Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do so wish all missing children could get the same attention that Gannon has.
I can’t put my finger on what is so compelling about this case but it has affected me deeply.

I thought maybe it has to do with Landens presence, but then again Harley Dilly’s case had a similar effect and without his parents input. I wish I knew.

There was an article by USA Today in 2017 about how thoroughly schools check teacher's criminal background history.

Colorado was given a 'C', South Carolina recieved an 'A' and North Carolina was given an 'F.'

Did she ever teach in NC? I thought it was in SC where she broke the contract and after that she got the job in Colorado. Anyway surprisingly SC was one of seven to earn an 'A!'

I'm pretty sure every state requires a background check before hiring new teachers or before issuing a teachers license. I don't know what happened in her case but maybe the fact that she changed her name had something to do with it. Also crimes like theft or simple assault are the ones most commonly overlooked.

Imo
Name License # License Type Status Expiration Date
STAUCH, LETECIA LYNN
1141356 Educator Current 06/30/2021

@jillycat, I agree with you. The puppy matters a great deal to AS, and so much that he stated in his divorce. My guess is that Sadie was bought for, picked out by and/or dearly loved by Gannon.

And that would be reason for her to harm the dog. Where is Sadie? She didn't have her when arrested in SC. OMG!

Oh man, the thought of gannon loving on a new puppy, being excited about it- I am sure AS has some memories of seeing gannon laugh and play with it. Now I understand why he would want the dog. At first I thought maybe it was more TS dog and he might associate the dog with TS.

Thinking of Gannon, possibly finding love and affection in the dog they TS never gave him. Heartbreaking.

(I'm making a lot of assumptions I know)

Updated article regarding the "Houdini" incident. The incident apparently happened even earlier in the transport but that jail was full. Snipped below.

Letecia Stauch was being transported by El Paso County sheriff's deputies........, to Colorado Springs on Interstate 70 when she "slipped her cuffs" and assaulted a transport officer at milepost 284, near Abilene, Dickinson County....

Sheriff's deputies assisted in getting Stauch to a local hospital to be checked out,..... After she was treated and released, deputies assisted in arranging for Stauch to be held overnight in the Saline County jail, about 100 miles north of Wichita, Kan., since the Dickinson County jail was full.

Hoffman declined to provide the nature of the treatment.....

An El Paso County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman said she could not comment on the alleged assault.

"The whole extradition process is going to be a part of the case," she said.

Kansas sheriff: Gannon Stauch stepmom Letecia Stauch attacked deputy during transport
Oh boy! New info!

Bet they weren't at a bathroom break on highway marker 284.

I do so wish all missing children could get the same attention that Gannon has.
I can’t put my finger on what is so compelling about this case but it has affected me deeply.

I thought maybe it has to do with Landens presence, but then again Harley Dilly’s case had a similar effect and without his parents input. I wish I knew.
I think for me is that this sweet boy is close in age to my grandson, shares the same birthday as my own son and frankly all of the same mannerisms, game playing, snarky remarks as anyone else his age! He is so lovable because any one of us who has been a parent or sibling to a boy his age so totally gets this kid and so totally can love him!

My despair is that at this time I cannot reconcile that he may not be found. While that may happen I cannot acknowledge that at this time, on this site, under my name, if that happens you will hear prayers flowing from me but now I guess I just need to believe! God, what could that woman have done to him!?
I have huge difficulties with it too.
YingYing Zhang was never found and search efforts were paltry at best.
I'll never believe they could not have done a whole pile better.
I do have a persistent feeling they know he is not recoverable though.
I'd love to be dead wrong about this.

There was an article by USA Today in 2017 about how thoroughly schools check teacher's criminal background history.

Colorado was given a 'C', South Carolina recieved an 'A' and North Carolina was given an 'F.'

Did she ever teach in NC? I thought it was in SC where she broke the contract and after that she got the job in Colorado. Anyway surprisingly SC was one of seven to earn an 'A!'

I'm pretty sure every state requires a background check before hiring new teachers or before issuing a teachers license. I don't know what happened in her case but maybe the fact that she changed her name had something to do with it. Also crimes like theft or simple assault are the ones most commonly overlooked.

Imo

I can't speak to the accuracy of the USA Today grades for how states do licensure. And the article was from 2017 so even if it was accurate then, it may not be now.

But SC (a state that got an A) is apparently where TS got her initial license. Horry Co has verified she was employed as a teacher there by several school systems from 2012 on.

She did get a license in NC (an F state) in July 2016. But that's long after she began teaching in SC.

She did get a license in CO (a C state) in March 2019.

I'm not sure changing names played a role since all 3 states require fingerprints. And many K-12 teachers change their names as more are women than men.
JMO

if someone is saying they are anonymous but that someone that was in touch with Tee told them how Gannon passed and how she disposed of him don't you think they should turn it into LE or should the one just seeing it do it?
Absolutely turn it in to LE. They can vet it and see if it's credible or not. All they need is that one right tip, to bring Gannon home.

I have huge difficulties with it too.
YingYing Zhang was never found and search efforts were paltry at best.
I'll never believe they could not have done a whole pile better.
I do have a persistent feeling they know he is not recoverable though.
I'd love to be dead wrong about this.
God I hope you are dead wrong but believe your knowledge and experience surpasses mine and my heart is heavy as I have to acknowledge you may be right! May whatever the outcome may be may we all be united in that we loved Gannon and that whatever happens he will always be special in our hearts and may he and his family know that his is and always will be loved!

She’s volatile, and given her charges and her latest assault, it may just be that they’re not taking chances with her. I don’t see her as suicidal as much as I see her using anything she can to potentially harm another person. It could be that when this kind of unstable is what they get handed, this is standard.
TS attacked a deputy. That is a very, very bad thing to do when facing the rest of your life in prison. Deputies transporting an inmate are armed, but prison guards are not. Words out, and they had her number before she even walked through the door. No guard will trust her.

RSBM

Love your posts BTW, I have learned so much. Not a bone of contention but I am confused on this one...she didn't say "exercise equipment" She also said she needed the room in the back of the truck to bring used sports equipment to “Play it Again Sports,” a sporting goods store that buys and sells new and used sporting goods. Stauch said she planned to shop for hockey equipment for Gannon since it was the only sport he had shown interest in.

I took that to mean he had tried hockey...probably outgrew what he already had...as most kids do, year to year and she was 'trading in"

Thank you for the kind words and the correction.

Okay, then "used sports equipment." I do believe that whatever this turns out to be, it was used in some criminal fashion - but it wasn't likely to be a hockey stick (IMO). Maybe, though. And could be something else or something slightly different than what most mean by "sports equipment"

She loaded the "sports equipment" up in order to shop for hockey equipment. Implies that it was not hockey equipment that she loaded in order to go get more hockey equipment.

It's entirely possible that she was supposed to be exchanging older equipment for newer - but do kids really need a different sized hockey stick each year? And do we have any other evidence that Gannon even played hockey? Or that she ever entered a PIAS?

Did Gannon actually get new hockey gear that day? I'm doubting it very much. And I wonder what the term "sports equipment" means to TS. Is it another example of her double speak?

I do think LE knows exactly what she took out of the house between Sunday night and Monday at 10:15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member