff Houdini... she wanted out of that car. Either by causing a deadly accident or by assaulting an officer and gaining control of a weapon and a vehicle....

A woman looking at the charges against her, already a dangerous woman, is NEVER more dangerous than when she has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE TO LOSE.

There isn't a sentence harsh enough for the damage she's inflicted...

JMO JMO JMO

I’ve been speed reading & trying to keep up after this crazy week. My last post was probably the night we learned about the rental and very similar to this. I LOVE THIS MEGNUT... I feel exactly the same! I felt she didn’t search with AS & he was most likely not aware of the rental as well. You also say that it explains her accidental truth about disappearing... I felt very strongly about that! MOO
Kudos!

BBM
@AnnaGrace And when tS said it, she sounded convincing. My reason for thinking that Gannon did not die in the truck is that the scent would be picked up by the dogs.

We do not know whether the scent was picked up there or not. It could definitely be the case that he died in the truck, in which case they've known that since at least week 2 (I'd think). They were searching all along the route taken by that truck. Perhaps the rental car wasn't studied as early. We just don't know. Maybe all the clues are in the truck, hardly any in the rental car. We just don't know.

At any rate, none of us was there when they brought dogs or lab personnel to the truck. It's so hard to be patient!

Now that I think we can discuss Facebook - does anyone think the profile video TS put up of Gannon waving good bye and jumping in the lake was a hint? Is she that twisted?
I actually took a screenshot on that day she briefly opened her fb account and she put up that profile pic and LH commented to take it down. I think it’s okay to post since it was on TS’s fb. I think LH thought she was that twisted and I tend to think she is as well.

Attachments

• 7CAD64B2-EA8C-4915-B81C-8B820B377B98.jpeg
    7CAD64B2-EA8C-4915-B81C-8B820B377B98.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics